Start by marking “The Return of General Drake (Azra's Pith, Book 2)” as Want to Read:
The Return of General Drake (Azra's Pith, Book 2)

The Return of General Drake (Azra's Pith)

When Alexander arrived in Verhonia, something went terribly wrong. A dark spell delivered from the mountains of Acadia sent him on a dangerous journey in the middle of the night. As he marched into the mountains the great city of Verhonia was ambushed and burned to the ground by Roman’s army of vicious giant murks.
With a battle looming over the realm, General Drake was a
Published April 25th 2013 by Wild Child Publishing (first published February 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Return of General Drake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Return of General Drake

Sheila
Jan 02, 2014 Sheila rated it really liked it
Starting right where book one ended, with young Alexander missing in action, his talking frog friend distraught, and the world about to fall apart, Elizabeth Parkinson-Bellows’ second Azra’s Pith book brings the hero’s rather distant father into sharper focus, proving he does in fact love his son. But a lot of faith and trust will be needed before Alexander and the kingdom can be saved.

General Drake didn’t plan to return to this mystical world where he once lost so much. He’s doing fine in the r
L_manning
May 10, 2013 L_manning rated it really liked it
Alexander Drake is back, but he's in a bit of a pickle. Imperius is still determined to capture Alexander, and he uses a spell to draw Alexander away from his home. Meanwhile, Imperius sends his servant Roman to take over Verhonia. With things falling apart around him, Alexander's grandfather calls for Alexander's father to come help. Alexander's father was a great general at one time, but he's hesitant to return to that life. Alexander and his father must both come to terms with what must be ...more
Leah (White Sky Project)
May 19, 2016 Leah (White Sky Project) rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
The second book in the Azra’s Pith series is an even faster and more exciting read than the first one. I think it’s shorter than the first book, but there are more things happening in this one than in the previous book.

The Return of General Drake picks up exactly where book one left off and it’s a really fast ride from there. There are new and interesting characters that appear and a few questions that pop up in the middle of the story and are not really answered when the book ends. Hopefully th
Inspired Kathy
Feb 23, 2013 Inspired Kathy marked it as to-read

I'm setting up a blog tour & book blast for Alexander Drake's Extraordinary Pursuit & The Return of General Drake.

These are short middle grade books (60-100 pages). You can review one or both books.

You can sign up for the book blast, blog tour or Both.

In exchange for putting up a blast post you can have your twitter or facebook on the rafflecopter form.

The $50 Book Blast will take place on Monday, April 29th. The tour will begin on April 30th.

Ebook copies are available for review. The a
Christina M Condy
Starting right where book 1 left off. This story continues the saga of Alexander. He is missing and his best friend who happens to be a Hopper is worried sick about him.

I enjoyed this book because the father plays a much larger role in the story. We get to see him in a little different light.

Like the first story this book has a fabulous cast of characters and teaches wonderful lessons about life. I love how the characters grow in these books.

This book is perfect for Middle-schoolers and I reco
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
It has been a while since I read the first book. The details of the land and story are vague in my memory.

I think it would be helpful to read the books right after the other to appreciate the story more.

This book takes place in a parallel world. Alexander is the King's grandson and as such he is a valuable person in the war between good and evil. As this story begins he is put under a spell to leave home and find his way to Imperius.

This book is about his father trying to rescue him, a war, and
Fantasy Flipper
Apr 17, 2013 Fantasy Flipper rated it it was amazing
This is a fun follow-up to the first one. Alexander meets some interesting new friends on the mountain. I just noticed the new cover. I love it! I hope the series is available in print. I can't wait to read part 3!
Krystal
Krystal rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2013
alicia croy
alicia croy rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2015
Christy
Christy rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2013
Rochelle haynes
Rochelle haynes rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2013
Allen
Allen marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2013
S. Policar
S. Policar marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2013
Skye
Skye marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2013
Christy Hilton-hall
Christy Hilton-hall marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2013
a_tiffyfit
a_tiffyfit marked it as to-read
SD
SD marked it as to-read
Julie Grasso
Julie Grasso marked it as to-read
nurmawati
nurmawati marked it as to-read
Meghan Stith
Meghan Stith marked it as to-read
Mya Murphy
Mya Murphy marked it as to-read
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
Mark Watson
Mark Watson marked it as to-read
Catherine Shaw
Catherine Shaw marked it as to-read
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Mary A.
Mary A. marked it as to-read
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Paperback Princess
Paperback Princess marked it as to-read
Yvonne
Yvonne marked it as to-read
Margie Young
Margie Young marked it as to-read
Valentina
Valentina marked it as to-read
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Vicki Hale
Vicki Hale marked it as to-read
Sherryl Wilson
Sherryl Wilson marked it as to-read
Tamar
Tamar marked it as to-read
books4me
books4me marked it as to-read
Dorothy Teel
Dorothy Teel marked it as to-read
Jessie C.
Jessie C. marked it as to-read
Caroline Toye
Caroline Toye marked it as to-read
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Dovile
Dovile marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2013
  • Jack Templar and the Monster Hunter Academy (The Templar Chronicles #2)
  • The Big Debate (Literary Loom, #1)
  • Trail of Bones
  • The Tale of Mally Biddle
  • David's Song
  • The Newstead Project
  • The Storm Bottle
  • The Trouble With Toads (The Secret Stepsister Society, #1)
  • Family Ever After: Simple Ways To Achieve Extraordinary Happiness With Your Ordinary Family
  • My Treasures - Four Week Mini Bible Study
  • January Black
  • The Other Marlowe Girl (Marlowe Girls, #2)
  • Helga: Out of Hedgelands (Wood Cow Chronicles, #1)
  • Ixeos (Ixeos Trilogy, #1)
  • Hunted (The Guardian Legacy, #2)
  • To Love or Die in a Steamy-Reamy World
  • BORN IN VENGEANCE (Dacian Legends, #1)
  • Death and Kisses
A few random things about me...
Um, let's see... when I was eight, I had a pet turkey. I used to take it with me on my very short lived paper route. Needless to say, I was terrible at delivering the paper. No one wanted a "Dollar Saver" with turkey poop splattered across the front page. Apparently that's where the best coupons are.

Books... well, "Treasure Island" is a fantastic pirate tale. I love
More about Elizabeth Parkinson Bellows...

Azra's Pith (2 books)
  • Alexander Drake's Extraordinary Pursuit (Azra's Pith, Book 1)