Start by marking “Scorned Justice (Men of the Texas Rangers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Scorned Justice (Men of the Texas Rangers, #3)

Scorned Justice (The Men of the Texas Rangers #3)

Can love survive even when everything else is blown apart?
Published April 1st 2013 by Abingdon Press

To ask other readers questions about Scorned Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scorned Justice

Jul 27, 2013 Laura rated it liked it
Title: SCORNED JUSTICE
Author: Margaret Daley
Publisher: Abingdon Press
March 2013
ISBN: 978-1-4236-1436-8
Genre: romantic suspense

Texas Ranger Brody Calhoun is with his parents in west Texas when an unexpected attack injures the brother of Rebecca Morgan, Brody's high school sweetheart. The
local sheriff, a good friend, asks for Brody’s help. At first, it seems like an open-and-shut case.

As Brody digs deeper, he realizes the attack may be related to an organized crime trial Rebecca will be overseein
Wendy Sparkes
4.5* - Scorned Justice is #3 in The Men of the Texas Rangers series, but each book is a separate story & not connected to any of the other titles, so it doesn't matter if you haven't read the others.

Judge Rebecca Morgan has a huge case coming up - a trial of someone high profile in one of the local gangs. She is expecting trouble to target her, but when it does arrive it is far worse than she could have ever imagined.

Texas Ranger Brody Calhoun has arrived at the ranch Rebecca & her broth
April Erwin
Margaret Daley is back with her third installment in the super-charged Men of the Texas Rangers series. In fact, super-charged just barely does this justice. The suspense, action, danger and mystery is bigger than the state of Texas. Cattle rustling doesn't seem all that life threatening, but stir in organized crime and a family looking for revenge and the story becomes much more graphic.

And I do mean graphic. Not in a gratuitous way, but these crimes are real and they're presented as real with
Mary Beth
Dec 08, 2016 Mary Beth rated it liked it
Texas Ranger, Brody, moved away from his childhood friends as they grew older and he developed feelings for the younger sister, Rebecca. He couldn't stay around and watch Rebecca marry another. That was close to 10 years ago.

Now, Brody is back in town and Rebecca's life is in danger due to her role as the sitting judge in a retrial involving the Russian mafia. Coupled with strange occurrences at the ranch and to her loved ones, Rebecca falls under Brody's protection.

I have read Daley's works bef
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
What is it like to want revenge so much you go too far? What does it do to you? To the people around you? God wants us to forgive someone who has hurt us or done something wrong to us. Revenge comes out of the ability not to forgive a person for a wrong done. That is the premise behind the latest novel, Scorned Justice by Margaret Daley, the third book in her Men of the Texas Rangers Series.

When District Court Judge Rebecca Morgan receives a floral delivery, she isn't prepared for what she rece
Lisa Johnson
Mar 29, 2013 Lisa Johnson rated it it was amazing
Title: Scorned Justice: The Men of the Texas Rangers Book #3
Author: Margret Daley
Pages: 368
Year: 2013
Publisher: Abingdon Press
I just finished the latest novel in an entertaining as well as suspenseful mystery that is action packed! The first in this series is titled Saving Hope with the sequel being Shattered Silence and before winter of 2013 the fourth in the series will be released titled Severed Trust. As a reader who likes to see novels that intertwine faith with other themes, this one weav
Victor Gentile
Apr 24, 2013 Victor Gentile rated it it was amazing
Margaret Daley in her new book, “Scorned Justice book coverScorned Justice” Book Three in The Men of the Texas Rangers Series published by Abingdon Press gives us a contemporary adventure with The Texas Rangers.

From the back cover: Can love survive when everything else is blown apart?

When Texas Ranger Brody Calhoun is called to investigate an attack that has injured the brother of Brody’s high school sweetheart, Rebecca Morgan, he thinks it’s an open-and-shut case. But as Brody digs deeper, he r
Candy
Apr 25, 2013 Candy rated it it was amazing
Scorned Justice is an action packed suspense romance, full of murder, mystery, with a dash of romance!

