Start by marking “Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 04” as Want to Read:
Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 04

Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 04 (Neon Genesis Evangelion #5)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  940 ratings  ·  9 reviews
With half the human race dead, a handful of teenagers pilot the colossal superentities known as Evangelions and battle the mysterious giant Angels. But even they are not prepared for the appearance of a giant eye in the heavens that heralds the Angels latest and deadliest assault.
Published November 9th 2001 by Viz Media (first published December 17th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 04, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 04

Ryan
So, I've been reading the Evangelion series on and off for awhile now, really unsure of the whole thing. I had heard from several people I know that the series was just amazing, and that it was a really deep work of art. I didn't really see it, though; to me the whole thing seemed like just your average "giant robots vs. monsters" story.

That all changes with this volume. I get, now, why people rave about this series; it's much more than a giant robot series, but instead an examination into the r
Brian
If Alan Moore's Watchmen is a 'classic' of the dark-fantasy comic genre, then NGE is a 'classic' of anime, and one with an incredibly loyal cult following. This, then, is the manga adaptation of one of that original contoversial, yet incredibly successful, anime.

I loved the anime series, although not a fanatical fan, as I thought both endings were EXTREMELY disappointing and actually detracted from the story. After reading this first 'book' I have to admit that I am impressed how well this adapt
Ere K.
Finora forse il volume migliore e che tiene attaccata alle pagine pure una fan incallita che la storia la saprebbe già a memoria.
Shinji affronta il rapporto con il padre e approfondisce il suo rapporto con Rei, il che non può che rendermi felice. Finalmente si lascia spazio a un po' di introspezione per il personaggio di Misato, e si vede qualche sprazzo di futuri approfondimenti per gli altri personaggi (Asuka e anche Ritsuko).
Sébaste
Ahhh--!
I did not expect this series to be this exciting!!
Alx_zero
Sinceramente, creo que la versión manga de la historia mejora al anime. Comienzan a llegar las primeras respuestas y con ellas más preguntas. Personajes como Asuka o Kaji aportan nuevas dinámicas entre el grupo y todo parece funcionar. Supongo que en breve, la situación comenzará a desmoronares. Por último, destacar de nuevo el cambio a mejor del protagonista. Aquí Shinji tiene sus problemas, pero también deja entrever algo de personalidad.
Henry
The plot thickens in this volume. Shinji gets a good glimpse at the secret workings of NERV, and is confronted with his own past. I particularly like seeing him interact with Rei and Ausaka. If you are a fan of the anime, you can't help but miss some scenes. Then again, this approach gets to the meat of things quicker. There are some lighter moments in the series here, which is good. Because things are about to get really dark...
Nativeabuse
Just keeps getting better, I love that it doesn't follow the anime to a T, and goes off doing its own little thing.
Laura Romero
Laura Romero marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Power
Power marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Ninos Alonso
Ninos Alonso marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
John Tabinski
John Tabinski marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
May
May added it
Mar 01, 2015
Sheena Melrose
Sheena Melrose marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Raymond Brooks
Raymond Brooks marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Amy
Amy is currently reading it
Feb 17, 2015
  • Battle Angel Alita, Volume 02: Tears of an Angel
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days Volume 3
  • X/1999, Volume 03: Sonata
  • Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture 7 (Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture, #7)
  • Naoki Urasawa Präsentiert: Monster, Band 18: Das wahre Monster (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #18)
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 04: To Bud
  • Ranma 1/2, Vol. 17
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Shinji Ikari Raising Project Volume 2
Yoshiyuki Sadamoto is a Japanese character designer, mangaka, and one of the founding members of the Gainax anime studio.

Also the character designer for the .hack//Games and the Package designer for the .hack//GU games.
More about Yoshiyuki Sadamoto...

Neon Genesis Evangelion (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 01
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 08
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 09
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 10
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 11
Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 01 Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 02 Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 03 Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 04 Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 06