Start by marking “Double Vision: Code Name 711 (Double Vision, #2)” as Want to Read:
Double Vision: Code Name 711  (Double Vision, #2)

Double Vision: Code Name 711 (Double Vision #2)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Washington, DC. Where spies are everywhere.

Lincoln Baker is just a regular kid. Okay, so he had this one undercover mission in Paris and, sure, he might have saved the world, but that's ancient history. He's done being a junior secret agent for Pandora.

The trouble is, Pandora isn't done with him. They've received a threat on the president's life from an agent named Dagger.
Published October 15th 2013 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Double Vision, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Vision

Danielle Katz
Thank you F.T. Bradley for the free copy of your 2nd Double Vision book. It was a great story. I enjoyed this jr. spy novel with double secret agents and Dangerous Double historical artifacts. My 3rd grader loved it too, but I have a feeling it's for older kids. This story is non stop and great for those who love a spy mystery for kids. One thing I would have enjoyed would be an appendix to the story. It's a fictitious story for entertainment purposes, but I wonder if the historical quotes were ...more
Fallon
This book was very well written and it has a great story line. This book is full of adventure and action. I really enjoyed this book because it was full of mystery. F.T. Bradley has a very creative mind and is a great writer.
Anna
Feb 19, 2015 Anna rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
I gave this book to my nephew and he loved it! He was glued to the book constantly until he was done book one and book two!
ACS Book-finder
Once again Mr. Bradley has written a fantastic spy mystery! Although the target age for this book is 8-12 years of age, I am “older” and it is an absolutely fun book to read. This book is the second in a trilogy and while you don’t have to have read the first book (“Double Vision”), it would be helpful in recognizing the main characters in this second book.

I was pleased to see that the setting for “Code Name 711” was Washington, DC – a city that really is full of mystery itself. The author has
Stephanie
Lincoln Baker is back to being a regular kid when he gets the call from Pandora that his assistance is needed again. Looking like a junior detective can come in handy when people want to keep a secret. Unfortunately, Linc looks like his nemesis, Benjamin Green, and both recently finished working on an undercover mission in Paris. It seems they are both needed again because there has been a threat on the President of United States and her family. Someone named Dagger has sent a message that they ...more
Kim
Linc Baker is back in action with the super secret Pandora division. This time the mission is to save the President and her daughter from assassination. He's being forced to work with his look-alike again, Ben Green.

It's another rollicking, high-action adventure. This time in the city of Washington D.C. Linc and his friends follow clues and break codes in order to uncover the assassin's identity before he can strike.

What makes this book and its predecessor so engaging is Linc and his sense of h
Maggie
A fun, fast-paced spy novel for kids with a Washington, D.C. setting that middle school fans of the genre will enjoy. While it's not particularly thought-provoking or gorgeously written, there's much to appreciate here. The main character comes across as a genuine (if somewhat two-dimensional) kid, rather than an adult in a kid's body. And while the main character is male, there's a clear effort to include female characters in roles of authority (such as the president of the United States and va ...more
Eli
This is a great follow up to the first book in this series, and I absolutely loved the continuation of great action scenes and the way that this book isn't boring for a moment. Whenever it edges towards slowing down, there's bits of humor to highlight the story and entertain readers. CODE NAME 711 is a great spy mystery and while I was disappointed that this is coming more and more towards magical realism, the mystery and crime details here aren't overlooked.

If you're looking for a more drawn o
Ms. Yingling
After his exploits in Double Vision, Linc is content to hang out with his friends and play video games, but Agent Stark from Pandora interrupts his idyll with the news that he is needed as an agent because Ben Green, the actual agent to whom he bears a striking resemblance, is busy. He is whisked off to Washington, D.C., telling his parents he is to be part of the Junior Presidents Club. Once he gets there, he finds out that the president and her family have all been threatened, and that there i ...more
Heather
This is the second book in the Double Vision Trilogy, called Code Name 711. At the end of the first book Double Vision, Linc is coming home from a friend's house after having played a video game and he sees a familiar dark SUV parked at the end of his street. Code Name 711 picks up there. Linc is going in as a double for Ben Green again. Two secret agents are better than one and kids can go places adults can't. Plus it will confuse people to see Ben/Linc in two different places. So Linc, ever th ...more
Debbie
Lincoln Baker is back for the second installment in F.T. Bradley's Double Vision series. During a "perfect" Sunday of video games with friends, feeling pretty good about his schoolwork and waiting for his mother to put spaghetti and meatballs on the table, super secret agency Pandora approaches Lind with a new problem. There's another "Dangerous Double" posing a threat to the life of the President of the United States and her family. (Yep, the Commander in Chief is a woman!)

Linc convinces his fa
Erik This Kid Reviews Books
Linc Baker didn’t want to be a spy, he wanted to be just a regular kid. When he was recruited by a top-secret agency, Pandora, he was kind of annoyed. Luckily, he completed the mission, saved the world, blah blah blah, and he was called out of action. Well, he was out of action until now. When a secret agent steps out of a black car and asks for Linc, he knows Pandora is looking for him to go on another mission. To make matters worse, Linc is on the same case as agent Benjamin Green, an agent th ...more
Bish Denham
This is a great spy/mystery romp through Washington DC with a twelve-year-old hero. In just a few days there is to be a costume ball at the White House and someone has threatened to blow up the President, her daughter and the White house. Linc and First Daughter Amy, dash madly about in an effort to keep the disaster from happening. And they must also find and protect George Washington's famous blue coat, the one that kept him safe from harm during the American Revolution.

