Start by marking “Freeing Asia (Breaking Free, #1)” as Want to Read:
Freeing Asia (Breaking Free, #1)

Freeing Asia (Breaking Free #1)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  1,643 ratings  ·  277 reviews
How does a tomboy raised in a house full of men find the sensual woman inside of her? Growing up with a widowed, retired Marine as a father and two older brothers taught Asia to be tough. But how does she stop being one of the guys and learn to find the right one?

Finding herself won't be easy, finding love will be even harder.

Meeting Jay opens Asia's eyes to the possibil
Published August 11th 2013 by E.M. Abel

To ask other readers questions about Freeing Asia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freeing Asia

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireSeptember Again by Hunter S. JonesEasy by Tammara WebberThe Edge of Never by J.A. RedmerskiHopeless by Colleen Hoover
Books I'm In Love With
27th out of 446 books — 219 voters
The Help by Kathryn StockettThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsGone Girl by Gillian FlynnThe Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk KiddWater for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Best Beach Reads 2013
379th out of 2,343 books — 4,260 voters

More lists with this book...

Ella Frank

ONE GIRL

[image error]

TWO GUYS

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

One from her past, and someone new.

Explosive chemistry with both…. Things are about to get HOT!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Freeing Asia, is a story about a young woman searching for herself and finding along the way that sometimes the things you think you want aren’t always what you end up getting.

Asia, a beautiful young woman in her twenties, is the main character of this novel and she is an engaging and easily likeable heroine.

Unlike your stereotypical, blonde or brunette, Asia is an exotic
Lisa

Read my full review at Sinfully Sexy and enter to win a signed paperback of Freeing Asia (US only)

5 Surfer Girl Stars

descriptionI never thought that you would be the one to hold my heart
But you came around and you knocked me off the ground from the start

You put your arms around me
And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go
You put your arms around me and I'm home

How many times will you let me change my mind and turn around
I can't decide if I'll let you save my life or if I'll drown

I hope that
Christy
 photo 6c940cd2-0419-4108-96e9-f651b169e376_zpsa4fa80e2.jpg

Freeing Asia isn’t just a story. It’s a journey. Asia's journey. All Asia wants is to be free. Free to be herself, accept herself, and have others accept her for who she is. I love self discovery books, and I’m a sucker for a second chance at a first love story line, so this was right up my alley!

I was the tomboy with no clue how to be the confident.

Asia grew up as a tomboy. Her mother died when she was a child, and she grew up surrounded by men. Her father who is a military man, and her brot
Mistress
Wow! Let me start off by saying this book was amazing! It had everything I love in it. There are two hot, bossy, tattooed, bad boys...

Marcus, who is all bad boy...

Jay who is trying to be a reformed bad boy...

And Asia, a strong, smart heroine.

This book has humor, great banter and awesome side characters. I love Shaun! I can't wait to read his book!

The sex is incredibly HOT!

I love the biting

the nail digging

and HAWT hair pulling.

Freeing Asia is full of drama, heartbreak, and love. This book has a
Lisa Jayne
3 ASIA STARS.

description

'Freeing Asia' is a two-for-one deal book, you've got your second chance at love story and a classic will she, Wont she love triangle plot. Low on the angst, and high on the 'man candy' this story is as easy as turning the pages and here are my thoughts ...

What's it all about?
Asia fuller is a self-titled tom boy, she has grown up surrounded by men and as a consequence is seen as one of the boys. Asia is plagued with a history of heartache, a less than satisfactory career, low self w
Jess-i-ca ~The Gif Witch~
4.5 Stars! Awesome Debut Novel!

So growing up I LOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVED Skater guys! I wore baggy clothes, had a skateboard, and busted my ass on a few half pipes. So then I hear there is a book with a hot, tatted up skateboarder and I am THERE!

The book starts with Asia who is growing up in a house full of guys and she is a major tomboy. She is very athletic and runs ( Yes, I said she runs!), surfs, and skateboards.
 photo levy_tran_7_zps0c196a6a.jpg

As a teenager she is in love with her brother
Mo
OK some books come on my feed – friends recommending them, posting links to them, author's links, FB pages, etc. I had seen the blurb about this book a while back and I totally loved the premise for the book. I marked it down as one I wanted to read straight away. I have been updating a bit while reading it and have mentioned that I just could not get how it was getting so many FIVE star, rave reviews. Somebody mentioned that most of the FIVE stars were coming from folks who received an ….

of the
E.M. Abel
Apr 14, 2015 E.M. Abel rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
BONUS CHAPTER IS NOW LIVE ON MY BLOG
Here is a DIRECT LINK: http://emabelbooks.com/freeing-asia-b...

photo cutchainspic_zps4m6hckti.jpg

Freeing Asia is NOW LIVE on AMAZON and Barnes and Noble!!!

