Start by marking “The Private School Murders (Confessions, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Private School Murders (Confessions, #2)

Read Excerpt

The Private School Murders (Confessions #2)

4.06  ·  Rating Details ·  9,008 Ratings  ·  896 Reviews
In the sequel to the #1 New York Times bestseller Confessions of a Murder Suspect, James Patterson keeps the confessions coming breathlessly as Tandy Angel delves deeper into her own tumultuous history-and proves that she can rise above the sordid Angel legacy.

Wealthy young women are being murdered on Manhattan's exclusive Upper West Side, and the police aren't looking fo
Published October 7th 2013 by jimmy patterson

Penny Naimsworth
Jan 10, 2014 Penny Naimsworth rated it did not like it
I gave this book a one-star rating based on what goodreads defines as "one star." Simply put, I just didn't like the book.

Now here's why...

1) Tandy: Argh, I read the first book in this series a long time ago, so I don't know how I felt about her then, but I can tell you now that I. Just. Don't. Like. Her! She just comes off as a pretentious know-it-all. I hated the way that she constantly dissed the NYPD and kept saying that she had "super-sharp instincts." The worst part is that she actually so
Kirsty-Marie Jones
Oh dear everything that's holy, my heart hurts. It freaking hurts.

The Private School Murders kicks off three months after Confessions of A Murder Suspect, Matthew's still in jail pending trial on a charge, the mystery of James Rampling is fracturing, and we get to know him and oh my fictional guy. This is the part where I could gush and fangirl, but you know what? James Rampling deserves more, so I'm saying I wish this guy was real. So damn real.

Anyway, back to topic, where was I? Right...

The A
Bookworm007
Nov 04, 2013 Bookworm007 rated it really liked it
Not as good as Maximum Ride, but still contain Patterson's signature attention-grabbing short chapters--which I like very much.

edit on Nov 4th, 2013

Ehh, my rating bends towards 3.5 stars.

I read the the 1st book at the beginning of this year and the only thing I remembered was Patterson's fast-paced attention-grabbing short chapters. The plot, mystery, and deduction wasn't at its best, but was still somewhat enjoyable. That being said, those were the only reasons I decided to read Confessions 2.
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

In Dept

Best Part:
Court room!
Worst Part: Still lost.
Thoughts Had: what?!; yay!!; huh!

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: eh

Short Review: Okay, this book was a bit better than book 1, mainly because hello court rooms scenes! I am *obsessed* with law &am
Sandra
The Private School Murders? It has a title now? And a release day too? Aaand a summary!?! Damn, I miss out a lot

Update: 7/15/13

Aaaand now it has a cover!?! Jeez, I'm out of it these days...
JJ
Aug 18, 2014 JJ rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Way better than the first, but still kind of ridiculous. New guardian Jacob and the unfortunately nicknamed BFF C.P. are great additions to an otherwise bland cast of siblings (Hugo tries, but...), and the details surrounding the Tamara Gee murder were quite spooky. There were a lot of B-plots that just didn't work for me, though. The authors have this odd habit of introducing weird cases and then keeping the reader in the dark until suddenly leaping straight at the conclusion, which rather ...more
Astrid Kinnunen
Jan 11, 2015 Astrid Kinnunen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014
I'm sorry, but you know I have a hard time writing reviews for books I like. I can tell you everything I hated about a book, but it's hard to explain why I like a book. It's like, "this is a brick. I like this brick because of reasons. This brick gives me feelings that overwhelm me but I don't care because I like this brick."

Anyway, for those of you who are actually reading this, it's a great continuation. Tandy is still badass, I still want to marry Harry, and OMFG I FRIGGIN SHIP IT!
Anthony Rodriguez
THAT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XxForeverXx_XxVampire_DiariezxxLuvsSHERLOCKandSUPERNATURAL
Feb 15, 2015 XxForeverXx_XxVampire_DiariezxxLuvsSHERLOCKandSUPERNATURAL rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the first book/author.
Recommended to XxForeverXx_XxVampire_DiariezxxLuvsSHERLOCKandSUPERNATURAL by: Goodreads.com, public library.
When I read the first book of the series, I thought it was pretty interesting and unique. So after reading the second book, I found it even better than the first book. In the first book there was the mystery of of who killed Tandy's parents. But here, there were multiple mysteries each which surprised me with the outcome. But it wasn't just solving mysteries, there was also a lot of love and romance whether it was between Tandy and her family or with memories of her first love. Overall, this ...more
Lanie
Aug 19, 2016 Lanie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Mystery lovers
Loved. So far, this is my very favorite James Patterson series. Ok, so I haven't read many books by him. I'm sure I've barely made a dent in his massive list of works. But so far, I have definitely enjoyed "confessions" the most.

