Start by marking “The Diabetes Breakthrough: A Scientifically Proven Program to Lose Weight, Cut Medications and Reverse Diabetes” as Want to Read:

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Why WAIT?

In this groundbreaking book, diabetes and weight management expert Osama Hamdy, M.D., Ph.D., reveals how you can reverse the course of your type 2 diabetes, lose weight for good and finally reclaim your health - in just 12 weeks!

Dr. Hamdy is at the forefront of cutting-edge clinical research conducted at Joslin Diabetes Center, an affiliate of Harvard Medical Scho
Published February 25th 2014 by Harlequin (first published November 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Diabetes Breakthrough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Diabetes Breakthrough

Tony Parsons
I’m not in this stage yet but close. Since I have a heart condition it limits something’s. My new Dr. was not happy with my weight gain; neither was I. I am a former athlete not pro so I know my body in/out. Diet is at the top of my list, exercise well it could/will improve. As do 2 of my 3 kids, now young adults know their bodies in/out. & it’s a joy when I can watch my 2 granddaughters participate in sports.

1st/foremost ask your Primary Care Provider (PCP) Dr.) for a full physical. This i
Shannon L. Gonzalez
The Diabetes Breakthrough
Osama Hamdy, Sheri Colberg

If You or a Family Member Has Diabetes, They Must Read This Book!

At an affiliate of Harvard Medical School the Joslin Diabetes Center has been conducting research on this ground breaking plan with astonishing results. This book chronicles a step-by-step process that the center uses daily for its patients.

The plan is for 12 weeks—that’s only 3 months to a renewed
Acquafortis
I was very interested in reading this book since I have been living with my genetical diabetes for quite some time now.
Sincerely speaking I thought there was more to this book than what I felt was stating the obvious. But I kept on reading...
And yes for me it states the obvious or at least most parts although rereading them can help refreshing parts that I might tend to forget willingly or not (such as portion weighing).
Now I do not want to sound arrogant in my knowledge (but being a health prac
Beth Nieman
The premise of the book is that losing weight and exercising will help control diabetes (Type 1 or Type 2) and pre-diabetes. The 12-week plan (which can be extended as long as needed) for addressing the difficulty of losing weight is first handled with controlled eating of pre-portioned commercial foods, such as certain brands of meal replacement shakes and two frozen dinners (again, certain types which do not exceed 300 calories per meal). Dieters can add in snacks through the day. The recommen ...more
Marilyn Stanley
I received this book free through Goodreads First Read.

This book is basically an ABC of common sense. We all know - or we all should know - that being careful to count calories and daily exercise will result in weight lose which will help control diabetes.

This book would be good for someone who has trouble following a diabetes diet plan because it is a step by step approach.
Sandy
I'm a sucker for "breakthrough" - and I hoped for something new or different. Instead, there's nothing here that's any different from any of a million other books - lose weight, count calories, do lots of exercise. If you're brand new to diabetes and don't exercise and don't see any reason to exercise, it might be useful.

Overall, I'm glad I checked this out of the library!
Deb
Nice step by step plan. Would read a week at at time if some one really wants to change their life and habits.

I read this weekend! Interesting book. Good information. I rated it four stars instead of five because lot of the information is common sense.

Do like the work ears in the book. To list our own objectives.
Amy
Thank you Goodreads for this book.
This book gives you a 12 week plan in helping you with diabetes. It explains the various medications that are used, different exercises and recipes to help you manage.
By following this book you should lose weight and lower your medicine dosages or be able to get off some.
John
Not a bad book. Some basic stuff that is backed up to show that you can control your diabetes. Gave it to my mom who also enjoyed reading it as she was diagnosed with type 2 years ago.
Christa
I found this book to be very helpful and easy to understand. It gives clear, easy to follow steps that will help to control blood sugar and diabetes. Much of it is information that I have seen before, but the author lays it out into a plan that can easily become a lifestyle of making choices and acting in a manner to lessen the impact of diabetes and greatly reduce blood sugar.
Anne
I was so hoping to win the Diabetes Break-Through book form Goodreads,as I have a close friend with diabetes.Reading this step by step book helped me understand her Type 2 Diabetes better so i can give her the support she needs.The explanations were clear and concise.It was a lot of info in one place,and it was all easy to digest and follow.
Awais
Awais marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Mirta
Mirta marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Marnie
Marnie marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
جوري حسن
جوري حسن marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Diane K. Peterson
Diane K. Peterson marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Kevin Meredith
Kevin Meredith marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Stacy
Stacy added it
Jul 10, 2014
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Chris
Chris is currently reading it
May 30, 2014
Jordan
Jordan marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
viktoria
viktoria marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
  • In Her Corner
  • Is Your Chair Killing You?
  • Eat Like a Woman: A 3-Week, 3-Step Program to Finally Drop the Pounds and Feel Better Than Ever
  • Healthy Joints for Life: An Orthopedic Surgeon's Proven Plan to Reduce Pain and Inflammation, Avoid Surgery and Get Moving Again
  • Double the Trouble (Kings of California, #14)
  • Behind the Scenes
  • Skinny-Size It: 101 Recipes That Will Fill You Up and Slim You Down
  • The Belly Fat Diet: Lose Your Belly, Shed Excess Weight, Improve Health
  • The Dog Who Healed a Family: And Other True Animal Stories That Warm the Heart & Touch the Soul
  • Take the Bait
  • At the Highwayman's Pleasure
  • The Sparkpeople Cookbook: Love Your Food, Lose the Weight
  • The New Lean for Life: Outsmart Your Body to Shrink Fat Cells and Lose Weight for Good
  • Diet Cookbook: Healthy Desserts-Naturally Up to 160 calories. Healthy European Desserts with natural ingredients and no artificial sweeteners (Low Fat Recipes, Low Calorie Cookbook Collection)
  • The Alkaline Cure: Lose Weight, Gain Energy, Feel Young and Stay Healthy for the Rest of Your Life
  • River of Nightmares (Rogue Angel #47)
  • A Love Discovered