Duchess Nicole
ON SALE FOR 99 cents!!!!!!!!!!!

"I was tired of hurting, I was tired of being scared, and I was tired of doubting myself. I had to stop looking for love. I had to stop looking to other people to fill the void I carried in my heart. If I wanted to be whole, if I wanted to be free, I had to be the one to cut the chains."

FINDING ASIA,

FREEING ASIA

Just the title is catchy, I think. Add in a half Japanese heroine and a love triangle, and I was SOLD!

I'm going to do a rundown of the things that lead m
Sarah ❤️ Literary Hottie

FULL, SPOILER FREE REVIEW........

photo image_zps5581df19.jpg

This is the story of a girl who puts her heart on the line for the love of her life, only for him to walk away without even a second glance.......and for her to lose herself in the process.......

It's the story of a girl who has wrapped her heart up so tight that no ones getting in there....

It's the story of a girl who decides to try again, only this time she's going to be a different girl, a confident girl, a girl a guy wouldn't walk away from.....

Problem is,
Lili
Freeing Asia
 photo image_zpsb26a0eeb.jpg

Freeing Asia is the story of a young woman on the road to self discovery.

photo image_zps421000bd.jpg

Asia grew up in a household of men, having lost her mother at a young age. She's always been the tomboy- one of the guys. Now she is ready for change and see herself in a different way. While on her journey she must choose between two men.

Jay, the wealthy son of a CEO.
 photo image_zps46a62b7a.jpg
He is everything that Asia is not. Although she is very attracted to him she wonders at what price to herself a relationship with him will cost
Vishous
DNF AT 15%

WARNING: IF YOU WANT TO READ THIS BOOK, DO NOT READ MY REVIEW! MAYBE I WILL BE TOO HARSH BUT I DID WARN YOU.

We can't all love the same books. I am 100% sure millions of people hated or dnf-ed books I find amazing. So in this case I am apparently the one that hates the book that everyone else seems to love.

I wanted to read this book since I saw the blurb and arc-review. It sounded perfect, just how I love them. Full of angst, drama, triangle, heartache, etc.

Does it have it? I honestly h
Meli Mel *Ty and Zane's Creeper*
~Arc provided by Author in exchange for and honest review~

5 SMOKIN' HOT STARS

"In order to know true love, you must know deep pain"

Asia Fuller has grown up surrounded by men since her mother passed away. She has always felt like one of the boys. She doesn't know how to be a sexy woman to attract a man. She's tired of being a tomboy and wants her inner woman to shine through. She wants what every girl wants, a man by her side and love. She's finally letting go of her first love, Marcus Aver
Jamie~Book Boyfriend Ho♥

An Absolutely Beautiful Story of A First Love, Heartbreak, New Beginnings, And A Young Woman's Journey On Being Free To Be Herself...

I truly loved this story... Asia is a sweet and beautiful girl that tries to stay out of the spotlight..She dresses NOT to impress and she doesn't see how beautiful she is. She looks in the mirror and see's a tomboy that grew up around the guys and fit in perfectly with them. She can surf, smoke, curse, and take on anyone just like her brothers..

Her first love wa
Didi
Sometimes I doubt my instincts. And I really shouldn't. This would be the perfect example of why that is.

Freeing Asia was all.Over.The.Place. I literally couldn't tune into GR's without seeing this book floating around. I put it off several times. I HATE love triangles so going into this was pure hesitancy.
But now that I've read it, I can safely say that it wasn't a traditional love triangle per se, more of a trying-to-move-on-but-not-quite-being-able-to-because-my-first-love-has-re-entered-the
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ Lucas, Jesse, James,Jethro and Daniel ✝✝
Freeing Asia is a lovely book. A story about Asia Fuller and two delicious tattooed boys, Jay Clark and Marcus Avery. Not to forget her awesome brother, Shaun! I still want for more for them! Can't wait to see you catches Shaun and Jay :)

photo tumblr_inline_mfr05cAWW91r50rd3.gif

There were plenty of sweet, hot intense and funny moments in this book.