I almost cried.

Twice.

Like, literally tearing up from this book.

:D if that's not a sign of a good writer, I don't know what is. Both Patterson and the co-author do such an amazing job creating such a clear voice for the narrator. I definitely like how she talks directly
(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
Tandy may have gotten over her parent’s murder case, but now her brother Matthew is in prison for murdering his girlfriend, whilst another killer stalks central park and seems to be murdering private school students.
Who murdered Matthew’s girlfriend? And can Tandy find out before it’s too late?

After reading book 1 in this series, I wasn’t going to read book 2, but after reading the first few pages to discover it was the same characters, it bugged me that I had
Hannah
Oct 10, 2013 Hannah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: patterson
Okay PLEASE tell me there's gonna be another one!! (I read that one too fast—it was too good to stop!)
As expected, James Patterson brought an exceptional book for me to indulge! There isn't a thing about it I don't love, and we'd be here all day to list what I did.
Bottom line, it was more than brilliant, and I need more!! (Especially after that ending!! Oh my God, I was SOOO happy!!!! More—at least one more! Please??)
♥Kel
May 28, 2014 ♥Kel rated it really liked it
It was such a page turner and i couldnt put it down, so excited for the next book. but theres still some unsolved mysteries. who killed their parents who killed the private school murders. like we still have unexplained mysteries and i was hoping we get to solve all three but i guess the suspense builds. and the ending was happy and ughhh, like there will definitely be a third book.
WatermeLoonie
Oct 15, 2013 WatermeLoonie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, mystery, amusing
'Twas epic!!!! I really loved this, definitely lived up to the standard of the first book, in my opinion, with all the mysteries. And I'm glad James got back with Tandy. That was sweet. I NEED THE THIRD BOOK. NOW IF YOU PLEASE.
carolina ☾
Mar 02, 2016 carolina ☾ rated it liked it
I simply can't connect to this series. Something doesn't feel right, It might be the writing or the characters.
Helga
Feb 27, 2016 Helga rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
James Patterson nunca me desilude. Apesar de a possibilidade do final ser ínfima, gostei muito :-)
Yvonne (It's All About Books)
brtheprivateschoolmurders
Finished reading: August 31st 2016
Rating 3qqq
“There is truth in dreams, but especially in nightmares.”

(view spoiler)
Mackenzie Bumgarner
I thought this book was very good and I would recommend it to anyone who likes murder mysteries.
Joy (joyous reads)
The Private School Murders continues the story of Tandy and her siblings. Recently orphaned, and soon-to-be destitute, the Angel kids didn’t really know how they’re to survived a world where they are held with equal parts contempt and awe by the public. Especially when Matt Angel, the oldest of the siblings, remains incarcerated for the double murder of his ex-girlfriend and their unborn child.

In the meantime, a lot of things are happening all at once: their uncle handed his guardianship title t
kari
Dec 20, 2013 kari rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, 2013
While I still love this narrator and the way the story is told, I did feel that a few of the mysteries were just a bit flat and didn't really tie in to anything. Just my opinion. They did show how smart Tandy is and how able she is to reason things out or follow where the clues lead her, but I did with the mysteries were a bit more relevant to the overall plot and had a bit more closure/reason to them.
Having said that, however, I did still completely enjoy this fast paced story. The characters a
Nicole Savitsky
Nov 27, 2014 Nicole Savitsky rated it it was amazing
I chose to read Confessions: The Private School Murders because I read the first book in the series and I wanted to continue reading the series.

Characters
The characters in Confessions:The Private School Murders are very unique. Tandy Angel, the narrator and protagonist, is only 16 and has a lot going on in her life. Her parents recently died, she saved her brother from going to jail, she battled a room full of poisonous creatures, her family is going bankrupt, and she reunited with her long los
Elsa
Feb 01, 2015 Elsa rated it it was amazing
Tandy Angel is BACK, y'all. and she's better than ever.

this time, she's got her emotions back. you'd be surprised how difficult that makes solving mysteries, but she's not about to give them up after going so long without them. her and her brothers have a new guardian- goodbye Uncle Peter, thank god- and he's pretty great. but not everything is going well.

at least not at first.

her brother Matthew is on trial and it's not looking good. even Matthew thinks he might be guilty. besides that, there's
Chyna
Jan 06, 2014 Chyna rated it really liked it
Confessions: The Private School Murders is about Tandy solving more cases and maybe finding her lost love James. The first killing was her parent’s being murdered; now it’s perky, private school girls being murdered. She just gets in everyone’s business, but she’s trying to help and she is. Some people find her annoying, maybe the police force, but after all she is doing stuff that even professionally trained police force can’t do. While trying to solve those cases she is trying to prove that ...more
Sophie Guidi
Susan Burns
Jul 07, 2015 Susan Burns rated it did not like it
This was the worst excuse for a mystery novel I've ever read. There were allegedly several "mysteries" going on, but each of them amounted to 1) main character hears about mystery [now fast forward through a few hundred pages of narcissistic whining], then 2) main character has an idea she doesn't tell the reader about (nevermind that part of the title is "Confessions") then solves the case with absolutely zero other clues along the way.

