Start by marking “Broken and Screwed (BS, #1)” as Want to Read:
Broken and Screwed (BS, #1)

Broken and Screwed (Broken and Screwed #1)

4.14  ·  Rating Details ·  14,078 Ratings  ·  795 Reviews
Alexandra's older brother died the night he graduated. That day changed everything for her. No longer was she the party girl. No longer did she care about being popular and no longer was her family the happy unit she always thought existed. The only person who could help her heal is the same person who loved her brother as much as she did, his best friend. She only hopes t ...more
Published February 7th 2013

Christy
5 Broken Stars!!!

photo ba6b9aca-d531-4fe7-86cd-f8bb912c6c17_zpsbe941a50.jpg

Broken and Screwed. Once I started this book, I inhaled it. Could not put it down. Love books like this. Books about beautifully broken people. Love, grief, depression, and heartbreak. That is B&S in a nutshell.

Alex’s brother has been gone a year. A year since Ethan has died and Alex’s entire life changed. She feels destroyed, shattered. But she’s not the only one. Her parents are absent, and Ethan’s best friend Jesse, well, things are complicated with him.
I had lost my
Anna
Holy shit I loved this book. I was gripped from page one. Alex and her story - oh my word gripped my soul. Jesse - I loved him then cursed him then loved him again. I get it. They need each other. Grieve together. Evolve together. Jesse get your shit together. I am on YOUR TEAM. Figure this out! Give Alex her happily ever after dammit!!!!
And holy effing cliff hangers and now I have to wait til August !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FFFFFFFFF

New cover love ❤❤❤❤

Mariℓina
Apr 26, 2013 Mariℓina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

What was that? I stayed up all night and loved it..

I have no words and i must wait until August to find out the rest.. Seriously August!!

First Chapter of the review.. Spoiler FREE
The story is so good, it pulls you right in until the last moment..
Jesse Hunt is one of the hottest book boyfriends ever and i wasn't irritating at all by Alex..
Her friend Angie was amazing but it was really weird how that changed towards the end..
Her friend Marissa on the other hand:

I seriously hated her from the firs
Elizabeth

Me, after reading this book:
 photo 4afd2650.gif

It seriously took me two days to figure out how to rate this book. Why? Oh boy, well, because there were some elements that were really good. I found the scenes between Alex and Jesse pretty compelling, I wanted to know more of their story, but the author had other plans and that's where things took a nosedive.

Sigh (Hands up) photo STVoyager-Janewayshandsintheairtumblr_lk9l9cezK01qdq5la.gif

Instead of focusing on what made this couple so tragically perfect or wrong for each other, depending on how you see things, we're treated to a smorgasbord of
Kristen
GUILTY PLEASURE READ AND NOTHING MORE!!!

This authors is my ADDICTION. My CRACK! My ESCAPE! My EXCEPTION. I can't get enough of her books.

Her stories–all of them–will ALWAYS be 5 star reads for me because I don't read them like I do other books. They have become my escape, my guilty pleasure, my one exception. They encompass EVERYTHING that would normally drives me bat-shit-crazy, yet they don't. For whatever reason, they are in a class of their own and they work for me BIG TIME. I just hang on
NiCoLeTa E.
Dec 21, 2014 NiCoLeTa E. rated it it was amazing
Oh shit!!!! Jesus Christ... Oh shit!!!
This was... This was so... Oh my Gosh! I can't find the words...

My heart is pounding so hard... I feel a burden in my chest... It's so heavy...

That book was... extaordinary!
It was fantastic even though it ripped my heart in million tiny pieces!!!

Oh my goodness! I don't even now from where i 'll start...
I feel desperate and broken and screwed and...

...so much angry.

It starts with two desperate people that hooked up occasionally...

They try to forget the pain
Lisa Jayne
Feb 13, 2013 Lisa Jayne rated it it was amazing
HEARTBREAKING.

The title of this gorgeous book is a description fit for purpose. 'Broken and screwed' is an angst filled story, about two souls finding their heart, love and way in life amongst all the pain and heartache.