Asia is a surfer, skater and bad ass, just as much as her brother is. Growing up with boys does that! She is such a loving character. My Asia:

photo article-2225840-15C6CA07000005DC-125_634x543.jpg

Jay is super sweet and ohhh so "talented". You
SanO
5 DEBUT-licious STARS!

Wow. What a splash. I loved this so much! What a beautiful story from beginning to end. It had it all.
And what’s amazing is that for me, my feelings intensified as the storyline progressed. I’ve had bad luck lately in reading books that are amazing in the first half, and then fall flat later. NOT THE CASE here!

This was amazeballs!!

This book had pain, hope, insecurity & 2 hot guys! The underlying theme ofcourse is that you have to love yourself, before you can love an
Alyssa
Freeing Asia was one of those books where I had to sit back and smile after I finished. Remember that feeling of "true elation"? Where you have to stop—take a deep breath and really take in the feeling. That's how I felt after being in Asia's world.

This book was story of finding your true self, making your dreams a reality and recognizing who you should share your life with.

Asia was an artistic, young woman who didn't keep up with appearances, didn't seem to care what others thought but knew som
Patrycja

** ARC provided by an author in exchange for honest review **

"I’m sorry babe. I’m sorry I hurt you. I was stupid. I fucked up. I thought I was doing you a favor by keeping things light. I was helping you when I left. But now, I see it was the biggest mistake of my life. You gave me something precious, you gave yourslef to me and I threw it away. I’m not makin’ that mistake again, babe. Never again."

Freeing Asia is deep, emotional journey that will leave you breathless. Enchanting, captivati
M. ~ B&B
It was one thing to have someone insult you or have someone hurt you but it was an entirely different thing when the person who didn't believe in you and didn't think you were anything special was you.

This was a beautiful, hot, sweet and sexy story full of love, heartbreak and healing. It was a story about Asia trying to find herself, open herself up and quit hiding. In life many things happen that twist and turn our emotions and feelings, leaving us all messed up. This is what happened to A
Jen
First of all, I would like to start by saying a huge thank you to E.M. Abel for the contest that she ran on Facebook! I was lucky enough to win a copy of "Freeing Asia," and I am so glad that I did! This was a book that I shied away from, as I had heard there was a love triangle in it. I am not a huge fan of love triangles as I don't like to see the odd man out get hurt and left behind. This story though, dealt with everyone involved in a tasteful way, and it didn't leave me feeling super sad fo ...more
♥Trish♥
*ARC Provided by author for honest review*

Really enjoyed Asia's story. Loved how this book was about finding herself and getting the guy she loves.
Great quirky cast of characters. Decent angst, good love story and how important it is to be yourself & be true to it no matter what.
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy
OK... This is officially my return from the HIATUS on book reviews and what a perfect story to come back with.

Let's start with the good stuff... casting

"In order to know true love, you must know deep pain"

So let's get to the dissecting that I promised to the author... but SPOILER... with my 5 star rating there is not much... at least not anything that can take away from the story.

Its got everything: angst, tight family, snarky & really opinionated friends... and brace yourself a LOVE TR
Pam Godwin
The slow burn begins with Jay, a bad-boy club owner turned do-gooder heir to his father's company. It's not Asia who changes him--she prefers the rebelliousness he refuses to unleash. This fresh angle adds an intriguing complication to the sweet romantic plot.

The burn ignites when Marcus appears in scene. Asia shares a history with this impenetrable professional skater, and it's difficult to figure out where their relationship will go now that he's back in town.

Both Jay and Marcus have charmed t
Serena
Author provided arc copy for honest review.

This has been one of the best books I have read in awhile.

This book is told from the POV of Asia.
surfer girl photo: surfer girl surfer.jpg

I connected with the book soo much. It is about a girl trying to find herself and love. She is a tomboy and thinks she is just one of the guys. She is beautiful and talented. Asia is also strong and caring and funny. She has the best, best friends a girl could ask for! Hayley a girlie girl that is the yin to Asia's yang. Nike the gay best friend who helps
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
4.5-4.75 Stars

No more tears.