I liked catching glimp
Maureen Tully
This second book in the series is just as entertaining as the first. I get a kick out of Linc and Henry and how they get in and out of one sticky situation after another. The plot is perfectly paced for the middle school reader with just the right amount of action and plot twists to keep them fully engaged. This is a great series to recommend to all middle school students, but especially reluctant readers. This could be the book that finally pulls them in!
Akoss
The second adventure takes Linc to Washington DC to solve a threat against the president of the United states and her family.

This time the secret service came to Linc because they could. I guess after the success of his first mission he was basically hired.

Linc was sent to find a powerful and dangerous artifact linked to George Washington. Said artifact if not found and secured could be used to cause harm to the President of the United States and her family. Yes. A woman president. How cool is
Jeannie
Linc Baker is not always conventional but a resourceful junior spy. On this adventure he must save the President's family. F. T. Bradley keeps you on your toes as many things are not what they seem.
Caroline
The second book in the Double Vision series is definitely winner. Tight writing and chock full of action make this story a "must read" for tweens. Oddly enough, the reader just might learn some American history (that is fascinating for any age reader) along the way. As a winner of this book from good reads (and darn glad of it), I highly recommend this book. My only regret is that I did not read the first book in the series prior to reading this one as the author refers back to events in Double ...more
Lance Wright
This is one of those rare sequels that is better than the already very good original. It isn't necessary to have read the previous (and first) book in this series to enjoy this one, but for those readers who have they will encounter a more confident and self-assured junior agent in nonstop action while learning a little something about the history of the US.
Mark Pryor
According to my son, the expert, this books is EVEN better than the first (review of that one is here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...).

Which, if true,... wow.
Karen Bessin
(I received a free copy of this book as a "first read" from Goodreads.)

I highly enjoyed Double Vision: Code Name 711. F. T. Bradley does a nice job combining humor, action, and unexpected plot twists to create an entertaining middle grade spy novel. The main character, Linc Baker, is one who I can see having a lot of appeal for reluctant readers as well as for kids who always have a book in their hands. I already have several ideas of kids to recommend this book to!
Jamie
It was really really good! : )
Robert Keck
How fun is this children's story? Start with a charismatic and highly likable protagonist (Lincoln Baker), build from the wildly popular prequel, add a great story and allow the young reader's imagination to soar.

Pandora needs Linc's help to protect POTUS (a woman - yea!). Can Lincoln save the President and her family? You know the answer but you don't know how this story unfolds.

Enjoy this one.
Nanci Booher
I'm completely in love with this series. I will be ordering it for school and then I'll be able to read the newest one, as my public library doesn't own this series...what a shame. Linc is once again recruited to be a spy. He is reunited with his friend Henry, meets the President's daughter and is on the hunt for another dangerous double.
Clare
I won this book in a give away. While I am much older than middle grade I've read a lot of MG books as an aspiring middle grade writer! This spy novel reminded me a little of the spy kids movie - It's a fun easy read with like able characters. I would recommend for MG readers.
Chris
Action packed kid spy novel. Even though it is the second book in the series it can be read independently. Despite some hard to believe events, this will definitely appeal to Alex Rider fans.
Christian
A great quick read. Young readers will definitely enjoy this great adventure! Double Vision: Code Name 711 was wonderfully written and full of enjoyable characters.
Colette
A fun adventure with great D.C. locations. The book can stand-alone, but readers who enjoy it should check out the rest of the series.
M.
Good story with lots of action but you need to read the previous book first. The first book in the series must set up the story. I found myself confused at times. There are also logic lapses but most 4th graders aren't going to notice that.

The story--Linc has been pulled into another mystery, this one in Washington, DC. There's a plot to kill the president and her family and there's a plot to steal a coat worn by George Washington, a coat which makes the wearer impervious to harm. Can Linc and h
Kathy Church
This is was good book. I enjoyed following Linc and his pals in this follow up to Double Vision.
  • My School is a Spy Factory (Spy Factory, #1)
  • Spy Camp
  • The Mummy's Curse (Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #13)
  • New Lands (The Chronicles of Egg, #2)
  • Smells Like Pirates
  • Doctor Who: The Drosten's Curse
  • The Lost Treasure of Tuckernuck
  • Darien's Rise (Adventures In Odyssey: Passages, #1)
  • The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit (Randi Rhodes, Ninja Detective, #1)
  • Finding Serendipity
  • Corby Flood (Far-Flung Adventures, #2)
  • Money Run (Ashley Arthur, #1)
  • Dawn Undercover
  • Catch Your Death (Ruby Redfort, #3)
  • Who Are You?
  • The School for the Insanely Gifted
  • Hide and Seek (Capture the Flag, #2)
F.T. (Fleur) Bradley is the author of the Double Vision trilogy (Harper Children’s), a series of fun spy mysteries for middle-grade readers that School Library Journal calls "a must-read for mystery fans, including reluctant readers." She lives in Colorado Springs with her husband, two daughters and entirely too many cats.

For more information on F.T. and her books, visit www.ftbradley.com or foll
More about F.T. Bradley...

Double Vision (3 books)
  • Double Vision (Double Vision, #1)
  • Double Vision: The Alias Men