Start by marking “Blood Money” as Want to Read:
Blood Money

Blood Money

On the surface, Iraqi-born Azzam Abdullah is nothing more than the unremarkable head of accounting for what is, by all appearances, an innocuous global conglomerate. What's not so innocuous is the fact that Sun Corp is one of the biggest terrorism financiers in the world.

After years of informing on Sun Corp's secret deals to the CIA, an unfortunate confluence of events bri
Published February 4th 2013 by Champagne Books (first published February 3rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Money, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Money

Cindy Springer
Jan 08, 2015 Cindy Springer rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: teens, young adults, and just about any one who loves suspense stories.
Recommended to Cindy by: a friend
From the time I started reading Blood Money, the tale of Azzam, it was clear he was no ordinary accountant. By the end of this nail-biting adventure, Azzam had the distinction of being the only accountant that has ever made my heart pound. (view spoiler) I enjoyed the twist in the plot that takes Azzam across the Atlantic into the US and the life of an ordinary person not unlike myself. In this day and age a story like this could actually ...more
Annett
May 23, 2014 Annett rated it it was amazing
This was a great read. I forget how much I enjoy a good thriller. I have this 5 stars because I wanted there to be more. So hopefully a sequel will come! This is the type of story that will easily translate to a screenplay for a movie. I wouldn't be surprised if Erika Mitchell was entertaining discussions with producers.
The Readers Cafe
Feb 06, 2013 The Readers Cafe rated it it was amazing
Blood Money, published by Champagne Books, tells the story of Azzam Abdullah, an Iraqi-born accountant living and working in London for Sun Corp.

Sun Corp has a squeaky-clean image, but only a handful of trusted employees know its true purpose: a front for global Islamic extremist terrorism.

When Azzam’s employer finds out Azzam’s been informing on him to the CIA, he kidnaps a woman from Azzam’s past to ensure his surrender.

A stranger in a foreign land, Azzam has the dubious honor of deciding betw
Jun 10, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it
See more reviews on The Best Books Ever!

Blood Money is a fast-paced story following Azzam after he is outed as an informer for the CIA on his employer's shadowy dealings in financing and supplying weapons for acts of terror across the world. Azzam, who knew this day would come eventually, has to flee, but his old boss isn't going to let him get away so easily. Along the way, we meet a diverse cast of characters, including a multi-national group of mercenaries tasked with identifying the mole in
StardustShadowhunter
Jul 25, 2016 StardustShadowhunter rated it really liked it
Firstly, I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway. Thank you, Mrs. Mitchell!

I enjoyed this book splendidly. While short in length, it was amazing written with likable characters and a thrilling plot. I wish it was longer but in the end, I think the shortness really helped the plot from going off the deep end.I could not put it down.For me, Mrs. Mitchell really captured realistic characters especially with Ashley Prather. I laughed, I cried a little and really hated Omar while feeling awful for Sh
Destiny
Aug 30, 2013 Destiny rated it it was amazing
Full review contains spoilers and can be found at the link below.

Once I reached the second chapter, I was not only invested in Blood Money, but I was certainly an Erika Mitchell fan. With interesting plot points and a gradual curve to the suspense building, Blood Money does not disappoint the reader who craves action and thrills. The author has an interesting writing voice that simply captivates her readers.

I love thrillers and suspense novels, with or without the romantic elements. I'm also a
Sandy Hickey
Jan 12, 2015 Sandy Hickey rated it it was amazing
What a page turner. This story kept me on the edge while reading. It's a CIA thriller that takes place on 2 continents as well as going from the east coast to west coast. I can't wait for the sequel. Hoping it comes out real soon.

With all the terrorism happening in our world, I found this book opened my eyes to the "what if" and answered "what can happen." Thank goodness we have CIA Agent Bai on our side. Can't wait to see what he does next.

