No More Tomorrows: The Compelling True Story of an Innocent Woman Sentenced to Twenty Years in a Hellhole Bali Prison

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  350 ratings  ·  47 reviews
It was meant to be a two-week holiday to celebrate her sister's birthday, but for Schapelle Corby it ended up a waking nightmare. Arrested at Denpasar airport after marijuana was found in her luggage, she became the victim of every traveller's darkest fear. Over four kilograms of drugs had been planted in her bag after she'd checked it in and she was forced to face the con...more
Published January 18th 2011 by Mainstream Digital (first published 2006)

Carli Malcolm
This topic of shappelle always brings debate, I believe her to be innocent based on the facts I know of which include the court case. Interesting read.
Jayjay
I have followed Schapelles case since day 1 and could never decide if she was innocent or guilty but after reading her story I was left in no doubt as to her innnocence.

I am also in little doubt as to indonesias govt's lack of care for human life. What Schapelle has had to endure in the first 5 years of her sentence no body should have to put up with. On the flip side if even Schapelle is a little bit guilty of this crime the time already served should be more than enough. Imposing a 20 year se...more
Leanna Henderson

A true story not for the faint of heart. If you want to continue living in la-la land where bad things only happen to bad people and good wins over evil, you shouldn't read Schapelle's story. Guilty or innocent? Whatever your opinion is, you can't argue with the fact that her trial was in no way fair. What sealed the question for me is a blog that simply stated - Guilty people don't beg for forensic testing of the evidence. I'm sick thinking of her suffering in pr...more
Kya
When I first heard about the news of someone being arrested and the prospect they might be innocent I was upset, but once I found out more about the case and the people involved I was devastated. I never believed for once she was guilty of her crimes and as you read through the pages you can’t help but be moved and wish you could do something. She has gone through a lot of troubles to live in a world that would be hard to imagine. Even with graphic detail described in her troubled voice you coul...more
Kat
The arrest, trial and conviction of Schapelle Corby occured in the few years just proceeding my move away from Australia in 2008, but it remains one of the most talked-about legal cases that I can remember in my lifetime. For those outside of Australia, her name may be vaguely familiar, but for Australians over the age of 25 or so, it was a case that everyone had an opinion about.

For anyone not familiar with the case, Schapelle was arrested in Indonesia, after more than 4 kilograms of marjuana...more
Tracey Allen at Carpe Librum
This is quite a controversial book, which sparked conversation (even amongst strangers) wherever I went with it. It would seem that Schapelle Corby is the modern day Lindy Chamberlain, and her guilt/innocence will be discussed long into the future.

I was warned that this book was quite graphic, and very depressing, but I thought that if Schapelle can live it, I can read it. I'm glad I did. It was refreshing to hear her point of view, and not the media version wihch has hindered her situation beyo...more
Jazz Cooling
I decided to read this book because I was browsing through the library and picked it out.

This novel completes the category on the bingo board 'A diary, biography or autobiography.' Being an autobiography, it gave me an immensely personal perspective on what Schapelle Corby endured. It enables the reader to feel her pain, and understand her suffering. It allows people to hear her side of the story and listen to what she has to say. She sets the record straight about all the lies and ridiculous st...more
Koko
Eric
Where to begin? How about by saying that I truly feel sorry for Schapelle and the miscarriage of justice that she was subjected to. It really is a shame that she wasn't entitled to the same rights that she would have been back in her native country.

Having said that the whole book was a big sob story. I was expecting juicy prison gossip and her struggle to survive on a daily basis. She whinges about everything (understandably) but at the same time she had the Australian government bankrolling a...more
Catherine
This is a MUST READ for anyone interested in the Shapelle Corby case. I admit I was a fence sitter before but now I am convinced Shapelle was a victim of airport (Sydney) crime. If the Bali Custom Officers had done their job properly and she had been given a fair trial I truly believe Shapelle would be a free woman today. This book is also a fascinating (and very shocking) insight into life at 'Hotel K'. Loved the cartoon at the end - it sums up the Bali judicial system to a T!
Chantel
A book of integrity, family love, injustice and a corrupt legal system. This book backed up everything I thought all along about this poor woman and her fight for injustice, My heart goes out to herself and her family, I could not possible imagine what she is going through daily in there. I hope that one day her fire will burn bright again and she lives a normal happy life back in her own country where she belongs!
Miki
I can't believe she is still in jail because I don't think she did it. There must be a lot of people who are in jails for false charges in the world. I wanted to go to Bali one day but from reading this book I'm not sure if I still want to go there. I'll have to make sure my bags are locked every time when I get on the airplane from now on.
Gothmummi
I hadn't heard of shapelle before I read this so had no idea that she would remain imprisoned in the end! I'm convinced of her innocence and shocked at the handling of the case, even if she had of been guilty!
not for the faint hearted. I wish her much luck for the future, whatever that may be
Kathryn
A controversial autobiography, written by a controversial woman. It's difficult to know what the truth is in the Schapelle Corby case when there are so many possibilities, though Corby's depiction of life inside an Indonesian prison is quite interesting.
Honni
Read in one sitting over xmas. Sad story about a young Aussie girl who gets "framed" for bring in 4 kilos of pot into Bali. Reads like you are reading a diary of her life before, during and current.
Michelle Sherry
It's the book you hate to love reading. It's heartbreaking, honest and most of all terrifying. This girl is literally living in a waking nightmare. Definitely a must read.
Genie Field
I loved it. I couldn't put this book down. It was fascinating finally reading the story from the cats mouth rather than the media.
I believe she is innocent now.
Lorna
Amazing story. This is a real eye-opener. Always lock your luggage. I feel so bad for Schapelle and hope that someone will be able to help her.
Vanessa
Since Corby's latest parole incident and the media's interest has once again resurfaced I felt compelled to wanna know more about her experience. I have always wondered what she was actually feeling and what's going through her mind through all her hell since she seems to avoid the media at all cost. The book wasn't very well written as it seems like she was repeating herself most of the time. But it's definitely a very good insight to Corby's mind and her experience in jail. Guilty or not. She...more
Michelle Fogarty
Riveting reading, so sad & thought provoking.
Sami
With my newfound love for traveling, it wasn’t a surprise that the story of Schapelle Corby, ‘Ganja Queen’ caught my eye. Traveling can be both liberating and empowering, but can easily be taken away and become crippling.

