Start by marking “Baby Stetson (Love and Music in Texas #1)” as Want to Read:
Baby Stetson (Love and Music in Texas #1)

Baby Stetson (Love and Music in Texas #1)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  298 ratings  ·  52 reviews
In small Texas towns, strangers come and go...

Left in a Stetson hat, on the steps of the local bed and breakfast, Avery Callimer came into the world on a wing and a prayer. Raised by loving adoptive parents, she's never lacked for love...only the knowledge of her past.

By day she works the Inn, but by night...Avery comes alive as lead singer in a band. Life was good...stabl
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 455 pages
Published March 18th 2013 by Nikki Lynn Barrett

To ask other readers questions about Baby Stetson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby Stetson

Great book and the hero is very swoon worthy!
Review to Come at a later date!
Lexi Buchanan
Okay - first off the cover pulled me in, because of the uniqueness about it. The cover is bright and cute!

Now the story.

The story is about Avery who was abandoned as a baby and the mystery about her birth parents. At night she sings and is known as Baby Stetson. It's after a night of singing that she first meets Lucas!

She helps run the Inn which belongs to her adoptive parents which is where she keeps running in to Lucas (yes please!!) who is a guest at the Inn. He makes her blush and tingle in
Nikki is really getting better with every new book she writes. I loved The Secret Santa Wishing Well and Baby Stetson. Both covers goes well with the books.

I loved the plot and it was easy to follow. I enjoyed the characters of the book. I was kept on the edge of my sit just trying to find out who Lucas was working for, who Avery's real parents were and who is trying to kill her. I like the way that Avery got her nickname and I can understand why she hates to tell the story behind it.

The romance
Jessica Tarrats
I received a copy of Baby Stetson by Nikki Lynn Barrett in exchange for an honest review.

Baby Stetson is a story about Avery Callimer. She was adopted by the Callimers and is happy to call them family. For a small town gal who secretly yearns for more, she has lots of things going for her: she’s a talented (and natural) singer, she has great parents, great friends, she’s smart and beautiful. What else could a girl ask for? How about finding out more about your birth parents? And meeting a handso
Christine Warner
I just finished Baby Stetson by Nikki Lynn Barrett. I truly enjoyed the mystery surrounding this endearing story of secrets, family, forgiveness, and love. I kept guessing and second guessing on how it was going to play out and wondering if I had all the characters pegged correctly.

I thought it was very unique how Avery ended up being adopted by her parents, and I loved their bond. Avery is one of those heroine's you instantly like.

And then there is Lucas. Mysterious, caring, and hiding a tort
Michelle Oneill
Avery is a abandoned baby who was found in a Stetson which is how she came about the nick name Baby Stetson, she is a singer and her band is called Baby Stetson. Her adopted parents are so wonderful and have always loved her, but Avery feels like something is missing, she wants to know the day she was born, she wants to know who her biological parents are. Her adoptive parents own a inn. Avery gets a letter from her bio father and he wants to meet her as he just found out about her from her bio ...more
Kristy Hamilton
I have been a fan of contemporary romance since I was actually allowed read romance. Baby Stetson is a book that I am so glad that I was able to get my hands on.
I was given the book by the author for an honest review. She knows that I am going to give it a 5 star review :)
Baby Stetson is a nickname for Avery Callimer. One night she was left on the steps of a bed and breakfast as a baby in a Stetson hat. From that night on she was raised by loving adoptive parents. She works with them in the inn
Kayla Melser
I was given a copy of this book for an honest and unbiased review.

Baby Stetson is the first novel in Nikki Lynn Barrett's Love ane Music in Texas Series. It is also the first book I have read by her. I have to say she is an awesome author who is adept at drawing emotions out of the reader. Her books are surrounded with music, and southern charm. Definitely good reads

In Baby Stetson you meet Avery (Baby Stetson) Callimer who is the lead singer of the band called Baby Stetson. She is a girl who is
Andrea Cooper
This is a cute story with just enough danger and mystery to keep you glued to the pages to find out what happens. The chemistry between Avery and Lucas was sizzling. Even the secondary characters had me wanting to read their HEA, like Jameson. I'm looking forward to more books from this writer.
Really loved the character development and inner monologue. Helps you settle right into the characters. Great plot that wasn't predictable. Full of romance, suspense and emotion. Would definitely recommend as a great read! Can't wait to read the next one on Jameson!!
Erin Maurer
Baby Stetson is another book that features a couple you just want to cheer for, despite all the obstacles in the way. Avery is an adopted Texas girl, singing in her country band, working in her parents inn and dreaming of a life on the Nashville stages.

