Start by marking “Coming Home (Wakefield Romance, #2)” as Want to Read:
Coming Home (Wakefield Romance, #2)

Coming Home (Wakefield Romance #2)

4.36  ·  Rating Details ·  1,053 Ratings  ·  70 Reviews
In the sequel to "Two Weeks With a SEAL" we find Rhea left behind by Chad's deployment. When she's faced with a surprising obstacle, she misses him more as every day passes. Her friendship with fellow SEAL wife, Rosa, grows and they lean on one another for support. Chad wants to protect his brothers and loves his job, but he's ready to be a civilian again and to be home wi ...more
Published February 13th 2013 by Theresa Marguerite Hewitt

To ask other readers questions about Coming Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coming Home

Fated Truth by Tasha GwartneyShine Not Burn by Elle CaseyLick by Kylie ScottFalling into You by Jasinda WilderBullet by Jade C. Jamison
NEW Indie Books of 2013
40th out of 568 books — 1,036 voters
Accidental Leigh by Melanie  JamesNobody's Perfect by Kallypso MastersNobody's Hero by Kallypso MastersThe Darkest Frost, Vol. 1 by Tanya HolmesRussian Roulette by A.B. McKinley
Indie Authors to Watch
103rd out of 5,049 books — 5,218 voters

More lists with this book...

May 31, 2013 Sharon rated it it was amazing
After reading the 1st book in this series I had to get the 2nd as soon as I was done with the 1st. I just had to see what happened with the story of Rhea and Chad.

It was so hard to read that he had to be shipped out when they just admitted to each other their feelings that they have kept bottled up since childhood.

I can only imagine what the families of our service men and women go through when they are deployed. At the end of the 1st book it gave me a glimpse of what they must feel and it was
Jul 10, 2013 Andrea rated it it was ok
This book had a good story but there were so many grammatical and spelling mistakes (one on almost every page) that I took a star away just for that. She literally spelt soldier, "solider" every time she used that word. Seriously, whoever proofread this book should be fired. Also, as an author, she should not have made that many grammatical and spelling mistakes; they were things I learned in elementary school! Second, there was a huge lack of research for Navy SEALS (or military in general) and ...more
Dec 22, 2013 Renee rated it it was amazing
Bravo another wonderfully written book.Better than book 1? YES As a fan of books with military men, this did not disappoint. More for Rhea and Chad- count me in. I loved this plot mostly because it was loaded with angst.

It is the journey of coming clean for Rhea and Chad. Both finally admit the love they feel now, as well as the love they felt since being teenagers. What was realistic for me was Rhea not leading a reclusive life. She was dating sporadically, hanging with friends, and healing fr
Karen Harper
Apr 29, 2013 Karen Harper rated it it was amazing
Better than the First Book!
I was taught that if you didn’t have something good to say about someone or something, don’t say anything at all. Well, I have lots of good things to say about Coming Home, the second book in The Wakefield Romance Series.
The second book in a series is usually a ‘filler’ and not as good as the first. Not in this case. I really liked the first book, Two Weeks with a Seal, but I loved the second one! Although a little slow in places, I think that this is maybe the first
Mar 29, 2013 Eli rated it it was amazing
Theresa as an author just gets better and better. I loved this book more than the first, and wasn't expecting the ending to turn that way at all. I can't wait for the third book!!
May 16, 2013 Tonya rated it it was amazing

This book was even better than the first let me just tell ya. The first was good but this one had me crazy.

When the last book needed Chad was deployed and that was heart wrenching enough. Now while he is gone Rhea finds our she is pregnant. Yay!!! I was so hoping that would happen. Now we get to travel on a freaking e,otional roller coaster. I was so afraid Chad would be killed while over seas, or go missing, well anything bad. I was just afraid that things were going to Fall apart because they
Michele Williams
May 24, 2013 Michele Williams rated it liked it
I definitely liked Coming Home (book 2) better than Two Weeks With A Seal - the first book in the series The Wakefield Romance. This moved along and kept me interested whereas the first book seemed drawn out and repetitive. Don't get me wrong - I obviously liked the story of Rhea and Chad or I wouldn't have read the second book. The story was about two people from a small town in Virginia. Chad was Rhea's brother's best friend growing up and Seal teammate whom she fell in love with as a small ch ...more
Book Junky Girls
Jan 15, 2014 Book Junky Girls rated it really liked it
With Chad deployed he and Rhea learn if their relationship can survive the seperation. With unexpected surprises and new friends becoming closer what happens in the in between until they are together again.

