Start by marking “Heart of Stone” as Want to Read:
Heart of Stone

Heart of Stone (Frontiera #1)

He's an ex-space pirate who's changed his wicked ways ... or has he?

On the wild planet of Frontiera, Rose Thorne is out to save her brother. But when she holds his disreputable boss at gunpoint, Stone Masterson shows her just how ruthless he can be ... and how tender. With space pirates on the loose, is she safe in his arms, or is she just another pawn in his struggle to r
Published January 27th 2013 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc

To ask other readers questions about Heart of Stone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart of Stone

Grim by M.K. EidemRal's Woman by Laurann DohnerVenomous by Penelope FletcherThe Last Hour of Gann by R. Lee SmithBerrr's Vow by Laurann Dohner
Alien & Earth woman romance/erotica
214th out of 590 books — 610 voters
Obsidian by Jennifer L. ArmentroutOpal by Jennifer L. ArmentroutOnyx by Jennifer L. ArmentroutOrigin by Jennifer L. ArmentroutThe Host by Stephenie Meyer
Best Alien Romance
265th out of 360 books — 602 voters

More lists with this book...

Kelly
May 03, 2013 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Man, this book hit the spot. I can't remember the last time I picked up a sexy sci-fi book and this one made me giddy with sexy sci-fi joy. It's hard not to fall for a book with characters as fun as this.

Stone... Stone, Stone, Stone. I like his devil-may-care attitude and his ability to seduce the panties right off of Rose. Honestly, I just liked the guy. He might be a little rough around the edges but he goes after the things he wants and he doesn't leave his lady unfulfilled. I appreciate that
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
I really enjoyed this book. Not only is Stone hot and sexy but he sure knows how to get what he wants right from the beginning of the story. Even though Rose wanted to get information on her brothers whereabouts but she got more than she bargained for and yum on that part.
Lyndi
Nov 06, 2013 Lyndi rated it liked it
This was kind of a non-entity, if that makes sense. There was nothing special about it in any way. But I kept reading because it wasn't bad. I just wouldn't say it was good, either. It was just kinda there. It happened.

And I feel like this is the worst sort of review I could possibly give. I would rather a book make me rage uncontrollably than leave me feeling nothing at all. But that may actually be due to the fact that I then have a legit reason to bitch and moan in a review - we all know how
Jolie Mason
Sep 21, 2016 Jolie Mason rated it it was amazing
Pretty doggone good

It starts off a little wild, but Cade soon paints a world that requires a little wild. To survive there, you need a willingness to go all in. And the hero, squee.

He's everything you expect a reformed pirate to be, and more. I live that she saved herself. More of that, please.

Just really enjoyed this series starter. I will be getting the next one.
Lara
May 25, 2015 Lara rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
I'm giving this three stars just because it held my attention and was very hot, although maybe it should be 2.5 based on the huge power imbalance between hero and heroine. Rose is way too inexperienced and sheltered, despite her sexy bar uniform. She's soft and sweet while Stone is a business magnate with a murky past. He's super alpha and manipulates Rose into sex more than once. She's dumb enough to go along, but since she already had the hots for him it's not a big deal. The whole, I'm going ...more
Caro
Mar 31, 2016 Caro rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, own
A pretty good read. Great characters that were strong and fun to follow. Great imagination and creativity, emotions, suspense and some action, hope and a super-duper ending. Can't wait to read more and wanting to see what happens with Jark. Good for passing time in a sitting or something to read in-between or for waiting times. Enjoy!
Susan (susayq ~)
May 27, 2013 Susan (susayq ~) rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, 2013books, pirates
Space pirates - yummy! This was a great little read set on an alien planet with all types of space craft and alien beings. I wish it would have been longer. I'll read more by this author :)
Cheryl Z
Sep 30, 2016 Cheryl Z rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the story of Stone and Rose. Loved the fact that Rose was a strong willed woman who went for what she wanted. Will definitely read the next book.
eRomantix
May 30, 2013 eRomantix rated it really liked it
Original post at http://eromantix.com/wordpress/

Set in the future on a planet that is being colonized on the outer reaches of space. Rose follows her brother there who is looking for new opportunities. Rose's brother starts working for the leader of the colony Stone Masterson. being an ex-pirate means that Stone has a very bad reputation. However when Rose's brother goes missing she confronts Stone to find out what has happened to him.

