Already Ready: Nurturing Writers in Preschool and Kindergarten

Already Ready: Nurturing Writers in Preschool and Kindergarten

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Book annotation not available for this title.
Published January 11th 2008 by Heinemann

To ask other readers questions about Already Ready, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Already Ready

Lisa
Aug 17, 2008 Lisa added it
This book was a gift from my mom, via Columbia University (where we both studied two summers ago). It's a professional read (can you tell I'm getting ready for a new academic year?)about early writing instruction (pre-K and K).
Beth
I loved the ideas for creating books with my 3 year old I got from this book. She sees herself as a writer already. I love the focus Ray puts on nurturing that idea of competence in our youngest writers.
Katharine Sadler
I am not a teacher and read this just to get ideas about helping my pre-schoolers to gain skills that will help them to be writers as they get older.
Tif
This wasn't anything earth-shattering that I didn't already believe in, but it's a nice confirmation of practices I like to use in writing instruction.
Karen
Important book for anyone, teacher or caregiver, who wants to nuture the youngest writers among us.
Jen Munnerlyn
This book has interesting information for our KG1 and KG2 teachers. Jane picked in up in London.
Susan Kennedy
Wonderful to be reminded that writing starts well before we can actualy "write" words.
Jenny Hale
The insight Katie Wood Ray offers regarding early writing is phenomenal!
April

Loved it! Very helpful for Writers Workshop!
Laura Gorman
Not as earth shattering as I had hoped, but interesting.
Jennifer P
Book for class. I really enjoyed this one!
Liz
Liz is currently reading it
Aug 01, 2014
Amy Watkins
Amy Watkins marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Kevin English
Kevin English marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Lillian Pope
Lillian Pope marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Jeanale
Jeanale marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
KC
KC marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Scde Literacy
Scde Literacy is currently reading it
May 05, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Pamela
Pamela added it
May 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Study Driven: A Framework for Planning Units of Study in the Writing Workshop Wondrous Words: Writers and Writing in the Elementary Classroom The Writing Workshop: Working Through the Hard Parts (and They're All Hard Parts) What You Know by Heart: How to Develop Curriculum for Your Writing Workshop About the Authors: Writing Workshop with Our Youngest Writers