Start by marking “Heart of Texas Volume 3: Nell's Cowboy\Lone Star Baby” as Want to Read:
Heart of Texas Volume 3: Nell's Cowboy\Lone Star Baby

Heart of Texas Volume 3: Nell's Cowboy\Lone Star Baby (Heart of Texas #5-6)

4.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,444 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
Welcome to the town of Promise, deep in the heart of Texas!Promise, a ranching community in the Hill Country, has a mysterious past. Yet it's the kind of place that represents the strength of small-town and rural America. Because Promise is built on family and friendship. Hard work and endurance. Laughter and, above all, love.

NELL'S COWBOYNell Bishop, widowed mother of two
Published August 27th 2013 by Harlequin MIRA (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Heart of Texas Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart of Texas Volume 3

Kym McNabney
May 23, 2012 Kym McNabney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nell's Cowboy:

I didn't really like this one. There were not enough encounters with Nell and Travis, though I did like them and liked the idea of the story. The author just spent way too much time on going over what was in the first four books. That might have been good if I hadn't read them, and especially if I hadn't JUST read them. The writing was well done, just the story of the two main characters was so brief, it was hard to get into it.

I did like what she did with the results to the Bitter
Cindi
Mar 06, 2015 Cindi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a actually two stories, both take place in the small town of Promise Texas. It takes us back to a not not so long ago, when neighbors knew all their neighbors an car d d about the people in town. Debbie Macomber always writes about towns I would like to visit and people I would like To know.

Cynthia
Mar 22, 2014 Cynthia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cindys-read
It is so easy to become part of the community in Debbie Macomber's books. The characters are all so likeable and pull you in until you live there too.
Verna Clay
Apr 20, 2014 Verna Clay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable read with a mystery to be solved in "Nell's Cowboy" about Bitter End, a ghost town that mysteriously vacated in the 1800s, and is somehow linked to the town of Promise. I think the revelation of the mystery was done very well. The second book, "Lone Star Baby," was written at a slower pace and if not for the latter part, where the action picked up, I would have given it four stars. There was a wonderful conclusion to the mystery of Bitter End that brought resolution and left no qu ...more
Ann Keller
Nov 12, 2009 Ann Keller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
The hallmark of every great author is his or her ability to draw the reader into the story, to have the reader identify with the characters so well that it almost feels like these events really happened. Debbie Macomber is such a writer.

In Nell’s Cowboy, an author from back East inadvertently lands on Nell Bishop’s doorstep. Although Nell grudgingly provides Travis with a room on her Texas dude ranch, she and her two children get more than they bargained for. The fatherless children are starved
Marianne
Apr 12, 2012 Marianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nell’s Cowboy is the fifth of the Heart of Texas series by Debbie Macomber. Nell Bishop, lives with her mother-in-law, Ruth, and her children Jeremy and Emma on Twin Canyons, the ranch she worked with her husband Jake until he died in a tractor accident. To make ends meet she has decided to turn it into a dude ranch and, during a storm, hers is the only accommodation available to New York writer of children’s novels, Travis Grant. He can easily overlook the very basic facilities, because the fei ...more
BookMaven
Aug 07, 2008 BookMaven rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who needs a feel good pick me up.
Recommended to BookMaven by: Gift
Debbie Macomber can say more in 2 paragraphs than most writers say in 200 pages. She can really advance a story and juggle plotlines. This book is a combination of the two tailend books of a 6 book series. One can read one of these books and get a good idea about what is going to happen in the other books, which whets your appetite for the next book. She visits and engages each character in every book. You really get to know these characters and in lots of different scenarios, some where they ar ...more
Roz Curney-Sherod
May 12, 2016 Roz Curney-Sherod rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was two (2) stories in the series. I enjoyed Nell and Travis's story even though it was a bit unreal! They fell in love way to fast without much of a plot or any real time spent alone. Both characters are very likable and the kids were adorable. I liked that the mother-in-law wanted to see her happy and to move on with her life. The second story number 6, was my favorite about Wade and Amy. The minister deserved to be happy and that town gossip should get put in her place but on second thou ...more
Jan Mcleod
Dec 08, 2014 Jan Mcleod rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are many of the same characters in these 2 stories as in the first 2 volumes, plus a couple of new ones. These are good stories about love, forgiveness, family, and a close-knit community that helps and supports each other-even strangers.
If you have read the first 2 volumes, you need to read vol 3. This one will explain about Bitter End--the how, why, and the real end. It is an amazing tale.
Kshydog
Nell's Cowboy: Glad that we find out what happened at Bitter End and the results of bad brother Richard Weston. Liked the main characters and their interactions with each other. Got an update into the lives of the others in the series.
Lone Star Baby: Gave a fitting good ending to Bitter End. Liked how she combined a compassionate minister to the whole story. Amazed at how quickly the town took to a pregnant single Mom.
Kim Hampton
Dec 18, 2014 Kim Hampton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two stories in one book. Both are part of Debbie Macomber's "Heart of Texas" series. In the first, Nell is a young widow with two kids, trying to make ends meet by opening a dude ranch. Travis is a New Yorker looking for a place to stay while doing research for his next book, but every place in town is booked....except the unopened dude ranch. Will Nell let him stay? What will happen if she does?
In the second book, Pastor Wade is a minister, but he's a man too. When an unmarried, VERY pregnant
Karen S Belinne
Dec 17, 2014 Karen S Belinne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Romance, real love in a neat package