Stone is willing to help Rose but needs a little incentive. H
Julie
Stone Masterson is the kind of powerful, successful male in every girl's dream. However, this alpha also oozes danger and sex appeal in unfathomable amounts. Rose, despite her terrific fear, decides to beard the lion in his den in order to find the whereabouts of her lost brother from the one person who would know his last destination, his boss. Oh, she's heard all of the rumors of his sordid criminal past and present, but her brother is the last family she has left, and she will risk all to ...more
Dena
A woman who views a man from a distance and instantly wants him. she knows he is a bad boy and a womanizer but for one night she doesn't care. She knows he will never return her affection and will move on once he is throught but for the moment she doesn't care.

The guy is a rogue and lives by his own rules. He is not interested in a long term relationship or a family. he is in to deep of his dark lifestyle to be pulled in by a woman.

These 2 come together and it is like the fourth of July and I co
Helen Jessica Mays
Sep 07, 2016 Helen Jessica Mays rated it liked it
A simple fast read but there was not much of a romance. It was too short for the development of the romance I guess. So it was like, they had sex, they had an adventure, the guy was rich, she wanted commitment, he didn't, then he did and took her.
Sandy
I'm so surprised how much I liked this book! I don't usually read sci-fi but chose this book for a reading challenge and I'm so glad I did. Rose Thorne is looking for her brother, and shows up at Stone Masterson's home to find out where he is - rumors are he's working for the former space pirate. Stone turns the tables on the Rose and they end up in bed - and Rose knows she's been ruined for any other man. This is a short, fast-paced story of how a sweet pastry chef wins the heart of a ruthless ...more
Lynetta
Nov 28, 2013 Lynetta rated it really liked it
Heart of stone is an enjoyable, quick read. It connects with the part of us that desires something meaningful only to deny its existence. I enjoyed the match between Stone Masterson and Rose Thorn. Stone uses his experience to draw Rose into his bed . His thoughts were for the moment but who can know a man's own spirit. As is common, Stone looks at Rose and sets out to snare her whereas Rose looks at Stone and acknowledges her own willingness to become ensnared yet she questions her reasoning. ...more
Corinne
Jul 29, 2015 Corinne rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
I'm not entirely sure what it was, but there was something about this quick read that I really enjoyed. The beginning was a bit of a hurdle for me because it jumps right into an explicit scene without much set up of the story. Once the story progressed and Cade added some story, plot and world building to the sex, it became highly enjoyable. It had some excellent world building as the story progressed and Stone's character was very dynamic. Rose was a bit naive in the typical damsel fashion, but ...more
Kristiej
Oct 31, 2015 Kristiej rated it really liked it
I’ve always enjoyed SciFi/Futuristics and it’s been a while since I’ve read one so when I saw this was free for Kindle I went for it. Though it was quite short at 116 pages, I enjoyed it. Stone was an alpha type who rose to the level of success he has through a life of crime before he went straight. Rose is the sister of one of his employees and goes to him to find out why her brother is missing and where he is. She is more on the innocent type and Stone is quite attracted to that.
This was a new
'Q' aka CoCo
Mar 16, 2015 'Q' aka CoCo rated it liked it
Hmm...

