Start by marking “One Kitten for Kim” as Want to Read:
One Kitten for Kim

One Kitten for Kim (Weekly Reader Books)

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  11 reviews
When Kim's cat has kittens, his parents tell him that he may only keep one and must find homes for all the others. He follows their orders exactly, finding new owners for six kittens - and picking up a whole new pile of pets along the way!
Published June 1st 1969 by Addison-Wesley Publishing

To ask other readers questions about One Kitten for Kim, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Kitten for Kim

Chris Blue
This was a favorite when I was a kid! I'd always loved cats, so a book involving kittens immediately caught my attention as a kid, & then the hilarious way Kim's parents tell him he may only keep one kitten, but as he goes around his neighborhood to find homes for the rest he winds up with a new pet for each kitten that's adopted. Some quite interesting, including a rooster! I loved the illustrations too, very late 60s/early 70s, but definitely would stand the test of time for children of an ...more
Shayla
This book is about a boy who has to get rid of some kittens. He gives the kittens away, but the people give him animals in return. So in the end he has given away all the kittens and he has gained a lot of new exotic animals.
I like this story because there are cute animals in it. This book has a lot of repetitive words for children to see and catch on to. In the text, there are pictures included, so that children can help their parents read the story.
I would use this book with my children becau
Suzvet
Picked this one up at a book discounter several years ago. I intended to read it to my daughter, but she was less than impressed. I pulled it out the other night to read to my 5 YO son, as a break from the construction sites and train books we usually read. The "dated" aspects of this book are actually quite hip, beginning with a boy named Kim. The story turns on Kim's clever combination of enterprise and empathy, softly persuading each of his neighbors to take a kitten to fulfill a need of thei ...more
Asho
This book was in a box of books that belonged to my husband when he was a child, and it was a good find. Kim's parents tell him he can only have one kitten and he has to give the rest away. He then ends up trading each of the other kittens for different pets, ultimately coming home with only one kitten but a host of other animals as well. Like many other children's books, this one is a counting story with helpful illustrations to illustrate the numbers. The only reason this isn't a five star chi ...more
Melissa
We have been reading this for years. It's so charming.
Jenny
My friend, Valerie, enjoyed this book as a child. We checked this out from the library, and the girls love it! I have now ordered a copy for us to have. Very cute story, worth reading with the kids.
Bree
Notes:
one of my favorites as a kid -- need to find a copy to buy!
ETA - found it and kids love it too
Lili
A great book about how parents need to be specific in directions to children. Kim has to find a home for all his kittens (except one) and ends up "trading" for some interesting pets. The last page is great. Once again, I love reading this one to the kids.
Julie
A favorite growing up, but a little too long of a read for a quick bed time story.
Heidi FAUSETT
Great for pre-readers to help read. You will love this one!
Holly Mckeever
this is my favorite childrens' story
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Mallory Goad
Mallory Goad marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Weekly Reader Books (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • Jethro and the Jumbie (Weekly Reader Books)
  • Jackrabbit Goalie
  • Arthur, For the Very First Time
  • Too Many Cats! (Weekly Reader Books)
  • Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel
  • Weekly Reader Books Presents Help Is On The Way For: Taking Notes (Skills On Studying)
  • Cheerleading and Baton Twirling
  • The Rising Arrow
  • Swimmers, take your marks! (Weekly Reader Children's Book Club edition)
  • Little Toot: Pictures and story (Weekly Reader Children's Book Club)
Sylvester, The Mouse with the Musical Ear Sir Kevin of Devon Moon Mouse Colors Are Nice (A Little Golden Book) The Rain Puddle