TIME The 100 Most Influential People Who Never Lived

TIME The 100 Most Influential People Who Never Lived

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  8 reviews
We know them better than we know our friends: brilliant Sherlock Holmes; stingy Ebenezer Scrooge; the idealistic Don Quixote; the obsessed Captain Ahab. Hamlet is indecisive and world-weary; Romeo and Juliet are young, lusty and impulsive; Indiana Jones is dashing, learned and courageous.

We speak of men with Oedipus Complexes or Peter Pan Syndromes. We know women who drea...more
Published September 17th 2013 by Time

Be the first to ask a question about TIME The 100 Most Influential People Who Never Lived

Marathon County Public Library MCPL
If it weren't for characters like Sherlock Holmes, Santa Claus, Robin Hood, Lucy Ricardo, Falstaff, Norman Bates, King Lear, Jekyll & Hyde, Nancy Drew, Dracula and Wonder Woman, our lives would be immeasurably duller. This fascinating Time Home Entertainment release provides brief biographies/tributes to 100 characters from TV, films, literature, video games, etc. who have enriched our lives in one way or another. You can read it from cover to cover or just jump in at a random page and enjoy...more
Brenda
So I am currently reading four books and instead of finishing any of them, I picked up this magazine book. It kept falling out of the bookshelf and land in front of it. I think it was disappointed that I had not read it within hours of buying it, that it had been shoved aside for months now while Victorian romances and Killer vampires and Murderers waltz onto my reading list.

I liked this book. The main reason is any book that makes me want to explore other books or movies is a good book. A perso...more
David
Oct 13, 2013 David rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!

NOTE: Not the hardcover Collectors' Edition but the softback/paperback/magazine edition.

Okay, the title pretty much tells you what the book is about, but like all books of lists the main point of interest is just as much who is left out as is who is included.

For example, we have the villain of the (original) Star Wars films, Darth Vader, but none of the heroes: Luke Skywalker, Han Solo or Princess Leia. Isn't Luk...more
Marilyn

This book would make a great coffee table book. As you flip through the pages you will see stuff from your childhood as well as your children's. It talks about television shows as well as books. Even your twenty-something children would enjoy this book. It is a great conversation starter or buy it as a gift to encourage someone to read. It will be a hit.
Charlotte
I think this magazine is really nice because it talks about so many different sorts of people/cartoon characters that are non-real but influenced us greatly. You really should read it!
Jazzy (The Shattered Reader)
Pretty quick read. Could have put more better people but overall I liked it.
Young Napoleon
It was enjoyable. I particularly liked their entry on Homer Simpson.
Anna Rose
This book was thoroughly enjoyable! It lists some of the best and most famous fictional characters. I recommend it to all book lovers.
Nathanael
Nathanael marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Libraryangel
Libraryangel marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Naryman abd elnaby
Naryman abd elnaby marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Michelle
Michelle is currently reading it
Jul 31, 2014
Nicola Stratford
Nicola Stratford marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Meghana Ck
Meghana Ck marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Ashlie Ankenbruck
Ashlie Ankenbruck marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Brunno Macedo
Brunno Macedo marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Wendy
Wendy added it
Apr 12, 2014
Hugh Murphy
Hugh Murphy marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Holly
Holly added it
Mar 09, 2014
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Monica
Monica added it
Feb 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Time: Great Buildings Of The World: The World's Most Influential, Inspiring And Astonishing Structures TIME What to Eat Now Inside the Red Border: A history of our world, told through the pages of TIME magazine Time: New Space Discoveries TIME Civil Rights In America: How the Movement of the 1960s Created a New Nation