Start by marking “Playing for Keeps (The Game, #2)” as Want to Read:
Playing for Keeps (The Game, #2)

Playing for Keeps (The Game #2)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  4,874 ratings  ·  313 reviews
From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Emma Hart, comes the second book in The Game series, and the story everyone wanted after The Love Game…

She's in love with him.
He's trying not to love her.
One night changes everything.

Aston Banks never meant to get close to Megan Harper – not even for that one night. Haunted by a childhood he refuses to face, he knew
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 225 pages
Published June 22nd 2013 (first published June 13th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Playing for Keeps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playing for Keeps

Emma Hart
May 27, 2013 Emma Hart rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
'Cause, well, yeah. Naturally, I think it's bloody brilliant.
Anna
Nov 12, 2013 Anna rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Anna by: Jess
Aston ❤️❤️❤️ what a story!

Off to research some yummy goodness ....
Catarina
So, this second book is the story of Megan and Aston. If you remember, Megan is Braden’s best friend, practically a sister, and Aston is also one of Braden’s best friends.

Braden is very protective of Megan and Aston is a bit (being “bit” an understatement) of a playboy that jumps from girl to girl without even remember their names.
But when they get together one night, they can’t stay away from each other and so they start a secret relationship.

description

And as the time progresses, Megan’s starts to see
Mariℓina
4,5 Stars only for Ashton!!
Ashton, Ashton, Ashton!!!!!

He is perfect and i mean it with all of my heart. His past life was so cruel and he hides everything with putting up an act.. The act of a jerk but still it's all just a game to hide who he really is..

He is emotional, hot, gorgeous, smart, sexy, sensitive and broken..
And when he cries.. I want to cry with him..

Megan on the other hand had a great life so she doesn't have the same background with him.. Being on his side and helping him is great
Alessandra Thomas
Aston and Megan would be perfect for each other, except for two small problems - Aston's a man-whore, and Braden, Megan's best friend since childhood, knows it. Braden's like a brother to her, and even though Aston is his friend, he'd kill Aston before letting him tear Megan's heart out like he's done to a thousand other girls. There's just one problem - Megan's falling hard and fast for Aston, no matter how much Aston thinks she can find someone better.

Aston and Megan are magnetic. I loved Meg
Ava ~ BiblioBelles
I gave Playing For Keeps 3.5 Stars.

*I received an ARC in exchange for my honest review.*

I do look forward to a new release of Emma Hart's as I'm always guaranteed a fun, steamy New Adult love story and Playing for Keeps did not disappoint. In book one we met and loved Braden and Maddie so now it was Aston and Megan's turn.

Megan loved Aston from afar, even though she knew she shouldn't love the resident 'man whore' she couldn't help her feelings as Megan knew there was more to Aston than the pers
Milana
Apr 01, 2013 Milana marked it as to-read
Sounds like Megan's story :)
*fingers crossed*
Angie S
Apr 01, 2013 Angie S marked it as to-read
This is definitely Megan and Aston's book!!!!!
Anne OK
Aim for the moon, because even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. --Megan, from Playing for Keeps

If I hadn't liked this cast of characters so much in the beginning of this series and already been half-way in love with Aston, there would have been no hope that this book would work for me. But Aston's childhood horrors, the questions behind so much blame and guilt kept me reading, and of course, the hot and cocky bad boy attitude Aston exuded daily grabbed me from the first book in the seri
J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie*
3.5 SWEET and SAPPY Stars!!

Awwwwwww!

This book just made me smile. It was so sweet, and cute and sappy. :) It was NOT deep! But it was entertaining...and a quick read.

Playing for Keeps is book 2 in The Game series. The whole gang is back....Braden and Maddie (featured in The Love Game), Lila and Ryan, Kay (the bi-sexual friend) and Aston and Megan. PfK is Aston and Megan's story. These are standalone books, and while I did read The Love Game, I still found myself a little confused about the dynam
Heather andrews
Out of all of Emma's books this one has to be my favorite. Aston sweet baby Jesus I love him, "you're not being attacked." Aston mutters against my mouth. "Unless you want it." He has a cocky jerk side, "I think you're wrong," he whispers. "Because I'm pretty sure you said you wanted me on Saturday night - right before you dug those nails of yours into my back and wrapped your pretty little legs around my waist." Aston and Megan's relationship is a work in progress through out the whole book, bo ...more
Priya Kanaparti
I can honestly say, the love game series is one of my fav by Emma Hart and this story if Ashton and Meg is better than the first book! Full review to come soon for the blog tour.

Just buy this book when it comes out. Mhhmm okay? Okay!

