Start by marking “Everyday Thai Cooking: Quick and Easy Family Style Recipes [Thai Cookbook, 100 Recipes]” as Want to Read:

In Everyday Thai Cooking, Katie Chin—a chef hailed as the 'Asian Rachel Ray' by her many fans—shares her recipe secrets along with tips, tools, and techniques that enable you to easily bring delectable homemade Thai dishes to your table!

As the daughter of award-winning restaurateur Leeann Chin, Katie's heritage has been deeply rooted in the cultivation of fine Thai cuisine
Published August 6th 2013 by Tuttle Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Everyday Thai Cooking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everyday Thai Cooking

Anne B
Dec 29, 2013 Anne B rated it really liked it
One of my favorite dishes is Pad Thai. I have tried to make it at home before, but the smell of the fish sauce just overwhelms me. In our new home, we actually have a vent fan that vents out to the roof (not one that just spits the steam back into the room). So, I thought I'd try again with the help of a new cookbook.

Enter Everyday Thai Cooking by Katie Chin. This is a fun cookbook to look through and it has many of the standards you'll find on the menu of most Thai restaurants. There are many i
Sandra Lassiter
Jan 28, 2014 Sandra Lassiter rated it really liked it
This is a gorgeous cookbook!! My sister spent some time in Thailand several years ago and fell in love with their cuisine. I'll be honest, I've not had much Thai food, but I've thoroughly enjoyed what I have eaten. I've always felt a little overwhelmed at the thought of cooking Thai food for myself, though. This is a great book for overcoming those fears and diving into a new cuisine! I don't know if I fully agree with the "quick and easy" part of the title as a good many of these seem to be ...more
Davenport Public Library
Jan 14, 2014 Davenport Public Library rated it really liked it
I’m an adventurous eater, but I’m an easily intimidated cook. I grew up making things out of boxes, so I tend to go with what is simple or familiar now that I cook mostly from scratch. I figured out how to make a basic red chicken curry, and that has become my go-to (only) Thai recipe for years, despite Thai being one of my favorite cuisines. That is, until I found Katie Chin’s Everyday Thai Cooking.

Everyday Thai Cooking is smart and accessible, and features easy-to-follow recipes, appetizing ph
Eugenia Hall
Sep 25, 2014 Eugenia Hall rated it it was amazing
This book lives up to its title - its full of quick and easy family style recipes. I've only been able to try a few so far but they've all turned out just lovely. Everything I read made sense and the ingredients weren't too hard to find, depending on your market you may need to order a few via the internet but its well worth it. I'm looking forward to cooking my way through a bunch more of the recipes now that the weather has gotten cooler and its more conducive to heating up the kitchen.
Yvette Barton
Nov 20, 2015 Yvette Barton rated it it was amazing
I originally rated this four stars, but I had to go back and up it to five as each recipe I've tried has scored highly with my family. These recipes are easy, quick and delicious! My 6-year-old daughter requested thirds on the Larb (unprecedented!) and asked me to note that the Coconut Shrimp Soup was "her very favorite soup ever".
Emily
Sep 08, 2014 Emily rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, food
Lots of yummy looking Thai dishes with great instructions on common techniques and ingredient recommendations.
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2013
Nikki
Nikki rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2015
Marcia Sheppard
Marcia Sheppard rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2016
Prettypinktulips
Prettypinktulips rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2014
Frank
Frank rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2014
A
A rated it liked it
May 13, 2014
Jscott
Jscott rated it liked it
May 10, 2014
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2013
Ambili shyam
Sep 21, 2015 Ambili shyam rated it it was amazing
I love it, I ended up buying one from Amazon
Sara Joehnk
Sara Joehnk rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2015
Lynda Cheatham
Lynda Cheatham rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Dorothy Reinhold
Dorothy Reinhold rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2014
Preppy
Preppy rated it really liked it
May 25, 2014
Salena
Salena rated it it was ok
Jan 04, 2014
Deborah Gussman
Deborah Gussman rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2014
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2015
Becca Knievel
Becca Knievel rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2015
Nov 30, 2016
Beka
Aug 13, 2014 Beka rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
Nothing got me excited, but it's a good book.
Deb Harbour
Deb Harbour rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Laqueta
Laqueta rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2015
Donna
Donna rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2016
Katie Chin is a private chef, culinary consultant, co-author of Everyday Chinese Cooking, and author of 300 Best Rice Cooker Recipes. She and her mother, Leanne Chinn, co-hosted the 2003 national PBS cooking series Double Happiness. Katie has made numerous appearances on The Today Show as well as on The Food Network and Fine Living. She recently served as a guest judge on Iron Chef America and app ...more
More about Katie Chin...