Start by marking “Fuzzy Bee and Friends” as Want to Read:
Fuzzy Bee and Friends

Fuzzy Bee and Friends

This charming cloth book is perfect for your littlest ones! Features bright colors help to develop children's sensory awareness, as well as rhyming text helps kids improve their listening skills.
Published September 13th 2003 by Priddy Books (first published July 28th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Fuzzy Bee and Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fuzzy Bee and Friends

Phoebe
Mar 26, 2011 Phoebe rated it did not like it
Yes, "Fuzzy Bee and Friends" does taste pretty good and makes a satisfying crinkling noise when you grab it, but in terms of content? Big Fail!

Fuzzy Bee, the title character, never appears beyond the front cover. The rhyme syncopation is awkward, and the biology is totally inaccurate. Spiders don't get dizzy from spinning, dragon flies are not tame, and I'm pretty sure that baby worms loathe hot days.

"Squishy Turtle and Friends" has many of the same problems -- why are all sea creatures male? --
Max
Feb 09, 2011 Max rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Mark Wagner
Recommended to Max by: My grandma
Update 2/2011: COMPLETE TRAVESTY!!!!! My friend Graciela has this book too, and her edition has two extra pages in it that mine doesn't have!! WTF?!?! I adore this book, and now it turns out I've been cheated out of the fly and spider pages! It's like when my dad realized that for years, he'd been reading an abridged version of The Count of Monte Cristo, which is his favorite book of all time. (As an aside, he has just listened to all 45 hours of The Count on his iPod. I hope I'll grow up to be ...more
June
Jan 24, 2016 June rated it did not like it
Look. If you're going to call the book "Fuzzy Bee and Friends," Fuzzy Bee should be *in* the book. You can't just put him on the cover and never mention him again. I mean, what if they'd done that with Harry Potter?
Mia McInnis
Sep 02, 2015 Mia McInnis rated it it was amazing
My daughter adores this book - it gives her something to look at and touch. It's come to be among her favourite toys.
Jennifer Rampton
Sep 12, 2009 Jennifer Rampton rated it liked it
Summary: This is a cloth book. This book shows different animals. It shows just the basic picture of the insect and then says the word of the insect. They go through bumblebee, butterfly, worm, snail, ladybug, dragonfly, and beetle. It is very colorful and easy to hold.
Personal Reaction: I think this is a good book for the child to see the different bugs and easy for the child to hold. The pictures are basic and colorful for the child to look at
Sharon
Jun 02, 2012 Sharon rated it it was amazing
This is a perfectly charming baby book that can be felt, bitten, played with, slobbered on, and washed. We meet bee, lady bug, snail, beetle, dragon fly, worm, and butterfly - all with fuzz to feel or wings to pull on. Has a little velcro tab to keep it closed when not being "read". Also makes very inviting krinkly noises. Not a bath book. Cloth.
Sara Hemenway
Jul 04, 2012 Sara Hemenway rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
My son loved this when he was around 5-11 months old. He liked the crackly cover and the bug wings. After that, though, he moved quickly to board books and regular "first reader" type books. He LOVES turning pages. I would recommend this for infants and young toddlers.
Ellias
Apr 23, 2012 Ellias rated it liked it
Sarah and Yongping gave me this book at the baby shower. Mommy always takes my hand and rubs it on the pages so I can feel the different textures. I like books I can touch.
Katie Kabage
Jul 02, 2012 Katie Kabage rated it really liked it
I haven't been able to read all the words in this book yet, but the pictures are great, feel nice, and the pages taste and sound interesting.
Todd
Dec 22, 2008 Todd rated it it was amazing
pages make sounds, lots of colors, safe to put in mouth and machine washable. lots of 3D elements. an excellent source of entertainment.
Anna Wanderer
Nov 11, 2010 Anna Wanderer rated it really liked it
Oh this was a favorite at our house too. You'll be amazed how many times such a little book can surprise and delight on one car trip!
Heather
Sep 05, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it
This is a really cute cloth book. Each page has something to touch or interact with. We really like it.
Wileycoyote
Dec 16, 2008 Wileycoyote rated it really liked it
Fun crinkle book, save for the preposterous self-confidence of the butterfly
Sarah L.
Apr 26, 2011 Sarah L. rated it it was amazing
This book is both adorable and very edible for the 6 month reading set.
Brooke
Feb 23, 2015 Brooke rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
My favorite is the worm... excuse me, my daughter's favorite.
Julian
Jun 28, 2008 Julian rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Karl, Rosemary, Will, Abigail, Brighton, Monroe, Tobey, Eli, Baby El Guapo
Recommended to Julian by: uhm... it was a gift for Dargan from... uhm.... hm. jeez, how e
A true masterpiece.
Robyn Hardy
Robyn Hardy rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Margaret Ludlow
Margaret Ludlow rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2016
Brian
Brian rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2016
Brandon
Brandon rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2016
Kristina Dillon
Kristina Dillon rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Cat
Cat rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2016
Lesley Eyre
Lesley Eyre rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2016
Autum Troje
Autum Troje rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2016
Christine Clark
Christine Clark rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Kim Morrison
Kim Morrison rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Roger Priddy left school at 16 with just one qualification—in art. He went to Berkshire College of Art and Design and trained as an illustrator. His first job in children’s books was working with the publisher Peter Usborne, at Usborne Publishing, and then he worked with Peter Kindersley at Dorling Kindersley, where he spent 16 years. Priddy became Creative Director of DK’s Children’s Division and ...more
More about Roger Priddy...