Start by marking “Unbroken (Beachwood Bay, #1)” as Want to Read:
Unbroken (Beachwood Bay, #1)

Unbroken (Beachwood Bay #1)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  9,792 ratings  ·  696 reviews
"Mom always told me there are two kinds of love in this world: the steady breeze, and the hurricane. Emerson Ray was my hurricane...."

Juliet McKenzie was an innocent eighteen-year old when she spent the summer in Beachwood Bay—and fell head over heels in love with Emerson. Complicated, intense Emerson, the local bad boy. His blue eyes hid dark secrets, and just one touch c
Nook, 170 pages
Published March 11th 2013 by Melody Grace Books (first published March 10th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Unbroken, please sign up.

Real by Katy EvansDriven by K. BrombergCollide by Gail McHughBully by Penelope DouglasBeautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren
Romance Debuts 2013
122nd out of 426 books — 3,746 voters
The Moon and More by Sarah DessenThis is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. SmithSalvation by Anne OsterlundOut of the Easy by Ruta SepetysPaper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff
2013 Standalone Reading Challenge
63rd out of 137 books — 316 voters

More lists with this book...

Marina
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*
2.5 Disappointing Stars!

"My mom always said, there are two kinds of love in this world: the steady breeze, and the hurricane."

"Emerson Ray was my hurricane."

I was very very disappointed. The story wasn't anything great.
I knew what was going to happen in the first few chapters of the book.

Juliet is a girl who met a boy one summer in Cedar Cove...
On a family vacation with her mother meeting up with her family.

She falls madly in love with Emerson. He consumes her! She is willing to give up everyth
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
2 Stars!
description

This book didn't work at all for me. Other than 1 chapter, I didn't like the book.
description

The author talks about how she was before, how her old life was '4 years ago.' How she was with Emerson, how they loved and blah blah blah.. But she didn't show us how she was so how will we know if she's changed.. There is no old scenes with Emerson, about how fiercely they loved each other so then how the fuck will we know.

This book just didn't work for me.. 51% in and I wanted to dump it, But I don't do
Jennifer Kyle
2 1/2 Hurricane Stars

Sadly, I wasn't rocked like a hurricane from this book like I thought I would be. I found the story to be pretty predictable. I didn't care for the main character Juliet at all. Her internal dialogue was exhausting and sadly quite boring. I found the book to be a very wordy and I'm sad to say I did skim some pages.

Some things in the story like her internal dialogue felt like it went on forever while other things like Juliet and Emerson's interactions seemed to mostly consis
Kayla at MyBookMuse
More reviews at: www.mybookmuse.com

tumblr_mg532ghqDP1qc43fto1_500

To say I was hooked from the prologue is an understatement. Melody Grace's debut novel Unbroken is a heart-wrenching tale of love lost, love found, and that sometimes you gotta go through rain if you want to see the sun shine.

Meet Juliet:

0df644c0dfd0722de00656f4a8ef2766
It has been 4 long years since Juliet has set foot in the town of Ceder Cove. It's also been 4 long years since Juliet has seen Emerson.

tumblr_mg81beWl181qawdjao1_500

Emerson broke Juliet's heart on one of the most painful days of her life. Since that day
Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!*

This sounds promising.... *Grins*
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
4.5 Stars

Pretending like the past never happened is a recipe for disaster.

photo 758aefd1-9136-4f40-9fbb-08ef481d3024_zps6dd50357.jpg

Towards the end of this book, I started thinking….Oh my, God. This totally reminds me of The Notebook! Don’t worry folks, it doesn’t really end like that, but as I look back, it totally was just like the movie…well, not all of it per se, but it did have a lot of similarities: Young summer love, that all consuming-can’t-live-without-you type ending in heartbreak, the mother who frowned upon the relationship, the safe-swee
Andrea
Waffled between 4 and 4.5 stars, so... 4.25 stars! lol

Like a lot of readers, I've been waiting to read Unbroken since the moment I posted a cover reveal. Shallow? Maybe. A fact of life? You bet. It's a fact that pretty covers draw readers in, but the book better be able to back the pretty up. Unbroken totally did.

Unbroken is told in a manner that I happen to enjoy a lot: We're given a present in which the two main characters, Jules and Emerson, are no longer together, we don't know what happen
J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie*
2.5 Stars!

Did I read the same book as everyone else? This one just did not work for me.

The story was all over the place, the writing was too descriptive making the story drag, the dialogue was cheesy at times (especially the internal dialogue) and I felt no connection to the characters or the story.