There is much controversy surrounding Schapelle’s conviction and sentence tied to the weakness of forensic evidence, Bali airport officials refusal to release camera clips, the use of hearsay as evidence, and refusal to investigate airport personnel between her connecting fligh...more
Michael
I'm trying not to let the fact that I put out a five-star review on some other book effect another recent read, but ultimately that mental block is just irresistible. can't fight being human. can't fight the urge to "balance" the existence of a five-star book with a three star somewhere along the line. a high 3? an impressive, professional piece of (ghost-) writing? if only I could actually just rate a 3.5 on a possible 3.7ish piece of work? ahh... what a series of mental loops...

OK back to the...more
Kylie
I feel so sad to admit that I was one of "those" people that thought Shapelle Corby was guilty, with the belief that where there's smoke there's fire. I now believe that this poor young woman is only guilty of trusting the wrong people. I didn't think I could feel any more heart broken for her until I read the additional chapter that tells how her life has been 10 years on.
Andrew Parkinson
I found this book interesting but also quite irritating. I agree that what schapelle went/is going through would be extremely traumatic but when I was reading the book I was thinking to myself, why are you allowing such morons to defend you in court? it was frustrating! if your lawyer is sending text messages during your court appearances, you sack them. I've been in court quite a few times, a while back and it's east to tell if you're lawyer is an idiot or not. also, almost every single page, s...more
Kathy Petrakis
Very interesting story and very frustrating - if it wasn't the injustice of it all, it was the constant media bombardment and the corruption of almost everyone around her - Australian and Indonesian.

A frustrating story but well told.
Monica Sasson
Terribly sad and frustrating.
Lisa
Having tried to read Sins of the father, I was recommended to read this. Understandably a horrific experience and currently incarcerated, this was of no interest. The written story wasn't of "feeling", and lacked a lot. My heart however goes out to her, as I have always believed in her innocence.
Lorraine
I was always one who sat on the fence with whether or not schapelle corby was innocent or guilty. I'm so glad that I read this book. I no longer sit on that fence. She is innocent! She needs to be set free. Those conditions in hotel K are horrendous!
Paul
A very good book detailing the events surrounding Schapelle Corby.

The third book that I've read by this author. I think if you're into the drug trade and also what happens at hotel k then it's a good book.

As for this book, its just amazing to see how even when shes innocent the courts and also the media didn't really give her a chance. Hopefully some day that will change.
Renee
still not convinced one way or the other glad she is out nowo
  • Forget You Had a Daughter: Doing Time in the 'Bangkok Hilton'
  • The damage done : twelve years of hell in a Bangkok prison
  • Once I Was a Princess
  • My Friend the Mercenary
  • Beautiful
  • Pride Over Pity
  • True Spirit: The Aussie Girl Who Took On The World
  • Mass Casualties: A Young Medic's True Story of Death, Deception, and Dishonor in Iraq
  • Growing Pains
  • Get Well Soon! My (un)Brilliant Career As A Nurse
  • God's Callgirl: A Memoir
  • House of Stone: The True Story of a Family Divided in War-Torn Zimbabwe
  • You'll Be Sorry When I'm Dead
  • A Baby's Cry
  • Impossible Motherhood: Testimony of an Abortion Addict
  • The Sum of My Parts: A Survivor's Story of Dissociative Identity Disorder
  • The Dig Tree: The Story of Bravery, Insanity, and the Race to Discover Australia's Wild Frontier
  • Little Boy Blue: A Puppy's Rescue from Death Row and His Owner's Journey for Truth