District Court Judge Rebecca Morgan is presiding over the trial of a top ranking member of the Russian Mafia. It’s beginning to look like someone wants her off this trial when, her brother, Thomas Sinclair, has an accident on the ranch that puts him in a coma, Rebecca is nearly run over by a truck, and a witness for the trial is found dead. With her reputation as a tough judge, could the Russia
Mason
Apr 12, 2013 Mason rated it it was amazing
As part of the author’s virtual book tour, I had the opportunity to review her latest Christian fiction, Scorned Justice. While this is the third installment in the Men of the Texas Rangers series, it is a stand alone read.

Texas Ranger Brody Calhoun arrives at his childhood friend’s home for his birthday party only to learn he has been seriously injured in an accident. His friend, Thomas, was dragged by his horse while he was out checking on his ranch.

At first glance the incident appears to be a
Lindsey Silvestrini
Mar 31, 2013 Lindsey Silvestrini rated it really liked it
Scorned Justice from The Men of the Texas Rangers series has got it all: murder, mystery and just enough romance to spice it up! I love a good mystery, especially one that remains a mystery until the reveal at the last possible moment.

Margaret Daley is an expert at dropping hints at the perfect time and keeping you guessing. There was never a moment I thought I had this book figured out and while it drives me crazy while I’m reading it, it keeps me reading and is key in a successful mystery.

Rebe
Paul Goble
Aug 03, 2013 Paul Goble rated it it was amazing
Judge Rebecca Morgan is the target of the Russian Mafia trying to influence a trial, or is it the Dos Huesos Crusados gang, or is it someone else? Her childhood friend, Texas Ranger Brody Calhoun, rides to her rescue.

The suspense: Through misdirection, complex hints, and some impeccably timed surprises, the story maintained my interest and kept my brain buzzing.

The romance: The primary romance explored the awkwardness of very close friends who are afraid to risk the move to "something more." The
TAMMY CUEVAS
Texas Ranger Brody Calhoun has returned home to care for his father, knowing that he will see childhood friend Rebecca Morgan again. She does not know the depth of his feelings for her, and he would like to keep it that way. But when violence strikes her family and it appears that it is related to the case Rebecca is presiding over, the two are thrown together once more, they have to face their feelings for one another as they are trying to solve the mystery.

This is an action-packed novel with a
My Book Addiction and More MBA
SCORNED JUSTICE by Margaret Daley is a exciting inspirational Romantic Suspense. #3 in "The Men of The Texas Rangers' series,but can be read as a stand alone. See, "Saving Hope" and "Scattered Silence". Join Texas Ranger Brody Calhoun and Rebecca Morgan,Brody's High School sweetheart as they find healing,faith,strength,forgiveness and love. They must first battle organize crime,cattle rustlers,bribery,payoffs,secrets,murder,danger,corruption and than find of there is a place for their love after ...more
Juanita Wickey
Mar 19, 2014 Juanita Wickey rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading Scorned Justice, Margaret Daley’s book. This was an exciting story, what all the Texas Rangers had to go through to find answers to who committed the crimes, murders, etc. The ending surprised me totally. Would never have guessed who the guilty ones were; took a lot of time to locate them. Margaret Daley keeps you on the edge all throughout the story. So many adventures are in this story. Loved it, and I know you all will too. She is truly a gifted writer. I love reading ...more
Melinda
Apr 21, 2014 Melinda rated it it was amazing
There are four books in The Men of the Texas Rangers series by Margaret Daley.
Saving Hope
Shattered Silence
Scorned Justice
Severed Trust

I'm doing a combined review because I honestly didn't take a breath between reading books. The first was marked complete and the second was opened in a heartbeat.