I don't feel very strongly about this book one way or the other. The h seeks out H out of worry for her brother, sparks fly, he pushes her away for her own safety only to realize later he can't live without her, then voila! HEA. It's a sweet, quick read with some mild to semi hot sex scenes. I just couldn't connect to any of the characters. The whole book had a very detached narrative feel to it. Even as the H was pouring his heart out, describing his worst memory in what is supposed to be
Kelee Morris
Jun 30, 2016 Kelee Morris rated it liked it
Cade has a strong grasp of prose and can write a memorable sex scene, which makes this novella a mostly entertaining read. I liked Rose's pluck and determination, but I wish Stone Masterson was a more original character instead of a Hans Solo retread. The story did feel like it petered out after the climatic battle scene. I knew exactly what was going to happen, which made getting to the end a bit of a chore.
Sophia
Jan 21, 2014 Sophia rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
Light space adventure, touch of humor, hot passion on the frontier of a new world far from the ravaged earth. Characters weren't deeply developed, but their dialogue and actions were engaging and enjoyable. Heroine is naive and impulsive and hero is gutsy and adventuresome. The blend of action and passion worked for this lighter read. Look forward to more from this author.
Willow Sanders
I dont usually read Sci_Fi books. I downloaded this because it was free on Kindle - and it was part of a challenge for a Goodreads group read.. and I'm pleasantly surprised. The book was well paced, had good tension and a fabulous plot. I will most definitely be checking out the next in the series!
Clarke
3.5 Stars. A surprisingly good short story. Had a bit of action and angst. Rose was a strong character but still vulnerable.

If you like a quick adult read, with a strong man, a bit of danger, and a brave female this book is for you.
Cheesecake
I enjoy Cathryn Cade's books. This is the second one that I've read. Her books are an easy but satisfying read. My only complaint with this one is that I hate heroines who cry a lot.
But hey, that's a personal preference.
Looking forward to the next one in the series.
Jennifer Erwin
Nov 02, 2015 Jennifer Erwin rated it really liked it
Wow! I had not heard of this author until I read this book. She blew me away with how much I got sucked into her book. Drama, tension, lovable scoundrels, tears, laughs, Ms. Cade sucked me in good. I will definitely be reading more of her work.
Kim
Feb 23, 2014 Kim rated it liked it
Cute quick read

Even though it is suppose to be in space, it could have just been a future story. Not much syfy involved. The story was good & the characters were likable. Cute & quick.
Apr 14, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it
Very cute. Not at all hard, but right from the beginning it had a soft and playful feel to it. And it had a sweet ending. Though the story was more the 'romance' than a plot, but there was some action slipped in there!
Shaly
Oct 21, 2013 Shaly rated it liked it
Shelves: cathryn-cade
Really sexy and extremely hot, likable characters. Well written, I wished there was more action but overall it was a nice quick read.
Dec 14, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it
Can't believe I had this little gem sitting on my kindle for so long without me reading it! And it was a free ebook!!!

Pansy
Pansy rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2013
  • The Demon Of Synar (Forced To Serve, #1)
  • Beneath a Trojan Moon (The Phoenix Adventures, #4)
  • Her Cyborg Awakes (Diaspora Worlds, #1)
  • Alien Revealed (The Confederacy Treaty, #1)
  • Anja's Star (Outer Settlement Agency, #1)
  • Taken by the Storm (Ontarian Chronicles, # 1)
  • Blood Will Tell (Gaian Consortium, #2)
  • Queen of Starlight (Sheerspace, #1)
  • Warlord's Bounty (Barbarian Claims, #1)
  • Born (B Cubed #1)
  • Stranded with the Cyborg (Cy-Ops Sci-fi Romance, #1)
  • Lucy in the Sky
  • Legend Beyond the Stars (The Darkon Warrior Series #1)
  • Mercenary Instinct (Mandrake Company, #1)
  • The Perfect Creation (Creations #1)
  • Aries Revealed (Zodiac Cyborgs, #2)
  • Mating Urge (A World Beyond, #0.5)
  • Hotter on the Edge (Hotter on the Edge #1)
I write red hot sci fi, contemporary & contemporary paranormal romance, inviting you along on a heart-pounding ride with heroes who are more than men, and can only be tamed by the greatest force in the universe … love.
More about Cathryn Cade...

Frontiera (2 books)