Avery also struggles with a past full of holes. She earns the nickname, Baby Stetson because she was an abandoned baby discovered in a cowboy hat. She longs to know the world from which she came, but fears hurting her adoptive parents. Her parents
Debbie Collins
I cannot say enough about this book, it was fantastic. The characters are so real and down to earth. I must admit that the cover grabbed me and I had to read it, and I certainly was not disappointed. Avery Callimer, is a happy, strong, smart, beautiful and talented young woman. She works at her parents Inn and also is the lead singer in a band. The only thing missing from her life, is the answers to why she was left on the doorsteps of the Inn, wearing a stetson hat. She is totally happy with he ...more
Danielle-Claude Mba

Love and Music in Texas meets Coulda Woulda Shoulda Songs...

4 Super Stars ****

Hotness factor: Sweet tender luving... (Barry White Style)

I stumbled uponNikki Lynn Barrett quite by accident a couple of weeks ago because the title of the second book of the Love and Music in Texas,The Melody In My Head. After chatting with her, we realized that our books had a lot in common. It's about music, dreams of success, love, family, secrets... and much much more. Intrigued, I bought the book.

Tina "coffee and books"
Baby Stetson is the first book in the Love and Music in Texas series by Nikki Lynn Barrett. I enjoyed the read and the characters. All in all, it wasn’t a bad start to this series.

Avery “Baby Stetson” Callimer had quite a start in life. As an infant she was left on the front steps of a bed and breakfast in a Stetson hat. She was lucky and she never forgot it. The owners of the bed and breakfast were good people. They adopted her and loved her. She has close friends that love her and she’s even
Avery was adopted by two wonderful parents after she was left on a door step in a Stetson Hat. She has never lacked in love as her adopted parents love her as if she was their own. She helps them run their inn during the day and does what she loves best at night. Singing in a band is one of her biggest joys in life. She has always wanted to know more about her real parents and wonders why they left her. Some questions she has always wondered may just be answer when her families inn has two new g ...more
Melisa Hamling
5 Baby cowgirl hats for Baby Stetson!

Avery ala Baby Stetson, loves life, loves her parents, and like everyone else, she has a dream. With a beautiful voice, she sings as Baby Stetson, a nickname derived from the way she arrived into her adoptive parents home. But deep down, there's a longing, one that wants to know who she is and where she came from. But is she ready for that and all that it comes with?

And then there's Lucas. That hot little number is stealing Avery's heart. Sparks fly and the
Dragon Bookworm
Me being a big of the show Nashville – you could say I have been digging these country romances these days and Baby Stetson has a perfect mix of Romance, Suspense and Drama to make for a real fun read for any fans of the tv hit show.

Avery is our heroine she is a pint sized spark plug with little sass in her 2 step and boy she is going to need it after getting involved in some full on drama within in this book and with Lucas, as her hot sexy leading man, maybe we can a show made of this book.

I a
Kylie Gilmore
Avery and Lucas are a couple you can root for right from the beginning. There were a lot of twists and turns in the plot (with secrets from their past, no spoilers here!) that keep you turning the pages. I also loved the small town of Harmony’s Echo and look forward to reading the stories of the secondary characters, especially Jameson. It’s a story that lifts you up and makes you believe in the power of love.
Baby Stetson is the story of Avery (Baby Stetson) and Lucas. The two have their own pasts that keep them from trusting one another. My first thought was that fate brought them together, but you quickly learn fate had nothing to do with it. Nikki Lynn Barrett does a fabulous job of bringing a sweet story of girl’s love for the people who took her in as their own, and fueling it with intrigue by giving it a good dose of mystery.

Oh, and let’s not forget the steam! The attraction between Avery and
"Baby Stetson" is the story of Avery & Lucas. They both have issues in trusting one another because things that happened in their past. During the day, Avery works at the bed and breakfast where she was left in a Stetson hat when she was a baby. At night, she is a lead singer in a band called Baby Stetson.
Lucas is trying to start over in Harmony’s Echo, Texas. He has drifted from one trouble to the next. He ends up staying as a guest in her parent's Inn. He keeps running into Avery, and the
Joy Whiteside
This was a great read. I enjoyed this book from the moment that I picked it up.

