Start by marking “Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)” as Want to Read:
Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)

Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter #4)

4.24  ·  Rating Details  ·  34,326 Ratings  ·  1,032 Reviews
What do you get when you have an immortal Viking warrior no one can remember five minutes after he leaves their presence, and a demon on the run for her life who is being pursued by one seriously pissed-off demigod?

That would be my life.

It started out simple enough. One night I went to save a woman in trouble. The next thing I knew, the doorway to hell had opened and out s
Published December 10th 2013 by St. Martin's Press (first published 2004)

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsTwilight by Stephenie MeyerHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Couldn't Put The Book Down
261st out of 6,283 books — 8,199 voters
Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostDarkfever by Karen Marie MoningDark Lover by J.R. WardMoon Called by Patricia BriggsMagic Bites by Ilona Andrews
Best ADULT Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance
321st out of 2,874 books — 6,653 voters

More lists with this book...

Exina
"I will not let you go without a fight."

The Prologue tells the legend of Atlantis, of the race of Apollites, and a mistake Apollo had made a long time ago through which now the world is threatened by its very end.

Sherrilyn Kenyon has built a logical, deliberate, consequent, and complex world.

Kiss of the Night is a peculiar book of the series, as for the heartbreaking parts, because the prime tragedy is set in the present, not in the past. Although Wulf’s background story is sad, what truly b
Alkyoni

Dark Hunter Flashcard #4

Name: Wulf Tryggvasen

Age: 1,275 give or take

Former Occupation: Viking

Special D.H. power: Nobody remembers him for more than 5 minutes after they've met him.

Reason why he became a D.H. : It’s complicated.

If you really wanna know, there isn’t one. His one night stand lover stole his soul and turned him into a D.H in her place.

So like I said, it’s complicated.

Best thing that came out of his mouth : Yeah, well, I don’t let anyone screw me until they kiss me, and since ther
Julianna
Sep 27, 2010 Julianna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the DH Series, Sherrilyn Kenyon and/or PNR Romance
Reviewed for THC Reviews
Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter series has been rather hit and miss with me, and although I can't say that Kiss of the Night was the best book I've read in the series so far, it was pretty good overall. That's not to say that I didn't do quite a bit of eye-rolling during the first half of the story, because there were certainly some things that provoked my incredulity even for a fantasy world. There are things that happened which I felt stretched the bounds of credibility,
Tina
Feb 01, 2008 Tina rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
After the big high of Reading Zarek's book Dance With The Devil I was sure I had turned a corner with this series. Up to Zarek's book, I've not been overly impressed with the writing or the romance elements, but have really enjoyed the Dark Hunter mythos, the background with the Gods and the ongoing mystery of just what the heck is Archeron.

So I was ready to curl up and enjoy this one. Instead up until the very end, I was totally bored. What I enjoyed the most about the previous books, the Dark-
Alp
There's a very good story here. It grabbed me right from the beginning and held me there till the end. This is the fourth book in Dark-Hunter series, focuses on Wulf Tryggvasen, the Dark-Hunter, and Cassandra Peters, half human and half Apollite.

Wulf was a Viking warrior who was turned into a Dark-Hunter. He had been cursed that no human who met him or heard his voice could remember him 5 minutes later, except for his descendant, and he had only one family member left.

Cassandra was born to a hum
Sophia Triad
Wulf Tryggvase & Cassandra Elaine Peters

Why Wulf become a dark hunter: Hmm, his story was a bit different from the rest of the dark hunters. He looked for someone to sooth his pain after his brother died, Morginne (a dark huntress) was his one night stand lover who during their sexual encounter traded souls with him. Her lover Norse god Loki helped her. Moreover, Morginne cursed him that nobody mortal would remember him.
Moral of the story: Be careful of your night stands. You may wake up im
Carmen
Mar 02, 2016 Carmen rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Paranormal romance fans
I would explain the plot, but this is one of those stories that don't make sense unless you've read the first 7 books. Let's see if I can simplify things: Two people who are natural enemies fall in love. They are both tragically doomed in different ways. The female is doomed to die on her 27th birthday, and the male is doomed to live a lonely life since no one can remember him five minutes after talking to/seeing him.

THE GOOD:
- The plot. I was riveted by the choices people had to make. What mak
Mer
Aug 17, 2015 Mer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kickass heroine, I approved.

Not much of combat scenes much to my disappointment.

Things happened quite sudden between H/h and luckily I chose to ignore that and simply enjoying the story instead.

