Start by marking “Life After Death” as Want to Read:
Life After Death

Life After Death

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Chelsea Karmikel has led a pretty uneventful life…until she finds herself electrocuted. Now, she’s discovered her family’s secret heritage. She’s a seer of the dead, lending her sight to help those in need. Ghosts are her new reality.

Her mission is to encourage those who have lost their way to follow the Watchman, the crazed guide for the Inbetween…a way station where soul
Published March 18th 2013 by Crimson Romance

To ask other readers questions about Life After Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life After Death

Blodeuedd Finland
I confess that I do know the author so I wondered first and hoped it would be good ;) Well it was. Lillie Roberts has a wonderful voice, there was this warmth in the book (even when death and danger was near). There was also an easiness to the book, which was short, but good at getting it's point through.

To the book then. Chelsea the heroine sees dead people, well not at first as it has a taken a while for her gift to emerge. And like any sane person she thinks she is loosing it. But she does he
Louann Carroll
Accident prone, Chelsea Karmikel, electrocutes herself when her hair dryer meets the shower. This is not the first time Chelsea has died. No, it's happened quite a few times. She's worried this might be the last of her many resurrections, when a strange man turns up on her doorstep asking her to contact his wife to let her know he's okay.

He is, she does, but it turns out he's dead.

Chelsea discovers she has inherited her family's predisposition to, ah, seeing ghosts. Not that she minds, but it ca
Erin Richards
I loved how this book started with Chelsea Karmikel electrocuting herself and living to tell about! She’s like a cat with nine lives! Right off the bat you know something is unique about her, and the accident sets a train of electrifying events, paranormal thrills, mystery, and romance in motion. I love ghost stories and I would add LIFE AFTER DEATH to the best of them.

Out of the blue, as Chelsea is discovering her strange new ability to see and talk to ghosts, she gets a phone call from private
Leslie Garcia
How many times do you have to die in one lifetime just to live? Chelsea Karmikel’s accidents have been frequent and severe. When she accidentally drops her hairdryer in the shower, it’s just fate and dedicated doctors that can keep her alive, although the after-effects of electrocution make Chelsea wonder if they really succeeded.

Fortunately, Chelsea’s strong and spirited, so when a P. I. she’s never met calls her into his office and attacks her and her grandmother, she’s infuriated. How dare th
Andrea Cooper
Chelsea Karmikel has escaped death several times, the last one, an electrocution leaves her with the ability to see and talk to ghosts. Brad Rearden, a private detective, is at first a skeptic – but even he witnesses things he can’t explain. Together they battle both a seen and unseen foe.

If you like thrillers, romance, and The Sixth Sense, this should be on your reading list. Ms. Roberts knows how to keep you turning pages. She builds the tension until you are biting your fingernails to find o
Lisa White
Roberts debut is a thrilling ride you don’t want to end. From Chelsea’s death in the opening scene to her sensual kisses at the end, Life After Death keeps you turning pages. A fast-paced paranormal read, if you like ghosts and twists, you will like this book. Entwined with the plot’s intrigue, the romance between Brad and Chelsea does not disappoint. Can’t wait for Roberts’ next book!
Note: I was a provided an ARC for review as a professional courtesy. No monetary or other compensation was invol
Blanche
Awesome debut by Lillie J. Roberts!!

Chelsea grabbed my attention at word one and what a ride!! She kept my attention and kept me guessing as to what was going to happen next. Throw in a good looking PI named Brad and the story just gets better!! Very well written with equal amounts of intrigue and wit and loving!

Leslie G.
A mix of paranormal romance and suspense, this novel's beginning was exciting, but the number of typographical errors detracted from the story and its conclusion.
Carole Rae
Like earlier stated I was given this by the author/publisher for my honest and unbiased opinion. I will admit...I know the author and am pals with her, but I shall be completely honest and unbiased!

Poor Chelsea...all she wanted was a simple life with a simple job. However, she is a klutz and due to this she accidentally electrocuted herself and it awoken a gene in her body that allows her to communicate with ghosts. Not only can she talk to them, but she can see them and feel them when they tou
Liv Rancourt
Chelsea's always been accident prone, but her latest near-death experience has left a deeper mark than the others. She develops the ability to talk to spirits, ghosts who come to her for help in resolving the issues that death interrupted. Although it's more than a little disconcerting, she discovers it's a family trait, one she can learn to live with.

Brad's a private investigator who's very interested in learning more about the stranger his favorite aunt left her home to. Chelsea is that strang
Kathryn
Chelsea Karmikel accidentally electrocutes herself in the shower one day and soon discovers dead people can now talk to her and give her messages for their relatives, an ability she discovers runs in her family. Then she is informed, by a man who clearly dislikes her, that she has inherited his aunt’s farm. It is all too much for Chelsea, who tells the man to keep the property and stalks off.

The man, Bradley Reardon, a private detective, realizes he has misjudged Chelsea and calls her to apolo
Barbara
Chelsea Karmikel thought she was just a klutz when her latest mishap happened but when she realized she was seeing dead people, she was quite frightened. When she meets Brad Rearden, a PI, it is the beginning of her life turning upside down. She has inherited his aunt's estate, a lady she does not even remember meeting, and therefore, does not want it. Brad's brother thinks it should go to him and he is very insistent about that. Chelsea and Brad are very attracted to each other and Brad must ch ...more
Nancy Weeks
Life After Death by Lillie J. Roberts was a delight to read. The premise of Life After Death is similar to a wonderful series I enjoyed years ago called Ghost Whispers. Ms. Roberts captured my attention, kept me clued to my seat [with the lights on]in a chilling ghost story while giving me an exciting, sizzling romance. I just loved watching Brad and Chelsea find their way to each other while Chelsea comes to turns with her new,intriguing ability.

This is one of those books you will not be able t
Lucy Oliver
Right from the first line, I loved this book! It's very well written with great characters and a very unusual premise. It starts with Chelsea electrocuting herself in the bath, and discovering a new gift. (I won't say too much because I wouldn't want to spoil the story)But this chilling ghost story, mixed with hot romance, had me turning the pages well after midnight.

I definitely recommend this book, it is an excellent paranormal romance with likable and believable characters.
Astrid
Astrid marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Sanghamitra Mitra
Sanghamitra Mitra marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Allison Silivanch slowey
Allison Silivanch slowey marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Brenda Hook marked it as to-read
Brenda Hook
Brenda Hook marked it as to-read
Sherry Zook
Sherry Zook marked it as to-read
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Michelle Mauer
Michelle Mauer marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Lillie J. Roberts is a debut author with Crimson Romance. She lives in the middle of nowhere, USA (literally... well, really rural central Illinois) but far from the maddening crowds with her husband, three kids, and one wicked westie (but not far from farm machinery, cows, horses, and various wild animals who like to come and peek in her front door). She loves paranormal romance, urban fantasy, s ...more
More about Lillie J. Roberts...
Haunting Nathan, Book 1, Haunted Dreams Series The Boogeyman SoulFire Vlad Tepes, Vigilante Vampire Haunting Nathan: Book 1, Haunted Dreams Series