Start by marking “Quirk Books D.I.Y. Gift Guide” as Want to Read:
Quirk Books D.I.Y. Gift Guide

Quirk Books D.I.Y. Gift Guide

This FREE ebook offers 18 DIY gifts for the bookworm, foodie, animal lover, significant other, kid or geek in your life.
ebook
Published November 27th 2012 by Quirk Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Quirk Books D.I.Y. Gift Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quirk Books D.I.Y. Gift Guide

Christina
Apr 24, 2013 Christina rated it liked it
I enjoyed the book, but I wish it was more focused. Some of the gifts sound cute, but I can't imagine giving those items to someone, or getting some of these as gifts. The DIYs:
Tiny Books
(cute books, great directions)
Cat Book Covers
(needle felted cats to felt)
Lightning Tshirt
(stenciling on a shirt using freezer method)
Flower Sticks
(paper flower cutouts on sticks)
Vanilla-Bean Meringue Kisses
(if this tastes good, a great gift)
Pink Champagne Cake
(if it tastes good, a great gift)
Mallow Cones
(if it t
Dawn
Oct 17, 2013 Dawn rated it it was amazing
I just love graft time with family and friends! This book has things I haven't done but, wanted to try. It's all very simple and I had more craft ideas come in mind while reading it alone! I definitely suggest this to people who like creating things,including food items! Besides, it's free to look through
Andrea Lawson
Okay book

This is good for adults, but when 12 year old Daria started reading this she got to the champagne cake and didn't know what to think.
cierra
Jan 11, 2014 cierra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great tips

this book tells you great diy tips a really liked the one with the dog pocket for a iphone or iPod or even phones things like that.
Charles T Richardson
Cute and sassy

Love the idea of using this stuff for a variety of reasons. Getting attention and being a great party gift and party prizes.

Angel Shaw
Dec 21, 2016 Angel Shaw rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really useful ideas

Some clever crafts and D I Y ideas for nor all everyday items and gives it a while new use. Good for anyone who has a limited amount of space or fancies making an old item have a revamp and making it fit I to your house,garage etc.
Amy Adams
Dec 14, 2012 Amy Adams rated it really liked it
This is actually a smart little book. It's pretty short, but it has samples of some super cute projects that people of any age or skill level can accomplish. Publisher Quirk Books compiled a sampler of some of its popular crafting books for this season, combining selections from Craft-A-Day, Booze Cakes, Tiny Food Party, Crafting With Cat Hair, and six of their other books to create a nifty little guide that will make you want to go out and get copies of all the other books! My favorite project ...more
Meghan
Mar 27, 2013 Meghan rated it liked it
I was back and forth about getting this book ... what got me to download it was it's price (free) and the fact that a lot of the reviewers on Amazon that didn't like it said that the recipes were good and that it was more like a book for kids. Since I babysit as a side job on the weekends - and I am a purveyor of delectable fare and pulchritudinous confections - how could I not at least give it a try?

The reviewers were right. Most of the crafts were things that I would not actually make someone
Tammy
Feb 11, 2016 Tammy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some good ideas

I really liked the homemade vanilla. I had no idea it was that easy to make but two months is a long time to wait to be able to use it or give as a gift. The vanilla flavored sugar is a great idea as well and only requires a couple of days before gifting or using. I bet it's great in coffee! The third idea I liked is the mini pop tarts. Can't wait to try these.
Michelle's Book
I was given an ARC in exchange for my honest opinion. This book cover is on my Pinterest board and my blog, Michelle Dragalin’s Journey. I have to apologize, I thought I had included the review. The covers how make several different kinds of covers. It provides the description, materials and a picture of the final project. It well organized, but kind of dull.
stephanie moroianu
I expected more...

