Start by marking “¿Quién salta?” as Want to Read:
¿Quién salta?

¿Quién salta?

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  206 ratings  ·  48 reviews
Who hops and flies and slithers and swims and crawls? In this simple, colorful story, toddlers will find the answer. Now available for the first time, this Spanish-language board book edition of Who Hops? is the perfect read-aloud tale for a whole new audience of hopping children!
Board Book, 34 pages
Published August 1st 2005 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about ¿Quién salta?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ¿Quién salta?

Linda
I read "Who Hoots" and couldn't resist reading its predecessor, "Who Hops." It lists animals who share similar actions, such as snakes who slither and lizards who slither, until it finds and animal that does not do the same action. Then a few facts are given about that animal thus introducing the child to all kinds of animals and the things they do. The illustrations are again very bright and eye-catching, which along with the easy to follow pattern of language all lends very well to story time. ...more
Latosha Finch
This book gives facts about animals that hop and those that do not; animals that fly and those that do not; animals that slither and those that do not; animals that swim and those that do not. This book is a good book for beginner and struggling readers. Students can pick one of these topics out of a hat and in a group, write about those animals that hop, slither, and swim.
Angela Scott
This book goes through a series of animals and what they do such as hop, slither, crawl...but each area has an animal that doesn't do one of that thing. It makes for a funny short story read that will keep children on their toes and get them active at the end of the book when it tells them they can do all those things!
Kristina
Kids can do the actions while book is read - hop, crawl, slither, fly, swim.
Silly element each time the animal that doesn't "hop" etc. is mentioned- "cows hop...NO THEY DON'T!"
Tracy Morton
In this book animals who hop, slitter etc are show and then one animal that doesn't make sense is added into the group. Fun for participation and little text.
Rachel
Just delightful, love the bold graphic quality of the illustrations with deep colors, a great pattern is built as there are correct and "incorrect" answers.
Kelsey Yates
Fun for kids who understand that saying a cow hops is just plain silly. We loved the shocked expressions on the animals with mistaken gaits.
Karen
The first thing you notice about Katie Davis is her fantastic smile. It is gigantic and genuine. It is so broad that her eyes twinkle. Clearly, this is a woman who loves to laugh, and by extension, make others laugh. With her book, "Who Hops?", Katie Davis has achieved this goal.

I don't know if it's because of the brilliant (as in colorful and clever) illustrations, or because of the wonderful silliness of this book, but every time I read this book to my (then) one-year-old son, he lets loose wi
Mrs. Gabrielle Zastrow's
It was great for helping us learn about how authors use refrains in their writing.
Tiffany
Genre: PB25

Cool story that helps young readers learn about animals. The illustrations are well drawn and add to the story to help readers follow the storyline. Cute analogies of what animals do, can help readers learn about a variety of animals in a short story. The colors are bright and fun and make the story more fun to read. I would suggest young readers for this story, but may be a silly read for older readers who know all their animals.

Three words to describe this book: colorful, animals, f
Vivian
Speaking of feet, it's time for a WIGGLE BREAK! Put your hands together and open up this book.
Everybody stand up now and answer "Who Hops?" Frogs, Rabbits, Kangaroos, Cows. Oops. Not cows!
(Let the children hop as you name the hoppers).

The following sections ask "Who flies?", "Who slithers?", "Who swims?", "Who crawls?" and finally, "Who does them all?"