This one is more angist this the first with lonely nights and great friends, but there's still Derik to contend with. You get to see inside his mind and how he feels about Rhea. There's still allot of fun times with close friends keeping things light even through tough times. Enjoyed seeing Ch
May 14, 2013 Katie rated it it was amazing
I have read the first two in this series back to back and cannot wait for book 3! This is the first I have read of her work. I am so impressed by her ability to express emotion. I really felt what the characters were going through! I have one teeny tiny issue, the way Rhea tries to accept Duke`s friendship. I could not believe some of the things she did! However,these actions are what brought about the whole climactic scene of the book! ...more
May 11, 2013 Nicole rated it really liked it
So, this was a sequel to Two Weeks with a Seal and it's pretty much a must read after book 1. I must admit though that this book was making me a little angry at Miss Rhea in the beginning. Didnt seem like the choices she was making made much sense. I was invested in the characters though so I finished the book and ended up really liking it. There were a few unexpected things that I didn't see coming too.
Oct 11, 2013 hugsandcookies rated it it was amazing
I like how book 2 is set out with each of their POV's.

This just made me not sleep till it was finished in one night. So again this didn't disappoint me but it made me love Chad and Rhea more.

This has more heartfelt more love and a little more angst (if you've read it then the part you know I'm referring to is an angst, well to me it is.)

Writing this review is making me going to read it all over again.
Jul 17, 2013 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Ray is at home all alone without Chad while he serves ove seas. Duke (who u meet i the 1st book) is a pain in the ass and proves to be much more than that....In this books you go threw the pain of only seeing your love one via skype :-( With the help of great friends and some family Ray makes it threw to the last day of Chads deployment just to possibly have EVERYTHING ripped away the day he comes home. What happened and does everyomake it out alive? Not gonna tell but its worth reading :-)
Jun 09, 2013 Tricia rated it it was amazing
This is a start to a great series. After starting reading the first book Two weeks with a Seal I smiled to myself because the towns that are named in this book is where I have been raised and where I still live around to this day. The talk about the bonfire parties among other things brought back memories of growing up :)
Jan 05, 2014 Louise rated it it was amazing
This is just as good if not better than book 1 Two Weeks With a Seal. A real emotional roller coaster, yep I needed tissues again!! Another well written book, its nice that not only do you get Rhea and Chads pov, but you also get the pov from close family and friends and it links nicely in to Ellie and Bobbys story. Looking forward to the next couple of books from the series.
Jun 09, 2013 TJ rated it it was amazing
Explosive sequel? Absolutely love this series. There was a warning at the beginning of the book that something would make you scream. I find myself cringing thinking that was the moment but when it finally happened. I really did scream! Can't wait for the next book. This author keeps her readers on toes!
Chelsea Camaron
Nov 10, 2013 Chelsea Camaron rated it it was amazing
I loved Chad and Rhea from the first book and wanted more. This book is a journey of emotion. I loved the feel of this book and the way Theresa Marguerite Hewitt brings the small town to life. Each character adds depth and pull into the story line one building onto the other. I loved the alternating POV and seeing things from Chad's perspective. Great read
Dawn Wells
Aug 02, 2013 Dawn Wells rated it liked it
I'm always honored to read a book featuring true Hero's like the military men and women keeping us safe and free. This book about the love of a military man and his long time love interest. Is very enjoyable. I read book one " two weeks with a seal" and had to read this one not just for a continuation of the story. But because I really liked the people represented. Looking forward to book 3.
Jean Stewart
Jun 25, 2013 Jean Stewart rated it it was amazing
Read this straight after two weeks with a seal. Loved getting to know the other characters a bit better& the relationships between kendall and harlan and garth and brad. Felt her pain when all she wanted was to speak to this man she had just declared her feelings to. Brilliant book& extremely moving scenes at the hospital to feel a strong man torn to pieces was such a heart wrenching moment.
Apr 17, 2013 Helen rated it it was amazing
Couldn't wait to read the 2nd book & it didn't disappoint, it just had me worried a few times! Love & envy the friendship shared with the whole gang of friends & love the love that Chad & Rhea share.
I'm intrigued to read book 3 of the series, hoping it has abit more of Kendall & Harlan as well.
Mar 13, 2013 Jessi rated it it was amazing
I almost bawled my eyes out in this book. Their was some close calls on both sides. But I did have tears in my eyes reading the scene from when Rhea was waiting for Chad's plane to land & his and the other characters reactions. Man you will need some tissues reading that cause wow!!!
Apr 29, 2013 Sheri rated it really liked it
I really really really loved the 2nd book! It made me laugh and cry.I think it was better than the first. Loved the support Ray got while Chad was away.Such great characters. I am looking forward to reading the next one.
Sarah Magner
May 15, 2013 Sarah Magner rated it really liked it
Probably liked the second one even better than the first! Fell in love with Brad and Garth in this one, and even more in love with Chad! Still plenty of grammar errors which drove me crazy so Theresa if you need more early readers to help with that I'm certainly happy to help!
Charlie N.
Sep 24, 2013 Charlie N. rated it really liked it
This book literally made me cry. Given I am a huge sap/mush so that may not be saying much,but I absolutely loved the book it was just great. The love that Rhea and Chad have for one another is just amazing. I could go on and on but its best to say that this series is highly recommended
Jan 25, 2014 Shannan rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
I liked this one better than the first. I like chad the best and really enjoy the friends of Rhea and Chad. I have to say I teared up at one part about 85% through the book.
I truly enjoyed the military aspect and will search for more books like that now.
Heather Cook
Mar 28, 2013 Heather Cook rated it really liked it
I loved this book as much as the first. I laughed and cried. I can relate to the characters. I know how it feels to wait for the phone calls. My hubby was deployed when I was pregnant and she captured the mood swings and feelings so well.
Feb 13, 2014 adnke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chad and Rhea

