Start by marking “Saving Raphael Santiago (The Bane Chronicles, #6)” as Want to Read:
Saving Raphael Santiago (The Bane Chronicles, #6)

Saving Raphael Santiago (The Bane Chronicles #6)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  4,835 ratings  ·  356 reviews
A Manhattan teen—Raphael Santiago—is missing, and Magnus Bane must track him down before it’s too late.

In 1950s New York City, a distraught mother hires Magnus Bane to find her missing son, Raphael. But even if he can be found, is Raphael beyond saving?
Published September 17th 2013 by Margaret K. McElderry Books (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Saving Raphael Santiago, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving Raphael Santiago

Fangirl by Rainbow RowellThe Dream Thieves by Maggie StiefvaterThe Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly BlackThe Burning Sky by Sherry ThomasUnited We Spy by Ally Carter
YA Books - Publishing September 2013
34th out of 85 books — 187 voters
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareCity of Ashes by Cassandra ClareCity of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Fav Series
17th out of 54 books — 49 voters

More lists with this book...

Christina
An AMAZING story! I was always curious about Raphael Santiago, and if you've read the TMI series, you know what he is and can then infer what "saving" actually means.

There was SO much emotion, on the part of Raphael, in this story. I felt for him so badly. I cried when he cried. I was angry when he was angry. He just felt so much. And is such a strong & deep character.

When Magnus first finds Raphael in this story, I lose it. It was such an emotional and crucial encounter between the two. An
Mc Manalo
Ragnor: Oh, Magnus.
Oh no, no.

Magnus: What?

Ragnor: No, you’re right, of course. I’m being silly. He’s a vampire. He only looks fourteen. How old are you? I bet you’re older than either of us,

ha-ha.

Raphael: I’d be sixteen by now,

Ragnor: Oh, Magnus!
That’s disgusting! How could you? Have you lost your mind?

Magnus: What?

Ragnor: We agreed eighteen was the cutoff age.
You, I, and Catarina made a vow.

Magnus: A v— Oh, wait. You think I’m dating Raphael?
Raphael? That’s ridiculous. That’s—

Raphael: That’s
Grace
Buy this book HERE on Amazon

2 of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). I just finished reading this title. Full review to come.

My rating system: (I do use half stars.)
5 - I do not use the 5 star. Not because a book might not be worthy, but because a book is never perfect.
4 - I loved it! There weren't too many flaws, and I had no trouble getting through it. (A 4 star rating is the highest rating I've ever given a book.)
3 - I enjoyed the book, but there we're flaws that made me en
Ferdy
Spoilers

Meh. I liked this more than the previous novella, but it still wasn't all that great.

-Magnus was as whiny and self pitying as usual. Any chance he got to complain, he did. Also, his obsession with clothes was annoying, in every novella he bangs on and on about his clothes. I get that it's a part of his personality, but it's an established part… So why waste sentences in an already short novella on something that adds nothing to the story or the series?

-Magnus as a private detective was l
Andre
This book was bad. It contradicts itself and all the other books of the same universe. All attempts there were of saving Magnus were ruined; and in my eyes it is too late anyway. This is the 14th book he is in (the 6th where he is the protagonist) and we still know barely anything more of his origins than we knew in The Mortal Instruments. All his “adventures” provide nothing new about him as a character, only the amount of whining and self-pitying increases.

I will give the book credit for tryi
Carolina Carriço
I loved this one! Raphael Santiago surprised me!

I must say I used to dislike him, but not anymore. The way he loves his family is just lovely! All the pain he puts himself through for them!! And that end was heartbreaking. His mother is a hell of a woman :D
karly
Very inspiring. Would definitely change your mind about Raphael Santiago.. and Magnus is fashionably fabulous as ever!!
Carol [Goodreads addict]
The year is 1953 and Magnus Bane is in New York. As a warlock, Magnus is quite often paid for his services in the mundane world. One day, though, he is called upon by Guadalupe Santiago. The boys have been disappearing from her neighborhood and she knows who has been taking them. A Vampire. But now her son, Raphael, is missing. She wants to hire Magnus to find him and bring him home safely to her.

So this is the story of how Raphael came to be second in command to Camille. But, mostly,this is a
Stephanie (Bookfever) ♥Adrian Ivashkov♥
Saving Raphael Santiago was way better than the previous part in this short story series. First of all, 50's Magnus was pretty awesome, Second, it had Raphael, loved reading about him and how he became a vampire and third, Ragnor Fell was in it also. Score, score, score. Also, Ragnor + Raphael makes for some pretty awesome dialogues and annoyance from Magnus. Gotta love it.