So many pieces didn't add up. There was one flashback where we got a small piece of the past--when Emerson and Jules meet. But then no other flashbacks. I would have liked to have gotten more story
Jamie~Book Boyfriend Ho♥
This sounds really good and angsty! I don't like the cover though.. the guy on there does not look like a bad boy--like the blurb describes him. This book definitly needs another guy on the front...this guy looks wimpy.
Ava ~ BiblioBelles
*I received an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review*

Unbroken is the fast paced love story of Emerson and Juliet and much like her namesake these star crossed lovers were destined to be together until lies and promises broke them apart.

Four years ago Juliet experienced the best and worst summer of her life. She met Emerson, the boy of her dreams, her forever boy and it was a hot passionate love affair to remember. But then tragedy struck and Juliet returned to the city, trying to pie
Aestas Book Blog
Mar 12, 2013 Aestas Book Blog marked it as to-read

I like the sound of this one!!

BLURB --> Juliet McKenzie was an innocent eighteen-year old when she spent the summer in Cedar Cove—and fell head over heels in love with Emerson. Complicated, intense Emerson, the local bad boy. His blue eyes hid dark secrets, and just one touch could set Juliet ablaze. Their love was demanding and all-consuming, but when summer
Paige Edward
This blew me away. The intensity, the romance, and hot hot Emerson. And I loved Juliet's raw honesty, her intelligence, and the the big reveal at the end. WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT!

I only hope there is more to come. I want to know what happens next with them.
Valerie
I have to say I reallllly enjoyed this book it was extremely well written and not too much angst which is great when you just want a break from some of these crazy town books haha I really enjoyed Juliet and Emerson's story but I would have definitely like more of a look in their past I didn't feel like I got to experience there serious desperate love for each other because I was missing their whole past! I definitely felt how in love they were now but I would have loved to see how it began and ...more
Jess
Edit 22/3/2013: This book hit the USA Today Best Seller!!! so deserving!

"This is what they write stories about, I realize, as if from far away. All those books and movies and poems I've read, this is what they all were preparing me for, the day when a strange man smiles at me, and makes me forget who I am."

Ok you know those books where your heart breaks and I mean really breaks where every word you read breaks your heart a bit more and you actually stopped breathing and didn't realise until you
Pam
Mar 13, 2013 Pam rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 3, new-adult
3 stars
”My mom always said , there are two kinds of love in this world, the steady breeze, and the hurricane.”

Four years ago, the end of summer changed everything, Juliet lost the two people she loved most, the only difference is one is still alive and haunts her till this day; she has to go back to Cedar Cove, to the house full of memories and hopefully put it all behind her. ”Emerson Ray was my hurricane,” and now she has the love of Daniel, her steady breeze.

”I was done with reckless, I
Bethany
4.5 Stars

Unbroken was such a good love story full of passion. Let me just say I need to find me an Emerson, that man is so passionate that he made me weak in the knees.

“You’re mine,” he says again fiercely. “Not his, not anyone else’s. You can try and pretend you don’t feel it, but you do. You’ll always be mine.” He eyes burn into mine demanding, and I know with a terrible clarity, that it’s true.

At just 18 Juliet falls fast and hard for Emerson. They spend a summer together so in love with each
Elizabeth Lee
So excited I got an ARC of this! Amazing characters and a wonderful story! A must read for all! Add it to your TBR now! :-)
Sara
2.5 stars. The heroine rambled. A lot. It was too predictable and how can someone be so friendly getting dumped.
Aishah
BEST. PERFECT. SUPER SHORT. BUT SO FUCKING GOODDDDDD.

THIS BOOK IS BASICALLY A HOTTER VERSION OF THE NOTEBOOK :333
Dyndyn
Jul 18, 2014 Dyndyn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Dyndyn by: Trish
That was one intense read. Whew! I'm still reeling from it all and I loved it!

Juliet & Emerson had a past. What they had & lost four years ago almost broke Juliet. She can't go back on that road again. She'll never survive it, if she did. So what was she doing driving to Cedar Cove? She told herself she had to. Someone had to pack up their beach house in preparation for sale. No one else cared but her. Or so she told herself until she saw him again. Emerson, her hurricane.

To describe Ju
Krista

My list of book boyfriends I wish were real has just increased by one. And I loved Emerson because he wasn't picture perfect. In fact, there were times when I thought he was the biggest d-bag ever. That was what made him full of awesome.

Juliet spent one summer falling in love with Emerson. It was the perfect three months until the end when her mother died and Emerson harshly dumped her for no apparent reason. Four years later, Juliet is slowly still trying to put the pieces of her hear
Autumn Review
Ok, seriously...I couldn't get enough of Emerson. I absolutely loved him! Unbroken for me was a really great read. I loved the story, but fell in love with the characters. This is Melody Grace's debut novel and I have to say I'm pretty excited to see what she comes out with next!

Juliet was a character that I could relate to. I empathized with her. She had an unstable home life and I felt like she was searching for love and affection. She found that love in wild boy Emerson. However, Emerson isn'
Melly
Well, hello, Unbroken ! This book is a little treasure of intense love and passion. Hot passion. Yep. Mmhmm...

