Start by marking “The King and the Three Thieves” as Want to Read:
The King and the Three Thieves

The King and the Three Thieves

One evening as King Abbas tries to eat his dinner, his fish begins to hop around his dish -- a sign that there are hungry people in the kingdom. And so disguised as a beggar, King Abbas slips out of his palace and shares his dinner with three poor ordinary men -- or so they seem. But, in fact, each has a magical power and a dangerous plan to use it. The king appears to get ...more
Published October 23rd 2000 by Viking Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about The King and the Three Thieves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The King and the Three Thieves

Elizabeth
This was such a charming book! After reading it the first time I wanted to share it with my daughter. She was also really taken with it. The story is fairly recognizable: the king dresses as a commoner to go out into his kingdom where he learns a valuable lesson. There is humor in this one as well as a lesson and King Abbas doesn’t immediately do the right thing. He needs prompting from his vizier and the the thieves and time to reflect.

The illustrations are delightfully digital. Their angular a
Sep 21, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it
This is a really fun book based on a Persian tale. We love the illustrations and the text was easy and entertaining to read. It's a great story that complimented our studies of Ancient Persia well.
Betsey
Sep 15, 2014 Betsey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
So great! A nice story with a good moral. Absolutely stunning illustrations. Recommended!
John Terreri
Oct 28, 2013 John Terreri rated it really liked it
This reminded me of something out of 'The Arabian Nights Entertainments.' The moral of the story is 'power can be used for something good or evil.' My son really enjoyed this at story time.
Christen Lancaster
Dec 03, 2013 Christen Lancaster rated it it was amazing
A perfect folk tale! It is not commonly heard, to the students will not already know what is going to happen.
Nancy
Giuliana: I really liked this book.

joe; good story about power and how to use it
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Marianne
Marianne rated it it was ok
May 22, 2016
Nopie
Nopie rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2016
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Beverly
Beverly rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2014
Ajohns
Ajohns marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Maria Estefania
Maria Estefania marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Sonia
Sonia added it
Feb 28, 2013
Nolen Library
Nolen Library marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2013
Eliza
Eliza rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2012
Kristi
Kristi rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2012
Alexis
Alexis rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2012
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2011
yasekabood
yasekabood rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2007
Miranda
Miranda rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2007