The a and Chad are together but world's apart. Chad serving his country and The a back home. tragedy strikes when Chad is do home making you wonder if they will survive
Jul 23, 2013 Charlene rated it it was amazing
After reading the first book in Theresa's other series, I was quick to pick up this one as well. Couldn't wait to see what would happen next, and had a hard time putting it down. Can't wait to see what happens next!
Dec 24, 2013 Ronda rated it it was amazing
I have to say this is one of the best series. You get pulled in to such an emotional story . I love the fact the Theresa can pulled you so far in to a story that you feel your standing right there watching the events happen.
Jun 17, 2013 Shelli rated it it was amazing
Check out my thoughts on this amazing story & Author
Sharing a Bit of Romance:
Apr 12, 2013 Phannie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-books
I couldn't help but love this book. I cried through a bunch of it. It had a twist I never guessed would happen. Completely fantastic.
  • The Girl Across the Street
  • Personal Attention (My Once and Future Love, #2)
  • SEAL Brotherhood Boxed Set 1
  • Outspoken Angel (SEALS, Inc., #2)
  • Tall, Dark and Daring (Tall, Dark and Dangerous #7-8)
  • Reckless (Finding Ava, #2)
  • Double Time (Double Threat, #3)
  • Breakpoint (High Risk, #4)
  • Sleeping With the Agent (Crossfire, #3)
  • A Million Wishes (Wishes, #1)
  • Giving You Forever (The Forever Series, #4)
  • Borrowing Trouble (Texas Trouble, #12)
  • SEALed with a Kiss (Harlequin Blaze, #589)
  • Caleb
  • Hell or High Water (Lost and Found, Inc., #1)
  • Can't Let Go
  • A Different Kind Of Fairy Tale (Spring Towers, #1)
  • Ready to Rumble (Love of the Game, #1)
I grew up in a very small town and will always be a country girl at heart.
More about Theresa Marguerite Hewitt...

Wakefield Romance (4 books)
  • Two Weeks with a SEAL (Wakefield Romance, #1)
  • I Never Asked You to Save Me (Wakefield Romance, #3)
  • Take Me Home (Wakefield Romance, #4)