Start by marking “Lost Boy (The Lonely, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lost Boy (The Lonely, #2)

Lost Boy (The Lonely #2)

4.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,209 Ratings  ·  137 Reviews
LOST BOY
This is the companion novel to The Lonely. It is recommended you read that first. This is HIS POV on the events and how they came to be, how he came to be a LOST BOY.

Being the boy who accidentally shot his sister was hard.
Never being able to find the girl who actually pulled the trigger was worse.
Convinced, through years of relentless therapy, that she was a figmen
Published July 25th 2013 (first published July 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Lost Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost Boy

The Edge of Always by J.A. RedmerskiLosing Hope by Colleen HooverEntwined with You by Sylvia DayThe Redemption of Callie & Kayden by Jessica SorensenWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuire
OMFG... CAN'T FREAKIN WAIT!!!
174th out of 478 books — 1,126 voters
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireWait for You by J. LynnThe Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica SorensenNever Too Far by Abbi GlinesLosing It by Cora Carmack
NEW ADULT 2013
379th out of 1,195 books — 3,693 voters

More lists with this book...

Jasmine
5 Amazing Stars!

Lost Boy is a great follow up to the The Lonely- better story in my opinion.
I read The Lonely and although I liked it, I was pretty confused.
A lot of the time I was lost, and felt there was too many things going on at once.
Lost Boyfills in all the gaps, and Eli's questionable motives are much more appriciated and understood.
A dark, heartfelt book story told by Eli. I absolutely loved reading his POV. He is amazing and completely prefect.
A great dark romantic read! If you enj
Lise *friends don't flag*
review to come..
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
3.5

I'm so torn as to how to rate this one. I cannot express how much I was anticipating. Getting Eli's POV. There was so much I wanted to know about what had been happening behind the scenes in The Lonely, and I wanted this tobe my holy grail of explanations. Unfortunately, I didn't feel like I understood all that more after finishing this book.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it. Eli was a character I both loved and hated in the first book, and learned to love even more in this one. I just wanted
Judy
Jul 28, 2013 Judy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-kindle
"Lost Boy" was a great follow-up (probably better)than the first book "The Lonely." The first book is told from the girl's POV, Sarah, and the second is the guy's, Eli. It really is like two different books from each of their perspectives. Not much repeating here. What I really liked better with this book is the way the ending was handled (not nearly as tedious) and this one had a delicious Epilogue that gave us a glimpse at everyone's story, not just Eli and Sarah's.

Certain parts of these books
Cath
Jul 26, 2013 Cath rated it it was amazing
4.5stars. Still as weird as book one but I loved Eli's story..... I needed to skim through The Lonely first otherwise I would have been The Lost One! Once I had reacquainted myself with the story it was all good. I said at the end of the last book I was looking forward to getting into Eli's head and I wasn't disappointed. X
Katherine
Jul 26, 2013 Katherine rated it it was amazing
The Lonely was amazing. But THIS one?!? OMG! I am beyond blown away. Tara Brown is a master!

I loved getting Eli's story. Being in his head was quite an experience. Your understanding of his character will reach a whole new level. He truly made me laugh out loud, cry good tears, and feel his emotions through the words on the page. It's quite safe to say that I love Eli even more than before, if that's even possible.

So many things we didn't know from the first book are shown to us for the first t
Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog
Sep 11, 2013 Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2013
Reviewed on: http://totallybookedblog.com/2013/09/...

description

Seriously, I love Tara Brown for so many reasons and this series is a huge reason as to why. It started with The Lonely, an intelligent, dark and disturbingly appealing story that was so unique that it shot straight into my heart as a loved favourite.

Well, as much as I loved The Lonely, I loved this companion novel Lost Boy even more. No question, one of the best books I’ve read in a long while, it just messed with my head even more, I loved i
Christine
Nov 05, 2013 Christine rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars. I liked the second half more than the first half. Overall it was okay.
Lorie
Dec 18, 2014 Lorie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark
Eli’s POV~ HEARTBREAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL

This is a companion to The Lonely. It’s much more than just The Lonley retold from Eli’s POV.

Tara Brown calls this book ‘weird’. THIS IS NOT WEIRD! It’s incredibly smart and simply amazing.

***Experiencing the story through Sarah's eyes was amazing, but seeing it through Eli's is PHENOMENAL.***

It is remarkable how Sarah and Eli coped with what happened in very different ways. The experience through his eyes is very different than that seen through hers. Sarah
P.A. Warren
Jul 25, 2013 P.A. Warren rated it it was amazing
10 STARS!!!!Okay well due to restrictions I will have to only give it 5 stars
I was given an ARC for an Honest Review.