*** I got an ARC copy of this book from the author in return for my honest opinion***

In book one we get introduced to Megan as the girl that’s the mastermind behind getting her two best friends together. She had this witty personality and great comebacks. In this bo
Adriana {Biblio Belles}
I fell in love with Emma's writing after reading book 1 in The Game series, The Love Game and I could not wait to finally read Aston's and Megan's story!

Megan has been in love with Aston for months now, but she knows that it is almost impossible for something to happen between them. Why? Because Aston is best friends with Braden, who is extremely over-protective of Megan and loves her like a sister. Aston has been warned not to go there with Megan or he will get his sexy behind kicked.

All Megan
Karla
I really just felt like the book was trying too hard. By trying to be so emotional and deep, a lot of the book came across as contrived. Don’t get me wrong, one of the more entertaining things I’ve read in a long time.
And a couple of nitpicks:
1. Grammar, typos and wrong words in the wrong places galore! This book could use a serious editing.
2. Writing about a place the author clearly isn’t familiar with. For example, they keep commenting on Aston’s high school GPA of 3.8 and calling him smart,
Tara
Meh, I just wasn't feeling this book. I was bored by 40% but because I usually like this authors writing (The love game & Never Forget) I wanted to finish.

My problem was - Nothing really happens and i felt that the whole book just dragged. The characters meander back and forth too much and there were meaningless chapters which didn't aid the plot or further the story. There was a lot of typos and it was off putting having to constantly go back and re-read sentences/paragraphs.

I did like th
Kelli C for "Cross"
I really like Emma Hart! I was a fan of Maddie and Brayden...but Megan was always a fave of mine! this could have easily been a book filled with shit moments and cheating...lots of man drama, but it was not! instead it was a really emotional love story with two characters embracing one another and proving to everyone that what they have is worth it. Aston is the girl playing frat boy who is secretly shaped by his traumatic past. He feels nothing, he wants nothing! Then there is Megan...she makes ...more
Cathy~❤️
3.5-4 Stars

Cute story, Aston had a messed up childhood that keeps him from having a real relationship with a women. He just picks a girl on the weekends, sleeps around and feels happy with what he is doing until his best friend Brayden goes out of town and he ends up sleeping with Brayden other BF Megan which Brayden considers her as his sister. Aston knows that Megan should be off limits but can help how she makes him feel. For the first time, Aston wants more from a women then just sex but is
Martina
Když mi přišel do ruky druhý díl této úspěšné série, z počátku jsem byla zklamaná. Kniha je celkem tenká a necelých dvě stě stránek, je pro mě jako zhltnutí maliny. Zklamaná jsem byla zbytečně, protože příběh mi to náležitě vynahradil. Vtipně a svižně napsaný děj, prostořeké postavy a krásný chlapi, co víc si přát? Hrej tajně je příjemná oddechovka na jedno odpoledne. Než se nadějete zjistíte, že jste u konce. Kupodivu Vám to nevadí, protože příběh je velmi mile zakončen a Vy si po dočtení se sp ...more
Mary
Book 2....and this second book is the story of Megan and Aston. In book 1, Megan is Braden’s best friend, practically a sister, and Aston is also one of Braden’s best friends and frat brothers. Braden is very protective of Megan and has threatened everyone in his frat house to stay away from Megan, specifically Aston--Braden's other BFF and frat house mate. But one weekend while Braden and Maddie are out of town, Aston and Megan hook-up. Aston is of course one of the campus sluts, sleeping with ...more
Lisa
Megan is my favorite secondary character in Love Game, so I'm kind of excited that she gets her own book. I enjoyed her banter with Aston, and love how their relationship developed. Though I don't agree with the whole keeping-it-a-secret-from-Braden thing, I think it's unnecessary, but because I love the characters so much I just rolled with it, LOL.

A fun read.
Austlyn
MEGAN <3's ASHTON and I want to read about it like yesterday!!!!!

Cute, not as good as I expected, but CUTE!
Lindsey
Hoping this is Megan's story! And that we see another side of Aston! Way excited about this one!!!
Petra Sýkorová
První díl téhle new adult série nebyl postavený na žádní převratné myšlence a bylo docela jasné, jak kniha nejspíš skončí, přesto se mi četla hezky. Když jsem se dozvěděla, že bude mít celkově další tři mladší bratříčky, byla jsem zvědavá, koho si autorka vybere. Tedy první pár se dal po dočtení The Love Game docela dobře odhadnout, ale stále jsou mi záhadou další dvě knihy.