And the title is a COMPLETE misnomer. This book has as much
Gwen
Jan 11, 2015 Gwen rated it it was amazing
Confessions The Private School Murders is a very good, thrilling, exciting, and suspenseful book. It keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire time you read. James Patterson has written and excellent book and is, in my opinion, one of his best books from the ones I've read. James Patterson knows how to get the reader connected in the story and not just the main character, but every single character. He wrote this story in an excellent way and I felt that this book is an excellent choice for ...more
Michelle
Oct 09, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Most definitely another #1 best seller, for James Patterson. I fell in love with Miss Tandy in Confessions #1 and book #2 only enhanced my feelings for this character. Tandy may only be 16 but she's heading for and amazing career in law enforcement, I can see her with her own PI business. She's got the smarts to pull it off. However I'd have to say that in this book I think my heart went out to Jacob!!! Time for a brand new life, in a new place with renewed love. I will be waiting impatiently ...more
Cyndi
Mar 09, 2016 Cyndi rated it really liked it
I really like these stories. Patterson does a fairly good job finding the voice of a 16 year old girl. Of course, it helps that Tandy is such an unusual girl. The whole teenage detective being taken so seriously by the police is a bit far-fetched, but, ok. The only part that really stretches the imagination, even beyond the fact that everyone answers her questions and treats her like a 30 year veteran detective, is how quickly she solves crimes. The steps taken to come to the conclusions of ...more
Yves Brunet
Jan 23, 2014 Yves Brunet rated it did not like it
I started this book but gave up on it. the premise is totally unbelievable. both parents killed, children suspected of murders, older brother is in prison for killing his girlfriend, Did I say that he was a star athlete who earned 5 million doolars a year? And the parents were feeding drugs to their drugs. and all this in the first few pages. No thank. James pPatterson, you have become pretty cheesy.
Eden
Nov 15, 2015 Eden rated it it was amazing
The Confessions, The Private School Murders was yet again another fantastic book written by James Patterson! It was interesting and had me reading until it was 11 o'clock at night. What happened in the books wasn't what I expected to happen to the Angels, considering it wasn't about their parents, but their oldest brother. And the ending had me feeling warm inside just knowing everything was going good for the Angels now... This is the second book from the Confessions series.
  • Truth and Dare: 20 Tales of Heartbreak and Happiness
  • The NKJV, American Patriot's Bible, Hardcover: The Word of God and the Shaping of America
  • By Faith Alone
  • God's Creative Power Will Work For You
  • The Making Of A Leader
  • Prayers That Bring Change: Power-Filled Prayers that Give Hope, Heal Relationships, Bring Financial Freedom and More!
  • What We Lost in the Dark (What We Saw at Night, #2)
  • Sweet, Hereafter (Heaven, #3)
  • The Jewish Code
  • Does Your Tongue Need Healing
  • Resonance (Dissonance #2)
  • This Day We Fight!: Breaking the Bondage of a Passive Spirit
  • Navy SEAL Security (Brothers in Arms, #1)
  • The Prophet's Dictionary: The Ultimate Guide to Supernatural Wisdom
  • The Rules Of Engagement: The Art of Strategic Prayer and Spiritual Warfare
  • Baygirl
  • The Spirit of Python: Identify what constricts your life and kills your dreams
  • Self Incrimination
Official US Site
Official UK Site
BookShots
JIMMY Patterson Books
Official Site for James Patterson's Middle School Series
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. As of January 2016, he has sold over 350
More about James Patterson...

Confessions (4 books)
  • Confessions of a Murder Suspect (Confessions, #1)
  • The Paris Mysteries (Confessions, #3)
  • The Murder of an Angel (Confessions, #4)

“Do you love me?" James asked suddenly
"Yes. I do." I didn't even have to think about it. It was so freeing
"I love you, too," he replied. "I've never said that to anyone before."
It was so hard to believe. "Really?"
He grinned and gazed out the window. "Well, except my first motorcycle, Ramona. But she was a Ducati, so you can blame me. In fact, I think I might have loved her more than I love you."
I punched James in the spot between his chest and shoulder.”
5 likes