Start by marking “Murder on the Mountain” as Want to Read:
Murder on the Mountain

Murder on the Mountain (Rocky Mountain Safe House #2)

A killer in Colorado

FBI Special Agent Julia Last had made a career out of being discreet, running a secret FBI safe house for injured officers and protected witnesses. So when Deputy Paul Hemmings turned up, convinced one of her guests had committed murder, Julia wanted the rugged-yet-gentle cop gone.

But when she became the killer's next target and Paul offered to protect

ebook, Harlequin Intrigue #910, Rocky Mountain Safe House #2, 256 pages
Published December 15th 2011 by Harlequin Intrigue (first published April 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Murder on the Mountain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder on the Mountain

Jan 28, 2010 Susan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin
I should know by now that category romances run in the fast lane, namely hero/heroine meet once and that's all they need to know they are in love. This bothers me about any book I read, this book no exception. However, once I got past that, the story was OK but I found myself skimming the last 20 or so pages.

I enjoyed the atmosphere the author created, hotel in the mountains, blizzard. There was a lengthy cast of characters but a list at the front to keep straight who was who until I read furth
Paula Legate
I really enjoyed this book. The suspense was so good, I was tempted to skip ahead to find out what happened. I didn’t, and was glad that I was patient. The action was intense, and the romance was sweet.

Julia ran a FBI safe house. She found one of her guest dead in his room. He was a general. The general was in uniform, and had a suicide note. To authority’s it appeared it was a cut and dry suicide, but Julia suspected that the General was murdered. She expressed her concerns to Paul who was a po
Jan 04, 2013 Roxann rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, mystery
Ok I know it's a Harlequin, but my sister gave it to me because it's in the suspense category.

This book was a fast read (well all Harlequins seem to fall into that area). Anyway-once I got passed the part of girl meets boy and falls instantly in love--it was a good book.

I liked the hidden FBI safe house up in the mountains. It had a great setting, ok characters, murder, who-dun-it.

Good book.

Eden Stotesbury
Nov 04, 2015 Eden Stotesbury rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Eden by: Robert Belkie
Shelves: romance
it was interesting enough.
Jul 31, 2008 Sherry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance/mystery/suspense
Cassie Miles has taken the concept of a "locked room murder" and added some original touches that makes this story stand out. A very good book for Romance/Mystery buffs who enjoy quick reads.
This book was a very quick read, but it had a lot of action, which is always enjoyable for me!
Marcie rated it it was ok
Apr 24, 2016
Alysha marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
Virginia Paige
Virginia Paige rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2015
Amber Long
Amber Long marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Jules marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Ashley Sellers
Ashley Sellers rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2015
Sandy rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2014
Grace rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2014
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Gyphtie rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2014
Marlenna Jae
Marlenna Jae marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2016
AgentScully marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Debra added it
Jun 24, 2014
Tiana added it
Jun 12, 2015
Ulrika added it
Apr 01, 2014
Chellied marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2013
Lynda rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2013
Silverana marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2013
Iye Iye
Iye Iye marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2013
Slade Watson
Slade Watson marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2013
Cassie grew up in a small town at the very tip of southern Illinois. A tomboy, she spent most of her time outside and got into big trouble for breaking the trellis while climbing out her second-story bedroom window.

When her family moved to L.A., major culture shock ensued. She discovered that grapefruits grew on trees, television offered more than two channels, and all the other girls had breasts.
More about Cassie Miles...

Rocky Mountain Safe House (2 books)
  • Undercover Colorado