Baby Stetson has a great story that will keep you entertained from beginning to end and has characters that no matter what you will fall in love with.

This is a must read.
Really good book

A great love story with a little mystery and drama. The love Avery has for her friends, family and the love of her life is so touching. The mystery is just what keeps you reading.
Peggy Kuntz
What a great book!

This book has it all...happy family, torn apart families, love, romance, suspense and drama. I could not put it down. I just bought the next book in the series and can't wait to read it. Get this book. You won't be disappointed.
Cherime MacFarlane
Sweet, easy to read and quite enjoyable. Enough mystery to keep you reading and a hunky BBF. Now for the rest of the series.
Jeanne Webb
Really fun read....

Humor, interesting characters and a mystery, what more can you ask for....throw in a tornado and country music and it all comes out perfect.....
Brandy Dorsch
What a fun and beautiful read! Just what I expect from Nikki! Avery was abandoned on the doorstep and has always wanted to know about her past. Nikki has a way of bringing you into a story. I love that Avery is a singer and feels as passionately as she does. I am not a huge fan of angsty drama and there were a few parts that reminded me of that. This is a sweet romance with some suspense and thrills wrapped up in it. I expect to see more great reads from this author and can’t wait to see what co ...more
The TBR Pile *Book review site*

This was a very well written book with great characters and a great story. It had a very good balance of romance, suspense and action. It is a page turner, with a good plot that keeps you guessing about all the characters true stories and their motives. Avery and Lucas is a lovely couple with great chemistry. They had some ups and downs on their way to their, albeit a little bit rushed, happily ever after.

this book is one that is all about the way the baby that left on a door step.she found her birth parents.
Loved this book!!!! All the secrecy during the first half nearly drove me crazy, but I was glad to note I was partially correct about the issues. Looking forward to the next one!
Patricia Gauthier
I just finished this book and I really liked it. I laughed and cried. Anyone that has been adopted needs to read this heartwarming story about both love and forgiveness. It really pulled at my heartstrings. Now I can't wait to read about Jameson! Nikki Lynn Barrett did a really excellent job of involving me in the story and I liked the plot twists and turns. It kept me engaged from cover to cover.
  • Heartstrings (Singing to the Heart book #1)
  • The Winemaker
  • Accidental Cowgirl (Whisper Creek, #1)
  • Betrothal (Time Enough To Love, #1)
  • Temping Is Hell (Necessary Evil, #1)
  • Rancher to the Rescue
  • Forgiveness (Redwood Pack, #4.7)
  • Love's Prophecy (Prophecy, #1)
  • The Smartest Girl in the Room (The New Pioneers, #1)
  • Secret Designs (Secret Dreams, #2)
  • Worst Week Ever (A Long Road to Love, #1)
  • You're Still the One (Made in Montana, #4)
  • Not Just Friends (Brookfield, #3)
  • Bad Cop (Immortalis, #2)
  • Love Waltzes In (Dancing under the Stars, #1)
  • Just a Cowboy and His Baby (Spikes & Spurs, #6)
  • Night with a Dom (1Night Stand, #96)
  • Roping Love (Circle R Ranch, #1)
I'm an avid lover of books. I wrote my first book by the 5th grade in one of those spiral one subject notebooks. I can't imagine a life without reading, writing, music, and photography. Aside from being an author, I'm a stay at home mom to a bright and bubbly little boy who has now just gone to preschool for the second year in a row.

I'm also a blogger and reviewer over at my blog, Storm Goddess B
More about Nikki Lynn Barrett...

Love and Music in Texas (3 books)
  • The Melody In My Head (Love and Music in Texas,#2)
  • The Key To My Heart (Love and Music in Texas #3)

“I want to feel again,” Lucas whispered, taking
the last few steps that bridged the distance between
them. “You make me feel something, and I need to
feel again.” His long arms encircled her waist. -Lucas Bennett”
“Shut up and kiss me, you fool,” she muttered
against his lips. “I want to help you feel.” -Avery Callimer”