LIKE.TOTALLY.OH.MY.GOSH.
 photo tumblr_m5ob2t5oSq1rqmypj_zps5f8123d6.gif
How's that for my 90's cheerleader inner self?Tara Brown has written yet another winner.Lost Boy is the companion Novel to The Lonely.It is from Eli's Point of View and should only be read after you read The Lonely.I normally am not a huge fan of these type of books,meaning rewriting the same book in the Males POV.But this is one of those times where I ma
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
A VERY FUCKED UP STORY

The blurb isn't much to go by, but because of the mystery and thriller aspect of the book not much else can be said.

I read 'The Lonely' and 'Lost Boy' along side one another. If you have never read either books, then I would say to just read 'Lost Boy'. But if you have read 'The Lonely' then I highly recommend you read 'Lost Boy' too.

I'm going to use some of my review to compare the two:
I found myself initially more confused reading TL due to the fact that the mystery aspec
Tiffany Readz
Jul 30, 2013 Tiffany Readz rated it it was amazing
While I am not a fan of second POV books, this one was absolutely fantastic! At times it was so creepy to be inside of Eli's head and sad to see how messed up he really was.

This is Eli's story from his days in the hole up until he finally finds Em and starts to keep an eye on her. While we pretty much knew Eli was obsessed with Em and her safety, this story shows how desperately he needed to protect her for his own sanity. They were both teetering on the brink of a total meltdown every second of
Tiffany trout
Dec 24, 2013 Tiffany trout rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark-reads
The story from the lonely was heart breaking and powerful and amazing. The story in lost boy from Eli's point of view was at least 10 times better if that's possible!! I loved it! Hearing more about Stuart was fantastic too. I felt with the lonely that it ended good but not great and in this one.. Well I loved the ending and I feel like the story was complete. I would still love to read more about the characters and I would love a book on Stuart!
Diane
Sep 23, 2013 Diane rated it it was amazing
Fantastic.
Loved it.
I waited so long and it did not disappoint.

I have not enough words to describe how emotional the first book was and Eli's POV was equally heart-wrenching and sad.
It still amazes me that this story has gripped me so much.
It took days to stop thinking about book one and this one has made it complete!!
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Aug 30, 2013 Jenny - TotallybookedBlog rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Gitte for the Totallybooked - http://totallybookedblog.com/2013/09/...

description

Laura †
Jul 29, 2013 Laura † rated it really liked it
damn! i still want more!!!!!!
Carol
INTERVIEW WITH ELI ADAMS HERE: https://beautyandthebeastlybooks.word...

Holy Shit!!! What can I say?!!! I already loved Eli in The Lonely, now, after seeing things from his perspective in Lost Boy, I love him even more!
Tara Brown again amazed me beyond reason! When I read The Lonely I came to the conclusion it was one of the most inteligent storylines I've read so far...Now with Lost Boy I see it was even more inteligent then I originally thought!
Eli's POV is quite different from Sarah's...he's n
Zuzana
UPOZORNĚNÍ:
Čtěte až po přečtení The Lonely (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...)! Lost boy je POV hlavního hrdiny románu The Lonely.

Nádherné, temné a sladkobolné doplnění nádherného, temného a sladkobolného příběhu. Uznávám, že po dějové stránce to bylo trochu uspěchané, protože Lost boy přináší Eliho pohled jen na ty nejvýraznější okamžiky z The Lonely, plus něco navíc před počátkem děje The Lonely, něco navíc poté jako dovětek. A je to krásné. Prohlubuje charaktery jednotlivých postav, do
Ayush
Oct 03, 2013 Ayush rated it really liked it
Lost Boy, although darker than The Lonely, is much better than the other book. Mostly because it encompasses things we don't ever find out (including the epilogue) in The Lonely. The only complaint is that I wished she hadn't written these two books in such a way that both had to be picked up to completely finish the story. The Lonely didn't really include all the pieces of the story, thus prompting the reader to pick up Lost Boy to finish the tale. Sadly, this is becoming a trend.

Lost Boy deals
Beth
Aug 06, 2013 Beth rated it really liked it
4 Tortured Soul Stars

Do Not Read This until you have read The Lonely. This is a companion book from an alternate POV. If you read this first you will have no freaking clue what is going on.

OMG. These people are crazy. Well less crazy than I thought. I thought they were out of their minds when I read the The Lonely. Now I just think they are a bit unhinged. I like Eli so much better now.

Eli and Emlyn/Sarah are survivors of kidnapping and torture, but their paths to adulthood were very different.
Jessy
Jul 23, 2013 Jessy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I'm not surprised that this book was downright amazing! I'm not surprised that some how this author seems to know exactly what the reader hopes for and delivers it with an imagination so new and original!
We get Eli's POV in this book and oh man talk about another head trip I had to take! My emotions are always running high when I read a book of hers. Yes, I cried. This "lost boy" is so broken and is so fragile...you hope for his happiness in ways you didn't imagine you could because he's just a
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Jul 25, 2013 [~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
The plot:

We had her POV in The Lonely...