Megan je už dlouho beznadějně zamilovaná do nejlepšího kamaráda svého nejlepšího kamaráda. Problémem je nejen to, že je one
Alexandra
I was lucky enough to win an e-ARC of this book in a giveaway, and I was finally able to dive in last night. Even though I finished The Love Game in one sitting, I had no idea that I'd finish Playing for Keeps the same way. I honestly expected to read some last night, and probably finish it today, but the book obviously had other plans for me. You know, like staying up until four in the morning, consumed by Aston and Megan's story; but hey, I'm not complaining.

I fell in love with Megan in The Lo
Ashley
Jan 10, 2015 Ashley rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: arc
AMAZING!!! Simply amazing...I am still reeling from the story line.

Oh my! Everything I said about the first book in doubly true for this book. In the first book Megan and Aston were my favorite characters and I am SO SO glad that I got to learn so much more about them. In life I am a lot like Megan and I think that is why I was so drawn to her character. The best part of this book however was learning so much more about Aston.

I loved her use of classic literature in this book as well. I felt a k
Riki
Playing for Keeps is the second novel in The Game series and tells the story of Megan and Aston. Sweet and careful Megan is overly protected by her best friend Braden (the leading man from The Love Game) and can't admit that she's in love with bad-boy Aston. Aston's bravado is covering up a painful past and he never means to get involved with Megan. One night together changes everything.

I really enjoyed the first book in this series, The Love Game and wanted to like this book, but it ultimately
Jess
"Mommy?" I whispered into the silent darkness. I was scared. Alone and scared. Where was my mommy? Why wasn't she home yet? I rubbed at my eyes to stop myself from crying. I wanted Mommy to come home before he did."

Did that get your attention? Good.

Aston is a beautiful grown man who uses sex and cockiness as a way to forget a tragic childhood... but when he is alone in bed at night he curls into a ball, shaking, crying and tries to remind himself that monsters don't exist that they aren't under
Chelsea

Playing for Keeps was so heart warming and one of the sweetest books I have red in a while.

Megan has a huge thing for Ashton but the only problem is Ashton's best friend is her best friend/ Brotherly figure Braden who gives a new meaning to the word protective. Ashton goes through girls quickly and uses them as an escape to forget things in his past, but after one night with Megan he can't go back and he soon realizes he can't go forward without hurting his best friend Braden.

Megan and Ashton w
Tamsyn Bester
Ok, I’m going to get real – Emma Hart kicked it up a notch in Playing For Keeps. I loved The Love Game, but I thought there was so much more to Aston and Megan’s story to fall in love with.
Megan and Aston act as if they can’t stand each other but one night changes that when they realise that they can’t resist each other. Although having a secret relationship is challenging, Megan and Aston really believe they are doing the best thing by keeping it quiet, especially from her over-protective best
Aston and Megan's Book? 4 68 Jul 14, 2013 02:05AM
  • By Referral Only (Whitman University, #2)
  • Redesigned (Off the Subject, #2)
  • Subject to Change (Picturing Perfect, #2)
  • Beautiful Broken Mess (Broken, #2)
  • Gravity Happens (Forcing Gravity, #2)
  • Off Limits (Off, #2)
  • Delayed Penalty (Crossing the Line, #1)
  • More (Before You Go, #2)
  • Glass Hearts (Hearts, #2)
  • Kade (Resisting Love, #2)
  • Before Now (Sometimes Never, #2)
  • Perfect Regret (Bad Rep, #2)
  • Wrong Kind of Love (Young Love, #4)
  • Silver Heart
  • This Heart of Mine (Raine, #3)
  • Limits (Silver Strand, #3)
  • Chaotic (Imperfection, #1)
  • Girl on Tour (Kylie Ryans, #2)
By day, New York Times and USA Today bestselling New Adult author Emma Hart dons a cape and calls herself Super Mum to a terrible two year old and growing bump, due September 2013. By night, she drops the cape, pours a glass of juice and writes books.
She likes to write about magic, kisses and whatever else she can fit into the story. Sarcastic, witty characters are a must. As are hot guys. Emma is
More about Emma Hart...

The Game (5 books)
  • The Love Game (The Game, #1)
  • The Right Moves (The Game, #3)
  • Worth the Risk (The Game, #4)
  • The Right Moves & Worth The Risk (The Game, #3-4)
The Love Game (The Game, #1) Never Forget (Memories, #1) Late Call (Call, #1) Final Call (Call, #2) Always Remember (Memories, #2)

“You don't have anything to be jealous of, because I'm here and not there.” 6 likes
“There's nothing inside, baby. I'm fucking empty” 4 likes