Start by marking “To Dance With the Devil (Blood Singer, #6)” as Want to Read:
To Dance With the Devil (Blood Singer, #6)

To Dance With the Devil (Blood Singer #6)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  942 ratings  ·  66 reviews
The successful urban fantasy series continues as Celia
Graves—part human, part vampire, part Siren—faces black
magic and heartbreak.

Celia Graves’s newest client is one of the last surviving members of a magical family that is trapped in a generations-old feud with other magic-workers. She’s supposed to die at the next full moon unless Celia can broker peace between the clans
Published November 5th 2013 by Tor Books

Christina
Liking the sound of that description, Bye Bye Bruno you douche! She needs to go repair things with John after that BS lack of a breakup we didnt get in the last book!

REVIEW: HUGE IMPROVEMENT over the last book! There was an actual decent story in this book, though at six books into a series there really should be an overall story/theme that ties all the books together. I'm still not happy about Ceilia being with Bruno, but it wasn't all of the book so I was able to stomach it for the most part.
Ferdy
Spoilers

Not impressed. It was better than the last book but it still failed to deliver in several areas, I was most disappointed in the lack of character development and Celia's stagnant relationships with various loved ones.

-What's what: Vampire-siren hybrid, Celia, is attacked by some big bad mage and she and her friends have to fight him. So yea, it was the typical good guys have to defeat the bad-guy-of-the-week type plot line.

-I used to like Celia, she was a bit of an underdog and had a so
Jessica ❁ Elsecaller ❁ at Rabid Reads
Hmmm . . . kind of a departure from the previous books as no Big Bad demon is trying to take over the world and get Celia in the process. And Creed is back. At least in the periphery.

I liked this book better than the last one. The Eldritch Conspiracy just pissed me off. Creed was gone with virtually no explanation and there was just a stagnant overall feel to the whole thing. Things seem to be moving along again in To Dance With the Devil, but I'm still not rooting for Bruno.

Not a Bruno fan. A
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

While I haven’t kept up with the Blood Singer series as much as I should have TO DANCE WITH THE DEVIL makes me want to go back and read all of the previous books. In some cases starting a series off six books in is not recommended considering the changes characters and plots have over time which can be hard for a new reader. This is pure Urban Fantasy at its best with a smart, sassy heroine trying to solve a particularly dangerous magical murder plot al
Bookmom
Celia meets with a woman who wants to hire her to protect her daughter, but when Celia points out that the woman isn’t telling the whole truth, the woman storms out without hiring her. Bad decision. Celia does get involved when the powerful bad guy tries to warn Celia off after a seer tells him she’ll be in his way.

There is a major growth issue for Celia in the story when it comes to her family and what she’s always felt she was responsible for. Celia also learns to ask for help from her widenin
Cathy
Looking back over previous reviews, I see that my memory is correct and I've been up & down on this series a bit. I've always really liked Celia as a hero, she's a good mix of smart and brave, a survivor for her whole life, not just from the vampire attack, witty without being too snarky, with a nice dose of vulnerability. I think the authors created a great character, even if they don't always totally do her justice. Especially in her love life, which is always pretty weak in my opinion. Cr ...more
Dianne
Celia is finally making some progress with her life. After the last several books fiascos I was happier to see that she was having an easier time of it…until one of the more unforgettable things I have ever read happens to Celia (will she ever forgive herself for that darn body-binding spell? So good in theory, yet so bad when used against you!). Now Celia may be back to square on with her Vampy bits, *sigh* and she has a client who really isn’t a client – it is a matter of Celia’s good conscien ...more
Andi
Dec 04, 2013 Andi rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
3.5 stars. This book was a bit slower than the last, but it still held my interest. I can tell I'm reading a good book when I just want to keep reading. I do love this series!

Much of To Dance with the Devil is about Celia's relationships with others and learning to control her inner "bat." Both progress and setbacks occur with her family and friends.

She gains some closure with her familial relationships. Her friends are back--including some from the past--as well as her current and prior loves,
May
Aug 18, 2014 May rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: fantasy
I am finally--finally!--done with this series!

I do like Celia, but I think the longer the series went on, the more I just kind of got bored with her. She was facing the same problems over and over--her mother's screwed up, her grandmother's an enabler, she has a conflicting/caring relationship with all the men and half the women that are never really resolved. And aaaugh why is she still with Bruno? Their relationship seems so flat, while her relationship with John was filled with awesome bante
Vanessa
In this latest installment of Cat Adams' The Blood Singer series, we begin TO DANCE WITH THE DEVIL with Celia in therapy. Her mother hates her, Celia's grandmother doesn't understand their animosity, all the while dealing with her own problem of being part-vampire and hunted by demons. But it's not the therapy that lands her in the hospital. No, it's the guys in suits who run her off the road, trash her car, and leave her on a sun-soaked beach to burn alive.