Margaret Daley pens a great story of the men who comprise the modern day Texas Rangers. Each book contains a mystery to be solved (murder, missing children, drug distribution) while her heroes are everyd
Nancy
Jun 05, 2013 Nancy rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-suspense
In this third book in the Men of the Texas Rangers, some catastrophic events happen to Judge Rebecca Morgan as she presides over the murder trial of a Russian mafia leader. Texas Ranger Brody Calhoun is summoned to keep watch and investigate. Starting with her brother's "accident" and culminating with cattle rustling, a car bombing, a fire at Rebecca's family ranch, along with a couple more murders, something's not adding up according to Brody: someone's trying to scare Rebecca and her family ...more
Jeanie
Oct 09, 2013 Jeanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Another outstanding novel of inspirational suspense by Margaret Daley!!
I didn't think that the series could get better than the first book in the series, "Saving Hope", but I was wrong - read it in two evenings and wouldn't go to sleep last night until finishing it.
If you like excellent Christian novels of mystery and suspense, don't pass this one by. I appreciate seeing Christians, albeit fictional folks, live and pray out their faith in trying circumstances. In the case of Scorned Justice, the
Dianne Sidebottom
Sep 13, 2013 Dianne Sidebottom rated it it was amazing
Well!!!!! The Sinclair family certainly had more than their fair share of evil happen in a short time. The job of justice from the victim of crime to finding out who did the crime to the police work of bringing the party to trial for punishment then the system of lawyers who work the laws for their clients to family of victim and criminals relatives. Then they need to go home an d sleep and do their job again the next day. People certainly get a bee in their bonnet at times and take the law in ...more
Tammi
Sep 04, 2014 Tammi rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in Margaret Daley’s The Men of the Texas Rangers Series and all three are excellent. If you like stories containing Texas Rangers, I highly recommend this series. If you like great action packed mysteries mixed with a little romance, then this is a series for you. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and am looking forward to the 4th and final book. FYI, though the books are labeled as a series, they easily stand alone and have had no characters overlap from book to book. So ...more
Shannah Mauney
Talk about an action packed book! I cannot believe how well written each and every plot line in this story was written, executed, and wrapped up. The story is excellently written and focuses on revenge. Overall, this was a fast-paced, edge of your seat, keep you guessing until the very end suspenseful romance. I highly recommend it!

Read my full review: http://faithlovebooks.blogspot.com/20...
Sandy Duke
Jul 01, 2014 Sandy Duke rated it really liked it
Whoo Hoo! Boy, hidee. This little book hits the floor running and never lets up. I could not put it down. This third in the series does have more graphic violence than the previous books in the series, so be forewarned. However, it is not gratuitous and is appropriate to the subject. Yes, there's a little romance kindled, but there is also plenty of suspense, mystery, blood and pyrotechnics that you guys might even want to give this series a try!
Colletta Miller
Apr 08, 2013 Colletta Miller rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-done
You can read my full review at:

Maryann
Dec 06, 2013 Maryann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Missed recording when I finished this, I actually read it from start to finish in one day. Obviously really liked it.
Katy
Jan 23, 2014 Katy rated it really liked it
The best book of the Texas Rangers series so far. I did not see the ending coming at all! Though again, the reason I didn't give it 5 stars is due to the glaring editorial errors.
Bonnie
Oct 23, 2015 Bonnie rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book...it had several twists and turns to it that kept me guessing. Great read!!!!
Christy
Christy rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Savannah Grimes
Savannah Grimes rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2014
Trisha Birkes
Trisha Birkes rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2016
Dawn
Dawn rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • When a Secret Kills (Deadly Reunions, #3)
  • The Survivor (Crime Scene: Houston, #2)
  • Avenged (Pacific Coast Justice, #3)
  • Firethorn (Discarded Heroes, #4)
  • Poison (Bloodline Trilogy, #2)
  • Trapped (Private Justice, #2)
  • Stranded (Alaskan Courage, #3)
  • A Dangerous Stage (Protection for Hire, #2)
  • A Texan's Choice (Heart of a Hero, #3)
  • Stress Test
  • Safe in His Arms (Under Texas Stars, #2)
  • Married 'til Monday (Chapel Springs, #4)
Margaret Daley, an award-winning author of seventy-six books, has been married for over forty years and is a firm believer in romance and love. When she isn’t traveling, she’s writing love stories, often with a suspense thread and corralling her three cats that think they rule her household. To find out more about Margaret visit her website at http://www.margaretdaley.com.
More about Margaret Daley...

The Men of the Texas Rangers (4 books)
  • Saving Hope (Men of the Texas Rangers #1)
  • Shattered Silence (Men of the Texas Rangers, #2)
  • Severed Trust (Men of the Texas Rangers, #4)