Start by marking “Queen of Broken Hearts (Queen of Broken Hearts #1)” as Want to Read:
Queen of Broken Hearts (Queen of Broken Hearts #1)

Queen of Broken Hearts (Queen of Broken Hearts #1)

Con artist is a little too strong a descriptor for Birdie Anders. She prefers the term "Fabrication Specialist."

Taking over her high school was easy for a girl whose mother fabricated her way into becoming a Hollywood movie star. Now Birdie just has to keep her minions under control while maintaining her perfect image. Oh, and make sure no one digs up her criminal record.

T
Published April 3rd 2013

To ask other readers questions about Queen of Broken Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen of Broken Hearts

Tati
Sep 23, 2014 Tati rated it it was ok
I’d like to thank NetGalley and All Night Reads for providing me with a free copy in Exchange for an honest review.

This book left me confused. I thought it was about a con artist. What I apparently got was a book about high school pecking order. Birdie (the most normal name in a book with characters named Painkiller, Songbird, Lightbulb… I mean, seriously?) is the reigning Queen of Hearts at a school where every single kid is somehow a part of Hollywood. It wasn’t that clear what a Queen of Hear
Rachel Lightwood
0.5 stars - Review copy provided by All Night Reads for an honest review.

I was really hoping that Queen of Broken Hearts would be something funny, light-hearted and carefree because I haven't had much luck with any of my other books these last few weeks. Unfortunately that was not the case. I don’t know what else to say about it really. I didn't understand a single thing that was written. If I was asked to a short description about this book I would be stumped. I wouldn't know where to start. No
Mar 08, 2015 Sarah marked it as no-thanks
why are these people called lightbulb, popsicle, skittle, and songbird? why does Birdie think she needs enforcers? and who cares if one of them is facebook friends with Miley Cyrus? Just the sample of this book confused the heck out of me, I'm not reading the rest!

Thanks for saving me this pain Rachel!
Sandra
Apr 29, 2014 Sandra rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, read-in-2014
Read the review on my blog here: Sandra's World of Books

Let's just admit that I really like the cover. I am not a fan of people on the cover, I mentioned this millions of times before, but this works out. I love the font for the title a lot. You can guess a little where the book would be about by just seeing the cover. I would say it's about someone that breaks hearts that is famous. (The sunglasses). Which was a little true, but not completely.

So in this story we follow Birdie, which I think i
Laura Greenwood

Title: Queen of Broken Hearts
Series: Stone Throwers (#1)
Author: Jennifer Recchio
From: Netgalley
Genre: Contemporary
Release Date: 3rd Apil 2013
Challenges: 2016 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge, 2016 Blogger Shame, My TBR List Meme
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Birdie Anders is the Queen of Hearts, and the Queen of her high school. But keeping her followers in line is a full time occupation and she's found that she's lost the true friends she once had, Annab
Kirsty Hoggons
Jun 26, 2014 Kirsty Hoggons rated it liked it
I received this book from NetGalley. This book was very easy to read. It didn't require a lot of heavy thinking. It is a good book to read if you are looking for something quick to read. It was a bit confusing at times in the way that it had been written and sometimes I had to go back in the book so that I could clarify something. Birdie, as a character should have really irritated me but I actually quite liked her I absolutely loved Sam, possibly my favourite character out of the book, I do ...more
Manni
Jul 04, 2013 Manni rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
It was funny. When most of the books these days where the main characters are teenaged tend to be so very dramatic and depressing it was a good change. It really made me laugh.
The second thing was that it was short. It somewhat made me sad but it totally worked this way. I just hope that there will be more by this author. Imagine my surprise when I discovered it's her only work.

The story is of Birdie and who else is to better tell it than Birdie herself?
A girl who knows how to lie, cheat, con a
Julie
May 05, 2014 Julie rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I received this novel from NetGalley.

This novel, although much like Easy A (A movie starring Emma Stone) is cleverly written and engaging. However, the main character seems to be lacking a little something. Her interactions with the other characters are the best part of the novel, her story itself is rather lack-lustre.

The writing is good, the thought behind the novella is clever but not all the way thought out, too many similarities to other books and movies. That being said, it is a good littl
Megan (YABookers)
I received this free from the publishers via NetGalley

Birdie Anders is a thief and a con artist. Birdie Anders is about to lose her crown and she is determined a takedown before that happens.

It was an ok book. It was a quick read as it is only about 94 pages. Birdie is a fun character, she is a total bitch but she knows it. The other characters were a bit flat, and boring. The book would have probably have been better if it was longer. The romance was cute but a bit rushed and could have done w
Trisha
Nov 20, 2015 Trisha rated it liked it
Cute. It's the first word that jumps into my mind after reading this.

Birdie is a little crazy. She's taken down other girls to get to the top - to be the QUEEN OF HEARTS - her "it" school's top girl.

But every year she has to fight again for this spot. She thought she was uncontested. She thought no one would dare run against her.

She thought wrong.

I loved the crazy beginning and how off kilter it is. Just stick with the story,it really does tie it all up.

and Sam was adorable, Pak was crazy, Anna
Katarina
Apr 26, 2014 Katarina rated it it was ok
I love the cover, and from the description expected a fun read.

I was a bit disappointed though. The beginning made no sense at all, and it took me about a quarter of the book to get into it. For such a short read that was far too long.

Birdie is the queen bee of the mean girls and trying to hang onto her power by any means. Her posse is pretty flat...there's no real difference between the girls, other than hideous names.
The plot was ok, the book was ok overall. I didn't love it and I thought it
Faith
May 21, 2014 Faith rated it liked it
I received this book from NetGalley and it was very easy too read and I loved how if the saw her criminal record she was done for! It was a quick and easy read but I wish it was longer so that it had more character building!
KKat
KKat rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2014
Jennifer Recchio
Apr 05, 2013 Jennifer Recchio rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written
Ica
Ica rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2013
Helena
Helena rated it did not like it
Sep 12, 2014
Abbie
Abbie rated it it was ok
Feb 11, 2015
Danyika
Danyika rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2013
Karin Shaim
Karin Shaim rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2013
Kerry Szymanski
Kerry Szymanski rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2015
Ciarra
Ciarra rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2014
Leigh
Leigh rated it did not like it
Oct 23, 2013
Kelli
Kelli rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2015
May
May rated it did not like it
Apr 04, 2013
Laura Hannaway
Laura Hannaway rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2013
Raine
Raine rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2014
Dede
Dede rated it it was ok
May 27, 2014
Danisa Selvarajah
Danisa Selvarajah rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2013
Tara
Tara rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2014
Jennifer Recchio is a ghostly apparition who can only communicate through her enchanted mac book. Her spirit is rumored to reside somewhere in Southern Indiana, but no public sightings have yet been reported.
More about Jennifer Recchio...

Queen of Broken Hearts (2 books)
  • King of Forgotten Clubs (Queen of Broken Hearts, #2)