Start by marking “From the Dust #1: The Last King of Judah” as Want to Read:
From the Dust #1: The Last King of Judah

From the Dust #1: The Last King of Judah

From the Dust is a serial graphic novel that tells the tragic story of the Old Testament from the hope-filled perspective of characters in the Book of Mormon.

From the Dust is a powerful entertainment tool that bridges the gap between ancient scripture and modern life. It is the perfect entertainment for Latter-day Saint families with children who want to promote interest a
Published February 2013 by Spider Comics

To ask other readers questions about From the Dust #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From the Dust #1

Michael
Feb 07, 2013 Michael rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote this book and illustrated every image in it in an effort to create an entertainment tool for Latter-day Saint families to use to educate young readers (and their parents) on the beauties and complexities of ancient scripture.
Mary
Mar 03, 2013 Mary rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Mary by: the author
I was expecting just a comic book. What I got was the back story to the fall of Jerusalem, character studies, a bit of a Hebrew lesson, advice on drawing and beautiful artwork.

I was expecting a simple re-telling of the Book of Mormon. What I got caused me to be more interested in reading the Bible, particularly the Book of Jeremiah and wanting more.

I was expecting to buy one for myself. What I got was enough to share with friends and family.
Jean-Jacq
Sep 20, 2015 Jean-Jacq rated it it was amazing
Awesome comic :) A bit short, but I guess I've never really read comics before, so they're probably all like that. I liked how seemingly mundane stories could be brought to life in full colour, full action, and full over-reaction, lol. I also liked the background of the comic and that the author has a solid knowledge of the stories he's writing about.
Adam
Mar 05, 2013 Adam rated it it was amazing
I love the new take on LDS scripture. The artwork is amazing and it's well thought out. There are many good things to come in this series I hope. This book was a very good introduction.
Devin Barney
Mar 02, 2013 Devin Barney rated it it was amazing
Not only is the artwork amazing but I love how much information is presented. This issue felt very educational as the author introduced the story that will develop in future issues.
Alvin O'neal
Mar 01, 2013 Alvin O'neal rated it it was amazing
Wow. Just Wow. What an amazingly entertaining and educational piece of interpretive art! I'm very impressed and I can't wait for the second issue!
Nate
Nate rated it it was ok
Mar 18, 2016
Karen P
Karen P marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Angie Hill
Angie Hill rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2014
Gregory Swarthout
Gregory Swarthout rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2015
Myla
Myla marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2013
John
John marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2013
Mar Davis
Mar Davis rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2013
Andi
Andi marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Lauren Roundy
Lauren Roundy marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013