Start by marking “Haunted Waters (Red Rock Mysteries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Haunted Waters (Red Rock Mysteries, #1)

Haunted Waters (The Red Rock Mysteries #1)

Watch out! The Timberline twins are on the loose. Bryce and Ashley are ATV-riding tweens from Colorado who unearth action-packed mystery and adventure wherever they go. From clearing the name of a local miscreant to thwarting a gold-stealing heist, the twins' growing faith and the strong example of their parents guide them through even the most life-threatening situations. ...more
Published May 11th 2012 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published January 1st 2005)

Rivka Ray
I'm particularly fond of this series because I would read them aloud with my sister. I think I connected to the books because the siblings in it shared a bond like the one I shared with my sister. Their relationship was so real! We would spend half as much time laughing as we did reading! We would stay up late at night to finish these books. That was when Mom worked night shift, so we didn't have to worry about waking anyone with our laugher. I wish I could live those times over again!!
Jill Williamson
May 29, 2013 Jill Williamson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bryce and Ashley Timberline are thirteen-year-old twins. They haven’t lived in Colorado long, and they’re still getting to know their new stepfather, Sam. When Sam takes them on a vacation to see the biggest gold nugget, it seems like a chance to get to know him better. But when the gold nugget is stolen and someone starts following them around, their nice vacation weekend turns into a deadly chase.

This was a fun read. The story was told from Bryce and Ashley’s points of view. The chapters are s
Ashley
Mar 23, 2008 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ALL preteens and young teens
Shelves: christian-books
After reading this book, the first in the series, I was anxious to move onto the next. The main characters, Ashley and Bryce, who are siblings, have a remarkable relationship, one to die for.

I do have to say that this is not like the Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys series where you can just pick any randon book and be able to follow it. In this series, it is necassary that you follow the story line, so to obtain all the lessons. Therefore, it is essential to go in order of the series. Enough said, you
Jerry
Oct 12, 2016 Jerry rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A decent story, but the annoyingly choppy formatting and constant perspective switching ruined it for me. The ending is a shocker, but I don't want to trudge through another volume of this mess to find out where the story goes.
Elizabeth
Feb 22, 2011 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW WHAT A CLIFF HANGER!!! I love this series!! :)
David
Feb 08, 2017 David rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would consider this to be a page turner! It was a very interesting and suspenseful story. It has quite a twist at the end that I didn't see coming.
Beverly
Adventure, excitement and danger seemed to follow Ashley and Bryce Timberline wherever they go. First, their dad died in a mysterious accident. Then they moved to Colorado with their mom and baby brother so they could start their lives over. It was in Colorado that their mom met and fell in love with Sam (Bryce and Ashley call him The Cowboy), who has a daughter age 16. Ashley and her twin are 13. Their baby brother is only four.

