Start by marking “Three, Four...Better Lock Your Door” as Want to Read:
Three, Four...Better Lock Your Door

Three, Four...Better Lock Your Door (Rebekka Franck #2)

It was supposed to be a night of fun, pleasure, lust and pain for Susanne Larsen when she agreed to meet with a stranger from a S&M chatroom. She met him for dinner that later led to casual, anonymous sex at the hotel-room at the local inn.

But someone else showed up in the room and suddenly it was no longer a game.

Zeeland Times star-reporter Rebekka Franck and her pho
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 244 pages
Published October 28th 2012 by DMC; 2 edition (October 28, 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Three, Four...Better Lock Your Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three, Four...Better Lock Your Door

Cab
Jan 15, 2015 Cab rated it did not like it
Shelves: crime, fiction, thriller
This is tough, I'm torn because I liked the 1st book, despite some of the grammar/syntax issues. However, I've found this one painful to read for a variety of reasons, all of them personal. My first clue that I was not as engaged in this story was the fact that I keep putting it down to read fan fiction or anything else that could engage my mind fully.

The timeline indicates that the story takes place two years after the 1st book but there has been little if any character development. That combin
Karri
The OCD in me can not stop a series once I start.... These would be more pleasant if the author would just have someone proof this a little. P.S. she really portrays Denmark as Sodom & Gomorrah.
Tara Jo
I read book #2 in the Rebekka Franck series...the main character is a newspaper journalist and in this book investigated a series of murders that occurred in a small Danish town. I had not read book #1 in the series, so I'm not sure how much I missed by not knowing more of the back story, but overall it was a decent read.

There were a lot of editing issues for me...in some cases it was mis-use of words, in other cases it was bad punctuation (quotes in the wrong place/missing, commas used incorre
Mike
Mar 19, 2014 Mike rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this book before reading the first one so I can only go by what all transpired here and not the connection between the first book & this one. I did enjoy this book immensely. It was very well written and the killer was truly a scary person, scary I think because there have been and will be, killers like this one anywhere in the world at any time. The best thing and a very ironic thing was how cool the reporter- Rebekka was; she wasn't your stereotypical reporter who is constantly in ...more
Shelley Dillard
I'm still not sure about this author, so far all the books are too similar and too easy to figure out who the killer is. Of
The OCD in me won't let me stop the series, I just keep hoping her books get better. As far as the proofreading goes I have yet to read a kindle book that has not had a lot of mistakes.
Beth
Oct 27, 2014 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-kindle
I don't know why but when I pick up a book by this author I just can't put it down until it's finished.....
Linda Branich
Whodunnit by lobotomy on live victims set in Denmark. Not bad, not great.
Agnes Muscoreil
Sep 22, 2014 Agnes Muscoreil rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Quick read but pretty easy to figure out early on.
Mary
Nov 27, 2016 Mary rated it it was amazing
I've had this series sitting in my TBR pile ready to read for a while and I'm glad I finally got the time to read them. I'm halfway through now and I'm really enjoying the saga of protagonist Rebekka Franck, journalist. The author does a wonderful job of giving a great mystery, a good background story, and working on creating some really fleshed out characters. I could tell that the author had grown in her writing in this second book. I particularly liked this book as it had a psychological ...more
Barbara Hornak
Nov 21, 2016 Barbara Hornak rated it it was amazing
Creepy people once again invade Denmark!

How does she come up with all these creepy people? Willow Rose has done it again. Rebekka Franke has a new collleague in town who is arriving on the scene of news stories before she and Sune does. One lobotomy becomes two becomes three and there is a new serial killer in town. Again the suspect is not anyone I guessed. Love this author
Liz Lennert
Oct 19, 2016 Liz Lennert rated it really liked it
Three, Four...Better lock your door

Not a bad book but have read better. I do recommend it as a good mystery read though. I have downloaded some more of this authors books so I'll see how they go.
Lynda Kelly
Jan 20, 2015 Lynda Kelly rated it did not like it
Shelves: deleted
Oh dear....I did try but only got to 17% and had to give up on this one. The first in this series had some translation issues but certainly not enough to put me off but this one is in a much worse state and I couldn't get through it. It was driving me nuts.
There were commas either added where not needed or missed. So sentences like "I am afraid, I can't" and "I exhaled relieved" mean something totally different and it made it too tiring to try wading through.
Then a police officer of a higher ran
Bud Mallar
Nope, as in the first one of this series - got them both for free as I recall - just not my cup of tea.