Emerson, Emerson, Emerson. Say it with me now, Emerson. *sigh* Oh, that man. I want to grab him and never let go. Maybe throw in a pinch or two. Okay, lick, nibble...you get the idea.
"Tell me 'no'."
Yeah, that's not happening. What's my other option?

Four years should be more than enough time to get over a breakup. That isn't true if your ex was/is the love of your life. Juliet thought
Allison Rivera
Find this review and many more here: http://bookfixation.blogspot.com/
Direct Link: http://bookfixation.blogspot.com/2013...

I'm obsessed with New Adult books. This one is definitely one of my favorites! This book was so awesome that I literally didn't stop reading until I was finished! I even skipped my afternoon class just to finish this and now I'm more behind than I already was but I don't care because this book was just epic and I loved it and I don't regret a second of it!

4 years after she l
Lisa
*ARC given to blog for honest review*

5 “heart-stopping, life-changing, all-consuming” Kisses! (trust me, that will make sense after you read it!)

I am a happy happy girl right now. Why, might you ask? Oh that’s because I’ve just finished an awesome, rock your socks off, love it to the very last click of my kindle book. Unbroken is Melody Grace’s debut novel, part of the Beachwood Bay series – and I am ALL kinds of giddy about the upcoming books.

Yes…yes I am smiling :-) BIG time…

So, let’s dive int
Bianca
4.5 Stars!

The author, Melody Grace so nicely provided me with an eARC copy of this book and it was such a great early birthday surprise! I was up until 1 am finishing this book because I couldn’t put it down. This book was about a woman named Juliet that had to return to a place that she ran away from due to heartbreak. Tragedy brings her back to a place she thought she’d never have to return to.

I was hooked from the prologue! My favorite quote of this book had to be the first few sentences…"My
Andrea
4.5 stars!!! I was given this book as a gift and had set it aside. I finished the prequel novella, Untouched, without realizing it was related to Unbroken. I am so confused by some of the reviews and decided each one of those that felt they didn't love Unbroken needs to read Untouched .... it makes it all so beautiful.

Unbroken ... such a simple word. A word packed full of meaning. This is a story of two individuals that are completely broken. Going through the motions of life all the while knowi
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
I loved Emerson...I loved this book...was such a good romantic read...first love and true love reuniting is always a fab read for us hopeless romantics...I knew that there had to be a reason why they split up all them years ago and the reason shocked me...not so much what was said but by who..not what I was expecting...a fab read!!
Twizzie
I reallly want to read this. BADLY.

playlist 4 60 Jun 26, 2013 10:49AM
  • The Stillness of You (Beautifully Damaged, #1)
  • Broken
  • Drowning in You
  • Broken at Love (Whitman University, #1)
  • It Was You (Abby and West, #1)
  • Give Me Something (Give Me Something, #1)
  • The Love Game (The Game, #1)
  • Plastic Hearts (Hearts, #1)
  • Ruined (Ruined, #1)
  • Beautiful Goodbye (Beautiful, #1)
  • Depths (Silver Strand, #2)
  • Stripped (Stripped, #1)
  • Inhale, Exhale
  • Falling into You (Falling into You, #1)
  • Let It Go
  • Waiting for You (Waiting for You, #1)
  • No Attachments (Woodfalls Girls, #1)
  • The Prelude (A Musical Interlude, #1)
Book-lover and author of USA Today & international bestselling Beachwood Bay series. UNCONDITIONAL out March 18th! I'm 28, a SoCal transplant, and sexy new adult romance junkie ;) Stay tuned for snippets and swag!
More about Melody Grace...

Beachwood Bay (7 books)
  • Unafraid (Beachwood Bay, #2)
  • Unconditional (Beachwood Bay, #3)
  • Uninhibited (Beachwood Bay, #4; The Callahans, #2)
  • Unstoppable (Beachwood Bay, #5)
  • Unexpectedly Yours (Beachwood Bay, #6)
  • Unwritten (Beachwood Bay, #7)
Untouched (Beachwood Bay, #0.5) Unafraid (Beachwood Bay, #2) Untamed Hearts (Beachwood Bay, #1.5) Unrequited (Beachwood Bay, #3.5; The Callahans, #1) Unwrapped (Beachwood Bay, #2.5)

“Mom always told me there are two kinds of love in this world: the steady breeze, and the hurricane.” 61 likes
“I always want you, Jules. Even when I hated you, even when I wished I’d never see your face again, I still lost my mind thinking all the things I’d do to you, if you came back.” His voice breaks. When he speaks again, it’s with a rough, ragged tone, like he’s forcing the words out.
“I’ll always want you, Juliet. It’ll be the fucking death of me, but I won’t ever stop.”
43 likes