If only a short wiggle break is needed, just do the section of the book which best applies to the story time theme.
Mariah
This is a good book to get kids thinking about different animals and how they are alike and different. This is a simple book that beginning readers could read on their own or that parents and teachers could use with kids that can't read yet. I read this book to a three year old and she had a great time acting out the hopping, swimming, and crawling of different animals.
April
This book is an all-time favorite at our house. My husband and I get a little teary-eyed when we recall our little girls laughing hysterically at the silliness of the suggestion that a COW HOPS. The repetitive style allows young children to quickly predict what will happen so that they learn to read the words themselves. The colorful illustrations are attractive and fun.
jacky
This was read at story time at the Lewiston Library. It lists three animals that do hop (or crawl or swim or fly) and then one that doesn't, which is silly. The illustrations were big and bright. It was a fun animal book, but it didn't have that special something for me. I did like that it was about how animals move versus just their noises.
Krista
This book is a great ‘beginning to read’ book for students. It has simple, colorful illustrations to grab student’s attention but not distract them. The story line is quite cute and clever as well!! It is repetitive which would help students to be able to read it independently in no time. he book is short, sweet, fun, and to the point.
Andi
Aug 16, 2008 Andi rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Preschool through first grade
My six and three year olds love this book. It's funny, surprising and entertaining. My three year old grabs it and runs away to read it to himself again and again. the six year old can read it for real after hearing it read by me once. This would make a delightful read aloud for 3 -6 year old classes.
Katie Casey
Maybe because we read it first, or maybe because Micah prefers saying "Yes, they do" over "No, they don't", but I think we like Who Hoots? better, but both are fun, brightly illustrated books for kids.
Kathy Ellen Davis
Who hops is really fun!
I can see this being a great book to help with comparisons and a great car game, which is where the idea started!

I like the bright, colorful illustrations too!

Haiku Review:
Let's talk animals
and all the things that they do.
and who does what thing!
Leah
A simple, funny brightly coloured book about animals -- those that hop, fly, slither, etc. and those that don't. Likely too long and with too unusual animals for toddlers, but well suited for preschool storytimes where all the children can be invited to mimic the movements in the book.
Aprils
I enjoyed this book a lot. Both the illustrations and the story were very funny. The only thing I didn't enjoy was the use of Comic Sans when the animals were talking. I think that 2-4-year-olds would love this book because of its silliness and bright colors.
Carolina Cruz
It's a silly book. Not something I would recommend, just because there are so many other books that I would have little kids read, that has them actually learning something. I would recommend it as an entertaining read aloud to preschool and kindergarten kids.
Dana
Cows don't hop. And when they try, the results are disastrous, but completely silly fun. With bright illustration and questions such as "who flies?" and "who swims?" begging to be answered, this is a favorite of the preschool storytime crowd.
Lindsay
In this Spanish version of Who Hops?, children will have fun learning about which animals hop, fly, slither, swim, and crawl. I used it as a participatory story for a frog-and-toad-themed program for both Spanish and bilingual story times.
Melissa Wine
PB 21: The great colors and illustrations keep their attention! Would be another great interactive book when teaching animals. Could spark discussion: "What DOES that animal do?" or "If that animal COULD hop, what would it look like?" Fun.
Kristin Miller
This is a great book! It has wonderful bright colors and it will keep children on their toes when they try to figure out if all the animals do what the book says.
Great for lesson on knowing what animals can do.
Tricia
book is funny with pages of animals that do a certain thing...like frogs hop, rabbits hop and then one that does not--e.g. cows hop. viv and em laughed but didn't totally get it. better for 4 years.
Lizzie
This book had a good pattern with bold, clear illustrations. It felt very natural to read and the kids picked up on the idea pretty quickly and enjoyed it.
Paula
Bold colorful illustrations accompany this fun read
Lists creatures that hop, fly, slither, swim, and crawl, as well as some others that don't.
Emily Graham
This book was very cute! My kindergarteners in my field experience loved this book and found it pretty funny! The illustrations are great too!
  • The Very Lazy Ladybug Pop-Up
  • We've All Got Bellybuttons!
  • Bats at the Ballgame
  • Jump!
  • Clip-Clop
  • If You're Happy and You Know It!
  • Peek-a-Zoo!
  • Let's Count Goats!
  • Hello, Day!
  • More Bears!
  • Dancing Feet!
  • Is Everyone Ready for Fun?
  • Ten In The Den
  • Wiggle
  • Cooking with Henry and Elliebelly
  • I Spy With My Little Eye
  • Socksquatch
  • The Twins' Blanket
Katie Davis has written and/or illustrated 10 books for children, and two marketing guides for writers.

Katie’s a "writerpreneur," a writer in business helping other writers. She does this through her newsletter, products, and #1 podcast, Brain Burps About Books.

After winning the School Library Journal Trailee Award, Katie launched Video Idiot Boot Camp: For People Who Think Videos Are Hard To Crea
More about Katie Davis...
Kindergarten Rocks! Who Hoots? The Curse of Addy McMahon Dancing With The Devil Mabel the Tooth Fairy and How She Got Her Job