The story had so many sides to it i didn't know whether to be entertained or confused. ~Unrequited love, bereavement, friendships, sex, high school drama, pain, heartache, bad parenting, anger and much, much more.

This is not an easy read by any stretch. The mood of the book start
BlueLilyxLilyBlue
DISCLAIMER: REVIEW POSSIBLY CONTAINS LARGE AMOUNTS OF CURSE WORDS

This book was totally Broken and Screwed! The title definitely got it right.

It's the most disappointing book ever.

If I could describe this book in one word it would have to be deceptive. It will make you think that something was going to happen but then nothing really special happens and you'll wait again and then wait some more and then still... nothing happens! You'll have to buy the second book tor really find out what the hell
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 10, 2013 Jennifer Kyle rated it really liked it
”I had lost my mom when I had lost Ethan. I had lost my father as well. I’d lost the family even. I still had Jesse, in some ways, but nothing was the same. I wasn’t the same.”~ Alex

There were so many things that irked me about this story, like her horrendous parents, the vague details about her brother’s death and her friends’ behavior towards her at the very end. Most importantly, that bizarre ending. Regardless of the crazy turn things took in the end, I inhaled this book and I have to wait
Candace
Ever since the death of her older brother, Alex's perfect world has fallen apart. Her once attentive parents are wholly absent. Nothing holds her interest. She's a shell of the girl she was before.The only person who truly understands her pain is Jesse, her brother's best friend.

The school's star athlete and heartthrob, Jesse hides his pain by losing himself in sports. He pushes himself to the point of pain to block it all out. He's numb. The only time he feels anything is when he's with Alex.
Amanda
Aug 02, 2013 Amanda rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: fans of the author.
1.5/5 stars

I can get through a lot, and I managed to get through this as well, mostly because I hoped the book would redeem itself in the end. I had no such luck.

What happens in the first half of the book is this: People are depressed. Alex our MC is a doormat for Jesse the entire time. Alex's best friends go at each other about how bad friends they are. That's pretty much it, just that the scenes changes slightly, but in all, this about sums it all up. I could have liked this if it had been ex
Vaso
Jan 24, 2015 Vaso rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books
This book was absolutely amzing...
It was a different love story than what I was used to read.
I was emtoional enough through the whole book and I think it broke my heart...
And fyi, I don't think that Alex's parents diserve to be called like that (parents)....
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
Feb 11, 2013 J *deep in the heart of Texas* rated it really liked it
Another great read from Tijan.

I really enjoyed this story...aside from the ending. But I kind of knew it was coming. This is part 1 of 2.

After the death of her brother Ethan, Alex is left drifting through life, just going through the motions. Not really feeling and experiencing life. The only time she feels anything is when she's with Ethan's best friend Jesse. Alex and Jesse have this connection through Ethan that neither one can explain and neither one can deny.

But Jesse's not looking for a
Maria Bikaki
Jan 12, 2015 Maria Bikaki rated it really liked it
My friend Nicoleta insisted so much on me reading this book for so long. But even though she never fails in her recommendations I don’t know for some reason I was avoiding this book all this time until last night that I finally decided that I should give it a try. Even though I started it late and I had to wake up early I soon found myself really hooked up but the book. I was so touched that I couldn’t put it down.
 photo answers.gif
Broken and screwed is a book about grief, love, survival, depression. It is the s
♥ Sarah
Feb 15, 2013 ♥ Sarah rated it really liked it
4 frenzied stars!!!

Damn that cliffhanger ending!!
The title basically sums up the whole story. Alex loses her older brother, and she struggles to cope with his death. Her way of escaping, and sorting through her trauma, is by hooking up with her dead older brothers’ best friend, and man-whore, Jesse. However, as Alex copes with the loss and emptiness through her physical connection with Jesse, she starts wanting more; she wants all of him. She doesn’t want to be his dirty secret, and vice versa
Jess
May 23, 2013 Jess rated it it was amazing
To the readers who read this before book 2 came out… I commend you for being able to get through until book 2 was released…

I already have book 2 and the wait to write this review before I start reading it, is too much!!!
This was me finishing this book…

There’s so much going through my head right now like, confusion, sadness, pain and much more CONFUSTION! If book 2 doesn’t make me feel better what am I going to do!?

