Start by marking “King Solomon's Wives: Addicted” as Want to Read:
King Solomon's Wives: Addicted

King Solomon's Wives: Addicted

In the aftermath of a brutal, coordinated attack by male Hunters, the descendants of King Solomon’s harem have gone into hiding. Terrified, hungry, and mourning the loss of their Sisters, they live in fear and isolation, trying to avoid capture and hoping to find a way to reach each other.

Unaware of their plight is Sonya, a rogue Wife who ran away to Las Vegas when she vio
Published March 2013 by Coliloquy, LLC

To ask other readers questions about King Solomon's Wives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about King Solomon's Wives

Leylan
May 08, 2013 Leylan rated it it was amazing
Without skipping a beat, Holly McDowell does a great job picking up exactly where the reader leaves off in Hunted. I was instantly right smack in the middle of the book unable to put it down. In Addicted, we follow the story of Mina and Sonya, both on the run from the clan. Mina decides to leave the clan due to her pregnancy and the stricter regimen imposed on them by the ever watchful Dilara after the escape of Sumarra. Sumarra, who in this part is more of a ghost character than actually having ...more
LotusFlower
>*I DO NOT RECAP THE BOOKS IN MY REVIEWS, THAT IS WHAT THE BOOK DESCRIPTION IS FOR. NOR DO I HAVE SPOILERS*

You can read this review and many more kick ass reviews and other fun things at abitchandabook.blogspot.com.

Overall Rating
[image error]
This book was an incredible read. I was blown away so much by the storyline in the first book that I had to read this book right after the first one! It is so creative, I am impressed by the how the author created the ideas and wove it all together in t
Lilzgold
Jun 12, 2013 Lilzgold rated it really liked it
Wow. I feel like I should have seen that ending coming, but the last chapter completely caught me off guard. That happens a lot in this book - things come out of nowhere and surprise you.

This is a second book in a series, and in my review of the first book I said that the book would have benefitted from being longer. The first book builds up the story and gives background information really well, so when it comes to the second book (this one) the reader is thrown straight into the middle of eve
Jamie
Please note that this is the second of a series. Click here to see my review of this first volume.

Overall, I greatly enjoyed the story. It is very well written. We meet a new character, Sonya and we also get a lot of perspective from Mina. I pity these girls/young women for the life the lead. The moving, the secrecy, lack of trust, etc is sad to think about. It is no way to live. Yet it has been ground into them over the centuries. while Sonya has managed to break free, and Mina wishes to, there
 Marla
Glad to hear more of the story of the wives. Learning about the addiction details was sad but believable. This book is darker and sadder than Hunted, but I think it was a better episode.

I think Hunted should've been Part I, Addicted could've been Part II and the next book could be Part III and published in the same book. Not enough happens in these short episodes to be considered a full book.

Warning another cliffhanger ending.

With-reservations:
addiction, violence, torture, murder

For-review:
Recei
Pamala
Mar 31, 2013 Pamala rated it it was amazing
Id been eagerly awaiting this second installment in the King Solomon's Wives series and the waiting was not in vain. I love, love, love the history of the Wives, being descendants of Sheba whose touch is addictive. McDowell does such a wonderful job of weaving the present day struggles of the women with the ancient rules that govern their lives. It's so realistic that living in modern society where young women would want to be free to live within instead of without or outside the world at large, ...more
Tessa
Nov 18, 2013 Tessa rated it really liked it
I loved this follow-up to "Hunted." Holly McDowell does an amazing job of building a world that feels totally realistic; I didn't find myself questioning the more "fantastic" elements of the story, like the Wives' power to addict men with their touch and their memories that extend to generations past. I was completely pulled into the story - which is part thriller, part monomyth - and was especially impressed with the author's ability to create empathy for Wives like Dilara. By skipping back and ...more
Kaamna Bhojwani-dhawan
Mar 14, 2013 Kaamna Bhojwani-dhawan rated it it was amazing
I feel like every woman sometimes has to choose between what she wants to do and what she has to do. The story of Sonya and Ashe, their true love, his addiction to her touch, and the fact that she might have to sacrifice it all to save heir sisters is well.. addictive. I love the loyalty of the sisterhood, despite the harsh terms of its membership and can't help but feel sorry for the men that hunt them - soulless, and unable to love.
Book two is an apt sequel, taking us deeper into this unique
Tina
May 18, 2013 Tina rated it it was amazing
Oh, so good! I won't summarize the story, as other reviewers have done so nicely. This second installment skillfully cross-cuts between several rather harrowing contemporary storylines, with occasional flashbacks woven in. It's quite thrilling--I found myself rushing to find out what happened, and had to make myself slow down to savor it. Now I'm so anxious to read the NEXT installment. Yeah, I'm addicted. ;-)
Jennifer Ko
Mar 14, 2013 Jennifer Ko rated it it was amazing
I love this sequel to King Solomon's Wives: Hunted. Each chapter is so suspenseful, it was a definite page turner. The author introduces us to a new wife, Sonya who offers a unique perspective on being a Wife...or in her case, being the rebellious Wife. Holly continues to weave each Wife's history into their current day conflict. Can't wait to see what happens in the next book.
Michelle Mcroberts
Sep 03, 2014 Michelle Mcroberts rated it really liked it
I prefer to look at this episodic novel as one long novel...and so far the story is good. The plotline is interesting, and I connected fairly easily with most of the Wives.
Melonie
Apr 07, 2013 Melonie rated it it was amazing
Liked the first one.....loved this one! Each one has ended with a big cliffhanger! Can't wait
to see where the next one goes.
Darcy Conroy
Darcy Conroy rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2013
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2015
Trina
Trina rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2013
Hajjar Mohammed-herbert
Hajjar Mohammed-herbert rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2014
Jordan
Apr 09, 2013 Jordan rated it it was amazing
Dang, the ending really got me this time. I'm loving this series!
Jaime Tangredi
Jaime Tangredi rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2014
Brenda Cooper
Brenda Cooper rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2014
Jay
Jay rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Michael Ciagala
Michael Ciagala rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2013
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2013
Lisa Rutherford
Lisa Rutherford rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2014
Terri Tregarthen
Terri Tregarthen rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2016
Christopher
Christopher rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2013
Aimee
Aimee rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2013
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2013
Diane Schneidman
Diane Schneidman marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2013
Belinda King
Belinda King marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2013
Malia Kaanoi
Malia Kaanoi marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2013
Joella
Joella marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2013
Ove
Ove marked it as to-read
May 04, 2013
Teazia Cockburn
Teazia Cockburn marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2013
Andee
Andee marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2013
Sheyda
Sheyda marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2013
Louise  Tessier
Louise Tessier marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2013
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2013
Carmela
Carmela marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2013
Kalpana Gunti
Kalpana Gunti marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2013
M Santos
M Santos marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2013
Sana Khalidi
Sana Khalidi marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
Siti Zahira
Siti Zahira marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Jennifer Jimmerson
Jennifer Jimmerson marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Annette
Annette marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Holly McDowell lived in Colorado, Georgia and South Carolina before discovering the magical and inspiring city of Chicago. She can be spotted drinking glögg, searching for the world's best tapas bar and writing in coffee shops all over the windy city. King Solomon's Wives is her first novel.
More about Holly McDowell...