Start by marking “Whispers in the Dark” as Want to Read:
Whispers in the Dark

Whispers in the Dark

Published September 15th 2013 by Mayhem Erotica

To ask other readers questions about Whispers in the Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whispers in the Dark

Lisa
Sep 16, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it

What a night the day turned into....

description

Whispers in the Dark by K.I. Lynn is a short novella about what happens on a stormy night when two neighbours meet and decide to act on some sizzling hot chemistry. You have to go into this short read understanding that it is exactly that...short. It took me approximately a half hour to read. With that being said, this is one of the better novellas I have read. The writing style is wonderfully captivating and I was immediately engaged.

Essentially, Mia arrive
Lisa Jayne
Sep 14, 2013 Lisa Jayne rated it really liked it
4 ROMP IN THE DARK STARS.

description

For those that don't know I am a huge fan of KI Lynn not only can she produce (in my opinion) fantastically written books, but she is also a personable and lovely author, so with that being said it is obvious that I was most excited to discover that the author was publishing a novella. The 'Breach' series is one of my favourites so I was excited to see what 'whispers in the dark' would deliver. Readers I confess I enjoyed every single forty minutes of devouring this hot
Christy
May 23, 2013 Christy rated it really liked it
4 short and steamy stars!
 photo 3a9eb289-4894-4172-b6d2-485fde3f65b6_zps7a0d6c27.jpg

Well... that only took me about thirty minutes to read. I love this authors writing, and I enjoyed what little bit of the characters I got. The blurb for this one sums it up rather nicely...
Michelle
Feb 08, 2016 Michelle rated it liked it
Shelves: quickie
This was a cute quickie. Not much to it. Probably less than 50 pages:)
Mia is having a bad day. It's raining, the elevator is out and while she's resting on the stairs she meets her new hot neighbor Tristan. When the power goes out and Mia has no flashlight or candles she goes to her neighbors door. Her neighbor isn't home but Tristan opens his door and offers to rescue her. I liked both Mia and Tristan. I found it strange that they didn't use protection when they had sex and nothing was ever sai
Crystal~BIG book addict~
Sep 19, 2013 Crystal~BIG book addict~ rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
4 In the Dark Stars!

Mia has had a bad day. She is cold and wet from having to walk in the rain, she is loaded down with groceries and now the elevator is out in her apartment building. She starts the journey of climbing 7 flights of stairs to her floor.

While taking a break, she meets Tristan. She's all..

And he's all...

Their fliring was instantaneous.

"Going to need that hand back."
"You sure?"
He let out a deep chuckle. "For a little while, but then you can have it back."
"Promise?"
"Promise."

Whil
Mysza
Sep 14, 2013 Mysza rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-read
**** 4,5 stars ****

Very short but hot story. I enjoyed the teasing and banter between Mia and Tristan. I am positively surprised that 44 pages story had left such a big smile on my face! I agree with my friend J, it had a similar feeling to Hearts in Darkness, which I loved. Highly enjoyable and recommended!
Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞
After a bad day, Mia comes home to find the elevator out of service and then her power goes out. Of course, her phone dies, her batteries go out in her flashlight and she has no matches or a lighter. Trying to find her way to her neighbors, she runs into the new guy down the hall and she takes him up on his offer to help.

Curiosity got the better of me and I wanted to see how KL would write a different story other than the Breach series. Suffice it to say that while Tristan is no Nathan, he's st
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ Hearts Cole, Lucas, Jesse  & James ✝✝

I have been a fan of K.I. Lynn, the day she created Nathan! Nathan and me -- an ongoing love affair <3

photo 8207350.gif

So is Tristan!

Whispers in the Dark is a short read, it was perfect for my tube ride, unfortunately it was steamy too, hence I needed to behave LOL

It all started when

photo superdomepoweroutage.gif

photo tumblr_mhpxo4VcDy1r6qguso1_500.gif

Mia is in darkness and heads for help, and viola Tristan comes in.
What can happen in darkness when they have attraction?

"I swear, it's your fault. I don't mean to keep you saying things, but, I don't know, you have this aur
Michelle
Aug 30, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by the amazing K.I. Lynn in exchange for an honest review.

4.5 Blackout Stars

Mia is having the worst day, but when she locks eyes with a stranger it looks like her day might just be looking up. But when the power goes out, Mia finds herself being saved by the beautiful stranger who turns out to be her new neighbor Tristan.

