When Autumn Falls

When Autumn Falls

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  14 reviews
As September fades, a new season begins. Leaves and temperatures tumble. Autumn means the end of summer, but the beginning of something new and crisp and familiar. Full color.
Published September 1st 2004 by Albert Whitman & Company

To ask other readers questions about When Autumn Falls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Autumn Falls

Leaf Man by Lois EhlertThe Busy Little Squirrel by Nancy TafuriThe Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything by Linda WilliamsScary, Scary Halloween by Eve BuntingSophie's Squash by Pat Zietlow Miller
Books about Fall/Autumn for Toddlers
21st out of 30 books — 18 voters
Leaf Man by Lois EhlertThe Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything by Linda WilliamsApples and Pumpkins by Anne F. RockwellFletcher and the Falling Leaves by Julia RawlinsonPumpkin Soup by Helen Cooper
Picture books about Fall
25th out of 51 books — 30 voters

More lists with this book...

Ina
This book, with its rhythmic text and wonderfully bright illustrations, introduces young readers to all that falls in Autumn. Leaves, football players, the temperature, the sun. The three dimensional paper collage pictures are vibrant and detailed and the kids loved finding the hidden images that can be found throughout this book. Birds in trees, a dogs eye peeking out from under a pile of leaves, the back of a child running behind a tree. There were many opportunities for interaction with my st...more
Heidi
I don't think this book is aimed for the right audience. The pictures seem to be for an older audience than what the text is aimed for. It's a fun book to bring in the feel for autumn, but I don't know what group I would read it to--especially as the pictures are best taken in a lap-read than a group.
Amanda
Since the weather just turned, this was a very timely book. Fall happens to be my favorite season and this makes a great case for all the reasons that it is my favorite. The cut paper illustrations are amazingly well done. Quite creative and fun for the story.
Meredith
This book has a really clever idea about Autumn and Fall, but it seemed to go right over the kid's heads. They liked the illustrations and the words, but didn't get the big picture. I thought it was clever though!
Samantha
Poetic text weighs heavily on the use of the word fall for the season of autumn. Many things fall during the season in addition to the leaves. Papercut collage artwork is beautiful. PreK-2.
Tricia
I found this book to be a solid choice for fall readaloud, encompassing many aspects of the season in bright attractive illustrations and pleasant rhyming text.
Dianne Norberg
Nice illustrations, nice rhyming book that captures a day in autumn and all the activities that happen in that season.
Rebecca
A cute picture book to read as summer is closing in and autumn is beginning to show.
Beverly
Very nice collages; good book for toddler or preschool story time.
Natalie  Harvey
Each page uses the word "fall" to describe an autumn action.
June
Feb 23, 2013 June rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: autumn requests for young children
Recommended to June by: Katie Fitzgerald
Simple story about all the things that "fall" during autumn.
the Reeds
Beautiful artwork. Easy read.
kireja
Read with kids I tutor
Kelley Burnette
Kelley Burnette marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Angela Freeman
Angela Freeman marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
cheryl
cheryl marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Gayle Lee
Gayle Lee marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
MrsMaryLibrary
MrsMaryLibrary marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014