Now we get Eli's...

How he helps her get rid of the lonely...

How he became the lost boy he is today...

My thoughts:

I remember finishing The Lonely and thinking

I really needed to get into Eli's head and Eli was everything I thought he be...

"I'm convinced text talk will be the end of civilization"

Haha...

We find out the reasons for this actions, his stalkerish-tendencies, as well as his feelings for her. We also got to know more about Jane and Stuart.

Last th
Tab0429
Sep 11, 2015 Tab0429 rated it really liked it
After reading The Lonely I was a bit disappointed, feeling like there were many gaps in the story. Then I read Lost Boy and it filled those gaps, added so much to the story, I actually really enjoyed it!
Jennifer G
Apr 11, 2016 Jennifer G rated it really liked it
Since I loved The Lonely so much I wanted more. Naturally I had to read the companion book to see Eli's POV. I loved this book as much as the first one. This cast of characters is so broken. They are so fragile, yet with strength. The fact that they try to live and love should give us all inspiration; that they want to work to heal themselves to love another better even more so. Eli's story broke my heart as much as Sarah's did and getting the insight into Stuart was wonderful. The bond that he ...more
Terri
Jul 29, 2013 Terri rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
It was worth the wait, I loved it. I have to admit when I first started I was a bit nervous that it would 't meet my expectations. Well it did. Still very emotional. The Lonely is one of my favorite books. I love all these fuc*ed up characters. Eli's version added some new and interesting things to the story. What was great also was that Stuart's character was really brought forward. I wouldn't mind reading his story next ;) (hint, hint). Well done!
Lisa
Jul 25, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Just. Simply. Wonderful!

I'm not a huge fan of the same story but told in another mc's POV, but given The Lonely's shocking story, Eli's POV gave it the completeness and understanding The Lonely deserved.
RedRedtheycallmeRed
Dec 28, 2014 RedRedtheycallmeRed rated it liked it
I read The Lonely almost two years ago, so the details were a bit fuzzy, but I can see what the other reviewers were talking about when they said this book was repetitive. I would not enjoy reading them back-to-back. But enough time has passed since I read the first one that repetitiveness wasn't too much of an issue.

I really disliked Eli in the first book, so I was hoping to get some insight on why Sarah (or anyone) would fall in love with him. To me, he just came across as obsessed and creepy.
Jazzy
Lost Boy is the companion piece to The Lonely. It is for all intents and purposes the exact same story, only from Eli's point of view. It was enjoyable and Eli is basically a likable character. In both The Lonely and Lost Boy I found his distaste of urban lingo and texting abbreviations to be strangely endearing. For some reason I found I actually liked Em/Sarah more seeing her through his eyes.

Despite that the 2 stories are almost identical, I would recommend reading The Lonely first. I think I
Kirsten
Jul 06, 2014 Kirsten rated it liked it
I've been in a snit recently about waiting for all books in a series to come out before I dive in. Too many books, so little time. Sometimes my brain feels like mush trying to keep it all together. I wouldn't consider this a series, just a second book from Eli's POV. I will say, I kind of wish I would have waited to read. I liked The Lonely (pretty much a stand-alone), and immediately followed with Lost Boy. Although we were able to learn more about Eli, Stuart, and what happened in the path to ...more
Saunders
Jan 06, 2014 Saunders rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-erotica
I sometimes feel let down by "follow up" books that are from the male perspective but Tara Brown didn't let me down with this sequel. I was glad to read this from Eli's point of view and it also filled in a number of areas that I was still scratching my head about.

First time read from this author and it wont be my last.
  • The Hunter (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #10)
  • Abduction
  • The Art of Love
  • The Tied Man (The Tied Man, #1)
  • Bind and Keep Me (Pierced Hearts, #2)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 1 "Taken" (My Masters' Nightmare, #1)
  • The Beast (The Beast, #1)
  • Witch (The Devil's Roses, #4)
  • Beneath the Burn
  • Unbearable
  • Wanderlust
  • The Flesh Cartel #1: Capture
  • That Which Destroys Me
  • Master
  • Sold (Keeping her in the Dark, #1)
  • Mafia Captive
  • Under By Duress
  • Vol.1 (London Brown, #3.5)
I am the mother of two beautiful girls who are growing up so fast, the wife of a cute guy in a uniform (my own personal hero), and a writer.
My family will tell you it doesn't exactly fall into that order. Especially around dinner time when I "Cook" from a takeout menu with my face plastered to my computer.
I also have two cats who I adore more than I should, like more than people I know, and a dog.
More about Tara Brown...

The Lonely (2 books)
  • The Lonely (The Lonely, #1)