Not really the relaxing weekend she wa
Shelf: Favorites
Finished: 21 Feb 2015
Rating: 1/2

I'm a huge fan of the Blood Singer series. I've always felt the writing team of Cat Adams does a good job. Celia Graves (the main character) is very likable and all the books are action packed with a little bit of romance included. This book (# 6 in the series) was, like the others, good, but it felt as if something was lacking. A lot of loose ends seemed to be tied up. She's still with Bruno (I think he's a bit of a douche), she and Creed seem to
Miriam
This is a very good serie, i've read all six books and all of them are very good quality.

Pros:
An intelligent storyline complicated and quite unpredictable(if at times using ghosts as Deus ex machina a little bit too often), good characters that if they are sometimes extreme, they are nonetheless believable. Everything is quite beliavable, dialogues and actions are quite realistic which is great.

Cons:
-The worldbuilding is a little bit poor and thin and the politics of it are sketchy at best, and
LadyCroft86
Another Celia Graves book that is not great but not horrible. Not a whole lot of action in this book. Celia is just as annoying as ever with her drama with her family and friends. The characters are just as flat and boring as ever and not very well rounded. I didn't feel anything for any of the characters except for John Creede and he was banished from the series as a love interest for Celia. So really nothing to really look forward to going into this book. The story was alright but not that exc ...more
Kathy Martin
TO DANCE WITH THE DEVIL was an amazing thrill ride. Celia turns down a case but that doesn't stop a very evil mage from threatening her and endangering her and all of her friends. She also manages to forgive herself for not being able to save her sister Ivy's life when they were children which was just what Ivy needed to move on to the afterlife. While Celia will miss the presence of ghost Ivy in her life, she knows this a best for Ivy.

Celia's mother doesn't feel the same way. Lana is in prison
Kathy Davie
Sixth in the Blood Singer urban fantasy series and revolving around Celia Graves, a bodyguard-turned-vampire-cum-siren. Based in Santa Maria de Luna on the California coast.

My Take
Nothing like jumping in with both feet… This is a tidy-up which fell over into the un-believable arena even as Adams goes exploring into new arenas. Issues with some characters get resolved, experience change (good and bad), or stay in abeyance while new characters are introduced. Yeah, yeah, you may say that's how sto
Teresa
- Ivy (her sister) the ghost is gone after Celia has come to accept what happened to her wasn't her fault. She told her grandmother about this. And decides to slowly break it down to her mother. Her psycho mother - Lana is still in prison after a lot of DUIs and blaming Celia for everything that goes wrong in her life. Lana is blaming Celia for taking away her baby girl (IVY).
- Celia gets a case from a mother who wants to protect her daughter Michelle. Apparently she was not her real mother beca
Dee
I wanted to put this as a four star for the basic fact that it's 10 times better than the previous book. That being said though it felt like this first half of the book was about trying to make us forget about that book and recover the series dignity.

Besides the above the book was pretty good/average. Great mystery and so-so character development. I think we had more character development of the "side kicks." I feel like most story lines went forward in this book and should have us set up for t
Chrystal
Yet another amazing chapter in Celia Graves' life. This time it involves a long standing blood feud, a major family crisis and a messed up love life.

Celia has risen into the ranks of my top five fave female characters - this is only my second Blood Singer Series book, but she has such bravery (or stupidity depending on how you look at it), confidence and she's also quite the combo of human/siren/vampire. She's also quite sassy when she wants to be and I find her humour to be spot on.

This time
Marsha
Dec 18, 2013 Marsha rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Adult Urban Fantasy
Celia Graves has definitely had her share of problems over the past 5 books in the 'Blood Singer' series and "To Dance With the Devil" only promises more challenges. There is plenty of action, suspense, and bad guys oh my in this sixth book. The only question is, "Where is this series going?" As much as I love this series, the villians change from book to book and there does not seem to a central theme. I am beginning to wonder if we are heading in the direction of the Anita Blake series where t ...more
Khalia Hades
For a Siren she sure does seem to have a lot of friends of both sexes! I also loved all of the secondary and tertiary stories in this book that have nothing to do with bad things for once! Mostly. Dawna ,*sigh* - poor thing, but we all saw this coming! Some new characters are brought in as well but don't get to used to them! Old friends are back and in my opinion, will be playing what looks to be larger parts in future books. Oh and it looks like we may learn a little more about the werewolves i ...more
Jessica (a GREAT read)
To Dance with the Devil is Cat Adams' latest installment in the Blood Singer series! This is a series that is just so incredible and fun! We're six books in and I can't believe how much time has passed in the books themselves. It's been a few years, just as it's been a few years since the series started itself.