The book showed to be about 270 pages, but ended on about 230 - the rest was a preview of the author's next book. So it was short, a bit over a day fitting it into the other things in my life.

The murders were gruesome, and described with some detail, adult reading. The heroine apparently very smart, in some prior life.

The 'sex,' what there was, was in young-young adult terms - 'he put his sex
Pamela Fernandes
Dec 02, 2014 Pamela Fernandes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an edgy fast paced thriller. Set in Denmark in a town whose name I can't spell, its a very eerie set of deaths happening one after the other. Because of all the Criminal minds and Mentalist that I watch I was making connections and tada the next page journalist Rebecca Franck had made them. I really wasn't interested in her own personal life but the book was so well written that it was hard to put down. That Sune and Sara were so committed to investigative journalism gave me a real ...more
"Three, Four..." is the 2nd book in the Rebekka Franck series by Willow Rose. I definitely agree with a lot of other readers that there were a lot of grammatical errors throughout the book, which could have been prevented with a better translated. Although I found both of her books easy, quick reads with some gruesome murders, the negative portrayal of people in Denmark, especially the police detectives, started to annoy me in this book. Also, the mystery was pretty easy to figure out (and I'm ...more
Paula
Jan 25, 2015 Paula rated it liked it
Rebekkah Frank is a reporter for a small paper in a small town in Denmark. Sarah a co-worker in the office hears on the police scanner about a murder that took place in an inn. Rebekkah and Sune, her photographer rush over to get the information for the paper. The police don't want to give much away but Rebekkah has a way of getting info. A couple of days later another murder with the same MO is committed and the townfolk are getting worried that a serial killer is on the loose.

The story capture
Stanley McShane
Jun 04, 2016 Stanley McShane rated it it was ok
I don't remember seeing quite so many edit errors or omissions in the first of this series, but #2 by Willow Rose, a Rebekka Franck mystery, "Three, Four...Better Lock Your Door," is peppered with them. The plot is rather predictable and easy to guess the antagonist, though this star reporter somehow misses all the clues. She's quick to reject her photographer, Sune, thinking of him as a boy while getting the hots for the more mature macho psycho killer. Maybe she's not as sharp as she's cracked ...more
Eileen Patterson
this was even better than the first. totally messed up horror\thriller\mystery, but I loved it. the language is a little clunky, it king of reminds me of the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" books in that regard, lots of refusing to use contractions (i.e. "I am" and "I will not" instead of "I'm" and "I won't") which people complain about, but you get used to it, and the book is good enough to make me forget such small things. Lots of gore and nastiness and secrets from the past coming back to kill, ...more
Bob
Jul 22, 2015 Bob rated it did not like it
This book was a very easy read. That's about the only good thing i can say about it. The editing was almost non-existent. Punctuation was simply maddening. Commas where they didn't belong. No commas where they were needed. Run-on sentences. And the syntax wasn't any better. I don't know if the author is new to the english language or what, but it certainly read like a poorly translated transcript. As if all that weren't enough, i had the plot figured out about 1/3 of the way through the book. I ...more
Sarah Lozano
This is the second book in the Rebekka Franck series. The story was good but the grammatical errors were everywhere. The one issue I have is that Ms. Rose writes about the worst in people from Denmark. There are a few good people but, for the most part, there is a lot of physical, psychological and sexual abuse of adults and children. Another reviewer wrote, "P.S. she really portrays Denmark as Sodom & Gomorrah." I agree. I'll still recommend this book for those who enjoy mysteries with an ...more
Red
Aug 31, 2015 Red rated it it was amazing
I think Willow Rose is a darn good writer! LOL! Three, Four... is a pretty quick read, but well written (if you don't mind the many grammatical errors!) I love a series where the main characters give it a base. I actually guessed who the killer was about 25 minutes before the end of the book...but it was very interesting finding out just how exactly it happened. Can't wait for the next book in the series.
Cate
Nov 02, 2013 Cate rated it liked it
So this was better than the first Rebekkah Franck novel but there were still plenty of jarring phrases and editorial missteps. Still doesn't rate a 4 but, for me, it was a solid 3.5. Someone is roaming Denmark's sleepy hamlets lobotomizing seeming strangers. Throw in a threat to her family and a discredited author and a bit of romance and our Rebekkah has her hands full. A quick if not creepy read.
Kellee
Nov 09, 2014 Kellee rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
The beginning was very good. About halfway through, it slowed down drastically. I was 67% done before I finally gave up. I jumped to about 80% of the book just to see who the killer was. After I found out, I didn't try to find out what the motive was. In the book prior to this one, the main character got on my nerves. This time, the book itself and how slow it got worked my nerves. I doubt I'll be reading anymore of the series with this character.
gerri boyle
Aug 07, 2015 gerri boyle rated it it was amazing
Edge of the seat reading

