Start by marking “Casting (Mine #1)” as Want to Read:
Casting (Mine #1)

Casting (Mine #1)

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Steve Michaels had one goal for the evening: drink just enough to get through the press conference in promotion of Ben’s Life, the new television series he’s directing. Plans change for him when the seedy producer of the show zeroes in his seduction efforts on Zack Greene, the bad boy of the moment. Now, Steve has to make sure Zack doesn’t sue.

Instead of finding the harden...more
Published February 5th 2013 by Lazy Day Publishing (first published February 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Casting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Casting

Shirley Frances
Casting introduces us to Steve and Zack. Fresh out of rehab, Zack is trying to be himself. He wants to take his life and his career as an actor in a new direction now that he has a different outlook in life. During a press junket, Steve watches as Zack rejects the advances of a producer he works with and sets off to make sure that Zack is not a threat to the producer or the show he is directing. However, Steve finds himself being drawn to Zack. He sees something in him that he can't resist and a...more
Awilk -never sleeps-
This prequel was really well done. The writing is much better then the books that follow it, but I think that is because this was written after the main stories.
When I say this I instantly downloaded it. I have read the first two books in this series and I really enjoy the characters of Steve and Zach.
Now I am looking forward to the third book, which I will read as soon as possible.
Melissa
Mar 11, 2013 Melissa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: k
Casting: Prequel for Mine Series by Liz Borino.

For those of us who have followed Steve and Zack on their wonderful journey together in Hollywood, this story has seemed like a long time coming. It started with Action, then got deeper with Cut Away finally giving us a glimpse of their happy ever after in It’s a Wrap, now we take a step back to the beginning of their relationship. This story follows Steve and Zack as they meet for the first time and fall in love.

The production company holds a press...more
Furio
This short story is the prequel to a M/M trilogy completed before this work was begun. It depicts the first encounter of the leads and their fallling for each other.

To give Caesar its due, writing is quite good.
Not even the fluid writing can make up for the rather disconcerting plot loopholes though; there are several but I can only quote one without giving the plot away: the leads wake up together and decide they will have breakfast after one has groomed himself; the following line they are hav...more
Arlyn
I'm so on the fence about this book. For the first 2/3 of the book, I was bored out of my mind and found both main characters incredibly annoying. During the last 1/3 of the book, I was finally invested in the story and liked the main characters. I settled on 3 stars because at no point did I hate or love anything about it. For the record, I would much rather end a book on a good note so I definitely felt the book was a worthwhile read.
Karen
3.5 stars--I shouldn't have liked this book. The writing felt...inexperienced. It didn't flow particularly well. There were several problems with vocabulary--incorrect words being used, ones that were very similar in spelling but different in meaning to words that would have been appropriate. The editing, in general, was a bit weak. In addition, it didn't feel as if most of the BDSM parts came from the voice of experience.

As I said, I shouldn't have liked it, but for some inexplicable reason, I...more
Katy Beth Mckee
Great Beginning

Going into this book knowing it is the first in a series that will tell Zach and Steve's story. They connect quickly but to move forward Steve has to be honest about what he wants and needs. Then he has to hope Zach wants it too.
Karen Peacock
This was a short little step back in time of the Mine series to see where Steve and Zach's relationship began. I loved watching them grow and change throughout this story. Liz develops characters that you just want to get to know or be a part of their life. You could feel the passion and love between both men. The flow was great and it was just long enough to give you a taste of how it all began for them. If you have read Action, I would definitely recommend that you pick up this one as well.
Amanda C. Stone
Man I love this book! I fell in love with Steve and Zack in "Action" but this book is how they met and got together. So wonderful. The scene with Steve explaining his need to dominate to Zack was priceless! I highly recommend this book to anyone that likes M/M with a good dose of BDSM too.
Gavin Stephenson-Jackman
A very interesting little read. I don't think that I could be in a relationship quite like this one. I do enjoy a little play like this but not to the extent described in Zack and Steve's relationship.
Elaine
first book i read by her, i loved it, and enjoyed it.
Rachel
Dec 31, 2013 Rachel marked it as owned-to-read
*downloaded free on ARE
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Jo * Smut-Dickted * marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
A.J.
A.J. marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Black Page Turners
Black Page Turners marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Ahud
Ahud marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Brooklyn
Brooklyn marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Sylvia
Sylvia added it
Lena
Lena added it
Joleen
Joleen added it
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Liz Borino transcribes the world inside her head onto the page, and share it with the people who are stuck in the “real world” to makes their lives a little more interesting. Because in her world, heroes fall and stand up again with the help of their partners and friends. Liz’s world is littered with formidable obstacles, which her heroes overcome with a fire of courage and passion. The beauty of...more
More about Liz Borino...
No Flag Expectations (Expectations, #1) Action (Mine, #2) Angel's Hero (Angel, #1) Angel's Truth (Angel, #2)