Start by marking “Highlander's Bride (Heart of the Highlander, #1)” as Want to Read:
Highlander's Bride (Heart of the Highlander, #1)

Highlander's Bride (Heart of the Highlander #1)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Highlander's Bride begins the historical romance series, Heart of the Highlander, with a dramatic, passionate love story filled with braw Highlanders, romantic heroes, and strong heroines.

Set in 1502, in the Highlands of Scotland, this beautiful love story transcends time and continents, bringing readers to a past where romantic heroes let nothing stand in the way of prot
Published August 1st 2011 by Deborah Gafford (first published July 21st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Highlander's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highlander's Bride

Dawn Sullivan
The following review is my opinion and not a paid review.

I really adored this book. It was very well written. The plot flowed perfectly from beginning to end.

This book had so many emotions coming out of me. I cried real tears. I laughed. I screamed and yelled. I loved that it brought out those feelings in me.

I read this book in one day. Not wanting to put it down. There was plenty of action and hot steamy romance.

Alex, a sexy highlander with honor doesnt want his Da making decisions for him, w
Highlander's Bride is a sweet, beautiful romance telling the tale of Katherine Gordon and Alexander MacGregor and their journey to a 'happily ever after'.

Katherine's life, as she knows it, is in danger; thinking it will keep her safe her parents arrange for her to marry Alexander MacGregor, the son of Angus Gordon's dear friend, Ian MacGregor. Having never met each other, neither Katherine nor Alexander are pleased with this arrangement. Both desire a marriage brought about by love.

Alexander has
A big thank you to the author for providing a review copy and allowing me to review it!

Highlander's Bride is the first book I've read from Deborah, and she is a wonderful story teller. Descriptions are vivid. The dialogue is incredible. It's easy to see that that aspect alone took a lot of time and effort, giving the book a feel that is both authentic and genuine. Plus, there is a glossary in the back of the book for words you may not know! That said, most of the stuff is easy to translate. By
I absolutely loved this book! What a great read! Highlanders are always a nice addition to my romance collection and who doesn't love a man with an accent? Deborah Gafford does it beautifully. A great talent for putting you in the position of understanding what it is like to have a parent that makes decisions for you and you wanting to rebel. Having an arranged marriage is that next big thing. But Alex and Katherine are a fabulous combo. I really enjoyed reading Highlanders Bride!
Steph at  Starry Night Book Reviews
I loved this book it was full of emotion from the hot romance to the action scenes. You really feel for the characters in the book, they want nothing to do with an arranged marriage but they really can’t do anything about it.

Katherine is strong willed and stubborn she is one woman who will not go down without a fight! She will do anything to be able to marry a man who loves her with his whole heart.

Alexander is an arrogant, rough highland warrior, who’s sexy and doesn’t fear anything. Duty bo
Virginia McKevitt
I don’t normally read Historical Fiction as I am a Fantasy writer and reader but I was given this book at a convention where I met the author and so decided to read it, and was glad I did.
I found Highlander's Bride to be well written with strong characters and great attention to detail. The story revolves around Alexander and Katherine. Two strong-willed people who are forced into a marriage neither wants. Their explosive relationship begins with distrust and is volatile from beginning until the

5.0 out of 5 stars Can I be the Highlanders Bride?, October 3, 2013
By Kathie Noblit

I love Highlander books, and this one was no exception.
Katherine wants to marry for love and have the life her parents seem to. Love, children, all of it. But a twist of fate places her in the position to be married to a complete stranger. Fighting the arrangement every step of the way, she is determined to marry for love, if only her parents would listen.
Alexander is looking forward to his retirement from the Ki
I'm normally more of a paranormal girl but once in awhile I like to get down and dirty with a Highlander book. I like some historical's too but I prefer Highlanders. They give me a nice break and if done right I can get lost in a story with some sexy Highlander (normally with a matching sexy Scottish accent, yum!). Deborah's Highlander's Bride is definitely one of those that I can get down with.

We have a man (Alexander) and woman (Katherine) who are forced to marry each other from their parents
V.J. Dunraven
This book is a treasure! I enjoyed the era, the language, and the plot progression. It is a well written masterpiece with well-developed, complex characters, that will engage your interest from start to finish. Deborah Gafford delivered old Scotland and its people to my doorstep!
Rating: 4.5 stars

I really enjoyed this book and the story that evolves between Katherine and Alexander. The characters are very well written and you can't help but love the hero/heroine and hate the villians. Deborah is a great writer and has a way of pulling you into the story to where you feel as if you are there. Her descriptions of the scenery and places in the book made me want to fly to Scotland to enjoy it for myself.

This was my first book by Deborah Gafford, but it definitely won't be m
This is the first book I have read from this author and I must say that I am impressed! It is so well written. The story is easy to follow. Many times I find that 'highlander' tales that are written using spelling that infers an accent lose me along the way, they become complicated and I have to constantly reread passages but that is not the case here. There is just enough included to remind you were the story is set without being overwhelming.
If you like 'highlander' tales that this book is a m
This book has everything you could ever ask for with a Highlander romance. Castles, kilts, bagpipes, deceit, fighting and last but not least, love. The characters are strongly built, even if I did want to kick the hero in his shins a few times, and the author does an amazing job transporting you back in time. Will definitely be reading the next in this series and keeping my eyes out for more great reads from Deborah!
Cristina Riquelme
This book is so captivating and love Highlander books, I love how during some scene are so vivid and well written. Have romance, drama and action and HEA.
The character:
Katherine is leery of men, because her heart was broken once.
Alexander want to marry for love.....But...Their parent force to marry them...

I recommend this book, if you like historical romance

Dorothy Wiley
I loved this book! The author does a great job of transporting you to ancient Scotland. The characters are both heroic and romantic. Great plot that leads to an exciting conclusion. Highly recommend. I liked it enough that I also read Gafford's second highland romance and thoroughly enjoyed it as well.
Good read. Loved the Scottish wedding description. I did not like the hero, and found myself wanting to wring his neck. (which of course means the author did a sensational job in stirring up this reader's emotions :)

All in all it was an enjoyable story.
InD'tale Magazine
This novel has an authentic feel, taking the reader back to life in 16th century Scotland.

Read full review in the 2012 November issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Tabitha marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Helen Thomas
Helen Thomas marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
Jen marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
L.M. Gonzalez
L.M. Gonzalez marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2015
Birgit marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2015
Jana marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
Shema Wind
Shema Wind is currently reading it
Oct 05, 2015
Renate Berzina
Renate Berzina marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Patty Petrovich
Patty Petrovich marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Award-winning author Deborah Gafford is known for her "love conquers all" romance novels. Whether an uproariously funny award-winning romantic comedy or historical romance set in the Highlands of medieval Scotland, Deborah Gafford writes the kind of books readers love to read.

Her talented world-building skills transport you back in time to the Scottish Highlands and create action-packed romance f
More about Deborah Gafford...

Heart of the Highlander (2 books)
  • The Talisman (Heart of the Highlander, #2)