Celia has come a long way from being the newbie almost vamp to what she is now. Part vampire, part siren. She is able to work the two sides of her heritage pretty smoothly. At times she h
Liv
I thought this book was a huge improvement over the last book.

First of all, the heroine, Celia, had a chance to showcase her excellent planning and deduction skills while busy with playing detective in her mission to prevent the bad guys from doing something disastrous which may potentially bring down the country's most secure prison. Second, there was not much of Bruno (her lover) in the book. As mentioned in my review of the last book, I was always rooting for John Creede (a previous love int
David Wickham
I have really enjoyed this series. I really hope that the authors continue with it. The characters are wonderful. I have to admit that I choked up about the part with Isaac disappearing. The plots get a little bit convoluted but it's what would happen in someone's life. Multiple things go on and Celia's life has more going on than the average person.

I highly recommend this book and the whole series.
Anne
Ok, now I want the next one. I love this series, and want to know what will happen to Celia next. To Dance With the Devil is an action packed book that is hard to put down. Celia, her crew and friends are up against a truly bad mage with lots of power and no mercy. Will they all survive Will Celia be able to save the innocent? I highly recommend this book. Please read this series in order.
Stinkerjo
I love, love Celia. This latest installment was very stressful for her. Celia has come into her own and has had to rebuild her life over several times. I love all her relationships with those around her even her wickedly strange and needy (really f****d up) mother. Keep the books coming ladies.
Felicia
I liked this book a lot. I do have a few complaints though. There should have been a book written about what happened in Mexico, there was a lot of talk about it in this book but it just made me feel like I missed something. I am glad the love triangle has passed and Celia has chosen who she loves but it would have been nice to be part of that process as a reader. Also If I have to hear the story about how the sunrise smoothie was invented one more time I am going to scream! The whole story is t ...more
Shama Bole
A female vampire bodyguard - I expected a fun read and a kick-ass protagonist. This is more like a social drama or soap opera, with relationship issues involving mothers and girlfriends etc. Boring.
Pilla
I bought the first book in the series even though I don't read vampire stories, and I totally got hooked. I've read all six Demon Song novels now, and highly recommend them!
Amanda
My only problem with this book is that once again it feels way too short. You all should know by now that the death curse put on Celia when she was a baby, always makes life a little too exciting for her. There is never a dull moment in her life as she endeavors to protect her client and save her own ass. Celia is a strong heroine that is capable in her own right, but has no qualms about asking for help when its needed.

It is awesome to see how the characters have grown throughout the series and
Chris Evans
The story walks a very narrow Marry Sue line but I think it falls on the favorable side of it. A good middle of the road book, I'd read more.
  • Black Spring (Black Wings, #7)
  • A Trace of Moonlight (Abby Sinclair, #3)
  • Hellhound (Deadtown, #5)
  • Banishing the Dark (Arcadia Bell, #4)
  • Tempt the Stars (Cassandra Palmer, #6)
  • Grave Secret (Secret McQueen, #5)
  • Blue-Blooded Vamp (Sabina Kane, #5)
  • Wicked Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #5)
  • Requiem For The Dead (Dreg City, #5)
  • Of Shadow Born (Shadow World, #4)
  • Stalking the Others (H&W Investigations, #4)
  • Ritual Magic (World of the Lupi, #10)
  • Wild Things (Chicagoland Vampires, #9)
  • Possession (Greywalker, #8)
  • Something Wicked (Living in Eden, #2)
  • Elysian Fields (Sentinels of New Orleans, #3)
This is the pen name of Cathy Clamp and C.T. Adams (co-authors of the Thrall trilogy and the Sazi series published by Tor). They created this name to write under to make it easier for new fans (or old) to find them on the book shelves.

More about Cat Adams...

Blood Singer (6 books)
  • Blood Song (Blood Singer, #1)
  • Siren Song (Blood Singer, #2)
  • Demon Song (Blood Singer, #3)
  • The Isis Collar (Blood Singer, #4)
  • The Eldritch Conspiracy (Blood Singer, #5)
Blood Song (Blood Singer, #1) Demon Song (Blood Singer, #3) Siren Song (Blood Singer, #2) The Isis Collar (Blood Singer, #4) The Eldritch Conspiracy (Blood Singer, #5)