So, yeah, another great part in The Bane Chronicles. Definitely one of my top favorites. As always can't wait for the next!
Ronda
Another great installment, this one is fabulous because it gives an insight to Raphael and his first steps as a vampire... I just love Magnus and his role in history... love the whole idea of these chronicles!
Iz
Oh dio.
Questa era stupenda, sul serio!
Ho sempre adorato Raphael (e ora dopo COHF io.. T.T *sobs*) ed è stato bellissimo e interessante scoprire la sua storia che è molto dolce e commovente.
Il suo rapporto con la sua famiglia è stupendo e lui è fantastico.
Sarcastico, scorbutico, coraggioso, forte, lo amo. (view spoiler)
Amanda  Nicolette
"Believe this, if you believe nothing else. Raphael saved himself."

During this time, Magnus Bane's profession was being a private detective. That is why he got involved in the whole looking/saving for Raphael Santiago ordeal. Raphael's mother asked for his help to find her dear son, for she's very suspicious that he may have been turned into a vampire.

So she was definitely right about that.

Magnus easily located the whereabouts of Raphael and decided to took him under his care. Here we get a g
Livia Liu
Now ~ This is the best of the Bane Chronicles so far! I came to admire Raphael's strength and determination. This story completely changing my perception of Raphael completely.

"You know him better than anyone else ever has or ever will. You made him, you taught him to be all he is, and you know him down to his bones. You know how strong he is. You know how much he loves you. If I gave you anything, give me your faith now. Teach one thing to all your children. I have never told you anything more
Lucy

This one was way better than The Rise of the Hotel Dumort, but not as great as The Midnight Heir, my favourite so far.

Still, I'll give it 5 stars, because it made me like Raphael a lot more.

I saw a side of him I had not quite seen thus far. A certain vulnerability and, despite all the awful things he did, innocence.

I think a person who thinks he's an evil creature, doomed to an eternity of suffering in hell, and so suffers so much with that belief can't be that bad.

Read this one, Shadowhunters!
Chloë
This was as far the best out of all the Bane Chronicles(for me)

I love how Cassie&Sarah highlighted Raphael's personality and how he changed Magnus. Their friendship made me cry, seriously.. the emphasis on their quirky conversations made me tear up especially the part where: " I owe you,warlock" and after that he said "I will never forget" I'M IN A GRAVEYARD RUNNING TEN TIMES BECAUSE I CAN'T CONTROL DEM FEELS!!

But on the bright side it also made me laugh, Ragnor's visit to Brooklyn and mee
Teresa
I really loved this one. Unbelievably good. I used to dislike Raphael but knowing his story, knowing how kind, brave, funny and loving he was, I can never hate him again. Once again, Magnus proved his kindness. I am enjoying learning more about Magnus, he really is wonderful. This may be my second favorite so far.

“Love did not overcome everything. Love did not always endure. All you had could be taken away, love could be the last thing you had, and then love could be taken too.”
Joana Aleixo
I truly loved this one! It was kind of sad... In the TMI books where we meet Raphael.. I didn't like him very much but now I get what he's been through. I loved his family. His mother... She's a really great woman.
It was also sad because it bring up again all that immortality issue and we see how lonely Magnus really is.. How everybody ends up living him. Magnus have such a good heart. He's always helping everyone and he truly likes them. It's heartbreaking.
Andy
I enjoyed this short story. The more of the Bane Chronicles I read the more I grow to love Magnus Bane as a character.I loved the backstory we got about Raphael and I think he's going to do something important for Magnus in COHF.

“I owe you, warlock,” Raphael said, a cool whisper against Magnus’s ear. I promise you I won’t forget.”

As always can't wait for the next!
DJ Johnson
If you love Ragnor Fell (and who doesn't?!) then you definitely need to read Saving Raphael Santiago. Ragnor has truly some of his very best lines. I was laughing far more than a person should be at 6:30 in the morning.
Ivy
It was enjoyable to read about Raphael. How he bacame a vampire and stuff. Glad to see him again.
Maud
This was probably my favourite story so far, I loved how Magnus and Raphael interact with each other!
Therese
Best one so far! I laughed and cried. I think I want to read some of the co-author's books.
♆Beth♆♫ᴵ'ᵛᵉ ᵍᵒᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵏᵉʸᶳ ᵗᵒ ᵐʸ ᵈᵃᵈ'ᶳ ʸᵉˡˡᵒʷ ʰᵘᵐᵐᵉʳ♫ Jackson
Saving Raphael Santiago

I liked this one! A lot. It was nice seeing Raphael as vulnerable, rather than all powerful as we've seen him before.

