Start by marking “You're Still The One” as Want to Read:
You're Still The One

Janet Dailey

You're Still The One

3.53  ·  Rating Details  ·  97 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
A knowing wink. . .a smile that tugs at the heartstrings. . .a mind-blowing kiss. In this unforgettable collection of stories, four women have a second chance to rekindle an old spark. . .

The Apple Orchard by Cathy Lamb

When an injury lands Allie Pelletier in the emergency room, she comes face-to-face with the only man she's ever truly loved--Dr. Jace Rios. But can Jace als
Published March 5th 2013 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about You're Still The One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You're Still The One

Beth
Jan 29, 2013 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You’re Still The One is a romance anthology with a collection of emotion invoking stories. Finding love where it was lost can be harder than you think and each book in this collection has a unique twist to this pursuit.

The Apple Orchard by Cathy Lamb
Allie Pellitier comes face to face to the only man she ever loves after being kicked by her horse. Dr. Jace Rios, emergency room doctor, wants to stitch up Allie’s wounds on her leg and hopefully find a place in her heart.

This was a highly emotional
Mina De Caro (Mina's Bookshelf)
Review available on Mina's Bookshelf http://minadecaro.blogspot.com/2013/0...

What I am reviewing today is an anthology co-authored by some of the most prominent names in the romance and women's fiction industry. Few authors have the ability to deliver a solid tale within the limited space of a short story without lacking intensity and emotional impact, or without rushing the narration through a poor world and character building. In this case, not only these fabulous storytellers avoided those fl
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
As soon as I saw this book I had to pick it up. I have been reading and enjoying books by Janet Daily for a long, long time. I was excited to see this new book of novellas and without reading the synopsis I started reading…

The Apple Orchard by Cathy Lamb

This has to be one of the most emotional stories I have read in a long, long time. I dare you to read this and not cry a single tear. There is no way you can make it through this heartbreaking and touching novella without getting to the point o
Kari
Mar 25, 2013 Kari rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, 2013
I always like to read anthologies because the stories are quick and just the right thing when you need something light. I am such a sucker for long lost love stories.I found three of the stories enjoyable. The last, not so much.

The Apple Orchard by Cathy Lamb was by far the most emotional of the four stories. Allie and Jace were in love, but she broke up with him to hide a dark secret. when they meet up again years later, the attraction is still there. I was really rooting for this couple. I lov
Amy Vida
May 06, 2015 Amy Vida rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was very grateful to receive a copy of this book. I really enjoyed each of the four stories. The only reason I gave it four stars is from Janet Dailey's story. I did not like how the female character ended her engagement. It was very sophomoric, and made me really dislike the character. In all of my years of reading, this is one character I wished I never met.
Shirley Frances

You're Still the One is a collection of 4 stories about different couples that have been given a second chance at having a relationship with their first love.

The anthology as a whole was a good but two stories stood out for me the most because of their interesting characters, the emotions brought to the page and the originality of the story.

"The Apple Orchard" by Cathy Lamb - 5 stars

In this story we get to meet Allie, a woman who's haunted by her past even after having survived it. Her
Kortney
Mar 16, 2013 Kortney rated it really liked it
I was a lucky winner of a copy of You're Still the One from NetGalley, which brings together 4 different stories by 4 amazing romance authors. Having never read any of these authors’ books prior to reading this book I wasn’t sure what to expect. But right when I started reading the first one I knew this collection of 4 books would keep me hooked until the end.

The first book “The Apple Orchard” by Cathy Lamb takes place in small town where everyone knows everyone. Allie Pelletier had left her fa
Erin
Apr 20, 2013 Erin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
This book was a lovely compilation of stories that commemorate one’s first love, and how they may never truly get over them.

The Apple Orchard, by Cathy Lamb, was a story of a girl, Allie, who runs into her first love that she never got over. She ran away without giving him a reason. She is haunted by the demons of her past and she had allowed that to come between her and Jace. As Jace continues to pursue her, she continues to run away. I really enjoyed this story. Allie’s pain runs deep and she
Julie Barrett
Mar 05, 2013 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You're Still The One by 4 authors
Love reading a book where there are 4 stories by 4 different authors. Gives me a chance to see what the author is about and usually add them to my favorites..
The Apple Orchard by Cathy Lamb
Allie Pellitier had once lived in a trailer park across from an apple orchard. Both her parents are gone and she got fired from her job. She's now in the hospital about to get sewn back together when in walks Dr. Jace Rios. They have a past together and she was attempting to ju
Micah L.
Mar 15, 2015 Micah L. marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Apparently, this book (or collection of books?) is written by numerous authors( but, when can numerous be listed for only 3? I don't know). Judging by the description that is.
Thalia Diaz
I only liked Cathy Lamb's story.
2sonreader
This is a collection of four novellas by some of today's most popular romance authors. Each story was a quick, but enjoyable, read about going back to one's first love. Some of the stories were poignant, others were quirky and there were elements of humor throughout. I would recommend this book to someone looking for a nice, light read. Thank you to NetGalley for an ARC given in exchange for an unbiased review.

Dianne C
The devil and mr. Chocolate 1 star
Tia
Mar 31, 2013 Tia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I just got this in the mail and can't wait to start reading. I am finished. These stories were fun easy reads. The first one, The Apple Orchard was a little confusing with the letter I thought it could have been written better, even though the story line was a cute idea. I thought the Kiss before Midnight was my favorite.
Stacey
Apr 29, 2013 Stacey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I received this as a first reads win.

My favorite was the first short in this collection. They all felt like a lifetime movie waiting to be made lol, but still cute. The 2nd & last one weren't as good as the 1st and 3rd in my opinion. Not really my kind of books, these were too grocery store love story-ish for me.
Patricia Solla
An odd set of short stories dealing with past relationships and picking them up again in the present. This book certainly had a 'hearts and flowers' feel to it. All the stories were unique and well written.
Michele
May 25, 2013 Michele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating: 4.5 Stars

See my full review:

Carol
Mar 17, 2013 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this collection of novellas, Elizabeth Bass's "Romeo and Juliet ... And Jane" was my favorite. I hope she revisits these characters again!
Nancy
Mar 19, 2013 Nancy rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Four Stories - Four Authors

Love - Second Chances - What Could Be Better!!!

Thanks NetGalley - Kensington Publishing
Carissa
May 08, 2013 Carissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-2013
Great collection of stories!
Cari
Apr 28, 2013 Cari rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
it's just a feel good book.
Rhonny
Rhonny marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Sandra Myers
Sandra Myers marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Sasha Hill
Sasha Hill marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Mona Belle
Mona Belle marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Shirlene
Shirlene marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Shelbie
Shelbie marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
S
S marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
  • A Fly on the Wall
  • Bell, Book and Candle
  • Linda McCartney. Life in Photographs
  • A Chance to Win: Boyhood, Baseball, and the Struggle for Redemption in the Inner City
  • Reality Check (Charly's Epic Fiascos, #2)
  • Wicked Wagers The Complete Trilogy
  • Startup (Blue Fate 1)
  • Between Here and Here
  • Very New Orleans: A Celebration of History, Culture, and Cajun Country Charm
  • The Last Summer of Ordinary Times
  • Mending the Line (Golden Rule Outfitters #1)
Janet Anne Haradon Dailey was an American author of numerous romance novels as Janet Dailey (her married name). Her novels have been translated into nineteen languages and have sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Born in 1944 in Storm Lake, Iowa, she attended secretarial school in Omaha, Nebraska before meeting her husband, Bill. Bill and Janet worked together in construction and land developme
More about Janet Dailey...