Probably this…

I mean Jesse you need to pick your effing act up and if not for Ale
Erica Alyson
Feb 11, 2013 Erica Alyson rated it it was amazing
This book was wonderfully written. It was really hard to put down. Even though Alex is going through a lot I really liked her. Even when she scared her friends and withdrew from people she was still a great main character. I have never been through what she has been through and most the people giving her advice haven't either so her behavior seems accurate.

I really liked her friendship with Angie and Justin. Marissa wasn't a great friend but obviously has her own issues.

I liked Jesse and Eric.
AprilA
Apr 03, 2013 AprilA rated it it was amazing
Shelves: guilty-pleasure, ya, angst
First, thank you Anna for encouraging me to go ahead and open up this series. I'd put it off because I don't like to start a series until all of them are out. The first 2 are out and while I would have wanted to injure someone if #2 wasn't already out and I'd been left in the lurch, I am ok with just reading 1 & 2 for now.

This one netted 4.5 STARS from me. A solid 4.5.

I haven't put my finger on it, but Tijan is my guilty pleasure read. Her stories are often overly dramatic and feature high
Jacqueline's Reads
Mar 28, 2013 Jacqueline's Reads rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books
4 Finding Your Peace Stars

Alex and Jesse share a common pain; they both have someone very close to them die. Alex’s brother who is Jesse’s best friend. Both Alex and Jesse are trying to figure out on how to move on, but it’s difficult when you love someone so much and they aren’t there anymore.

I love these kinds of reads. Sometimes I get into these depressing moods and I really need something to just get me all emotionally worked up and Broken and Screwed (BS) really did do that. BS reminds me
Christine
Aug 29, 2013 Christine rated it it was amazing
Well that was bloody depressing.

I can't find the right words to say but I can tell you that this book really sucks you in, and it sucks you in good.

Alex recently lost her brother. She's fragile and alone. Her parents are selfish jackasses who only care about their own grief that they don't seem to worry about the fact that they have another child who needs as much love and support as they do.

Jesse...? Well I'm still a bit undecided on him at the moment but I really do wanna knee him in the nuts
Diana
Feb 15, 2013 Diana rated it really liked it
The back and forth angst of this kept me turning pages until I had no pages left to turn. However, I was NOT a fan of Jesse in this book. Alex had been through so much, and regardless of his reasons, he was just such an asshole to her, using her for selfish reasons and then throwing her away. And Marissa, what a terrible friend! Ugh.

The mystery surrounding Ethan and some of the other characters has me coming up with all kinds of theories, but the story is not resolved in this book. I started to
Sandra
Sinceramente, no me he molestado en terminarlo. La verdad es que me aburría un montón y no tengo nada de ganas de leer un libro que no me transmite nada.

Para empezar, está la protagonista...

Alex es una chica buena, de verdad, y me ha caído bien, que ha perdido a su hermano Ethan. Hasta ahí todo bien. El problema que tengo con ella es esta extraña obsesión que tiene con Jesse. Es decir, él le dice "ven" y ella deja lo que sea para ir hacia él. El caso es que los dos se acuestan en fechas claves:
Ji
Jul 08, 2014 Ji rated it it was amazing
5 WOW STARS!

Jesse

Alex

I was sucked into Alex's story the moment I started the book! The books starts of a year after Alex loses her brother Ethan. We get flashbacks of Ethan, but things aren't very clear. They are vague. We just know that Alex is in a lot of pain since her brother has passed away. She stopped existing. Jesse was Ethan's best friend. He is as broken as Alex. They constantly hook up to take away their pain! Alex's friends think it will only lead Alex to heartache. Even Alex agrees!
Kara
Mar 01, 2013 Kara rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kara by: Anna
Easy read. Great characters. Lots of mystery.
Ending left my jaw hanging wide open!!!
Banyanya
Oct 19, 2014 Banyanya rated it did not like it
What the hell I just finished reading? And most of the people did rate this book 4-5 stars...?