The only horror I experienced with the book is I was worried the author might kill the heroine because she sure gave impression of happily-NEVER-after for the duo. Anyway, she didn't YAY. I'm glad because I don't think I could have it again after J.R.Ward-main-character-killing-episode in BDB.

Lastly,
Esther Langdon
Jan 26, 2016 Esther Langdon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4'5. Esta mujer me va a matar con esta pasada de libros. No me imaginaba así la historia de Wulf y Cassandra, pero está genial ^^
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
Tilly Slaton
Nov 17, 2011 Tilly Slaton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kiss of the Night is the Dark-Hunter series story of Wulf and Cassandra.

Wulf is your run of the mill Dark-Hunter who was betrayed. Shocker? A woman tricked him out of his soul. Took his, gave him hers. Now, he’s immortal and is cursed with something even more brutal than your usual oh woe is me. Everyone who meets him, forgets his existence within 5 minutes. The only person who remembers him is Chris, a direct descendant of his brother, his bloodline.

An over-protective Dark-Hunter sucks just a b
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
I really liked the heroine, Cassandra, in this book. She's going to die in 8 months because she's an Apollite & they all die horribly, painfully on their 27th birthday, but she still lives her life in joy. She kicks ass, has a metal fan with blades, and is 6'1. Her 6'4 bodyguard, Kat, is awesome as well - and I really want to know about her heritage.

Wulf, the Dark Hunter hero, is nice. I liked him, even if he is a black haired Viking and I like to think of them all being scrumptious blond g
Juli
Feb 07, 2016 Juli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
No puedo creer que esta autora siga logrando que me enamore de todos y cada uno de sus personajes. Wulf es simplemente un Vikingo perfecto. Me encanto Chris, era el que mas sonrisas me sacaba; muchas veces tuve que dejar de lado el libro para reirme y dsps continuar. Simplemente logra mantenerte atrapada de principio a fin!!!
Anka
Jan 26, 2016 Anka rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: en-casa
Ya sé que me repito, pero es que me ha gustado más ahora que hace 5 años. He entendido mejor las cosas y he estado más atenta a todas las pistas que Sherrilyn nos va dejando.
Estefanía Álvarez
Jan 25, 2016 Estefanía Álvarez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tengo
4.5/5 Me ha gustado mucho, no llega a ser Zarek, pero está muy bien ^^
Jilly
Nov 24, 2015 Jilly rated it it was ok
One of my least favorites so far. It was too much like the latest Black Dagger Brotherhood where they were just sitting around crying about the girl's imminent death. So, you are cursed to die at 27. Waa waa waaa. I don't see why I have to suffer by reading about how sad you are that you will never get to watch your child grow up. It's so unfair. To me.

So, in this book, we have Wulf, who's kind of a racist; and Cassandra, who is the race that Wulf hates. They meet and he impregnates her in a dre
Tessa Teevan
Sep 24, 2015 Tessa Teevan rated it it was amazing
I have no words. Sherrilyn Kenyon never ceases to amaze me!

Reread: July 2015
Kelly
The last time I did a full series reread, I made the mistake of reading this book as soon as I finished Zarek's book. That was a bad idea, as it turned out because I was still slightly emotionally distraught from everything Z had to go through in his really awful human life. This time, I gave myself a few weeks between books and ended up being terribly, terribly excited to dive back into this world. This book is a trove of new information that expands the overall world and we'll end up seeing SO ...more
Sara Kate
This is my first 5 star for this series. I loved Wulf and Cassandra. Right off the bat, Wulf's story tugged on the heart strings. How lonely an exsistance for him that no on remembers him once he walks out of the room except Chris, his squire because he is from his bloodline or other Dark Hunters that can't be near him or they drain each other's powers. All that changes once he meets Cassandra.... she is the first person to remeber him after he saved her life at a club. She is half Appolite and ...more
Ravioli Rachel
Mar 03, 2013 Ravioli Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this one.

Cassandra made me cry ridiculously. (view spoiler)

weep
Kenyon definitely knows how to make me weep when she writes her characters.

Even though it's following a bit of a pattern, Dark-Hunter finds special someone, Dark-Hunter falls in love, Dark-Hunter ends up gaining his soul back, she is abl
PepperP0t
Apollites, Daimons and Spathis converge as Dark Hunter Wulf Tygveggan's new assignment has become protecting Cassandra Peters. They are Wulf's enemies but as an Apollite, Cassandra is on the other side of Wulf's equation as well. She's also the greatest hope for Daimon survival.

