Start by marking “The Diabetes Breakthrough: A Scientifically Proven Program to Lose Weight, Cut Medications and Reverse Diabetes” as Want to Read:

Why WAIT?

In this groundbreaking book, diabetes and weight management expert Osama Hamdy, M.D., Ph.D., reveals how you can reverse the course of your type 2 diabetes, lose weight for good and finally reclaim your health - in just 12 weeks!

Dr. Hamdy is at the forefront of cutting-edge clinical research conducted at Joslin Diabetes Center, an affiliate of Harvard Medical Scho
Published February 25th 2014 by Harlequin (first published November 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Diabetes Breakthrough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Diabetes Breakthrough

Shannon L. Gonzalez
Mar 13, 2014 Shannon L. Gonzalez rated it it was amazing
The Diabetes Breakthrough
Osama Hamdy, Sheri Colberg

If You or a Family Member Has Diabetes, They Must Read This Book!

At an affiliate of Harvard Medical School the Joslin Diabetes Center has been conducting research on this ground breaking plan with astonishing results. This book chronicles a step-by-step process that the center uses daily for its patients.

The plan is for 12 weeks—that’s only 3 months to a renewed
Beth Nieman
Apr 05, 2014 Beth Nieman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The premise of the book is that losing weight and exercising will help control diabetes (Type 1 or Type 2) and pre-diabetes. The 12-week plan (which can be extended as long as needed) for addressing the difficulty of losing weight is first handled with controlled eating of pre-portioned commercial foods, such as certain brands of meal replacement shakes and two frozen dinners (again, certain types which do not exceed 300 calories per meal). Dieters can add in snacks through the day. The recommen ...more
Acquafortis
Mar 30, 2014 Acquafortis rated it liked it
I was very interested in reading this book since I have been living with my genetical diabetes for quite some time now.
Sincerely speaking I thought there was more to this book than what I felt was stating the obvious. But I kept on reading...
And yes for me it states the obvious or at least most parts although rereading them can help refreshing parts that I might tend to forget willingly or not (such as portion weighing).
Now I do not want to sound arrogant in my knowledge (but being a health pra
Tony Parsons
Apr 29, 2014 Tony Parsons rated it it was amazing
I’m not in this stage yet but close. Since I have a heart condition it limits something’s. My new Dr. was not happy with my weight gain; neither was I. I am a former athlete not pro so I know my body in/out. Diet is at the top of my list, exercise well it could/will improve. As do 2 of my 3 kids, now young adults know their bodies in/out. & it’s a joy when I can watch my 2 granddaughters participate in sports.

1st/foremost ask your Primary Care Provider (PCP) Dr.) for a full physical. This i
Deb
Apr 07, 2014 Deb rated it really liked it
Nice step by step plan. Would read a week at at time if some one really wants to change their life and habits.

I read this weekend! Interesting book. Good information. I rated it four stars instead of five because lot of the information is common sense.

Do like the work ears in the book. To list our own objectives.
Anne
Apr 09, 2014 Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so hoping to win the Diabetes Break-Through book form Goodreads,as I have a close friend with diabetes.Reading this step by step book helped me understand her Type 2 Diabetes better so i can give her the support she needs.The explanations were clear and concise.It was a lot of info in one place,and it was all easy to digest and follow.
Sandy
I'm a sucker for "breakthrough" - and I hoped for something new or different. Instead, there's nothing here that's any different from any of a million other books - lose weight, count calories, do lots of exercise. If you're brand new to diabetes and don't exercise and don't see any reason to exercise, it might be useful.

Overall, I'm glad I checked this out of the library!
Amy
May 04, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Goodreads for this book.
This book gives you a 12 week plan in helping you with diabetes. It explains the various medications that are used, different exercises and recipes to help you manage.
By following this book you should lose weight and lower your medicine dosages or be able to get off some.
Christa
Jun 21, 2014 Christa rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-arc
I found this book to be very helpful and easy to understand. It gives clear, easy to follow steps that will help to control blood sugar and diabetes. Much of it is information that I have seen before, but the author lays it out into a plan that can easily become a lifestyle of making choices and acting in a manner to lessen the impact of diabetes and greatly reduce blood sugar.
Marilyn Stanley
Apr 19, 2014 Marilyn Stanley rated it really liked it
I received this book free through Goodreads First Read.

This book is basically an ABC of common sense. We all know - or we all should know - that being careful to count calories and daily exercise will result in weight lose which will help control diabetes.

This book would be good for someone who has trouble following a diabetes diet plan because it is a step by step approach.
John
Apr 05, 2014 John rated it really liked it
Not a bad book. Some basic stuff that is backed up to show that you can control your diabetes. Gave it to my mom who also enjoyed reading it as she was diagnosed with type 2 years ago.
Tracy
Sep 30, 2016 Tracy rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-help
DNF. Snoring so boring.
Richard Bohn
Richard Bohn rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2014
Kevin Meredith
Kevin Meredith rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2014
Felicia
Felicia rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2017
Heather Lakes
Heather Lakes rated it really liked it
May 27, 2015
Stephanie Shipley
Stephanie Shipley rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Teresa Desherlia
Teresa Desherlia rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2015
Amber Marlow
Amber Marlow rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2015
wendie dalberg
wendie dalberg rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2017
Remy
Remy rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
Lb
Lb rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2014
Elizabeth B. Kibler
Elizabeth B. Kibler rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2015
Bruce Gumbert
Bruce Gumbert rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Marcy Fisher
Marcy Fisher rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2017
Billie jo smith
Billie jo smith rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2014
Kevin
Kevin rated it it was ok
Mar 31, 2015
JoAnn Richardson
JoAnn Richardson rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2014
Roy Huff
Roy Huff rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2014
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
May 26, 2014
  • Lasagna Gardening for Small Spaces: A Layering System for Big Results in Small Gardens and Containers
  • Heirloom Machine Quilting: A Comprehensive Guide to Hand-Quilting Effects Using Your Sewing Machine
  • Skinny-Size It: 101 Recipes That Will Fill You Up and Slim You Down
  • Eat Like a Woman: A 3-Week, 3-Step Program to Finally Drop the Pounds and Feel Better Than Ever
  • The Book of Ayurveda
  • A Peterson Field Guide to Rocks and Minerals
  • The Victory Garden Cookbook
  • Complete Yoga Book
  • The 10-Day Skin Brushing Detox: The Easy, Natural Plan to Look Great, Feel Amazing, & Eliminate Cellulite
  • Ayurvedic Cooking for Self Healing
  • Holding the Vision: An Experiential Guide
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Feng Shui
  • Herbs and Things: A Compendium of Practical and Exotic Lore
  • The Don't Sweat the Small Stuff Workbook: Exercises, Questions, and Self-Tests to Help You Keep the Little Things From Taking Over Your Life
  • Moregasm: Babeland's Guide to Mind-Blowing Sex (Avery)
  • The Gluten-Free Gourmet Bakes Bread: More Than 200 Wheat-Free Recipes
  • Essential Teachings His Holiness the Dalai Lama
  • How Winning Works: 8 Essential Leadership Lessons from the Toughest Teams on Earth