Temptation

Temptation

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  179 ratings  ·  21 reviews
# 1 New York Times bestselling author Sherryl Woods reunites a mother and daughter and demonstrates that real love knows no limits

Callie Smith's quest for success far from her Iowa roots has caused a rift with her hardworking family. And with neither her Wall Street career nor her marriage going as planned, she starts to question the choices she's made. ...more
Published August 27th 2013 by Harlequin MIRA (first published November 1st 1996)

Bookfanatic
This book was something I picked up on a lark at the thrift shop. It's not the genre I typically read. I found it very light. It's your typical old school romance novel where it fades to black during intimate scenes. Lots of feisty dialog from the heroine, a Wall Street banker turned actress, to the hero, a wealthy television executive. Of course they're both ridiculously good-looking and sexy. I'm not some elitist who hates romance books. I've read my fair share of romances, both contemporary a...more
Julie Barrett
Temptation by Sherryl Woods
Have read many of the authors later works and know I will enjoy this one as well.
Callie Smith dumped by her husband, her mother is visiting and she's lost her Wall Street job.
Jason Kane, finds her irresistible and plans to make Callie a star. He's director of a soap opera and he wants her full time on his show.
She does not want to go back to the farm to help her mother so her sister sends her mother to her in the city. She feels forced to take the job offer and others...more
Mcfree
Not a bad book. The characters saved the plot.

I liked Terry and Neil in particular.

It is sadly dated. I'm not sure that outing a soap opera star would have ruined their career even in '96. Choosing to reprint this in this day and time is a bit odd as the plot quickly becomes unbelievable.

Add to that, Regina, Callie's mom, runs into her old lover and is completely transformed. Do what? This is New York City. I know people keep their rent controlled apartments, but really?

A big time producer dr...more
Gloria
Actually 3 1/2 our of 5 stars. It is a re-release of a book published in 1996, and that always annoys me. It is a good story, but not as good as her current writing would indicate. Predictable but enjoyable nevertheless.
Denise Jo
A mixture of romance, family, and mystery. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Judy Collins
Not the best of Sherryl Woods books as a little older; however purchased the re-release audio book as the cover was a draw as well as the author. Callie goes for a part on TV soap opera and meets Jason the network president with lots of drama along the way. (not wild about the performer).

Gr8Reader
Would classify this as a mindless, quick, very easy read......good for the beach or when you want to read something that doesn't take much energy on your part......
Phyllis Wright
Talk about a different career choice! From Wall Street to Broadway? WOW! This story was terrific! I have found yet another author to read! YAY!
Julie Alvarez
I loved this book. The intrigue as well as the romance kept my attention. characters were really well developed. Would definitely recommend.
Vickie Means
Sherryl woodsia one of my favorite authors and Temptation is another good read. It is a perfect mix of romance, humor, and mystery.
Ann (Noumena12)
I enjoyed the development of Callie's mother throughout the story as much as I did the rest of the story. A quick, fun read.
Vicki Mohr
Sherryl Woods has a talent for creating characters that are very loveable. I liked her characters and story.
Karen
An OK read. The look into soap opera life was interesting. The male lead was kinda too perfect to be real.
Joann
I'd give this book 3.5 stars.....predictable but good story.
Cherie Reeves
On a romance kick I guess.
Krista
Really enjoyed!
Heidi
Heidi added it
Jul 23, 2014
Kim Hampton
Kim Hampton marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa...more
More about Sherryl Woods...
The Inn at Eagle Point (Chesapeake Shores, #1) Stealing Home (The Sweet Magnolias #1) Harbor Lights (Chesapeake Shores, #3) Beach Lane (Chesapeake Shores #7) Flowers on Main (Chesapeake Shores, #2)