Being in a blended family was tough for a teen. So one weekend, Sa
Anne-Marie Shaffer
It's a cute kids mystery series, but it isn't edge-of-your-seat stuff.
Lis K
Jul 16, 2014 Lis K rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first in a series about thirteen year old fraternal twins, Bryce and Ashley. In this first book, we learn their backstory. Their father died in a plane crash while their mother was pregnant with their younger brother, Dylan. Since then, they've moved from Illinois to Colorado, their mother re-married, and they became Christians. This is a fast-paced book which has the usual tribulations that tweens experience as well as a mystery that seems to follow them. Bryce is bullied in school ...more
Soleil
Jun 13, 2013 Soleil rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Back Cover: Watch out! The Timberline twins are on the loose. Bryce and Ashley are ATV-riding tweens from Colorado who unearth action-packed mystery and adventure wherever they go. From clearing the name of a local miscreant to thwarting a gold-stealing heist, the twins' growing faith and the strong example of their parents guide them through even the most life-threatening situations. With the trademark page-turner style used by Jerry Jenkins and Chris Fabry in the Left Behind: The Kids series, ...more
Elizabeth
Jul 29, 2014 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Haunted Waters is the first book in the Red Rock Mystery series and I found it to be a nice mystery that should appeal to any young reader. In this book, readers are introduced to the main characters: twins Bryce and Ashley who have had some rough times in their 13 years. Their father was killed in a plane crash, their mother remarried and they must get used to having an older step-sister and step-father. To make things a little harder on them, they move to a new place (Colorado), go to a new sc ...more
Louise Pearson
Jul 14, 2014 Louise Pearson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great story about fraternal twins whose father has died and they move with their mother, little brother, and new husband out west where they are bullied by some guys in their new school. Their new stepdad gives them new walkie-talkies and four wheelers to drive to school, takes them to see a rare gold nugget in Gold Town and do some shopping for food while their mother tries to complete her new book. While they were in the store, the owner got upset when Bryce takes a picture of the go ...more
Rhonda
Jun 15, 2012 Rhonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 STARS
This was a fun short adventure novel with a ending that makes you want to get the next
book. I got this book from Amazon.
Love the characters. Seem real to me and kept my attention.
A mom and her three kids move to colorado. She is a writer and has a new husband.
Her first husband was killed in a plane crash. She was pregnant with thier third child
at the time. The oldest are twins.Ashley and Bryce Timberline they are 13.
They now have a older step sister and a new stepfather.
Thier is a bully a
Glenn Haggerty
Nov 22, 2013 Glenn Haggerty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thirteen-year-old twins Ashley and Bryce Timberline’s mother remarries and the family relocates from the Midwest to Colorado. Attempting to integrate their blended family, stepfather, Sam, takes Ashley and Bryce to a remote mountain cabin get away where a mysterious intruder stalks the twins. After Sam scares the man off, they discover a priceless gold nugget was stolen from the museum they’d visited earlier in the day, and they surmise a connection. But what does the stalker want? The man retu ...more
Abby Jensen
May 30, 2013 Abby Jensen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read part of this series a few years ago. It's geared towards younger youth, but I enjoy a good mystery or adventure. I enjoyed the aspect of seeing the story unfold from both Ashley's and Bryce's point of view. The basic storyline is good, and Jerry Jenkins has a way of making the action scenes come to life. The only part I wasn't thrilled with, was the actually mystery. In reading the description of it being "action packed mystery", I guess I was expecting a little more. The mystery they wer ...more
Rebekah
I don't love it based on my own enjoyment of the story. After I outgrew the Boxcar children books, I was never an avid mystery series reader. But I like it because the series has gotten my reluctant-to-read 7th grade student excited. It's fast paced, easy to understand, the chapters are short (really short, which I think makes it less intimidating for a reluctant reader), the characters are decent young people.

The series apparently is very connected, which is why it ends with a cliff-hanger, aft
Renn Shearin
Jun 23, 2014 Renn Shearin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Haunted Waters is Book 1 in the Red Rock Mystery Series by Jerry B. Jenkins and Chris Fabry, and it is a wonderful read for children ages 8-12 and even those who are older. The plot line is interesting and contains elements of mystery, suspense, and danger that keep the reader riveted to the pages. The ending is an exciting cliffhanger that makes the reader anxious for more. I read this series several years ago, but the entire series is very enjoyable, suspenseful, and includes the importance of ...more
Crystal
Aug 27, 2016 Crystal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 10+
Recommended to Crystal by: Grandma
This was an amazing book to read! It was filled with adventure, while putting God into the story as well. I'd only say that this book could be scary for 9 year-olds and younger.

I am now left on a cliffhanger... and I can't get the next book right now! -_-
A small excerpt from almost at the end of the book:
(view spoiler)
Kris
Jul 01, 2014 Kris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book for tweens! The story view point alternates mostly between that of Bryce, a thirteen year old boy, and Ashley, his twin sister. The two have had lots of changes in their lives – the birth of a younger brother when they were 9, the death of their father, moving to Colorado, getting a stepfather, and becoming Christians. In this book they encounter a bully, deal with doing the right thing even when peer pressure says otherwise, and have someone who wants them dead! Lots of action. Unfor ...more
Mrs
Jun 10, 2014 Mrs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun Story, Lots of Action; I think these two are excellent authors. I enjoyed the story and the characters. The humor was gentle and the dialogue was polite, just the way I like it. It was an exciting adventure, albeit a touch frightening with the life-threatening scenarios. I would have had nightmares for life if I went through those, and I'm considerably older than 13. The authors have great imagination. I gave it four stars because of the cliffhanger ending, forcing the reader to buy the next ...more
Ruth Sophia

The dual narrative is a neat feature, but it causes really short chapters. The narrative itself isn't bad. The story isn't wrapped up neatly with this book, though, you need to keep reading in the series (I assume, I've only read this first book) for some details to be concluded. There is definitely a cliff hanger at the end of the book that will probably floor kids, but about which adults will likely be able to take some decent guesses. Overall, I recommend.
Brittany
This is a great kids book. I read this with my son for his book club and we both loved it. It is the beginning of a very exciting series, which we have read a few of the books from. Even my teenage daughter got into the series.