There is a definite attraction between these two. And although we don't have too much time to get to know Mia, her unfiltered reaction to Tristan seemed genuine and
Lucia
Apr 29, 2013 Lucia rated it liked it

Damn. K.I. Lynn knows how to write smut. If it is dirty or flirty, intense or sweet, she always masters it perfectly.

Whispers in the Dark is great "in-between" read - short, sexy and no angst. It is REALLY short story, so do not expect much plotline development. But I enjoyed the build up of attraction between Tristan and Mia immensely and I was sad when it was over!

MORE REVIEWS ON MY BLOG Reading Is My Breathing
JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
****** 3.5 YOU GO GIRL STARS****
KI's FILTH -FLARN -FILTH mind has done it again . If you're looking for a quick, no angst with a side of insta- boom-boom room action <----How else is a gal to entertain herself in the dark?......you've come to the right place.

Barbara
Sep 17, 2013 Barbara rated it really liked it
When the ligths go out ....

photo 48493-super-bowl-blackout-gif-Wkjq_zps2370bb08.gif

Some hot stuff happens...
 photo tumblr_mip26fNEzv1rt1vsuo1_400_zpsbcbb27cc.gif

Short but with power!
Love it!!!
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
4--I Want More--Stars!!!

Buyer Beware: This was short, only 44 pages.

Talk about a major tease.....I really liked Tristan and Mia. They had great banter and I could definitely get down with reading a full book about them.

The blurb pretty much sums it up......but for what it was I enjoyed it. Kind of reminded me of Hearts in Darkness minus the elevator. Quick, HOT little read!!!
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen

****4 HOT AND STEAMY STARS****

If you are looking for a short story that gets right into a:

- chance meeting
- flirtation
- chemistry
- All American Boy
- sexual tension
- steamy sex
- funny episodes
- more steamy sex
- knight in shining armor

All of this in less than 50 pages ----- KI Lynn has a way of getting me to shiver in anticipation and horniness.  I was immediately intrigued and captivated through the story.

Mia meets Tristan on a dark and stormy night after the elevator is out of order in her apa
Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ
Apr 29, 2013 Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ rated it really liked it
Shelves: september-2013
4 STARS

Wow this was a quick read :) Was just 44pages, I really enjoyed it and I wish it was a bit longer!!!!

Wow I want Tristan for myself :)

******************************************************

Hmmm I wonder when this book is going to be released... does anybody know?
~Dawn~TUG
**Copy kindly given to us by author in exchange for an honest review by the girls at www.sizzlingpages.com ** Happy dancing from 100 yds away per stalking restraining order :)

Being an uber fan of Ms. Lynn I was excited the girls and I got an advanced copy of this short story. I mean short story..took me all of 20-30 mins to fly through this one. It had all the goodness of K.I.'s mind..I love how this woman writes. It had insta-love and attraction and in one darkened night a love was created. I a
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Oh no i didnt know this was so short. I don't know whether to give this a 1 star for the length (it took me 40 mins to read!) and lack of story or a 5 star for the writing.

I have no idea if this is meant to be a series of novellas or not but if this was a full length novel I could see myself loving these characters x
Aestas Book Blog
Sep 16, 2013 Aestas Book Blog marked it as to-read
Shelves: top-tbr, soon
BLURB: A power outage leaves Mia Harmon stuck alone in the dark with no source of light except her cell phone. Frightened, she heads to a neighbor to ask for a light. Tristan, the new guy in 7D, is more than willing to help her out. A bad day turns into a night where Mia ends up getting much more than she bargained for.
AJ
Sep 22, 2013 AJ rated it liked it
Shelves: romantic, steamy, novella
This is a quick, hot little read.

Mia has had a crap day, which is brightened somewhat when she meets the new addition to her apartment building, hottie, Tristan. But then the crapness of her day continues when she gets to her apartment, jumps into the shower only for the power to go out. Stranded in the dark, she manages to dress herself and goes searching for a light from her neighbor, when who should she bump into in the hall, but hottie, Tristan.

He smirked at me. “Need something?”
My stance r
Amy
Sep 13, 2013 Amy rated it really liked it
I am a total K.I. fan girl! Ever since reading Breach, she is an auto-buy author for me. I love her writing style and her sex scenes are some of my favorites!!

