Start by marking “Fuzzy Yellow Ducklings” as Want to Read:
Fuzzy Yellow Ducklings

Fuzzy Yellow Ducklings

This charming introduction to colors, shapes, and animals has been delighting children all over the world for ten years! There is a surprise on every peek-a-boo page, where textured shapes magically turn into colorful creatures perfect for toddler's touching.
Novelty Book, 32 pages
Published September 1st 1995 by Dial Books (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Fuzzy Yellow Ducklings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fuzzy Yellow Ducklings

Karissa Kelly
I love this book. It is a great introduction to shapes for young kids because it is interactive. This book is full of color and texture which would keep any child's attention. It's also a great book for learning about animals and what they look like. The animals are covered by a flap; therefore, this book is great for a guessing game and some fun.

Another thing I love about this book is it brings back memories. I read this book as a kid and fell in love with the fuzzy yellow duck, bumpy brown to
A gorgeously illustrated books, with some neat textures on each page, each illustrating a different color and shape. My DD loved it from ages 18mo - 3yo.
Sarah Sammis
Dec 02, 2011 Sarah Sammis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pc, read-in-2004
A favorite book of my son.
Amy Holliday
May 14, 2008 Amy Holliday rated it liked it
Comments on the Story:
There really is not a story to this book, although at the end the picture tells a story of the animals building a tower. However, this book uses language well to show what is on each page. I really liked how well the adjectives given goes along with both the sensation felt when touching the texture presented and the animal the shape represented on each page.

Recommended Uses for the Book:
For younger toddlers this book could be used to introduce colors, to let them feel the
Jul 14, 2014 Kaethe rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-aloud
Van Fleet works in an under-appreciated medium. Children's touchable board books are not a glamorous field. As far as I know there are no prizes given at esteemed gatherings, although the books themselves often acquire a Cheerio patina. Like diapers, they are an important aspect of rearing young humans, but adults don't really like to talk about them.

Van Fleet is a genius.
Meg McGregor
May 16, 2015 Meg McGregor rated it liked it
This is a fantastic book to help your littles ones learn about textures, colors, shapes, and animals.

Your little one will definitely want to read this book over and over again!
Sep 15, 2016 Henry rated it it was amazing
My boys loved this book — particularly in the 2-3 age range when they're really learning their shapes, colors, and animals. Frequently requested for bedtime reading.
Charles Yan
Aug 11, 2016 Charles Yan rated it it was amazing
Very soft book. I like the part with the frog tongue eating the other frog on accident and the part with the ducky
Feb 27, 2016 Debra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
This is better than pat the bunny. I am giving to my granddaughter for an Easter basket gift.
Nov 19, 2015 Melissa rated it really liked it
Big enough targets that El can touch them without frustration. Cute book!
Stephanie (Reading is Better With Cupcakes)
This book does just what it should. Simple and easy. Gets the attention of my 3 month...and for someone just learning how to get her hands on things she wants...she gets her hands on this one pretty well.
Jun 27, 2016 Jennie rated it it was amazing
For ten years this has been a big favorite of my grandchildren so I can't begin to count how many times I've read it, but at least twice in the past couple of weeks. The little ones love touching all of the different textures.
Oct 22, 2008 Pamela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
My favorite gift book for children who are just starting to be exposed to being read to in an interactive way ... the next step after board books. Very interactive - lots of fold outs and different textures.
Oct 17, 2008 Oliver rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! My favorite book. I like it so much that I'm busy tearing out all the pages. You can TOUCH the duck feathers. Better yet, you can EAT the duck feathers when Mommy isn't looking!
Jul 18, 2010 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Interest Level Grades PreK - 1
Genre: Nonfiction
Themes: Shapes, Textures, Colors
Uses: 1)Help teach shapes
2)Textures good for kinesthetic learners
Nov 15, 2010 Katherine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
The only problem is that it just asks to be torn apart, so just about every page is taped together. But it's such a fun book and Lacey loves it.
Aug 01, 2015 Wendy rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Textured shapes turn into creatures with the lift of a flap. Slightly trippy and easily rippy. This book lives at Grandma's house.
Carolyn Dijk
Jun 17, 2015 Carolyn Dijk rated it really liked it
A beautiful book for toddlers with curious fingers. The pictures are delightful and the textures make it fun.
Katieb (MundieMoms)
Feb 15, 2008 Katieb (MundieMoms) rated it really liked it
This is another children's favorite! My kids love touch and feel on each page, along w/ the shapes each pages shows.
Susan Erhardt
Nov 28, 2007 Susan Erhardt rated it it was amazing
A great book for toddlers with lots of great textures to touch.
Feb 09, 2016 Rebekah rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I adore touch and feel books especially ones by Van Fleet.
May 20, 2009 kiddos rated it liked it
Good shapes, textures and colors book for babies.
Jun 22, 2011 ABC rated it really liked it
Shelves: younger-kids
Cute touch and feel book for toddlers.
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Candis added it
Sep 11, 2016
Shauna marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
Petra added it
Sep 02, 2016
That  Guy
That Guy rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Smile!
  • Baby Animals
  • My Crayons Talk
  • I Spy Little Animals
  • You Are My I Love You
  • Good Morning, Good Night!: A Touch & Feel Bedtime Book
  • Where Is Baby's Pumpkin?
  • What Makes a Rainbow? Mini edition (A Magic Ribbon Book)
  • Spot's First Walk (color)
  • The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin (with CD)
  • I am Blop!
  • Peck, Peck, Peck
  • Quiet Loud
  • Clap Your Hands
  • My Five Senses Big Book (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1)
  • My Big Boy Potty
  • Big Enough for a Bed (Sesame Street)
Matthew Van Fleet's innovative books have been introducing children to basic concepts for over twenty years. His unique formats invite toddlers to touch, press, pull, lift and even sniff as they explore colors, shapes, numbers, letters, opposites and more. His books include the #1 New York Times bestsellers TAILS and DOG as well as the New York Times bestsellers CAT, ALPHABET, and HEADS.
More about Matthew Van Fleet...