Start by marking “How to Eat Like a Tree: Unearthing the Moderate Eater in You” as Want to Read:
How to Eat Like a Tree: Unearthing the Moderate Eater in You

How to Eat Like a Tree: Unearthing the Moderate Eater in You

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  14 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Okay, we know you're wondering . . . eat like a tree? Perhaps you think you don't have much to learn from our quiet arboreal friends -- but we think you may feel differently after perusing Dara Boland's exquisitely illustrated treatise. By eating for your body, not in spite of it, you can find and maintain your true natural weight. If you've ever had conflicted feelings ...more
Published March 1st 2004 by Celestial Arts (first published April 2000)

To ask other readers questions about How to Eat Like a Tree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Eat Like a Tree

josaleeni
Jun 23, 2008 josaleeni rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
I am giving this 4 stars and I don't recall actually reading it (I think it's mostly illustrations), but it still meant something important to me when I came across it (7ish years ago.) Attracted by the title, I snagged it for free from my old office -- it was up for grabs, no theft involved. At the time, the ability to be at peace with eating (eating what I wanted, but stopping when I was full), was alluding me. I kept the book around just to look at the spine. It was inspiring and I didn't ...more
Maggie
Aug 01, 2013 Maggie rated it really liked it
Simple hand written book with gorgeous illustrations.

Aimed at those dealing with eating disorders, in particular overeating. This book has value for everyone. It seems to hold good common sense, and a message that applies to us all.

Not sure how easily you will find a copy. It will only take a short while to read but its message may linger longer.
Shannon
May 15, 2008 Shannon rated it it was amazing
Reading this book feels like being given full access to your friend's personal journal and sketchbook. It's very personal and encourages you to develop a life of thinking and living as though food were not always on your mind, which as all life-long dieters/weight-strugglers know is MUCH easier said than done.
Jackie
Sep 27, 2013 Jackie rated it really liked it
This is a beautiful, fabulous book that I have not only read (twice) but also given as a gift twice, and am about to read again and give as a gift for a third time. It is truly lovely.
Megan Jayne
Megan Jayne rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2007
Heather Meade
Heather Meade rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2013
Flavia
Oct 25, 2007 Flavia rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming and just sweet. I would recommend to anyone that suffers from eating problems.
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2015
Toni
Toni rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2012
Kristen
Kristen rated it really liked it
May 10, 2014
Blanca
Blanca rated it it was ok
Apr 07, 2012
Lakesh
Lakesh rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2015
Lauren Piechota
Lauren Piechota rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Eunice
Eunice rated it did not like it
Sep 07, 2007
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2009
Amy
Amy added it
Jun 28, 2008
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
May 13, 2010
Glendy X.
Glendy X. marked it as to-read
May 31, 2010
Gusty
Gusty marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2010
Kamran
Kamran added it
Sep 21, 2010
Kitty
Kitty marked it as to-read
May 12, 2011
Laura Morrigan
Laura Morrigan marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2012
Rh
Rh added it
May 09, 2014
Artemis
Artemis marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014