Start by marking “Pas De Death (Dani Spevak Mystery Series #3)” as Want to Read:
Pas De Death (Dani Spevak Mystery Series #3)

Pas De Death (Dani Spevak Mystery #3)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  11 reviews
pas de deux (NOUN: pl. pas de deux)
1. A dance for two, especially a dance in ballet consisting of an entrée and adagio, a variation for each dancer, and a coda.
2. A close relationship between two people or things, as during an activity.

pas de death (NOUN: yeah ... totally made up)
1. A dance of death.
2. When Dani Spevak stumbles over a dead body and gets into another cr
Published March 22nd 2013 by Createspace (first published March 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Pas De Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pas De Death

Allison
I'd read the first two books earlier this year as part of a 2-book set. It's written for a younger audience than me (I'm in my 30s), but I still really enjoyed them both enough to pick up the third book.

And I'm really glad I did. This book featured a murder mystery for the first time (the other books featured sabotage and kidnapping), and the plot was cleverly written. It didn't have as much dancing as in the first two books because the heroine was home for the summer and going to physical thera
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
eARC Courtesy of NetGalley for honest review

Still recovering from her injury and broken heart Dani stumbles onto yet another mystery.

With the help of her friends, her grandma and Craig. (WHAT?...Yep just happens to be in NY at the same time).

While following the leads Dani steps into a world of trouble and thank goodness for Craig and the police her save the day.

I do like this series. They are quick with loads of mystery and drama which totally makes my YA self love but the adult in me wants more
Katrina Lantz
Amanda Brice's latest Dani Spevak mystery was released recently, and it is adorable!

That might seem like a strange way to describe a murder mystery, but you'll understand it in a minute. PAS DE DEATH is part of a series, but it works as a standalone because all previous relevant events are referenced in a way that keeps the reader in the loop. It is YA (young adult) and done in the first person humorous/light style a la Ally Carter (Gallagher Girls). In fact, there's even a funny part in the boo
Monica
Dani Spevak is 15 and studying to be a dancer. Even though she has to take the summer off to recover from a knee injury, Dani intends to spend as much time as she can with her friends at theManhattan Ballet Company. Little does she know her plans will be derailed when she finds the body of a popular blogger in an alley outside of the Company's building.

This fantastic murder mystery is told in a wonderfully authentic voice. There are pop culture references to the Kardashians, the Real Housewives
Itsjustme-wendy
Another great book in this series! This one was fun for me to read because my friend Jen won a contest or auction or something and got to be a character in this book who gets killed - fun fun! Well you certainly don't want to see your friends get killed in real life - but in a book - its OK!

Full of young, fun, quirky and outgoing characters, this book was very easy to get into. This whole series was very quick and easy to read. Nice books for a younger teen, like I said before I think I only saw
Beth Pond
I received a copy of this book through Net Galley in exchange for an unbiased review.

Pas De Death is part of a series in which a 15-year-old ballerina finds herself amidst a mystery, in this case, the murder of a young art critic and blogger, whose scathing reviews called for a big pool of suspects.

What worked: The killer was not predictable or at least not readily obvious from the very beginning, so the mystery aspect worked will. It wasn't the obvious choice, and when you realize who did it, t
Ellen
Originally posted on The Canon! (http://canireadeverything.blogspot.co...)

I don't know if I've ever described a murder mystery this way: Pas De Death is kind of...cute...

Yeah. That was strange.

Coming off of a J.D. Robb binge, Pas De Death was like eating cotton candy after Thanksgiving dinner. The biggest reason? The main character's personality. 15-year-old Dani is everything that a young aspiring - and currently injured - teenager/ballet dancer should be: spunky, young, innocent, and insanely
Trish at Between My Lines
3 Things you should know about Me

1. Ballet books are my auto-buy subject. God knows why, I’m a klutz with two left feet who struggles walking in high heels let alone on pointe.
2. I love whodunit books
3. I’m a blogger. Yes, I know if you are reading this on my blog that’s obvious but work with me here!

3 Things you should know about Pas De Death

1. The main character Dani Spevac is a ballet student.
2. Dani discovers a dead body in an alley, a girl who she had previously sat beside on a bus journey
Daniel
Clearly, as an older male, I am not the target audience for a book like this, but: 1) I really enjoy YA literature; 2) I like a good mystery; and 3) I studied dance, specifically ballet, in my younger days and still work in the entertainment industry. I guess that makes me part of the target audience after all.

This was a quick, easy read. Perhaps a little too easy for my tastes.

First, I never got a sense of urgency or impending death, despite the constant danger that our heroine, Dani Spevak, wa
Annice22
Courtesy from NetGalley for an honest review.

I thought this was a fun read. Dani Spevak a ballet student who was nursing a knee injury found herself in the middle of a mystery. Along the way she got a little help from her friends, her ex-boyfriend and her grandmother to help find the killer.

I enjoyed this, I just wish it was longer.
Lawmonkey
Fantastic Spevak mystery with typical naive Dani setting out to rumble a killer. I love how great her friends are after all she constantly gets herself into trouble! Looking forward to the next instalment, hopefully won't have to wait too long !
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
DynamicUno
DynamicUno marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Savannah
Savannah marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Lyn Jenkins
Lyn Jenkins marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Brandy
Brandy marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Daisy
Daisy marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Alexia
Alexia added it
Mar 09, 2015
Betty Macy
Betty Macy marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Stefanie
Stefanie marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Trisha
Trisha marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Twilightwatchers
Twilightwatchers marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Katie
Katie added it
Mar 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Braving the Brontes (Carly Keene: Literary Detective, #1)
  • Before (Betwixt, #0.5)
  • All I Want Is You
  • Altered (Altered Sequence, #1)
  • Veil Between Worlds
  • The Boy From The Woods
  • Finding Home
  • The Storm (The Rain, #2)
  • The Diamond Thief (The Diamond Thief, #1)
  • Midnight Dawn (Mortal Machine, #2)
  • Unaccompanied Minor
  • Mafia Girl
  • Thunderstone (Legacy in Legend, Book One)
  • Playing With Matches
  • A Lonely Magic
  • Drawn
  • Infandous
  • The Battle for Arcanon Major (The Lost Dacomé Files #1)
As a little girl, Amanda Brice dreamed of being either a ballerina or the author of a mystery series featuring a cool crime-solving chick named Nancy Flew, but her father urged her to “do something practical,” so she went to law school and spent her days writing briefs and pleadings instead of fiction.

But dance and writing have remained a part of her life. Amanda was a member of the ballroom dance
More about Amanda Brice...

Dani Spevak Mystery (3 books)
  • Codename: Dancer
  • Pointe of No Return
Codename: Dancer Pointe of No Return Barre Hopping at Midnight Nine Ladies Dancing: 12 Days of Christmas series (A Short Story) Short & Sweet (Four Fun & Flirty Tales)