Start by marking “Reflections for Ragamuffins: Daily Devotions from the Writings of Brennan Manning” as Want to Read:

Brennan Manning shares his joyful message in a powerful new way with his first-ever collection of daily devotions. For every day of the year the beloved author of Ragamuffin Gospel and The Boy Who Cried Abba offers a verse of scripture, and each day's mediation is completed with a complementary reading from his own writings. Whether your life has already changed by Brennan ...more
Published October 7th 1998 by HarperOne

To ask other readers questions about Reflections for Ragamuffins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reflections for Ragamuffins

Jeff
Jan 01, 2015 Jeff rated it it was amazing
Reflections for Ragamuffins is definitely one of those devotional books that I will keep. It will have a place on the shelf right next to My Utmost For His Highest, one that I return to ever four or five years.

Brennan Manning was a broken person. And he knew it. That's what made his writings on grace so poignant and effective. Day after day, I was amazed at the fresh insight this devotional book brought to my life. My favorite thing, though, about this book, is that the entire month of December
Mark
Jul 15, 2016 Mark rated it it was amazing
Although some of the devotionals in this book are really short, they pack a punch. Manning had a lot of good things to say in his life, and he put many of them in this book. I read it through in 2014 and was inspired and encouraged many days, and often convicted by what I read. I highly recommend it.
Wendy
Sep 07, 2012 Wendy rated it it was amazing

A pithy meditation that hits my soul. A great gift for a friend and one worth passing on. I'm sure it will come back around another year if you share your year-long daily devotionals with friends~
Katie
Oct 26, 2008 Katie rated it it was amazing
I use this devotional over and over again through out my days and it always speaks to me of God's infinite love for ragamuffins such as myself.
Andy Vaughn
Dec 16, 2014 Andy Vaughn rated it it was amazing
This is one of my all time favorite books. Beautifully written and points that revolutionized my understanding of God and myself. A Must READ!
Bryan Lowe
May 16, 2012 Bryan Lowe rated it it was amazing
One of the best devotionals I have ever used. Each day I can't wait to read (sometimes I will read tomorrows, its that good.
writer...
Continuing into 2014 with this daily reading of excellent reflections on various short segments collected from Brennan Manning's writings. Great index closes out the book for further references.
Kathie
Oct 31, 2008 Kathie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liann gave this to me several years ago. Whenever I pick it up again, I am amazed at how honest and pithy Manning is. Great for a gal who is short on her ability to be both meaningful AND brief.
sarah
May 10, 2007 sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
this is a devotional book-a page a day...was recommended to me by my friend mike hong. each lesson was short yet profound...not to be taken lightly. loved this book. i still read it.
Gary Johnson
Gary Johnson rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2013
Jean
Jean rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2008
Ron
Ron rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Meg Carl
Meg Carl rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2011
Daniela Jauk
Daniela Jauk rated it it was ok
Feb 18, 2015
Mike Savage
Mike Savage rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2013
Dan
Dan rated it it was ok
Feb 24, 2013
Tracy Brown
Tracy Brown rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2011
megan
megan rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2007
Thirsty
Thirsty rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2010
Susan Hook
Susan Hook rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2015
Angela Craig
Angela Craig rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2016
Jon Mills
Jon Mills rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2012
Bob Evans
Bob Evans rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2013
Don Davis
Don Davis rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2016
Jackie Volbrecht
Jackie Volbrecht rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2016
Vicki Portis
Vicki Portis rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2015
Ketrose
Ketrose rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2015
  • Letters to Marc About Jesus: Living a Spiritual Life in a Material World
  • Invitation to Love: The Way of Christian Contemplation
  • On the Anvil
  • Surrender to Love: Discovering the Heart of Christian Spirituality
  • Renovation of the Heart in Daily Practice: Experiments in Spiritual Transformation
  • Weeds Among the Wheat
  • The Devil Reads Derrida - and Other Essays on the University, the Church, Politics, and the Arts
  • Love and Saint Augustine
Richard Francis Xavier Manning, known as Brennan Manning (April 27, 1934 – April 12, 2013)was an American author, friar, priest, contemplative and speaker.Born and raised in Depression-era New York City, Manning finished high school, enlisted in the US Marine Corps, and fought in the Korean War. After returning to the United States, he enrolled at Saint Francis University in Loretto, Pennsylvania. ...more
More about Brennan Manning...