Once again, Willow Rose's series highlighting journalist Rebekka Franck doesn't disappoint. Once again, she and her photog friend Sune as well as the office helper Sara track down a serial killer. Hard to believe this is the second serial killer in two years in Denmark. Something is really rotten in Denmark! This book is intense right down to the final chapter. So enjoy, it won't take you long to read it.
April Niblett
May 22, 2015 April Niblett rated it really liked it
Thriller

After reading horrible reviews I was skeptical of reading this book. I enjoyed the book and felt it was good read. It keeps you turning the pages looking forward to what's next. I didn't feel the "murderer" was revealed too soon as I read in previous reviews. I recommend this book.
Sabina D'agliano
Apr 30, 2014 Sabina D'agliano rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though I had the mystery figured out before the end, I really enjoyed the characters and setting of this story. I wish the media worked with the police in the US the same way they do in Denmark. The respect from both sides as well as the respect for the victims was refreshing. I am looking forward to reading more about these characters ... loved it!
Amber Adamchuk
Rebekka sure does know how to get herself into some sticky situations. It is a quick read with some suspense, a twist in the who done it. This was a freebie on the Kindle 100 free books, so I had to go back and get the first book, which I enjoyed more then the second, but will most likely still venture into the third to see what else Rebekka can get into.
Dawn
Jun 19, 2015 Dawn rated it really liked it
Willow Rose has done it again with her second installment of the Rebekka Franck series. You need to read the first to understand things but, I still recommend it. Its a great book as well. This book if filled with much more Gore thanks to the twisted killer who also loves performing labotomies on all of its victims. I can't wait to see what is in store for the characters in the next book!
Pat aka Tygyr
May 20, 2015 Pat aka Tygyr rated it really liked it
Rebekka Frank investigates a murder for the Denmark newspaper that she writes for.The 1st victim was looking for anonymous S & M at a hotel. Why was this victim chosen? When a second woman also dies in a similar horrible manner, Rebekka is scrambling to find the common link between the women. Meanwhile she becomes a target. I really enjoy this series of books.
Sandra Knapp
Jun 09, 2014 Sandra Knapp rated it really liked it
Easy to read - Suspenseful

The second in the Rebekka Frank mystery series, and I liked it even better than the first. I enjoy the small hints of life in Denmark as well. I've found these books to be very easy to read, relaxing while at the same time interesting and suspenseful. Definitely recommend!
  • Designed to Kill (Greg McKenzie Mysteries, Book 2)
  • With Full Malice
  • See No Evil (Shingle Beach, #1)
  • Malicious
  • Into the Shadows (A Jill Kennedy and DCI Max Trentham Mystery #1)
  • Never Forget
  • Gone... But Not Missed (Nathan Miccoli #1)
  • Crescent City Kill (Skip Langdon, #7)
  • The Sholes Key (Evans and Blackwell Mystery #1)
  • Grave Situation
  • Torch Ginger (Lei Crime, #2)
  • Deadly Focus (D.I. Jack Dylan #1)
  • Bad Wolf (Bad Wolf Chronicles, #1)
  • Cool Blue Tomb (Soc Series)
  • Tortured Memory (Brier Hospital #4)
  • An Eye For Danger
  • The Apostle Murders
  • Lost and Found (Walk the Right Road, #2)
Willow Rose aka the Queen of Scream is an international best-selling author. She writes Mystery/Suspense/Horror, Paranormal Romance and Fantasy. She is inspired by authors like James Patterson, Agatha Christie, Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Isabel Allende. She lives on Florida's Space Coast with her husband and two daughters. When she is not writing or reading, you'll find her surfing and watching ...more
More about Willow Rose...

Rebekka Franck (6 books)
  • One, Two ... He Is Coming For You (Rebekka Franck, #1)
  • Five, Six ... Grab Your Crucifix (Rebekka Franck, #3)
  • Seven, Eight...Gonna Stay Up Late (Rebekka Franck, #4)
  • Nine, Ten ... Never sleep again (Rebekka Franck, #5)
  • Eleven, Twelve ... Dig and Delve (Rebekka Franck #6)