The ideas I side are super cute! But I did expect more recipes , more ideas , and a range of things for different people. The book is not bad , more variety and for the variety to fall on different parts of the spectrum....
Yvonne
Apr 04, 2014 Yvonne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely

Lovely

This is a crafters book. The projects within are very nice, well explained and illustrated. The projects are also inexpensive yet look very professional.
Mikele Luckfelt-meether
Fun easy great ideas

Wonderful little book. I found lots of ideas to have fun with my nieces. My youngest will love the poptarts. The directions are clear and precise and I think I'm going to try making my own vanilla extract and sugar
Rosanne Marie Taylor
Easy read with simple projects

I enjoyed this book & feel it has several projects to choose from, they are fairly simple & includes something for everyone. I would recommend this book.
Kellie
Nov 08, 2016 Kellie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good ideas for gift season

Enjoyed these simple crafts for everyone on your gift list. Can't wait to try some of the sweets this year.
Bret bailosky
Jan 08, 2016 Bret bailosky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was interesting... a lot of home-made ideas

I liked it I would recommend it very crafty and cool ideas.. Would like to ry some of the ideas in the book
Lena
Sep 09, 2013 Lena rated it it was ok
Shelves: all, crafts
These projects don't really interest me. The pure vanilla extract seems interesting. I might try some but I don't know.
Ashley
Jun 17, 2014 Ashley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm not into the craft projects but some of the recipes I'd want to try.
I'm glad I downloaded this free ebook from amazon.
craig e pittman
Jul 17, 2014 craig e pittman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth the read

Worth the read

This book has been plenty of good ideas. I really enjoy using it. Gifts that you can make with your children, too.
Egg Head
Dec 28, 2013 Egg Head rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mostly Anyone
Shelves: art-crafts
Really good craft ideas that are cute and not to hard to do. They're pretty good at explaining how to make them all in my opinion.It would be great for yourself or even fun for kids.
Susan V
Ok

Some nice ideas for small gifts. Good photos and instructions. Nothing really moves me, but someone else will find some inspiration.
Carson hall
Jan 20, 2013 Carson hall rated it liked it
I think this is a great book for very committed and serious crafters. There are a lot of cute and original ideas, but I have to admit, I am way to lazy to take time to do them.
Jillian DeMarco
Mar 19, 2013 Jillian DeMarco rated it liked it
cute little book. the champagne cake looked so good! but like another reviewer said, I am too lazy to do most of them. anything beyond a simple cake is not for me.
Pam Foldenauer
May 06, 2015 Pam Foldenauer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some pretty good ideas for me to incorporate into Mary Kay gifts
Katrina
Feb 01, 2015 Katrina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read for a day

I love it nice and easy read
Pradeepmani Dixit
Good enough

Not so much DIY from scratch as I expected. But good for those who have resources at hand and maybe a craft store to spend money on.
Loretta Santistevan
Amazing

I chooses this rating because it was amazing I loved this book so much I would the author to make more
Stacy
Nov 26, 2015 Stacy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sewing-crafting
Dec 16, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
Simple, easy, cute and quick crafts fun for or to do with the little ones (with supervision).
Bridget Carbello
Kid friendly

Love this it is one of those few DYI books that the kids will have so much fun with.especially with the portion section.
  • May Martin's Sewing Bible e-short 1: Everything You Need to Get You Started
  • Quilting Techniques for Beginners: Learn How to Quilt
  • Clean It! A to Z Guide of How to Clean Your Home
  • Manly Knits
  • How to Sew: Basics
  • It's Only Natural: 200 natural cleaning product recipes to have
  • Lion Brand's New Fall Collection: 15 Free Crochet Scarf Patterns, Afghan Patterns, and More
  • Welcome to Our Home - Knit and Crochet Ideas from Red Heart
  • Guitar Mastery Simplified: How Anyone Can Quickly Become a Strumming, Chords, and Lead Guitar Ninja
  • Garden Guide - A No Nonsense, No PhD, No Fuss Guide to Great Gardens with Hand-Holding How To's for Beginners and Straightforward Instruction for Advanced Gardeners
  • The Beginners Guide To Knitting - Learn How To Knit The Easy Way
  • Household DIY: Save Time and Money with Do It Yourself Hints & Tips on Furniture, Clothes, Pests, Stains, Residues, Odors and More!
  • The Instant Genius
  • Declutter your life
  • Basic Soap Making: All the Skills and Tools You Need to Get Started
  • 50 Keys To Better Photography!
  • 50 Ways to Protect Your Identity in a Digital Age: New Financial Threats You Need to Know and How to Avoid Them
  • Master Your DSLR Camera: A Better Way To Learn Digital Photography