Macomber's stories are gentle, feel good romance. Even though you know in advance exactly what is coming, it is good to read it and confirm your ideas. This book is a real mood lifter. It has love, forgiveness, a wee bit of pain and a good ending, of course.
Danielle Kurtz
Mar 12, 2014 Danielle Kurtz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emotions

all can be found in this book. it takes hold of you.
Debbie Macomber is a GREAT writer. I like Her books they are easy to read out loud to a group of elderly people. there are some typos but I think that adds to her writing, reminding us that it's a story, not the truth.
Katrena
Mar 18, 2014 Katrena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the Promise, TX series from Debbie Macomber and this book was great. Nice wholesome characters who find love and little updates on characters you met in the previous books in the series. One of my favorite series from one of my favorite authors.
Virginia Markhart
This book was exactly what I needed! Something, soft and easy. Perfect. Debbie Macomber tells a wonder story. This book actually had two stories in it, Nells Cowboy and Lone Star Baby. I really enjoy the ongoing stories of community folk.
Marie Buccellato
Jan 20, 2015 Marie Buccellato rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read all 6 books in the Heart of Texas series & honestly dont know which was my favorite. I do know that I enjoyed meeting all the cowboys & their families. I recommend reading this series.
Jeanne
Dec 31, 2013 Jeanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good Macomber read. This one has two stories. Number one "Nell's Cowboy" is about Nell Bishop widowed mother trying to make her ranch into a dude ranch. Her first guest is Travis Grant a writer of children's books. There seems to be a spark there between them.............. The second story is "Lone Star Baby" is about Wade McMillen the minister of the town of Promise, Texas, and newcomer Amy Thornton single pregnant and alone. Wade is drawn to this attractive woman. Are they made for ea ...more
Melanie
I enjoyed the continuation of the Heart of Texas series. Looking forward to reading the rest.
Dyan Nees
Feb 24, 2016 Dyan Nees rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the whole series. I hope she writes more of this series.
Debra McEathron
Jul 18, 2016 Debra McEathron rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this was a great story about Promise and the rebirth of Bitter End Amy and Wade will be great together.
Janet
Feb 15, 2016 Janet rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
All anticipated, all ended well in this trilogy. Easy read and entertaining.
Kris Shearer
Jul 27, 2014 Kris Shearer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Great summer reading, especially if you are familiar with the Texas hill country.
PWRL
Apr 07, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
SM
Michelle Molinari
This is the combination (re-print) of two novels in the Heart of Texas saga (Nell’s Cowboy and Lone Star Baby). I do love all these characters and I love how each book spotlights a different set of characters. These two highlight two different love stories and we find out the secrets of Bitter End! Instead of following just one character through-out the eight books, the readers gets to see everyone’s lives. A great way to keep the series going and keep the readers’ interest peaked.
Niki
Like all of Debbie Macomber's books this is a fast, fun easy romance. I always like how fast they grab your attention and can keep it easily.
Cathy
Jan 25, 2009 Cathy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Debbie Macomber books, but I have to say that this one was way too predictable. Maybe it was because I read the other two and knew what would happen. They are fun easy reads and you don't need to think (which I need every once in awhile). I did like her Blossom Street series the best, but this was good and would recommend it to anyone who just wants to relax and read and have a good ending. I love her characters and love to keep up with them all in each book.
Michelle
Mar 26, 2015 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two good Debbie Macomber romances in this book.
Judy Wise
Aug 10, 2011 Judy Wise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story continues with Nell Bishop and Travis Grant finding their way along with that ghost town suspense thrown in, as well as bringing you up to date on how the rest of the residents in town are doing in Nell's Cowboy.

We following the story of Wade the minister as he finds his ladylove and people we finally find out the answer to the ghost town Lone Star Baby.

I have enjoyed each story and feel I am with old friends. I will be sorry to see the saga end.
Ann Boytim
Oct 21, 2013 Ann Boytim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Third bok in this series - easy reading and ending with matching just about every charaters in the three books - weddings, babies and closure on a ghost town called Bitter End. Ghost down was a deserted run down empty town that had a air of doom about it. Houses left and residents fleed to settle in a new town. Everyone who found the ghost town left in a hurry not a good feeling, going back in history a young man was hanged and the town cursed.
Adetia
Jan 14, 2013 Adetia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The third volume in the set, this book only served to reinforce why it is one of my favorites from Debbie Macomber! I really enjoy the Texas setting, the characters, and the idea of getting to know everyone around town. I like that not everyone in these stories have "perfect" lives and that the issues they face are both modern and realistic.
Madison Mega-Mara...: #54 - Heart of Texas Volume 3 1 1 Mar 26, 2015 10:27AM
  • Flirting with Disaster (The Charleston Trilogy, #2)
  • Austin (McKettricks, #13)
  • One Night with a Goddess (Goddess, #2)
  • The Naughty List
  • Chance Meeting
  • Sweet Rains: Second Nature / Lessons Learned
  • Regency Christmas Proposals
  • A Christmas Bride in Pinecraft
  • Mission: Irresistible
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 950 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...

Heart of Texas (8 books)
  • Lonesome Cowboy (Heart of Texas #1)
  • Texas Two-Step (Heart of Texas #2)
  • Caroline's Child (Heart of Texas #3)
  • Dr. Texas (Heart of Texas #4)
  • Nell's Cowboy (Heart of Texas #5)
  • Lone Star Baby (Heart of Texas #6)
  • Promise, Texas (Heart of Texas #7)
  • Return to Promise (Heart of Texas #8)