The Storm Testament IV

The Storm Testament IV

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  327 ratings  ·  5 reviews
When the Fancher Company rides through town, Dan Storm learns that his old enemy, Dick Boggs, is traveling with them. However, at the insistence of Porter Rockwell, Storm leaves the territory to scout out a force of U.S. troops who set out from the East to unseat Brigham Young and install a new governor. When he later finds out that Boggs and the rest of the company are he...more
Published February 1st 2002 by Council Press (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about The Storm Testament IV, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Storm Testament IV

Stacy
This book jumped back in time and takes place before the previous one in the serious. I found this to be confusing, but I got used to it after a few chapters. One thing this series does is jump between POV and even narrators which I find distracting and pulls me out of the set up in the initial book of these being long lost journals.

Anyhow, this book continues its fast paced western adventure style, set in the backdrop of the Mormon Pioneers settling Utah. This one in particular dealt with the J...more
04NashJ
The Storm Testament IV Year published: 1986
By: Lee Nelson pages: 278

Audience: anyone who wants to read the book

The main issue is
The MT. meow massacre

The setting of the book is
The timed and place contributes to the story because there was poor communication to other people so the Indians and the Mormons attacked the wagon train. This could somewhat happen in different setting because there are still places that have poor communication.

Main Characters,
Protagonists: Dan storm, Porter Rockwell, I...more
Kristen
This book centered around the Mountain Meadow Massacre which I didn't even know about till PBS did that special.

The author said he did as much research as he could and based his story around it. I thought he did a good job portraying what a hard thing it was to do for John Lee rather than the spin PBS tried to pull.

Good historical LDS read.
Steve
Feb 26, 2011 Steve rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
I didn't like this as much. It was okay. I felt like Nelson found an interesting part of history and threw his characters into it. But because of the genre, I can't trust the history that is contained within the book.

It is still a good read and written well enough to keep the story flowing and the reader interested.
Kalee
Same complaint in that books 3 and 4 should be switched in order, but I think that Lee Nelson thought that 3 books were all that he could get away with, and then decided to go for another. I did learn a lot about the Mountain Meadow Massacre, which I don't remember from my previous times of reading this book.
Rbarfuss
Rbarfuss marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Kevin Dupree
Kevin Dupree marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
John
John added it
Mar 01, 2014
Alissa Bevziuk
Alissa Bevziuk marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
Jan 05, 2014
The Storm Testament The Storm Testament II Storm Testament III The Storm Testament V Storm Testament VII: Walkara