Whispers in the Dark is a short sexy read! I liked Tristan and Mia!! Mia’s had a really crappy day. To top everything off, the power goes out in her apartment building. With no flashlight or candles to speak of, she heads over to her neighbor’s apartment and discovers she’s not home. On her way back, she runs right into the gorgeous new g
Dina
3 1/2 stars

Color me surprised, but I really enjoyed this quick read. I'm not a fan of the first-person-POV narrative, but it worked well in this book. Short stories don't leave room to develop a character the way I'm used to, so being able to get inside Mia's mind and see how it worked was key to make me understand her - and by doing that, I got to "know" not only her but Tristan too. They were very likeable, the kind of people I'd love to hang around in RL.

As this is a short story, I didn't get
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
Sep 16, 2013 CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD rated it really liked it
Blog/FB page link : https://www.facebook.com/SLiTsReaD

Loved it.. It was steamy hot, like right away...

...and funny and a really really short read, lol... 44 pages that's it that's all.

Finished in no time for sure. :)
Heidi
Sep 22, 2013 Heidi rated it liked it
"Craptastic" to fantastic for Mia and her horrible day! A real quickie by K I Lynn - 3 1/2 stars
 ⊱✿⊰ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⊱✿⊰
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Geez this took me ages to read NOT!! But getting over how short this book was I still enjoyed it..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The storm had knocked power out over the whole city..

Frightened Mia, heads to a neighbors to ask for a light. Tristan, the new guy in 7D, is more than willing to help her out. A bad day turns into a night where Mia ends up getting much more than she bargained for.

Gorgeous Brown haired, green eyed Tristan, strong jaw, sharp check bones, and a fit physique..

That first glimpse of him wanted Mia licki
Charmaine Stephens
May 01, 2013 Charmaine Stephens rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-stories
This story was great. K.I. Lynn never disappoints when it comes to telling a sexy story. I just wish it was longer. Went by very quickly. I loved how Mia & Tristan seemed to hit it off right away. It already felt like they were becoming comfortable with each other as if they've been together for years when they only had just met.

Of course I always love a hot steamy scene with sex in the rain or sex during a thunderstorm. Whispers in the dark definitely delivered on that!

And just when you
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
3.5 short erotic story...wish it was longer, but sex scenes were hot. KI can never disappoint me! Love the way she writes.
Ashleigh
May 14, 2013 Ashleigh rated it liked it
didnt know this was so short I did enjoy it though just wondering if that is it or will the story continue??
♥Rachel♥
Sep 21, 2013 ♥Rachel♥ rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Reviewed on: http://totallybookedblog.com/2013/09/...

description

J&G: We’re both absolute KI Lynn fans and as such, we had to dive straight in to this novella as soon as it became available. We have to admit we didn’t realise it was going to be quite as short as it was but was certainly a great way to while away a spare hour.

This had the three S’s. Sweet, short and sexy – throw in a “to die for” hero and yep, this was a winner! The premise of the story is two people, Tristan and Mia, neighbours who meet
~ Cariad ~
May 17, 2013 ~ Cariad ~ rated it really liked it
A quick, hot read!
The sort of power cut we should all be lucky enough to have!
Not going to lie, the story didn't blow my socks off, but hopefully this series will build and build.

As a huge fan of the author I'm happy to see where this story takes us.

ARC kindly given to me by K I Lynn.
  • Basic Needs
  • Halfway Hidden
  • Tasting the Forbidden: A Mayhem Erotica Anthology
  • Vacant
  • The Dare (The Chronicles of Katrina, #1)
  • Knots
  • Second Chances Boxset 1 + 2 (Second Chances, #1-2)
  • The Babysitter
  • Just A Step Away
  • See Jayne Play  (The Jayne Series, #1)
  • Almost Mine
  • Wanderlust
  • Feeling Death (The Death Trilogy #1)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 1 "Taken" (My Masters' Nightmare, #1)
  • Second Chances
  • Do Us Part (The Dumont Diaries, #4)
  • Dirty Thirty
  • All Other Things
K.I. Lynn is the USA Today Bestselling Author from The Bend Anthology and the Amazon Bestselling Series, Breach. She spent her life in the arts, everything from music to painting and ceramics, then to writing. Characters have always run around in her head, acting out their stories, but it wasn't until later in life she would put them to pen. It would turn out to be the one thing she was really pas ...more
More about K.I. Lynn...