Thank you Ms. Abel for bringing an end to my book funk. I fucking loved this book; I consumed it in one day. I saw this book around GR and was awaiting its release, so as soon as it came out, I was all over it like white on rice. Once I picked it up, I couldn’t put it down. I can totally relate to the heroine and her insecurities, I guess dressing like a tomboy and having two older brothers can do that to a girl. To me, this story is about figuring out how to accept
Splage
5+ Wonderful Stars
Heat Level - 5 flames

Crista and Splage's Joint Review posted at Swept Away By Romance

What worked
Crista says:
I loved this book so much that it’s hard for me to describe any one single thing that made this book special. I think one of the best parts of this book is that “Freeing Asia” is exactly what this book is all about. Asia starts this book as an insecure and self-conscious girl and ends this book as a confident and “free” woman. Her evolution is gradual and she does it usi
Heather

I had two recommendations from my reading friends for this book. So naturally, I had to check it out. This is a really well written book about a tough girl who sees herself as "one of the guys". She has spent her young adult life regretting the one who got away, the one who broker her heart and took her innocence. Now, she's all grown up and she is ready to move on.

Asia grew up in the shadow of her brothers who protected her from everything and everyone. But Asia is no delicate flower. Living wi

Rach  *Feisty kitty*
Aug 12, 2013 Rach *Feisty kitty* added it
Recommended to Rach *Feisty kitty* by: Vishous * suit me up & tie me down *
Not rating

DNF'd at 35%

Hmmmm.....what to say???

I kept trying to give this story a chance! I really did, just to prove V wrong bwhahaha!

But sadly :( I couldn't finish it! *whispers* so I confess V you are right!! Hahahaha never again will I say you are right :)

The heroine got on my nerves with her immature ways and childish ideas. The so called 'bad boy' Jay was far from badass!

I didn't feel connected to the characters enough to care what happened and the sex was just meh for me :(

Her brothe
Goodreads Librari...: New cover as default ?? 4 20 Apr 15, 2015 04:38AM
Goodreads Librari...: Change book cover before I publish 9 62 Aug 19, 2013 09:51AM
Freeing Asia ARC Buddy Read 183 101 Aug 03, 2013 07:17PM
  • Beneath the Burn
  • Vol.1 (London Brown, #3.5)
  • Safe (Conquering, #1)
  • ANNIHILATION (Alfonzo, #6)
  • Surviving Raine (Surviving Raine, #1)
  • Unforgiven (Unforgiven, #1)
  • Adam, Enough Said (This Can't Be Happening, #3)
  • Cake
  • Soul Enslaved (Sons of Wrath, #3)
  • Pieces of Truth (Pieces of Lies, #2)
  • Happy Hour (Racing on the Edge, #1)
  • Agent of Desire (Jessica Booker, #1)
  • The Education of Caroline (The Education of..., #2)
  • Over the Hills and Far Away (NOLA's Own, #1)
  • The Boots My Mother Gave Me
  • Infraction (Breach, #2)
  • Crossing the Line (Battered Hearts, #3)
  • VIP (VIP, #1)
My husband is awesome and also a Chief in the US Navy. This means crazy schedules, uncertainty and lots of nights spent alone writing on my computer.

I have two amazing kids who always know how to make me laugh.

I've been passionate about writing since I wrote my first poem in the 3rd grade and I've been using it as a means to express myself since.

I think because I hold my emotions so close and f
More about E.M. Abel...

Breaking Free (3 books)
  • Breaking Shaun (Breaking Free, #2)
  • Saving Jay (Breaking Free, #3)
Breaking Shaun (Breaking Free, #2) Saving Jay (Breaking Free, #3) The Breaking Free Series Box Set: (Freeing Asia, Breaking Shaun & Saving Jay) Liquid & Ash

“But I was also angry. I was angry with myself for giving my heart to someone who didn’t even know me, let alone love me back. I was ashamed that I’d tried to be someone I wasn’t just so I could feel wanted.” 11 likes
“Tears started to cloud my vision, and a single stream fell down my face. Wiping my cheek, I straightened my back and looked into my eyes. I wanted to make my mom proud. I wanted to show her I could be strong. Marcus had been wrong. I wasn’t free, but I wanted to be. I was tired of hurting, I was tired of being scared, and I was tired of doubting myself. I had to stop looking for love. I had to stop looking to other people to fill the void I carried in my heart.

If I wanted to be whole, if I wanted to be free, I had to be the one to cut the chains.”
10 likes