Start by marking “Mother Goose (Little Golden Book)” as Want to Read:
Mother Goose (Little Golden Book)

Mother Goose (Little Golden Book)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  1,029 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Vintage artwork and the classic Disney characters add a world of charm to these perennial Mother Goose nursery rhyme favorites–from “Peter Pumpkin Eater,” “Hey, Diddle, Diddle,” and “Little Miss Muffet” to “Jack Sprat,” “Simple Simon,” “Old King Cole,” and more. This Little Golden Book from the 1940s is a must-have addition to every Little Golden Book collector’s library.
Published September 14th 2004 by Golden/Disney (first published 1949)

To ask other readers questions about Mother Goose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mother Goose

The Poky Little Puppy by Janette Sebring LowreyThe Monster at the End of this Book by Jon StoneThe Little Engine That Could by Watty PiperBeauty and the Beast by Teddy SlaterThe Color Kittens by Margaret Wise Brown
My FAVORITE LITTLE GOLDEN BOOK
16th out of 101 books — 77 voters
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret AtwoodThe Pied Piper of Hamelin by Robert BrowningThe Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. TolkienLove Among the Chickens by P.G. WodehouseLittle Lord Fauntleroy by Frances Hodgson Burnett
The Twelve Days of Christmas
127th out of 132 books — 12 voters

More lists with this book...

Karen
This book is a fun and silly collection of Mother Goose stories illustrated in Disney's style and using many of Disney's famous characters. I'm not always in love with Disney work, but, oddly enough, little six-year-old boys are very fond of fun and silly books that they can read by themselves. I do, however, very much like the illustration for Old King Cole.

Christian Singer
Do rhymes have any purpose? I get that they're easy for children to memorize, but they don't make sense like short stories do.

The illustrations are cute, and choosing Goofy as Simple Simon was a great move.
Kristina
I loved my mother reading this to me as a child. Now, I love to read it to my daughter. This is an all time favorite for me!!
Superreader300
This book has robbers stealing tarts.
Karen
"Walt Disney's Mother Goose" is a poetry book full of nursery rhymes. Geared toward the nursery age they are loved by children and adults alike.

This "Little Golden Book" version of Mother Goose has some favorites like Jack Sprat and Hey Diddle Diddle and some rare rhymes such as Jumping Joan and Cross Patch as well.

This is a five star winner. Simple rhymes help children learn to read and recognize words. The illustrations add characters from Disney movies such as Dumbo and Mickey Mouse. A real c
Alisha
A great childhood book.
Stacy
Such a great addition to one's Little Golden Book and Disney collections!
Beth
This is the first Disney digital book that I have read. Different trivia appeared throughout the story and you will find that you are congratulated when you finish. It is a different experience than reading the tales. Both have their place.
Timalee Guetterman
This book gets 4 stars purely for nostalgia. I requested this book be read to me so many times as a child that I still cannot hear these nursery rhymes without picturing these illustrations in my mind.
Becky B
This is one of the books I almost literally wore out as a little girl. It is amazing the thing lasted through my childhood. I loved the Disney characters illustrations with the nursery rhymes.
Jaime Contreras
The Disney touch softens these Mother goose Nursery Rhymes with new blood. This a nicely done and illustrated small book for young children.
Dottie
Just a Little Golden Book -- and one of the earliest Mother Goose books encountered and therefore I must include it in my Mother Goose favorites.
Dec 23, 2008 Jennifer rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jennifer by: Mom
Shelves: young-reads
This was one of my favorite Little Golden Books as a child. Here was where I was first introduced to nursery rhymes.
Kenneth Flores
One of my favorite books of all time! I like how the pictures are done with Disney characters form the 1930s and 1940s.
Sheena Matylda
a way to my heart is with this book its helped me through the good the bad and wonderful
Jeri Sue
Cute story from my childhood. Reminds me of my grandma.
Sheila Read
I remember the cover but just not the story
Rachel
I liked it. ...more
Gabrielle.Brigley
Gabrielle.Brigley marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Melody
Melody marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Kaylene Sommer
Kaylene Sommer marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
  • Walt Disney's Mickey and the Beanstalk (A Little Golden Book)
  • Mickey Mouse's Picnic
  • Disney's Aladdin: Little Golden Book
  • Mickey's Christmas Carol: Classic Storybook
  • Chicken Little
  • Richard Scarry's Best Mother Goose Ever
  • The Jolly Barnyard
  • The Fire Engine Book
  • Walt Disney's The Sorcerer's Apprentice (A Little Golden Book)
  • Four Little Kittens (Little Little Golden Book)
  • Baby Animals (A Little Golden Book)
  • The Poky Little Puppy's First Christmas
  • My First Counting Book
  • The Animals' Christmas Eve
  • The Bunny Book
  • Three Little Pigs (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
The Three Little Pigs (Disney Classic) Walt Disney's Peter Pan (Disney Peter Pan) Santa's Toy Shop (Little Golden Book) Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland Walt Disney's Pinocchio (A Big Golden Book)