Start by marking “TIME The 100 Most Influential People Who Never Lived” as Want to Read:
TIME The 100 Most Influential People Who Never Lived

TIME The 100 Most Influential People Who Never Lived

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  51 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
We know them better than we know our friends: brilliant Sherlock Holmes; stingy Ebenezer Scrooge; the idealistic Don Quixote; the obsessed Captain Ahab. Hamlet is indecisive and world-weary; Romeo and Juliet are young, lusty and impulsive; Indiana Jones is dashing, learned and courageous.

We speak of men with Oedipus Complexes or Peter Pan Syndromes. We know women who drea
Published September 17th 2013 by Time

Be the first to ask a question about TIME The 100 Most Influential People Who Never Lived

Marathon County Public Library MCPL
If it weren't for characters like Sherlock Holmes, Santa Claus, Robin Hood, Lucy Ricardo, Falstaff, Norman Bates, King Lear, Jekyll & Hyde, Nancy Drew, Dracula and Wonder Woman, our lives would be immeasurably duller. This fascinating Time Home Entertainment release provides brief biographies/tributes to 100 characters from TV, films, literature, video games, etc. who have enriched our lives in one way or another. You can read it from cover to cover or just jump in at a random page and enjoy ...more
David
Oct 13, 2013 David rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!

NOTE: Not the hardcover Collectors' Edition but the softback/paperback/magazine edition.

Okay, the title pretty much tells you what the book is about, but like all books of lists the main point of interest is just as much who is left out as is who is included.

For example, we have the villain of the (original) Star Wars films, Darth Vader, but none of the heroes: Luke Skywalker, Han Solo or Princess Leia. Isn't Luk
Marilyn
Mar 05, 2014 Marilyn rated it it was amazing

This book would make a great coffee table book. As you flip through the pages you will see stuff from your childhood as well as your children's. It talks about television shows as well as books. Even your twenty-something children would enjoy this book. It is a great conversation starter or buy it as a gift to encourage someone to read. It will be a hit.
Eileen
Oct 02, 2014 Eileen rated it liked it
Shelves: other
We are reading this for book club. Some of the topics were too familiar and the writing style was too fluffy. I wanted to learn more facts about the cultural aspects we are exposed to with imaginary characters. Our members are creating a trivia game so that should be fun!
Charlotte
Apr 24, 2014 Charlotte rated it it was amazing
I think this magazine is really nice because it talks about so many different sorts of people/cartoon characters that are non-real but influenced us greatly. You really should read it!
Brassy
Apr 15, 2015 Brassy rated it liked it
I love the idea of this book and really enjoyed reading it. I just wish there was more substance and less fluff.
Arthur Cravan
Jan 30, 2014 Arthur Cravan rated it liked it
It was enjoyable. I particularly liked their entry on Homer Simpson.
Anna Rose
Dec 31, 2013 Anna Rose rated it it was amazing
This book was thoroughly enjoyable! It lists some of the best and most famous fictional characters. I recommend it to all book lovers.
Derek
Derek marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2016
Rachelle
Rachelle marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Aisha
Aisha added it
Jun 18, 2016
Kelli Santistevan
Kelli Santistevan marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Amal Aldrees
Amal Aldrees rated it it was ok
Apr 17, 2016
Pauline Belfiore
Pauline Belfiore marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
Maryann
Maryann is currently reading it
Mar 08, 2016
Megan Gery
Megan Gery marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
James
James marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2016
Theo Lusink
Theo Lusink marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Jiraphat Thongthangsai
Jiraphat Thongthangsai marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2015
Aboali
Aboali marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2015
Liz
Liz rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2015
Sandra Riojas
Sandra Riojas rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2015
Mahi
Mahi rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Anu
Anu rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2015
Moza Aldoseri
Moza Aldoseri marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015