This book deserves to become a movie. It will easily tr
K.S.R. Burns
Jan 12, 2015 K.S.R. Burns rated it it was amazing
Terrorists are much in the news, lately and always, sad to say. Blood Money takes a new and penetrating look into this dark world, putting human faces on many without excusing any of their actions. Courage and cowardice are found in unexpected locales throughout this tale, and the people who daily risk their lives to protect our society from this ongoing threat are portrayed with wit, insight, and compassion. A fast, engaging, and suspenseful read. Worth the time.
Delisa
Mar 25, 2013 Delisa rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: favorites
I really enjoyed this book. This author has a way with words that makes her stand out in the vast sea of thriller writers. Most anyone can write an action/adventure thriller-type novel, but Erika Mitchell takes the genre to a whole new level with her refined literary prowess. Despite the ugliness of the subject matter (terrorism, kidnapping, etc.), the author finds a way to tell the story exquisitely. Well done!
KAY SARGENT
Jan 23, 2015 KAY SARGENT rated it liked it
I liked this book. Good read. Accelerated to a good ending though I was sorry to see one character go. People do change or wake up from the path they were steered onto.
Mia Tobia
Sep 25, 2014 Mia Tobia rated it it was amazing
such a good book, leaves you on edge ! can't get enough.
Amanda
Oct 11, 2014 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Great read! Can't wait for the next one!
Uggy Higgins
Blood Money by Erika Mitchell. I thought was OK but not a whole lot more. The book starts of no too bad and is actually rather interesting. However the last few chapters kind of ruined it for me. It is so predictable. It reads like a cheap TV movie. Not a lot of research went into this story, not that that is always a necessity but this is a little too simple for my taste.
Phyllis Gauker
Sep 08, 2014 Phyllis Gauker rated it liked it
Victoria Shepherd
May 23, 2016 Victoria Shepherd rated it liked it
I was absolutely riveted throughout most of the book. but the author has a pattern of seemingly slapping the ending on and throwing in unecessary additional plot twists that seem unwarranted.
Scott Morrison
Scott Morrison rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
Vari
Vari rated it it was ok
Nov 04, 2013
Gregg Portch
Gregg Portch rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Rowena Portch
Rowena Portch rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2014
James Lynam
James Lynam rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2014
Delisa
Delisa rated it it was amazing
Audra Willett
Audra Willett rated it it was amazing
Debbie Chaney
Debbie Chaney rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2015
Brooke
Brooke rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2013
Chelsea
Chelsea rated it really liked it
J.talbott
J.talbott rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2014
Gabriella Rina
Gabriella Rina marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2013
Cindy Gates
Cindy Gates marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Lisa Ann (Ketsy)
Lisa Ann (Ketsy) marked it as to-read
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Ashley Barrieau
Ashley Barrieau marked it as to-read
Joyce
Joyce marked it as to-read
Naushin
Naushin marked it as to-read
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Zoe Tuffen
Zoe Tuffen marked it as to-read
Kay Smillie
Kay Smillie marked it as to-read
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jo Evans
Jo Evans marked it as to-read
Mick
Mick marked it as to-read
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Ganga
Ganga marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Tamara Anderson
Tamara Anderson marked it as to-read
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Tasha
Tasha marked it as to-read
Jason Webber
Jason Webber marked it as to-read
Megan Mcgrath
Megan Mcgrath marked it as to-read
Gregg
Gregg marked it as to-read
Daryl Moad
Daryl Moad marked it as to-read
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
  • The Wizard's Shield
  • Moryak: A Novel of the Russian Revolution
  • City of Promises
  • Papadaddy's Book for New Fathers: Advice to Dads of All Ages
  • Inside the Other Side: Soul Contracts, Life Lessons, and How Dead People Help Us, Between Here and Heaven
  • Night Must Wait
  • The Goblet
  • The Hard Bounce
  • The Seven Stars
  • Resurrecting Harry
  • An Affair of Deceit
  • Hot Pursuit (The Bounty Hunters, #6)
  • The Cursed Nile (JJ Sterling, #2)
  • The Nexus Complex: A Personal Guide to Truth
  • The Lesson of the Lost Horse - A Chinese-American Journey of Hope and Love
  • What Precision, Such Restraint
  • Undercurrents
  • A Thing Done
Erika Mitchell is a thriller writer specializing in espionage. Her first book, Blood Money, dealt with the high-stakes reality of life as a CIA informant, while her new series revolves around the fantastical life of a CIA case officer who works in the field.

Her novels are characterized by vivid settings, snappy dialogue, and fast-paced plots, and her dedication to research is evident in the numero
More about Erika Mitchell...