I enjoyed how the storytelling switched back and forth between the two siblings. It had some very suspenseful sections without being too scary. Just the right balance and a great mystery.
Emily
Feb 22, 2016 Emily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen-young-adult
The Red Rock mysteries are about 13-year-old twins living in Colorado and solving mysteries while adjusting to their new step family. The alternating points of view between Ashley and Bryce make it interesting, but the chapters are very short. The mysteries are good, however, and almost unbelievable sometimes, but it does keep you wanting to read more! Overall, I did enjoy these, and would recommend them for ages 11-14
Megan Fuller
Nov 20, 2013 Megan Fuller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. Read it with my 6th grader for school, and then read the next 5 books. He is on book 12. What a wonderful series; I love that there are tough issues the twins need to handle in each book, but that they put their trust in God and are able to face their challenges. I love that the characters see different perspectives on situations, and I really feel my children are benefiting from reading this, as they learn ways to handle spiritual issues and life's lessons.
Frans Karlsson
A mystery about a missing gold nugget. The story switches between different characters both the twins and one bad guy. A bit messy story where the author tries to input a good message in the story but this was not really succesful. Exiting story the whole mystery part but it left many open questions and the bad guy was not even really important, it could have been anybody.
Belle
Dec 05, 2011 Belle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the better books by Jerry B Jenkins. It's a story about 2 teen twins, and their lives with a stepfather and stepsister. They love to solve mysteries, and get into lots of scrapes. I really liked this book, because it is about kids my age, and their struggles in their lives. It gives me inspiration. :)
Selah Bell
Dec 05, 2011 Selah Bell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rebecca
Good mystery/thriller for kids! I liked the main characters, though I could have done with a little less bouncing back and forth between viewpoints. The plot was set up well and satisfied, but watch out for the cliffhanger ending! As designed, I will be looking for the second book to determine what happens there…
Tanderton
Dec 16, 2011 Tanderton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about twins who have lost their father in a plane crash travelling to England. I think it is a really good book. It is really inspirational to me how much they have lost but still have a positive attitude about life and that they don't give up at anything. Great book gets a 10/10!!!!:-)
Joycetho1
May 10, 2013 Joycetho1 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought that this was a good mystery. This book is about two twins named Bryce and Ashley. They find themselves in trouble. They are being tracked down by a mysterious theif. Will they survive? You should read the book to find out.
  • Voyage with the Vikings (Imagination Station, #1)
  • Lady Carliss and the Waters of Moorue (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #4)
  • All for a Song (All For, #1)
  • Glennall's Betrayal (Adventures in Odyssey: Passages, #4)
  • Mandie and the Invisible Troublemaker (Mandie Books, 24)
  • The Chicken Pox Panic (Cul-de-sac Kids, #2)
  • Asking for Trouble (London Confidential, #1)
  • Jacob's Rescue: A Holocaust Story
  • The Heart Reader of Franklin High
  • The First Escape (The Dopple Ganger Chronicles, #1)
  • Tattler's Branch
  • Death Trap (Robot Wars, #1)
  • Tangled Ashes
  • Rolling Thunder (The Truth Chasers Series #1)
  • Für Elise
  • The New Year Dragon Dilemma (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #5)
  • Accused (Pacific Coast Justice, #1)
Jerry Bruce Jenkins is an American novelist and biographer. He is best known as co-author of the Left Behind series of books with Tim LaHaye. Jenkins has written over 185 books, including mysteries, historical fiction, biblical fiction, cop thrillers, international spy thrillers, and children's adventures, as well as non-fiction. His works usually feature Christians as protagonists. In 2005, Jenki ...more
More about Jerry B. Jenkins...

The Red Rock Mysteries (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Stolen Secrets  (The Red Rock Mysteries #2)
  • Missing Pieces (The Red Rock Mysteries #3)
  • Wild Rescue (Red Rock Mysteries, #4)
  • Grave Shadows (Red Rock Mysteries, #5)
  • Phantom Writer  (The Red Rock Mysteries #6)
  • Double Fault  (The Red Rock Mysteries #7)
  • Canyon Echoes  (The Red Rock Mysteries #8)
  • Instant Menace  (The Red Rock Mysteries #9)
  • Escaping Darkness  (The Red Rock Mysteries #10)
  • Windy City Danger  (The Red Rock Mysteries #11)