Start by marking “Too Good to Be True? (Seizing It, #2)” as Want to Read:
Too Good to Be True? (Seizing It, #2)

Too Good to Be True? (Seizing It #2)

Sequel to Seizing It

Three months after Kit falls in love with Dale, his epilepsy takes a turn for the worse and his nightmares and flashbacks about his abusive ex intensify. His work at the veterinary clinic and as a freelance translator only add to the stress. As Kit’s life flies out of his control, his last tether of sanity frays as Dale grows frustrated with Kit’s stubb
Published February 27th 2013 by Dreamspinner Press (first published February 26th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Too Good to Be True?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Too Good to Be True?

Thomaidha Papa
Feb 26, 2013 Thomaidha Papa rated it liked it
3.5 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Oh dear Lord what a frustrating read. I was constantly irritated at Kit and spend the entire length of the book wanting to slap some sense to him. That of course doesn’t mean that the book wasn’t good. On the contrary since it made me feel so much.

Truth is I don’t know what I feel exactly. I have never read anything similar to this novel and I have no clue about what people who suffer from epilepsy feel or ho
Trisha Harrington
This series might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's mine. I loved the first book and the second one managed to top it for me. Kit and Dale were just sweet in this one. Kit is still the bitchy and moody character, but I can understand it.

I would love a third book in the series. Highly recommend this one!
clear skies
I could have played a drinking game, with the amount of times the word seizure came up in this book.
~RMG
Feb 28, 2013 ~RMG rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this one. Kit is high maintenance, yes, but lovable, quirky, and hilarious. And Dale? *sighs happily* A total dream. I love when a book leaves me smiling at the end.
Karlijn
Yep, I'm in love.
Ramona TheWorldofBigEyes
4,5 Sterne für den Abschluss einer nervenaufreibenden Geschichte :)
Tali Spencer
May 15, 2013 Tali Spencer rated it really liked it
First off, the cover is gorgeous. I'm a die hard cover queen, so of course I was hooked. And the story inside was both interesting and at times lovely. Kit is a young man suffering from epilepsy. He's at turns frustrated and defiant, defeated and self-pitying, but never for long. He's determined to live his life on his own terms, not those set by his disability. For that reason he fights those who surround him with love and concern. He doesn't want concern. He wants to be free.

Kit's frustration
Nephy Hart
Mar 06, 2013 Nephy Hart rated it really liked it
The sequel to Seizing it kicks in three months after the end of the first book. We get deeper into Kit and Dale's relationship. I LOVE KIT. He is sassy, sarcastic and feisty. My only objection to him is that he apologises way too much.

I had even more of a problem warming to Dale in this one. He puts too much pressure on Kit, expects way too much of him and seems intent on changing him rather than expecting him as he is. At one point I felt he was being mentally abusive and putting Kit under dure
Becky Condit
May 15, 2013 Becky Condit rated it liked it
When I requested “Too Good to be True” for review, I did not realize that it was a sequel. Some are fine as a stand-alone read and this one is a good story. However I feel like I would have enjoyed it better if I had read the prequel, “Seizing It”, first because I would have had a greater understanding of the characters and the motivations for their actions. This story just jumps in, I would assume, where the first book left off. Not much background information is provided. There is no ...more
Candice
Apr 26, 2014 Candice rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, m-m
So, as much as I didn't like the first book I wanted to see how the story played out. I am sorry to say that Kit was still a petulant child and I wanted to smack him even more. Dale was too patient. He didn't deserve to be treated like crap. Kit really did treat him very poorly. Yelling at him for no reason :(

I didn't really believe Kit's negligence for his own health. In the first book, he was so strict, even with his bedtime. Now, that's changed? I didn't buy it.

I think if I heart the words "e
Meggie
Mar 01, 2013 Meggie rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, family
Good God, I was, for nearly 60% of this story, annoyed with Kit's behaviour. He truly acted like a child without a toy. But then after some serious arguing with Dale, Kit decided to grow up, be a man and act like one, too. Good for him....
Tamarrion Lash
Mar 05, 2013 Tamarrion Lash rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-romance
Сильно так себе. Что меня удивило больше всего, это когда гл.герой неудачно упал в парке, сломав руку, вывихнув лодыжку и получив сотрясение мозга, его бойфренд заставил его ковылять до дома, чтобы оттуда отвезти его в больницу. Эээ, что автор не знает о существовании скорой помощи?
Ericka Walden
Mar 06, 2013 Ericka Walden rated it really liked it
Wow. I liked this second book with Kit and Dale. I'm glad Kit got over his insecurities and I believed Dale was more than patient! (I'd have throttled Kit a few times! ) I'd love to read a follow up story with these guys.
Marsha Spence
Mar 10, 2013 Marsha Spence rated it really liked it
This is all about learning to trust and Kit had to learn that lesson the hard way. I really enjoyed this and hope there will be more stories in Kit and Dale's world...
Perpetua
Mar 26, 2013 Perpetua rated it it was ok
I kinna got annoyed at Dale for taking all Kits shite in this! He was a bit of a doormat and kit was a brat!
DTBrazil
DTBrazil rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2015
Mistral
Mistral rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2014
TeeTee
TeeTee rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2014
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2016
Cricket
Cricket rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2014
NancyM
NancyM rated it it was ok
Mar 01, 2013
Michaela
Michaela rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2014
Maame
Maame rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2013
Sue
Sue rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2013
Erebia
Erebia rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2015
Sophie Bonaste
Sophie Bonaste rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2013
Romance
Romance rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2013
Southernangel
Southernangel rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2013
Beth Smith
Beth Smith rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2015
Michelle Warner
Michelle Warner rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Dreamspinner Press: Too Good to Be True? by Chris T. Kat 1 18 Feb 27, 2013 02:55AM
  • A Beautiful Disaster
  • When One Door Opens
  • Home (Broken #2)
  • Conquer the Flames (Lang Downs #4)
  • Falling Into Place
  • Analyzing Emory
  • Awake and Alive (Only Love 1.5)
  • Hazel Takes Over (Lyon Road Vets, #3)
  • Starting Point (Turning Point, #3)
  • Love Comes in Darkness (Senses, #2)
  • Happily Ever After (Russian Bear, #4)
  • Spencer (Survivor Stories #3)
  • All That Shimmers (Piece Us Back Together)
  • Unfinished Business (Beggars and Choosers, #2)
  • Beholding Beauty
  • Two Silent Cries
  • Designs of Desire (Desires Entwined, #1)
  • Of Being Yours (Another Way #2)
Chris T. Kat lives in the middle of Europe, together with her husband of many years and their two children. She stumbled upon the M/M genre by luck and was swiftly drawn into it. She divides her time between work, her family—which includes chasing after escaping horses and lugging around huge instruments such as a harp—and writing. She enjoys a variety of genres, such as mystery/suspense, ...more
More about Chris T. Kat...

Seizing It (2 books)