This is my first review EVER . I'm freaked out because it was the most disturbing book i've ever read and even more freaked out because people loved it.

Did we read the same book? Because i've read some reviews with 4/5 ratings and it seems completely different.

So, there is this guy Jessie who uses his dead best friend's sister Alex for sex every time he wants, because he is so depressed and she is so d
Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* .
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

4 Deeply Broken Stars!
I’ll never get tired of reading this author!

The Review:
I’ve been on a Tijan kick lately, absorbing everything she’s written. Her books are filled with drama, crazy situations and insane characters. And They. Are. Absolute. GOLD! Things that would normally have me turning away from a book, this author turns into magic. She’s just got the right touch and her storytelling is like no other.

Broken and Screwed is no different. I
Reanell Tisdale
5 I'm broken and screwed stars!

I absolutely loved this book. I don't know what it is about the damaged H but man ole man do I love them! Jesse Hunt is no different. This whole book was so emotional my heart was on overdrive the entire time!!! I started reading this late last night and stayed up until 4 a.m. to finish it! I couldn't put it down until I knew what was to become of Jesse and Alex.

The parents. I HATED them with a passion. Vile creatures. I wanted to reach in the book and slap them a
Angela
Feb 07, 2014 Angela rated it it was amazing
Ok so I devoured this thing! Holy hell! Speechless...but 5 incredibly broken and screwed stars!
Alex ... Gah if my heart didn't ache for her while she was numb the whole time. I wish I could have been numb. Damn. What to say...read this book! Read it now!
Jesse...hmm do I love him or hate him?? I know I will love him-but damn if I didn't want to punch him several times. If I didn't want to punch several characters. Ugh! Starting the next book!!
Lia
Mar 01, 2015 Lia rated it really liked it
Broken and screwed such a fitting tittle!
I loved this book, it's anger, grief, need and lust!
I hated the parents! No loss can make a parent so selfish and irresponsible!
Waiting to read what happens next!
Fallen Into Tijan...: January 2017 Group Read: Broken and Screwed (Broken and Screwed #1) 10 29 Jan 24, 2017 07:33AM
Fallen Into Tijan...: Broken and Screwed (BS #1) 2 30 Mar 11, 2016 02:13PM
Addicted to Tijan...: Broken and Screwed (BS #1) 1 15 Nov 18, 2014 12:58PM
Avail on B&N 1 20 Oct 03, 2013 12:17PM
  • Anarchy (Alfonzo, #3)
  • Date Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #3)
  • The Other Fish in the Sea (Grab Your Pole, #2)
  • Very Bad Things (Briarwood Academy, #1)
  • Slow Burn
  • Vol.1 (London Brown, #3.5)
  • Fighting Fate (Granton University, #1)
  • Unforgivable (Untouchable, #2)
  • The Game Changer (The Game Changer, #1)
  • Make Me (Make or Break, #1)
  • Brother's Keeper
  • Lily of the Springs
  • Ruining You (Ruining, #2)
  • Ambrosia (Book Boyfriend, #2)
  • Going Under
  • The Missing Link (Marked, #1)
  • Mogul (Groupie, #3)

Broken and Screwed (2 books)
  • Broken and Screwed 2 (BS, #2)

“Angie laughed before she draped herself over him and fluttered her eyelashes at him. Then she pressed a kiss to his cheek and hugged tight. “Oh, come on. I love you, but Jesse Hunt is gorgeous.”

A small grin escaped his frown. “I have a little bit of a man crush on him. I’m man enough to admit that.”
7 likes
“I won’t lie to you. I don’t know what we are, but we’re not exclusive. I can’t handle that. I’ve slept with two girls since I got to school.” My heart stopped.

“But they were just hook-ups and they didn’t mean anything. It was empty sex; that was it. I don’t want a girlfriend. I can’t do that, and if that’s where you want this to go, we need to stop right now. I can’t lose you in my life and I won’t risk it because of that. Sex is one thing, but sex before our friendship is another thing.”
6 likes