Start by marking “Quadehar the Sorcerer (Book of the Stars, #1)” as Want to Read:
Quadehar the Sorcerer (Book of the Stars, #1)

Quadehar the Sorcerer (Book of the Stars #1)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  690 ratings  ·  20 reviews
This action-packed fantasy trilogy is being launched this spring in three exciting paperback installments: the first in January 2006, the second in February, and the thrilling conclusion in March!

The first book in this adventure saga introduces us to Robin, a boy who lives on the Lost Isle, a fantastical realm between the Real World and the Uncertain World where evil resid
Published January 1st 2006 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Quadehar the Sorcerer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quadehar the Sorcerer

Mustang
I bought this book in 2002 at a book fair in my school when I was a teenager and this fantasy was so deep that I couldn't let go without finishing it and I almost failed my exams. I quit reading books after school but this book still blows my imagination and even though I'm 24 and pretty much have lost interest in reading books because of internet. It's a very good read if you do not consider it to be just a children's fantasy book. Buying the remaining two now.
Anne
Interesting story about a boy of mystery and magic and his four friends who have adventures in their own world and others. First in a series. A fun read!
Elodie
This is a re-read, I used to love this book when I was a kid.

What I thought when I was 12:
-Woah so many adventures!
-Magic!! Not Harry Potter but still magic woohoo!
-I want to live in Ys!
-Guillemot you dumbass, Ambre is in love with you!
Rating: 5 stars

What I thought this time:
-The writing style is not the best, so many ellipses...
-Hum, is this some sort of a cult? I mean people cannot freely live Ys and if they do, they can't come back...
-Guillemot you dumbass, Ambre is in love with you!
-Too much
Cassandre
Présentation de l'éditeur
Guillemot est un garçon du pays d'Ys, situé à mi-chemin entre le monde réel et le Monde Incertain. Mais d'où lui viennent ses dons pour la sorcellerie que lui enseigne Maître Qadehar ? Et qu'est devenu Le Livre des Etoiles, qui renferme le secret de puissants sortilèges ? Dans sa quête de vérité, Guillemot franchira la Porte qui conduit dans le Monde Incertain, peuplé de monstres et d'étranges tribus... Dans la lignée des grands romans fantastiques, le premier volume de
Viktoria
This is one of my favourite books. It is something like a classic to me, I can't even remember how many times I've already read the whole series. This book, the first in the Book of the Stars series is what got me really into reading.
The plot of this books is really fabulous, you're always kept at the edge wondering whats going to happen and add magic, weird creatures and different worlds into that and you've got a perfect must read!
Qing
Translated from the French by Ros Schwartz.^^^^Your typical seemingly-ordinary-youth-whom-possesses-extraordinary-powers type of fantasy story.^^^^I find that translated books tend to be slightly stilted and some bits are slightly clunky, but am grateful that I am able to read them at all! =) ^^^^The characters are slightly 2-dimensional, but plot and concept are quite decent I thought.
Quang
Quadehar The Sorcerer is a very meaningful fantasy novel. It was probably one of the best fantasy novels I've ever read in my life, because it has a unique plot and the setting is in a separate dimension, not in the human world. Erik wrote this book wonderfully, and I think that the second book to this series will be just as intense and gripping!
Jason Mueller
I'm currently reading this book, and I would recommend It to anyone who loves a great book with adventures and magic.
The only book I know that involves magic is Fable Haven And Harry Potter. I love this book so far. it definitely deserves 5 stars.
Vincent
Un vraiment bon livre! Un vocabulaire assez intérressant. L'histoire est bonne, mais l'aventure est un peu simple car trop de bonnes choses qui arrive aux héros pour aucune raison. Pour les jeunes 12 ans et moins, je recommande fortement!
Bella Melanie Duncan
Je l'ai lu il y a beaucoup de temps, et la seule chose que je me rappelle c'est que j'ai beaucoup aimé l'histoire. Donc, la review devra attendre jusqu'à ce que je le relise.
Stéphanie
Gnian-gnian, simpliste et pénible. Du sous Harry-Potter qui devrait plaire uniquement aux plus jeunes, mais dont la lecture devient rapidement insupportable au delà de 12 ans.
Sayantan Debray
A fantastic book in one word. But, I personally did not quite expect this book to end so soon - I read in 30 minutes. lol XD
Ami
I enjoyed this book. I can't wait to read the next one. I love books like this.
Chris
I've read the whole series a while back. An interesting and pleasant reading.
Chandrapal Khasiya
One of the good books I have ever read !
Rachel
I liked it. Especially the Moving Sands.
Catherine
Enjoyed reading this book, liked the characters.
Marion P.
Un de mes meilleurs livres de jeunesse !!
  • La forêt des captifs (Les Mondes d'Ewilan, #1)
  • La Guerre des Loups (La Moïra, #2)
  • Le livre interdit (Tara Duncan, #2)
  • crépuscule des dieux, Le (Amos Daragon, #3)
  • Lágrimas do Sol e da Lua (A Saga das Pedras Mágicas, #3)
  • The Invitation (The Books of Magic, #1)
  • The Babylon Game (The Seven Fabulous Wonders, #2)
  • Toby and the Secrets of the Tree (Tobie Lolness, #2)
The Mystery of Lord Sha (Book of the Stars, #2) Face of the Shadow (Book of the Stars, #3) La pâle lumière des ténèbres (A comme Association, #1) Phaenomen (Phaenomen, #1) L'étoffe fragile du monde (A comme Association, #3)