Start by marking “Sweet Debbie's Organic Treats: Allergy-Free and Vegan Recipes from the Famous Los Angeles Bakery” as Want to Read:

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Baked Goods That Actually Make You Feel Good?

Are you saying "no" to dessert because of food allergies or health concerns? Or saying "no" when your kid asks for a cupcake at a birthday party? If so, Sweet Debbie has a Chocoholic Cupcake for you.

With her own son allergic to "every food in the USDA pyramid," Debbie Adler took matters into her own kitchen. Today, her wildly p...more
Published October 29th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Debbie's Organic Treats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Debbie's Organic Treats

Victoria Brinius
I loved that the author included an intro on what you need in your pantry to start cooking these recipes. I like that all of these recipes are allergy free, so kids can take them to school without getting other kids allergic. The pictures look so good that I wanted to make cupcakes and cookies right away. I was a vegetarian for 15 years and I would have loved to go vegan, but I did not know where to start. I wish that they had more books like this back then. I can not wait to try the dark chocol...more
Janet
I am not a fan of using artificial sweeteners, and no matter how much you tell me that stevia and erythritol powders are natural, I don't think they taste that way. Because each and every recipe calls for one of these (a few use coconut nectar), I highly doubt I will make any of them, even though everything sounds great. The book is full of beautiful photographs, but I have to admit, some of these treats look a little funky and dry. There are too many other options for baking gluten free that ar...more
Kimberly
NOT for the tight-budgeted, recently dairy-free, suburban, new baker. I would splurge and buy something from this bakery if in L.A., but I would never make anything from this book. Too many hard-to-find expensive ingredients and way too many ways to mess up. There are much better vegan baking books out there.
Not likely that I'll ever spend the kind of money necessary to get all of these special ingredients.
Annie Chanse
I won this book through First Reads Giveaways, and I haven't yet cooked anything from it (since I just received it in the mail today), but I did read through it cover to cover, and the recipes sound (and look) absolutely mouth-watering. For the most part, it is a dessert cookbook, of course, but there is also a bread section at the back that I simply cannot WAIT to try. When I cook my first batch of Caramel Glazed Fakin' Bacon Brownies (which is going to be my first undertaking), I will update m...more
Christopher
I really enjoyed this book! Thank you Debbie Adler for listing book on First Reads!
MY REVIEW; These recipes are a good alternative if you have family or friends that have problems with certain stuff. Well here is the book for you! Debbie Adler listed certain alternatives for foods to make them allergy free & vegan so everyone can enjoy!
I cannot wait to cook these recipes to see how they taste!
really liked the color scheme, the covers,introduction & much more!
Once again , thank you De...more
Tammy Hastings
I won this book through First Reads Giveaways.

The recipes in this book look absolutely scrumptious. I can't wait to make them. My daughter and I plan on cooking up a storm. Sweet, yummy, gluten-free goodness.

Not only are the recipes great, the book itself is beautiful. It is the perfect mix of functional (great recipes) and fashionable (gorgeous cover, great color scheme, etc.). It would make the perfect gift for any chefs in your family or friends.
SueAnn
I won this book through the Goodreads.com Giveaways. This book has beautiful full color photographs, an ingredient glossary in front of the book, techniques, resources, and an alphabetic index. And the author lists the number of calories with her recipes! How often have we wanted to know the calorie count but it's not included? Looking forward to these healthy desserts.
Cindy
95% of these recipes in this book made me want to stop reading and start baking. Every recipe includes a photo, description, and nutritional information! The ingredients are all ones you can find at a local grocery store and her sweeteners are natural. The food in this book are all treats, but we all need a nice treat every once and a while.
Tarran
Really loved this book! I really liked all the alternatives in here. I've been trying to cook healthier for my family but we still have a sweet tooth and I've been looking for things I can make that work with my youngest food allergy. This book is really helpful and the recicipes are wonderful!
Suzanne
*I was given this book in exchange for an honest review*

I really like all the recipes in this book. They're simple recipes using ingredients that you could find at the local supermarket, so you don't have to worry about having difficulty finding an ingredient.
Debbie Carey
At my work we are setting a few evenings aside for team baking. Many of us are looking for new recipes that are gluten free. Thank you to Debbie for offering these very interesting choices. We hope to gather all of the ingredients as there are a few new ones.
Denise Dimare
This has the best and easy to follow recipes in it. My son and his family loved everything I've made so far. The pictures are yummy also
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Hana Bakes
Hana Bakes marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Dena Rebozo
Dena Rebozo marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Chantel
Chantel marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Hannah Six
Hannah Six marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
  • Nut Butter Universe
  • A Sweet Taste of History: More than 100 Elegant Dessert Recipes from America�s Earliest Days
  • World Class Cakes: 250 Classic Recipes from Boston Cream Pie to Madeleines and Muffins
  • Baked Doughnuts For Everyone: From Sweet to Savory to Everything in Between, 101 Delicious Recipes, All Gluten-Free
  • 132+ Delicious Salads, Dressings and Dips (Gabrielle's FUSS-FREE Healthy Veg Recipes)
  • Williams-Sonoma Healthy in a Hurry: Harness the power of superfoods for delicious, wholesome meals every day of the week
  • Paleo Sweets and Treats: Seasonally Inspired Desserts that Let You Have Your Cake and Your Paleo Lifestyle, Too
  • Too Cute Kittens: Animal Planet's Most Impossibly Adorable Kittens
  • Williams-Sonoma the New Slow Cooker: Comfort Classics Reinvented
  • The Flavorful Kitchen Cookbook: 101 Amazing Ingredient Flavor Combinations (Reprint of The Cook's Book of Intense Flavors)
  • Melt: The Art of Macaroni and Cheese
  • Waffles: Fun Recipes for Every Meal
  • Soup of the Day (Williams-Sonoma): 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year
  • Trophy Cupcakes and Parties!: Deliciously Fun Party Ideas and Recipes from Seattle's Prize-Winning Cupcake Bakery
  • The Essential Cake Boss: Recipes & Techniques You Absolutely Have to Know to Bake Like the Boss
  • Keepers: Two Home Cooks Share Their Tried-and-True Weeknight Recipes and the Secrets to Happiness in the Kitchen
  • Vegan Slow Cooking for Two or Just for You: More than 100 Delicious One-Pot Meals for Your 1.5-Quart/Litre Slow Cooker
  • InstaCraft: Fun and Simple Projects for Adorable Gifts, Decor, and More