The only cursed DH, Wulf is an extremely sympathetic character without the cry your eyes out back story. Cassandra bears her fate stoically making her a very easy character to empathize with as well. Cassandra's intellig
Angie
Nov 19, 2015 Angie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I’m still not sure exactly what I feel about this book as a whole. The first half of the book was terrible, but the second half was fantastic.

I really liked Wulf a lot at first, but quickly found myself disliking him. As soon as he found out Cassandra is an Apollite he goes from treating her like a person (in his dreams) to treating her like she’s something he accidentally stepped in. He keeps this attitude toward her even after a very big announcement (he does treat her slightly better, but onl
Darcy
Jul 04, 2012 Darcy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't believe how many times this book had me tearing up. I really liked how the author showed us a different side to the Apollites, one that showed them facing their deaths with a strength and dignity most of us only hope for.

I liked that as the book went on Wulf allowed himself to have an open mind with what he considered his enemies. He started to see them as the people they were, instead of people he needs to kill ASAP. I even liked it when Wulf told Cassandra to go Damion because at th
AJ
Jun 15, 2012 AJ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this! A solid 4.5 stars!

Both Wulf and Cassandra were great characters and I loved the originality of the way they came together. This led into a HUGELY exciting twist in the story, and I loved watching how the relationship all unfolded from there. And because all of this happened pretty early on in the book, we got some quality time with them as a couple… I love that!!!

This book had a bit of a different feel to it than the others I’ve read in the series. There was a lot more world-building
Michelle
May 26, 2009 Michelle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There are several really great paranormal writers our there. Having said that, I wish I could give Sherrilyn Kenyon better reviews because she is a very good story teller - she is just horribly unoriginal. She writes in such a way that you really enjoy her characters and you want to know more about them almost as soon as you pick up the book, but again this story had the exact same plot as all her others. Dark and mysterious boy meets pretty girl, boy and girl fall in love/have hot sex, boy and ...more
faeriemyst
Jan 08, 2008 faeriemyst rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: paranormal romance lovers
Another great book in the Dark-Hunter series! The love story was nicely done, and both Cassandra and Wulf were great characters. My only minor complaint is that some of the dialogue was awkward and stilted, the modern references were unnecessary (Britney Spears, etc. I always hate that in a book, it makes it feel so dated), and the book had a few editing problems (for example, in Elysia, one of the Apollites was called a Daimon). Other than that, the book was terrific. I especially liked how She ...more
Dominika
Jun 20, 2015 Dominika rated it liked it
3.5
The BookChick
I liked the story. It wasn't my favorite DH book but I like seeing the other side of the Daimons and Apollites. Not only that, I appreciate how Kenyon allowed a DH to understand their plight by allowing Wulf to fall in love with Cassandra. As with all her books, I enjoy how she meshes history and mythology to create unique and interesting tales full of wonderful characters.
Kathryn
Jan 28, 2009 Kathryn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leah
I love Wulf.
'Nough said.
A Million More Pages: 5 - Kiss of the Night (DH): May 6 66 30 Jun 08, 2015 07:22AM
Kenyons Minions: Kiss of the Night BOTM 6 89 Dec 08, 2013 05:48AM
The Lost Challenges: Book 5 Kiss of the Night (Mar 1 to 15) 67 23 Jul 17, 2013 12:52AM
Order of Series 3 44 Jul 18, 2012 06:50PM
Kenyon Minions 1 16 Feb 12, 2008 12:50AM
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld #6)
  • Atlantis Unleashed (Warriors of Poseidon,  #3)
  • Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark #5)
  • Desire Unchained (Demonica #2)
  • Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4)
  • Mind Game (GhostWalkers, #2)
  • Taken by the Night (Brotherhood of Blood, #3)
  • Tempting the Fire (ACRO, #5)
  • Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling, #4)
  • Elijah (Nightwalkers, #3)
  • Vampire, Interrupted (Argeneau #9)
Official Author site
Official Author Free Mobile App
US Publisher Kenyon site
Official UK Publisher Kenyon site
Official Chronicles of Nick site
Official Taiwan Publisher Dark-Hunter site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Menyons (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...

Dark-Hunter (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)
  • Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)
  • Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #3)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #1)
  • Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter #6)
  • Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter #7)
  • Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
  • The Dream Hunter (Dark-Hunter #10, Dream-Hunter #1)
  • Devil May Cry (Dark-Hunter, #11)

“Life is a tapestry woven by the decisions we make.” 594 likes
“Law of the jungle. The betrayee gets to eat the betrayer.
--Dante Pontis ”