(view spoiler)

And now the fall of the Hotel Dumort. It rose, Raphael was saved, and now it's falling? I'm sure those all have connections somehow... I wonder when this
➺Savvina
{This Review is originally posted on my blog : http://bookfreaks-nerds.blogspot.gr/2...}

I have a little crush on Raphael..(Oups!)This book was quite intense I can say.We get to see how Magnus met,helped Raphael,the famous vampire "lord". In 1950s New York City, Raphael's mother asks Magnus if he can find her loved son,who was probablt taken by evil,bloodsuckers(vampires). Magnus goes through a lot to find Raphael.We get to see faries,and of course guys many cruel vampires in action. Just to let
Patricia Carstairs
¡Por Raziel! Tengo un montón de sentimientos encontrados.
description

¡Por fin conocemos la historia de Raphael Santiago! Aunque yo no le tenía el gran cariño no lo odiaba, y sin duda tenía un montón de dudas acerca de él. Fue genial hallarle sentido a detalles que se mencionan en 'Ciudad de Hueso' y en otros libros (view spoiler)
Thania Stewart
I've changed my mind when I said Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale is the best part from The Bane Chronicles. Raphael Santiago was turned into a vampire when he was only fifteen years old. His mother, Guadalupe hires Magnus to go find Raphael and bring him back home to her. When Magnus found him in Hotel Dumort he was already turned and he was the brutal vampire not the victim. Magnus explained to him about what his mother asked him to do but Raphael thought why would he come back home, he' ...more
Nimue Efp
"Believe this, if you believe nothing else. Raphael saved himself."

E questa è la Clare dei momenti più sublimi di The Infernal Devices, quella che riesce ad avvolgere momento così profondi e poetici con il suo stile indescrivibile, da lasciarti qualcosa di importante dentro. Che dire, non solo questa è la Cronaca più bella, ma è anche uno dei momenti migliori di Shadowhunters in generale. Io lo sapevo, l'ho sempre saputo che Raphael sarebbe stato il mio pg preferito di TMI è più in generale del
I loved having some back story for Raphael. He is one of the more complicated characters in the Mortal Instruments and I'm glad I got to see where he is coming from. It made me feel more for him especially considering the events in City of Heavenly Fire. I feel like his story kind of paralleled Simon's story as well and you can see traits that they share. I kept having flashbacks of Simon with his own mom. Anyway, I really enjoyed this novella but I feel like Magnus wasn't really a key player in ...more
Feña Bravo
No me gusto tanto como los demás pero igual me gusto.
La personalidad de Raphael me enamoro me cayo demasiado bien es que es muy sarcástico y simpático, la dupla que hacia con Ragnor Fell me encanto porque los dos se unían para molestar a Magnus y era demasiado chistoso, como que con este libro conocí a Raphael mucho así de su personalidad y me gusto porque es buena persona y el cumple las reglas, creo que con este libro me cambio mucho la perspectiva que tenia de Raphael es totalmente diferente
Sarah Mc
I'v always been intrigued about Raphael especially after it's mentioned that there was a connection between him and Magnus in City of Heavenly Fire which is explained here (yay). I feel so much for him as a character now, more than I did during TMI, this story really added an extra layer to his character.
  • The Enemy of Death (Magisterium,  #5)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • The Spring Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.25)
  • The Tailor (The Grisha, #1.5)
  • Shadowhunter's Guide: City of Bones
  • The Assassin and the Underworld (Throne of Glass, #0.4)
  • The Shattered Mountain (Fire and Thorns, #0.6)
  • Adrian's Lost Chapter (Bloodlines, #0.5)
  • Starcrossed City (Starcrossed, #0.5)
  • Phoenix Overture (Newsoul, #2.5)
  • Die for Her (Revenants, #2.5)
  • The First Kiss (The Iron Fey, #1.25)
  • Belonging (Darkest Powers, #3.5)
  • Breathless (Elemental, #2.5)
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

More about Cassandra Clare...

The Bane Chronicles (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • What Really Happened in Peru (The Bane Chronicles, #1)
  • The Runaway Queen (The Bane Chronicles, #2)
  • Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale (The Bane Chronicles, #3)
  • The Midnight Heir (The Bane Chronicles, #4)
  • The Rise of the Hotel Dumort (The Bane Chronicles, #5)
  • The Fall of the Hotel Dumort (The Bane Chronicles, #7)
  • What to Buy the Shadowhunter Who Has Everything (The Bane Chronicles, #8)
  • The Last Stand of the New York Institute (The Bane Chronicles, #9)
  • The Course of True Love [and First Dates] (The Bane Chronicles, #10)
  • The Voicemail of Magnus Bane (The Bane Chronicles #11)
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)

“How many times have I told you, Magnus? Behave professionaly in a professional setting. Which means no being rude to Nephilim, and also no getting attached to Nephilim."
"I never get attached to Nephilim!" Magnus protested.
Ragnor coughed, and in the midst of the cough said something that sounded like "blerondale."
"Well," said Magnus. "Hardly ever.”
41 likes
“Magnus had often thought of getting a pet, but he had never considered acquiring a sullen teenage vampire. Once Raphael was gone, he thought, he was getting a cat. And he would always throw his cat a birthday party.” 39 likes